Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166633 times)
Grafschmidt

Activity: 599
Merit: 273

---

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:52:13 AM

Natural selection) beginners have very small chances of growth.
Sooner or later this system should appear, everything is like in life, who is the cleverer and makes a career faster.

There surely is someone who has a legendary friend here.

So, this kind of natural selection is broken.

"Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence".
Thomas Paine, 1776.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:53:10 AM
Merited by RavenHood (3)

In my opinion, the new merit system is respectable because we force to produce a helpful and excellence of posts, and to make the trends easy to understand, as you notice the question somethings is identical the same to others question or topic.  But there also disadvantages some people are smart regarding on cheating. They will sell there merit not here on the forum maybe outside transaction to avoid too caught by the admin on this forum.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:57:58 AM

This will create a new market for selling merits im afraid,
beside i think there are going to be a lot of good posts unrewarded because the merits are scarce and hard to obtain. Undecided

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:59:53 AM

One last thought about it all, when we click on merit on other peoples profile I think we should see who left that merit and where.

codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

I think the new system of merit is fine, i like it. on the other hand I was very close to Hero's rank, now I'm screwed  Cry

Same here buddy, I missed out the Senior Member rank with only 2 Activitypoints and 6 days, now it seems to be far away. It is a pity that Merit is not related to the previous earned Activity points for existing users, so I got the same like a fresh ranked up Full Member.

Although I like the new system.
Joefamwork

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

Looks like "like" system for quality posts and any reward for usual. And agree with words about new market here for merits(
Any article about this in russian?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:00:43 AM

One last thought about it all, when we click on merit on other peoples profile I think we should see who left that merit and where.
This was requested a few times and will be added soon.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Grafschmidt

Activity: 599
Merit: 273

---

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:00:50 AM

In my opinion, the new merit system is respectable because we force to produce a helpful and excellence of posts, and to make the trends easy to understand, as you notice the question somethings is identical the same to others question or topic.  But there also disadvantages some people are smart regarding on cheating. They will sell there merit not here on the forum maybe outside transaction to avoid too caught by the admin on this forum.

Yes but don't worry, this system won't cut down spam or useless post. Fake accounts (and you can't discriminate who is and who's not) will still be there.

"Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence".
Thomas Paine, 1776.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:01:11 AM

This systems looks good to stop compulsive online posters, because now this will be useless, and this is ok.
Of course it sucks: next week I should rank up to "Member" but now it's no more so automatic, and I have to earn 10 points.
OK, we'll see how hard it will be.
But - even I appreciate the good intention - it seems to me that there is a lot of space to abuse.

I mean, I think it will be very easy to create some "clans" where members will reward each other, more over at local level: can someone suspect what kind of agreement will be take in some mysterious language?

I think this system is a very good starting point, and we'll what will happens: of course it's too early to evaluate it.

I'm  little pissed of, as I don't have any merit to share, and by the way I don't understand too well the stuff about merit, smerit, o.5...
I'll read more, we'll see what happen.

Btw, congratulation for the initiative, I hope it will make this forum a better place
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:02:07 AM

I have a question of more morale character. I think it is pretty obvious that there is a lot of respect surrounding the people already bearing Sr. Member to Legendary tags, especially from members with less seniority than these, and rightfully so. However, concerns from the latter can be just as justified, and at times more right and relevant, than the council given from people with great seniority. How do you make sure that Newbie and Jr. Member with something good on their minds' comments doesn't get drowned in the sea of Newbie fudder comments? I have a fear that people with seniority will be more inclined to merit people with seniority, than people with little, regardless of the quality of the post. This thread, and the merits already given here, proves that I am not entirely wrong.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:04:17 AM

This new merit system looks fine with me thanks theymos. This will remove shitposters in this forum definitely. In a week or so, the time will come that one requirements of the signature campaign is base on the merit of the user. Although this is a good additional feature, there is a loophole with this. One is many users will sell their spendable merit to other people so this merit system will be consider a way to earn money too.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:05:07 AM

I have a question of more morale character. I think it is pretty obvious that there is a lot of respect surrounding the people already bearing Sr. Member to Legendary tags, especially from members with less seniority than these, and rightfully so. However, concerns from the latter can be just as justified, and at times more right and relevant, than the council given from people with great seniority. How do you make sure that Newbie and Jr. Member with something good on their minds' comments doesn't get drowned in the sea of Newbie fudder comments? I have a fear that people with seniority will be more inclined to merit people with seniority, than people with little, regardless of the quality of the post. This thread, and the merits already given here, proves that I am not entirely wrong.

Well, I could prove your theory wrong and give you some Merit......
or someone else could prove your theory correct.... Wink

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:06:00 AM

I think we should have the ability to unmerit a post, I really like this idea though because there are certain users with huge negative feedbacks but contribute a lot, so now it will be more clear to newbis that users such as quickseller, and tman that they truly dont desrve to be red, (or in QS case, not in the top 10 most negative)

thanks bud.. though not sure if I like being mentioned in the same thread as QS..

we all know that OG is a bitter vindictive tit who abuses his DT position when he feels like it... I wear my negs from him with pride.. it doesn't stop people trading with me and sending 1st.. its actually amusing to some..

this new position takes some power away from the dinosaur.. so its a good thing..

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

I have a fear that people with seniority will be more inclined to merit people with seniority, than people with little, regardless of the quality of the post. This thread, and the merits already given here, proves that I am not entirely wrong.

Merit is in the eye of the beholder. I would feel more inclined the other way, to reward lower rank members that are making an effort to learn about and get involved in Bitcoin. This forum is where it all started for me and I want to encourage others. This thread isn't really the place to do that.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:12:09 AM

I think the new system of merit is fine, i like it. on the other hand I was very close to Hero's rank, now I'm screwed  Cry

Same here buddy, I missed out the Senior Member rank with only 2 Activitypoints and 6 days, now it seems to be far away. It is a pity that Merit is not related to the previous earned Activity points for existing users, so I got the same like a fresh ranked up Full Member.

I think that it would be a decent proposal to make to Theymos, if he could figure out a way to give pro-rata merit credit to members who are not at the very beginning of their rank.  I know that it might be a lot of work, but it might also be the more fair thing to do, if there is a way to reasonably accomplish such.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16599

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:13:42 AM

I think we should have the ability to unmerit a post
If a post is worth negative Merit, you can simply click "Report to moderator" on the right-bottom of each post.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:14:33 AM

I think that it would be a decent proposal to make to Theymos, if he could figure out a way to give pro-rata merit credit to members who are not at the very beginning of their rank.  I know that it might be a lot of work, but it might also be the more fair thing to do, if there is a way to reasonably accomplish such.

maybe every two weeks along with 14 max activity you could get a certain number of merits as well

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

I think only time will tell if Merit is really a positive addition to the forum. It all depends on how the Users will spend Merit. Will they really spend it on valuable posts or do they give it to people the know/like? So the community is responsible to use Merit as it should be.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:15:49 AM

I see people can get a negative Merit Points too. Do you actually rank down if fall under the rank limit? This can be speculative option if it gets into bad hands.
But the idea is really good, well I was really close to Full member now I have a longer way to go, but no worries, I think I can contribute to the community, already got 7 Merit points and this is awesome Smiley

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:17:36 AM
Merited by TheBeardedBaby (1)

I see people can get a negative Merit Points too. Do you actually rank down if fall under the rank limit?
They can't. This was a bug that was quickly fixed and those ratings/scores were removed.

I think we should have the ability to unmerit a post
If a post is worth negative Merit, you can simply click "Report to moderator" on the right-bottom of each post.
I think unmerit as in remove a given merit.
Merits are permanent, and I think that's good. It gives the merit you reward someone a certain finality.
You can't flip forward and backwards with it, you make this decision, and you stick with it. It gives the act of rewarding merit a certain gravity.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: