Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166647 times)
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:56:15 PM

Huh, new system. Seems pretty complicated to rank up at the moment, considering how "valuable" merit points are right now. Oh well, I'm not one to talk, who doesn't like collecting fake internet points/karma/merits/likes....

Sold Merit are not less fake.

What will happen to members who sell or offer to sell their Merit? Will they are be banished? Or will their merit be canceled?
I mean only - because of the quality of the posts.

I don't think they will be punished for that it's their smerits after all but it does feel like unethical.
Selling smerits will only lead to the bad reputation of the seller.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:23 AM

I think it would be more convenient if one could check his/her sMerit balance at Profile page and under the name at his/her post, which, however, should be visible only for the account holder just like email address to avoid people rush to rich-sMerit holder.

The following images are what I have in mind, the left one is the current interface, the right one is my proposal:

Profile page
https://imgur.com/qbHYTeE

Each post
https://imgur.com/e0eIeEc

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:55:55 AM

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that.  

How cute...I am a potential Legendary member (only missing the post count) and I got only 500 Merit instead of 1000.

So be happy that you only got screwed by less then 150  Cheesy

Well B4RF, you have been a forum member almost as long as me, so you are correct that your post count has caused you to not move up in ranks, and if you had been at least minimally active in ever two week activity period, you would have earned enough activity points to have become legendary a year ago (something like that).  

So, yeah, none of us knew this change was coming, but those of us who remained active benefited by this unexpected change based on activity level (which includes posting regularly).

i've been a member nearly a year longer than you, but I did take a hiatus from posting for 18 months after some losses to scams, (ASICMINER & LABCOIN) I am not moaning about it though, just see it as a challenge to earn the merits needed.

Some of these newbies haven't been through the rise and fall of bitcoin like some of us.. $250-$80 in a matter of hours, MTGOX going pop! SR going down... all these things don't matter to the newbies moaning as they feel entitled, like spoiled little children.

if you can type a coherent post, and be positive and helpful in the community then senior guys and sources will splash Merits.. its not rocket science..

Hahahahaha...

I had not noticed that you were a member of the forum a year long than me, but your explanation makes sense, and yes, I see the date in your forum profile.  

So, yeah, there is nothing wrong with having disagreements with a system, yet you are correct that a whining approach is likely to get you no where quickly.  There are also ways to be innovative, such as the level up approach that you took.  Of course, not everyone is going to agree with it, and some people will even dislike you for it, but it still seems to be a vehicle to attempt for you to make some of your points to encourage positive posts, and those points/goals are not contrary to those of the forum (in fact they line up).

Also, the point has been made several times, that if you merely want to read posts, you don't necessarily need to rank up, but sometimes if you want to be "taken more seriously" in your posts, then rank does seem to have its benefits- especially in a place like this that has a decent number of disingenuous posters (otherwise known as trolls).

I am not a fan of hierarchies, nor on forums neither in life, but if you find yourself immerged in a hierarcy then you have to play the game and if a twist in the rules suddenly makes the system look unfair, then it sucks. The merit system is a good idea but it has been implemented so as so induce in most of the people the feeling they have been screwed. This would have not happened, had the people received one merit for every point of activity. That would have been fair (or it would be fair, it can still be corrected) and 90% of complains would fade away. As so many others I should have become a Hero tomorrow, now it is likely to take years. BTW I'd be a Legendary myself already hadn't I left the world or cryptos and this forum for a few years our of frustration of things which had damaged me in 2014, just like it happened to TMAN. But that's of course is nobody's fault but mine.
same as you , I should have become Sr Member tommorow , Actually I'm also register in 2014 , reason to register account because that time I've join one project (captcoin) created by EcuaMobi, but project discontinues , plus that time motorcycle accident , thank god I'm fine now , so no time to stay in this forum , after few year , I come back in 2017 and start again to active my account

I saw that Moderator decided to increase merit to everyone with activity >=775 , I'm hope that he also increase merit to Full Member > Sr Member and Sr Member to Hero Member , I think this two rank also same as Hero Member > Legendary , previous allocation was not fair
I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.
jackielim

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:58:51 AM

I wonder who the first one to 15 million merits will be Wink

I like this change a lot. Hopefully we'll see an increase in post quality.
Though its very appropriate, its getting harder to be promoted to higher rank. Of course, quality post should always be considered and  to avoid spam.
nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:11:39 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 03:29:05 AM by nioschka
Merited by TMAN (2)

This kind of system is unfair to the community. Why?

1. Only the higher ranks have the ability to give more merits than the lower rank.
2. Majority of the members will tends to abuse it. (Give me a merit and i'll give yours in your alt account).
3. It will only create another offense or another SCAM for buying and selling Merits.
4. Many quality post specially low ranks are taken for granted ( and i know this comment will taken for granted by many because this is a newbie account) unless you know the person or the account holder.
5. Demerit also needs to be implemented to create a balance  if @Theymos is really serious of eradicating shit posting or spam.

I DARE those so called Legendary and Heroes  to agree with me if you have BALLS enough (only people who have BALLS will quote and agree) and you are really serious to eliminate shit posters.

I'm also calling all DT's to agree with me and lets finish this shit posting for good.

I would give you a merit or two but I don't have them Smiley I have just two questions for you: are you serious about the point 5? You really think someone is bothered by spam posts? This system is conceived to slow down the growth of the forum and to separate the upper class from the commons like us (which is not such a bad thing, if you ask me - these guys have created this forum, answered so many questions and did so many favors to juniors that they deserved to be the upper class, kings, Gods, or whatever they like to be).

The math is simple:
cause everyone can give only the half of the merits they get - half of the people will advance to the upper levels (most probably even much less, cause merits will tend to group together around certain people or groups) And that's just the first round. If we all had, let's say 100 merits to give to each other, in the next round we will have only 50, then 25, then 12, 6, 3, 1 and at the end - nothing. So, basically, by introducing this system of descending number of merits that never renew in the hands of the commons, the forum is locked and can be unlocked only by the mercy of Gods. And then, if you like to advance, only a God can help you with that Cheesy It doesn't have anything with the quality of the posts, the quality will remain the same, of course, only the posts of the commons will sound more stupid, empty-headed, and God-fearing (or this is a pleonasm, in fact, because these three are the same?) because people usually tend to adjust to the system when it's forced upon them Smiley

And the second question about the point number 3: guess once who has the unlimited number of merits to sell Smiley (again: I support that, they deserved it)
Hail to Gods ('cause they give merits) and cheers to commons ('cause they've made blockchain and this forum and Gods possible)!
scorilo

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:21:35 AM

thx for explaining it. I was wondering how the merit works. I think this could be a good solution against spammers. since another person awards you a merit that means that it's very possible that you made a good and helpful comment
dr_thuytien

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:34:14 AM

I think it would be more convenient if one could check his/her sMerit balance at Profile page and under the name at his/her post, which, however, should be visible only for the account holder just like email address to avoid people rush to rich-sMerit holder.

The following images are what I have in mind, the left one is the current interface, the right one is my proposal:

Profile page
https://imgur.com/qbHYTeE
https://i.imgur.com/qbHYTeE.png

Each post
https://imgur.com/e0eIeEc
https://i.imgur.com/e0eIeEc.png
Excellent idea! It should be taken into consideration by devs.
mehar_gee

Activity: 504
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:46:02 AM

1. Only the higher ranks have the ability to give more merits than the lower rank.
2. Majority of the members will tends to abuse it. (Give me a merit and i'll give yours in your alt account).
3. It will only create another offense or another SCAM for buying and selling Merits.
4. Many quality post specially low ranks are taken for granted ( and i know this comment will taken for granted by many because this is a newbie account) unless you know the person or the account holder.
5. Demerit also needs to be implemented to create a balance  if @Theymos is really serious of eradicating shit posting or spam.

I DARE those so called Legendary and Heroes  to agree with me if you have BALLS enough (only people who have BALLS will quote and agree) and you are really serious to eliminate shit posters.

I'm also calling all DT's to agree with me and lets finish this shit posting for good.

I would give you a merit or two but I don't have them Smiley I have just two questions for you: are you serious about the point 5? You really think someone is bothered by spam posts? This system is conceived to slow down the growth of the forum and to separate the upper class from the commons like us (which is not such a bad thing, if you ask me - these guys have created this forum, answered so many questions and did so many favors to juniors that they deserved to be the upper class, kings, Gods, or whatever they like to be).

The math is simple:
cause everyone can give only the half of the merits they get - half of the people will advance to the upper levels (most probably even much less, cause merits will tend to group together around certain people or groups) And that's just the first round. If we all had, let's say 100 merits to give to each other, in the next round we will have only 50, then 25, then 12, 6, 3, 1 and at the end - nothing. So, basically, by introducing this system of descending number of merits that never renew in the hands of the commons, the forum is locked and can be unlocked only by the mercy of Gods. And then, if you like to advance, only a God can help you with that Cheesy It doesn't have anything with the quality of the posts, the quality will remain the same, of course, only the posts of the commons will sound more stupid, empty-headed, and God-fearing (or this is a pleonasm, in fact, because these three are the same?) because people usually tend to adjust to the system when it's forced upon them Smiley

And the second question about the point number 3: guess once who has the unlimited number of merits to sell Smiley (again: I support that, they deserved it)
Hail to Gods ('cause they give merits) and cheers to commons ('cause they've made blockchain and this forum and Gods possible)!
yes you and your math is right but i think you forgot about merit source
read this
and this is written in the first post of this thread by moderator
"Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention."
there are more info about merit source in the first post on this thread
and there explains well that how you can be a merit source
krazyx

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:05:16 AM

To say the least, something of this nature was to come upon the community sooner or later. Increasing cryptocurrency awareness is bringing so many new users to this forum and everyone is heading up the hierarchy. Sadly enough the upper room isn't always enough for everyone on the pyramid and there has to be a way to slow down progressions. Merit is not just a sanitizer, but also a tranquilizer.

Hahahahahahaha

The keeping the stampeding masses down from the top of the pyramid theory.  Great.   Cheesy

Yes it's a bit like that when you read between the lines...
Anyway this new system might bring an higher quality of posting. Lately with the "Rank race", lots of thread were polluted with useless and/or low quality posting...
Tesorex

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:05:39 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:43:03 AM by Tesorex

Top merited users are campaign managers. richest users.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Top merited users are campaign managers.

Not really true.

Top-merited users, all-time
1340: theymos
638: Lutpin
482: satoshi
290: TMAN
275: explorder

One out of the top 5 is.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
baundul

Activity: 307

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:16:02 AM

Name: ColorlessK
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1029845
Merit: 134

Name: aTriz
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920
Merit: 587
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:21:23 AM

Name: ColorlessK
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1029845
Merit: 134

Name: aTriz
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920
Merit: 587

Has it not occurred to you that some campaign managers put a lot of time and effort into supporting and contributing to this forum for free? They may also have a job to do here but some of them do a lot more besides that.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
crazyphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:27 AM

Your challenge here is a bit much, and likely has the opposite effect.  In reality, I should just ignore you rather than even quoting anything... even though you made some decent other points, but your points are not the be all end all, there are a lot of ways of framing matters, and there is not ONLY ONE way of looking at things, which happen to be your own way.  Get a grip.   Roll Eyes    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  (see trying to find some humor in your nonsensical attempt at seriousness).
Are you afraid of Demerit because you might end up becoming a Jr Member because of your posting or you don't have enough BALLS to agree?
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:32:31 AM

I wonder who the first one to 15 million merits will be Wink

I like this change a lot. Hopefully we'll see an increase in post quality.
Though its very appropriate, its getting harder to be promoted to higher rank. Of course, quality post should always be considered and  to avoid spam.
Well I think this new merit system start by theymos will really help this forum to be get alive with a good quality post. Because many of the users will be obligated to write a knowledgeable and informative comment in order to have a merit. So that those people who will rank up was been screened by this new system.
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:13 AM
Merited by NattyLiteCoin (2)

It's a bit dishonestly. When I should be Full Member tomorrow, I will stay a Member with 10 merit because I was a Member at the moment of implementation of new requirements and all my 170+ posts where done in past. To gain 90 merit I need do the same amount of worthwhile posts  Grin Maybe Merit should be automatically counted according to activity, not the rank.

Tongue
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:43:14 AM

It's a bit dishonestly. When I should be Full Member tomorrow, I will stay a Member with 10 merit and all my 170+ posts where done in past. TO gain 90 merit I need do the same amount of worthwhile posts  Grin
Just write a really, really, really good post and you shouldn't have any problem accumulating 90 merit. And I'm sure if you do create such a post, you'll have made the forum a better place because of it Wink

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:44:17 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

It's a bit dishonestly. When I should be Full Member tomorrow, I will stay a Member with 10 merit and all my 170+ posts where done in past. TO gain 90 merit I need do the same amount of worthwhile posts  Grin

That is the whole issue.. what you are trying to do is dishonest.

you are not providing value with your posts, you only care about earning a few satoshi's.. that isn't cool, that isn't what this community is about. Like it or not the new system was bought in to fight the spam produced by people like you.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
crazyphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:17:15 AM by crazyphoenix

The math is simple:

yes you and your math is right but i think you forgot about merit source
read this
and this is written in the first post of this thread by moderator
"Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention."
there are more info about merit source in the first post on this thread
and there explains well that how you can be a merit source
Yes i am dead serious with Demerit because if it is implemented, No one dares even a high rank that will try to spam or create shit posting ever. They will think first and edit all the things that they will post or comment in every thread. if i where to @Theymos i rather make the ACTIVITY or POST = MERIT   to be fair with all ranks and DEMERIT will be the guide which post or comments are spam or shitpost. In demerit section there should be a reason why this post gets a demerit. You need to directly address the problem not create another problem.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:46:15 AM

Well I think this new merit system start by theymos will really help this forum to be get alive with a good quality post. Because many of the users will be obligated to write a knowledgeable and informative comment in order to have a merit. So that those people who will rank up was been screened by this new system.

common, it won't happen. Writing  knowledgeable and informative comment does not guaranties you anything, merit simply might not be available in the topic you write )
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: