Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166629 times)
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:59:01 PM

I need some opinion, especially from DT2 and DT1. Will guys allowed when someone is asking for a help instead of paying some reward in BTC or any amount that good in cash we will pay in sMerit?

For example of one of my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2850944.msg29247505#msg29247505 (I never mentioned that I will merit those who help me).
Like if someone can help me I will merit him. Is that allowed? Or is there a chance that someone who does that will be tagged a Negative Trust because of paying sMerit instead of Bitcoin/Altcoin?

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:06:29 PM
Merited by babo (1), BlackMambaPH (1)

I need some opinion, especially from DT2 and DT1. Will guys allowed when someone is asking for a help instead of paying some reward in BTC or any amount that good in cash we will pay in sMerit?

For example of one of my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2850944.msg29247505#msg29247505 (I never mentioned that I will merit those who help me).
Like if someone can help me I will merit him. Is that allowed? Or is there a chance that someone who does that will be tagged a Negative Trust because of paying sMerit instead of Bitcoin/Altcoin?

sMerit should not be given as a form of payment. Merits are created to appreciate, or commend someone for posting a useful information. Yes you can still give sMerit to someone who have help you with your problem but that should not be in a form of payment for the help offered. It is best if you can offer payment in btc / atlcoins, and it is up to you to give out sMerit for the Job well done. After all sMerits where created to promote good quality post not for any payment source or scheme.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:37:33 PM

Am pretty sure you can Merit someone for helping you with public information. You just can't say beforehand "will give out 50 merit if someone can help me" etc.

:]
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:46:07 PM

Am pretty sure you can Merit someone for helping you with public information. You just can't say beforehand "will give out 50 merit if someone can help me" etc.
^ this
Giving merit to someone helping you is not a problem, it's as the system was intended.
When you use a promise of merit to try making your topic more attractive, things start to become problematic, however.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

I'm glad the merit system is here, it was long overdue. Over last few months I was getting engaged in a countless number of conversations where people with Sr. member up to Hero member tags had absolutely no idea what on earth they were talking about - and none of these conversations were highly technical, usual discussions of card settings, profitable coin search, PoS stacking setup etc, all the usual. It kept me wondering how did these guys actually manage to obtain their ranks.

Fondago

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:50:28 PM

So your ranking has nothing to do with time anymore.

I guess this is a complete merit ranking system now. Can someone please help me out?

For such requests you can get a ban. Forum rules, buddy  Smiley
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:24:08 PM

Im newbie for all my past life.

And current life Roll Eyes

:]
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:33:40 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:50:43 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I guess this is a complete merit ranking system now. Can someone please help me out?

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

Why don't you go out into the forum and involve yourself in various substantive Bitcoin (or crypto) topics that are interesting to you, and if you have meaningful contributions to any of the threads that you read, then you will likely earn merits in the coming months.  

If you are merely asking for merits, without any kind of substance to your post, and you think that is the way to go forward, you seem to have the wrong mindset.

Edit:      Three hours after my original post, I clicked on the above-linked post, and I see that GumboTrader deleted it.  I think that this is another sign of "issues" because I had already quoted the post (and another member did too).  Anyhow, when we are relatively new to the forum, we are going to make mistakes.  That is almost a given, and even I make mistakes (some BIGGER than others). 

Personally, I think that it is better NOT to compound mistakes such as deleting posts that have been already quoted because it is likely better to leave the mistakes or respond to the mistake or to edit the mistake rather than to delete the whole post.. but maybe that is just me?    We know that in this forum, members do have the power to delete their earlier posts, and they can exercise their deletion discretion as they wish.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

Why don't you go out into the forum and involve yourself in various substantive Bitcoin (or crypto) topics that are interesting to you, and if you have meaningful contributions to any of the threads that you read, then you will likely earn merits in the coming months.  

If you are merely asking for merits, without any kind of substance to your post, and you think that is the way to go forward, you seem to have the wrong mindset.

I think he means that he still doesn't understand the system as he clearly doesn't understand that time is still a factor.  Activity level is determined by time/posts.  Merit is up to others to give you merit.

However, maybe he was just asking for merit  Tongue
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:58:09 PM

Im newbie for all my past life.

And current life Roll Eyes

And with the merit system future life as well...
Rinso

Activity: 254
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:06:51 PM
Merited by seven.71 (1)

merit system is very popular in this forum
everybody competes to make tread with good quality to get merit (not if it is a bad thing / good) especially rank jr.member, you can see in Sub Meta all discuss and make merit reviews

www.bitcoinisle.com
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:58:17 PM

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

I think he means that he still doesn't understand the system as he clearly doesn't understand that time is still a factor.  Activity level is determined by time/posts.  Merit is up to others to give you merit.

However, maybe he was just asking for merit  Tongue

Your sentiment is correct that he may have had good intentions... hahahhahaha... but probably not.. I know you did not use the words "probably not", but anyhow, at least you seem to see that potential side of the situation.

Generally, I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt (whether it is in this forum or in real life or otherwise), especially when there is some ambiguity., but sometimes it can be quite difficult to give any benefit of the doubt when nearly brand new accounts in this forum are seeming to expect a reward for something and they have not done anything (maybe they are amazing persons in real life, but from their activity there might be no way for us to know that) or they post in such a way that doesn't appear to have made any efforts to either clarify their point(s) or to research a bit into the matter that they are presenting or to provide an adequate context in order that the reader (or responder) does not have to research the matter in order to understand.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:33:19 PM

I think this merit system given by our dear thymos is a kind word of change to make difference in making comments. More important to newbie and junior in this place of doing interaction to other members. I hope even thymos will be kind to us and be honest too in giving merit. Not just dear thymos but also those people around here that can able to give merit.

In my eyes  Wink, unless I've been drinking  Shocked, that's an excellent post  Roll Eyes, hence rewarding +1 sM.  Kiss

On a side note, albeit related to this thread, who was the wiseguy mod who deleted my post here depicting some random S&M dude?  Cry Cry Cry Obviously, whoever it was has no idea as to how much effort went into that though-provocative post.  Grin

PS: This post doesn't deserve any sM so don't even think about reward me one or several or any amount in between, but if you do outta spite, this -->  Kiss

"Seriously, there's more than one way to accomplish this feat?"

CounterEntropy

Activity: 214
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:35:51 PM

has there been any list prepared about the sources as of yet?
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:12:54 PM

I'm so sorry for late giving out my opinion, Shouldn't a New Member self-proclaimed their good quality of post to be merited by someone, rather than jumping across the forum back to back to get some merit? Like linking their posts history to accumulate some merit point by somewhere thread, local.

I couldn't afford to waste my time reading the entire 98 page and read those 1957 posts, and if by somehow this question already been answered link me there you could be my time saver. anywhere any thread that you know this question is been answered.

adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:41:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I've given my opinion on this in 2 or 3 posts on this thread already.

But I'll also add that when an admin is coming up with rules that can cause such a paradigm shift they need to strike a balance so as not to negatively affect the genuine users of the forum. This new system actually shows the dictator styled leadership of the forum.

Anyone who respects a forum should have common sense enough to post standard quality posts without being told, even if there's no reward system in place. In this case the post counts and activities just serve as incentives to participate and contribute meaningfully to this forum.

Many users here are too damn lazy to do research, go through websites, read whitepapers, check out roadmaps and learn about whatever they are commenting about before hitting their keyboards.

Instead of opening room for more moderators and finding a way to reward them to encourage them to keep this forum clean, instead we have his new shit system stuffed down our throats.

Well...I refuse to chew or swallow it.

I'd rather stay stuck on Member for life if the forum refuses to reverse the system, than go out of my way hunting for threads I think I can benefit smerits from by so called 'quality posts'.

Long live BitCoinTalk!!!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:02:05 PM

But I'll also add that when an admin is coming up with rules that can cause such a paradigm shift they need to strike a balance so as not to negatively affect the genuine users of the forum. This new system actually shows the dictator styled leadership of the forum.

Anyone who respects a forum should have common sense enough to post standard quality posts without being told, even if there's no reward system in place. In this case the post counts and activities just serve as incentives to participate and contribute meaningfully to this forum.

Many users here are too damn lazy to do research, go through websites, read whitepapers, check out roadmaps and learn about whatever they are commenting about before hitting their keyboards.

Instead of opening room for more moderators and finding a way to reward them to encourage them to keep this forum clean, instead we have his new shit system stuffed down our throats.

I'd rather stay stuck on Member for life if the forum refuses to reverse the system, than go out of my way hunting for threads I think I can benefit smerits from by so called 'quality posts'.

Long live BitCoinTalk!!!

Why do you think it would be necessary to go "hunting for threads" to get merit?

Looks like even most vocal complainers are receiving merit points so you would probably have to hunt for particularly shitty threads if you wanted to NOT get merit.
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:14:25 PM

I see theymoss didn't even give any chance for members who was waiting rank change today)) I think it's strange, all member are good for forum, not only hero. And if you implemented your new system so suddenly you should give at least another one rank change by old rules, I think would be fair. And It's not a secret that no-one likes this new system except members with highest rank, who don't care about it) And I don't care too. But it may be that very soon we will have "fork" of this forum with more fair rules and all people and startups will move there. Really don't understand you theymoss.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:32:05 PM

Long live BitCoinTalk!!!

Why do you think it would be necessary to go "hunting for threads" to get merit?

Looks like even most vocal complainers are receiving merit points so you would probably have to hunt for particularly shitty threads if you wanted to NOT get merit.

Here's a thought. Wouldn't a quality post stick out in a shit thread more so than in a quality thread, thus upping the odds for a less-than-quality poster on up to earn coveted +1 sM, in those cases garnering sM from shitty posters not operating on full thrusters or worst --> their [cranial] core breach is imminent.

I see theymoss didn't even give any chance for members who was waiting rank change today)) I think it's strange, all member are good for forum, not only hero. And if you implemented your new system so suddenly you should give at least another one rank change by old rules, I think would be fair. And It's not a secret that no-one likes this new system except members with highest rank, who don't care about it) And I don't care too. But it may be that very soon we will have "fork" of this forum with more fair rules and all people and startups will move there. Really don't understand you theymoss.

Excellent suggestion, bud!!! Hey, maybe Roger Ver could start a new forum where all the quality posters on this forum could flock to. Hell, Roger already owns bitcoin.com so I would suggest that the URL of the proposed forum could be https://forum.bitcoin.com/. What's your thoughts on that, coinsniperX?

Meanwhile, I'm just gonna leave this here:

It seems like I will ATN (All Time Newbie)  Grin And It doesn't matter, except the time between posts, that 360 seconds makes me angry)

I gave you one merit to contribute to your rank up and put you at peace.

I can't imagine what 360 between posts must feel like!
He-hey! Thank you good man! But I'm angry again, coz I need to wait 360 sec to reply you  Grin

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

I think that you are going a bit much in your criticism; however, I do think that a fair and repeated point that comes out in your post is that some kind of initial distribution of merit based on activity level or even prorata would have been a bite even-handed.  But even given the validity of such criticism and the merit of such proposal to possibly fix the initial distribution of merit in the forum, I doubt that any of this goes so far as to reasonably imply that Theymos or any administrator or even any high ranking member would intentionally change the system in order to exacerbate unfairness, as you seem to be suggesting such kinds of bad faith.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: