Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166628 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:55:52 AM

I know, but I already wrote a really really good posts and a quite big amount and received no merit. And no one will give merit to another people, no one need it. Just you give merit to me I give it to u.

There are several people offering free review services. If you think you have written worthy posts that have gone unnoticed then seek them out and ask them to have a look. If they agree that the posts deserve merit they will award it.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 10:01:07 AM

It's a bit dishonestly. When I should be Full Member tomorrow, I will stay a Member with 10 merit and all my 170+ posts where done in past. TO gain 90 merit I need do the same amount of worthwhile posts  Grin
Just write a really, really, really good post and you shouldn't have any problem accumulating 90 merit. And I'm sure if you do create such a post, you'll have made the forum a better place because of it Wink
I know, but I already wrote a really really good posts and a quite big amount and received no merit. And no one will give merit to another people, no one need it. Just you give merit to me I give it to u.

I looked through your posts and do not see anything that is "really really good posts"

perhaps the issue is you are not a native English speaker, so your idea of a good post and others are two different things..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

It's a bit dishonestly. When I should be Full Member tomorrow, I will stay a Member with 10 merit and all my 170+ posts where done in past. TO gain 90 merit I need do the same amount of worthwhile posts  Grin
Just write a really, really, really good post and you shouldn't have any problem accumulating 90 merit. And I'm sure if you do create such a post, you'll have made the forum a better place because of it Wink

I looked through your posts and do not see anything that is "really really good posts"

perhaps the issue is you are not a native English speaker, so your idea of a good post and others are two different things..

I dont want to defend this guy but all other users which got several hundred merits through the initial distribution didnt need any "really really good posts"
From now on everyone needs to deliver but the merit earned from the current accounts status is actually not worth much in my opinion.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:10:32 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:31:13 AM by nioschka

This kind of system is unfair to the community. Why?

1. Only the higher ranks have the ability to give more merits than the lower rank.
2. Majority of the members will tends to abuse it. (Give me a merit and i'll give yours in your alt account).
3. It will only create another offense or another SCAM for buying and selling Merits.
4. Many quality post specially low ranks are taken for granted ( and i know this comment will taken for granted by many because this is a newbie account) unless you know the person or the account holder.
5. Demerit also needs to be implemented to create a balance  if @Theymos is really serious of eradicating shit posting or spam.

I DARE those so called Legendary and Heroes  to agree with me if you have BALLS enough (only people who have BALLS will quote and agree) and you are really serious to eliminate shit posters.

I'm also calling all DT's to agree with me and lets finish this shit posting for good.

I would give you a merit or two but I don't have them Smiley I have just two questions for you: are you serious about the point 5? You really think someone is bothered by spam posts? This system is conceived to slow down the growth of the forum and to separate the upper class from the commons like us (which is not such a bad thing, if you ask me - these guys have created this forum, answered so many questions and did so many favors to juniors that they deserved to be the upper class, kings, Gods, or whatever they like to be).

The math is simple:
cause everyone can give only the half of the merits they get - half of the people will advance to the upper levels (most probably even much less, cause merits will tend to group together around certain people or groups) And that's just the first round. If we all had, let's say 100 merits to give to each other, in the next round we will have only 50, then 25, then 12, 6, 3, 1 and at the end - nothing. So, basically, by introducing this system of descending number of merits that never renew in the hands of the commons, the forum is locked and can be unlocked only by the mercy of Gods. And then, if you like to advance, only a God can help you with that Cheesy It doesn't have anything with the quality of the posts, the quality will remain the same, of course, only the posts of the commons will sound more stupid, empty-headed, and God-fearing (or this is a pleonasm, in fact, because these three are the same?) because people usually tend to adjust to the system when it's forced upon them Smiley

And the second question about the point number 3: guess once who has the unlimited number of merits to sell Smiley (again: I support that, they deserved it)
Hail to Gods ('cause they give merits) and cheers to commons ('cause they've made blockchain and this forum and Gods possible)!
yes you and your math is right but i think you forgot about merit source
read this
and this is written in the first post of this thread by moderator
"Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention."
there are more info about merit source in the first post on this thread
and there explains well that how you can be a merit source
No, I didn't, mate Smiley I just don't call them"merit sources", but "Merit Gods". Because the only real consequence of the introducing of the merit system is that the system crowned them as the Lords of the Bitcointalk. Here in this part: "the forum is locked and can be unlocked only by the mercy of Gods. And then, if you like to advance, only a God can help you with that". Again, I don't want to be misunderstood: I agree with them being crowned, and I support that. If someone should have been crowned, these guys sure have deserved that. Just that it gets on my nerves when people are talking about "quality of posts", thinking that other people are stupid or something. If someone really wanted to improve the "quality", he could achieve that in several simpler ways, without crowning himself and his friends as Gods and completely stop the army of honest and hardworking people by putting them at the mercy of the few. They did a great job with this forum, there are people who earn their living here, and this casts a shadow on the great image they have created for themselves in the past. Cheers, mate Smiley
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:03:35 AM

I agree, most of the latest posts were useless, but there are many posts that are really good, but anyway I received 0 merit.
Also new requirements don't solve the problem, it will be the groups like "merit for merit", also fake accounts can merit themselves, friends can merit themselves, so it will be hard to gain Merit for simple users. As well, all the spammers and people with really bad bad posts received Merit amount according to their rank.
I think u should write to administrator to reduce u merit amount to 0 and rank to Junior Member and let's the game start!

I looked again and cannot see any "really good" posts.. sorry fella but you just are not contributing in a way that benefits the forum.

and as for me having my rank and merit score reduced, why should I? I have forgot more about bitcoin than you will ever know. I have lost more in scams than you will ever be able to buy, I have been there done that and got the T-shirt.

so instead of moaning and bitching - try to improve your English, or post on your local board and read more threads..

sorry chap but I am not going to get my violin out here.

Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:11:38 AM

It seems like giving out merit nowadays seems to be few and far between ....

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:16:05 AM

It seems like giving out merit nowadays seems to be few and far between ....

Have a look at this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent

There's plenty of merit being given out all the time. You can also click on the links to the posts that just got merited and have a look to see what is considered merit worthy. It might give you inspiration as what to do if you want to get some.

JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:26:45 AM
Merited by iluvbitcoins (1), djangocoin (1)

I figured I'd post my merit infographic in this thread as well.

https://imgur.com/a/5AohP

ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:31:22 AM

There are several people offering free review services. If you think you have written worthy posts that have gone unnoticed then seek them out and ask them to have a look. If they agree that the posts deserve merit they will award it.

It's so ridiculous! The effects of merit system seems to change to wrong way. Users in the forum now tend to focus on finding others, finding evidences, etc. like radars of amdin, moderators rather than contribute constructive, high-qualitied posts. What for? Are those posts/ topics high-qualitied? I don't think so, despite of their time and their efforts for those ones.

And by now, lower-ranked users tend to embrace to higher-ones for getting free merits. Why they have to do that? The merit system (the current one) does (likely) not treat users equally.

I can not refuse the fact that merit system is going to change the forum forever in possitive way. However, there are several serious problems in the shadow.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

Thanks for your image - (It has merit - boom tish!)

But I think one of the arrows in the green dot gives other green dot merits is pointing the wrong way.

First gives second ten, second gives third five...

nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:38:00 AM

This kind of system is unfair to the community. Why?

1. Only the higher ranks have the ability to give more merits than the lower rank.
2. Majority of the members will tends to abuse it. (Give me a merit and i'll give yours in your alt account).
3. It will only create another offense or another SCAM for buying and selling Merits.
4. Many quality post specially low ranks are taken for granted ( and i know this comment will taken for granted by many because this is a newbie account) unless you know the person or the account holder.
5. Demerit also needs to be implemented to create a balance  if @Theymos is really serious of eradicating shit posting or spam.

I DARE those so called Legendary and Heroes  to agree with me if you have BALLS enough (only people who have BALLS will quote and agree) and you are really serious to eliminate shit posters.

I'm also calling all DT's to agree with me and lets finish this shit posting for good.

I would give you a merit or two but I don't have them Smiley I have just two questions for you: are you serious about the point 5? You really think someone is bothered by spam posts? This system is conceived to slow down the growth of the forum and to separate the upper class from the commons like us (which is not such a bad thing, if you ask me - these guys have created this forum, answered so many questions and did so many favors to juniors that they deserved to be the upper class, kings, Gods, or whatever they like to be).

The math is simple:
cause everyone can give only the half of the merits they get - half of the people will advance to the upper levels (most probably even much less, cause merits will tend to group together around certain people or groups) And that's just the first round. If we all had, let's say 100 merits to give to each other, in the next round we will have only 50, then 25, then 12, 6, 3, 1 and at the end - nothing. So, basically, by introducing this system of descending number of merits that never renew in the hands of the commons, the forum is locked and can be unlocked only by the mercy of Gods. And then, if you like to advance, only a God can help you with that Cheesy It doesn't have anything with the quality of the posts, the quality will remain the same, of course, only the posts of the commons will sound more stupid, empty-headed, and God-fearing (or this is a pleonasm, in fact, because these three are the same?) because people usually tend to adjust to the system when it's forced upon them Smiley

And the second question about the point number 3: guess once who has the unlimited number of merits to sell Smiley (again: I support that, they deserved it)
Hail to Gods ('cause they give merits) and cheers to commons ('cause they've made blockchain and this forum and Gods possible)!
yes you and your math is right but i think you forgot about merit source
read this
and this is written in the first post of this thread by moderator
"Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention."
there are more info about merit source in the first post on this thread
and there explains well that how you can be a merit source
I forgot one thing, sorry: "there are more info about merit source in the first post on this thread and there explains well that how you can be a merit source". Smiley Really? Mate? Do you really think that you and me, commoners, "dust on the floor", can ever become "Merit Gods"? Do you think hard work will get you to the board of directors in your company? Do you believe Santa will give you presents because you've been good? Above all, what may sound strange to some, I don't think you should even desire to become one, too. Not to spam this thread and to repeat myself, I would like to refer you to this post of mine in which I list reasons why, in my opinion, nobody should ever crave for becoming a "Merit God" (I feel a bit dirty by merely receiving this weapon of mass destruction, but that's the other story, because I'm a hardcore leftist): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg29073011#msg29073011
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:39:02 AM

It's so ridiculous! The effects of merit system seems to change to wrong way. Users in the forum now tend to focus on finding others, finding evidences, etc. What for? Are those posts/ topics high-qualitied? I don't think so, despite of their time and their efforts for those ones.

You're looking at it the wrong way. The merit system is highlighting good posts and making them easier to find. You can use that link to the stats to help find them, you can look at posters you like and see what they have given merit to and you can skim through long threads and just stop to read posts that have merit.

And by now, lower-ranked users tend to embrace to higher-ones for getting free merits. Why they have to do that? The merit system (the current one) does (likely) not treat users equally.

They don't have to do anything. Why do you care about ranking up unless you're only here for bounties? Have a read of my favourite post of the day so far. I gave it 1 merit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.msg29200044#msg29200044

I can not refuse the fact that merit system is going to change the forum forever in possitive way. However, there are several serious problems in the shadow.

It sure is changing things for the good. I haven't found any problems yet.

B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:39:17 AM

But I think one of the arrows in the green dot gives other green dot merits is pointing the wrong way.

This part of the infographic is not about rekursively sending Merits but about the difference of Merit and sMerit.
A user can spend 10 sMerit on a post, this would result in 10 Merit for the author of that post as well as 5 sMerit for the same author.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
OzyMeister

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:03:16 PM

This thread should be stickied imo.
A lot of people will ask what's merit or  how to get merits point.

1 question to theymos, how if someone/people buying/selling merit points to ranked up faster?
I hope a permaban for that person/people.
No one would be foolish enough to post about it openly so that they get banned.
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

This part of the infographic is not about rekursively sending Merits but about the difference of Merit and sMerit.
A user can spend 10 sMerit on a post, this would result in 10 Merit for the author of that post as well as 5 sMerit for the same author.

This part was the most confusing to me.  I am glad the infographic was made and thanks for further confirming.  I'm glad that you can never lose merit until demerit system is fully in place.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

snip

OMG  Grin You lost more that I am able to buy? As u can see I don't even participate in bounties like you. Looking at your rank and forum activity I also can say that you are a simple freebie seeker, scholar (maybe already student), which registered here because he didn't have a job and parents didn't give enough money.

or I am a middle aged bloke who has 4 kids 3 in private schools, has a very large physical collectible collection and resides in a massive house in a country with low captital gains tax's..

one of us is right and the other is wrong.. maybe we should have a wager over this??

ALAX_io

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:13:05 PM

It will take some time before all users accept this system and the whole merit system becomes effective.

sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:21:25 PM

I think it would be more convenient if one could check his/her sMerit balance at Profile page and under the name at his/her post, which, however, should be visible only for the account holder just like email address to avoid people rush to rich-sMerit holder.

The following images are what I have in mind, the left one is the current interface, the right one is my proposal:

Profile page
https://imgur.com/qbHYTeE

Each post
https://imgur.com/e0eIeEc

Excellent idea! It should be taken into consideration by devs.
Thanks!  I hope the developer team find my post and like it.  It would be very simple and yet efficient change for the Merit system.
itsmeram

Activity: 212
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:24:13 PM

What do you think about merit system?
Why did you make 2 posts in 3 minutes?
This is not the correct way to gain Merits  Lips sealed
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:35:39 PM

Honestly feels like people will have their account status stagnated. You say this is to prevent low quality posts, but won't users try to spam out more posts in hopes that they can finally rank up with a lucky thread?

If you try to fix the stagnation problem by allowing free merit points every 2 weeks like activity, then it just becomes another thing for people to farm, which will ultimately be more profitable because higher status accounts will be more difficult and ultimately more blindly trusted.

Not a well thought out system.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: