Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166653 times)
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:58:09 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 01:17:33 AM by eddie13
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1), CoinEraser (1)

Havent been around for a bit so I guess I missed all of this..
This is going to be a lot to catch up on..

Basically what I get so far is that I was like 1 or 2 activity cycles away from Legendary/Potential Legendary and now all of a sudden I'm going to have to collect an additional 500! Merit points to rank up? lol

Wonder if I would have got 1000 to start if I was already pot Legendary..

Other than the way I feel this system effects me slightly negativly I think it's going to be awesome for the forum!

All the sig spammers are going to have to actually make constructive posts and get merits to rank up right?

Ranking up is going to be much much much harder in general.. I guess I should be thankful to have what I have..

I wonder if account prices will go through the roof now.. I bet they will..
New account creation with any upranking to participate in sig camps is going to go through the floor at the same time accounts are ruined every day with negative trust..

Accounts with good standing are going to get scarce..

Well their's my first reaction, suppose I should read all this stuff now and really figure it out..

Maybe it will prove easier to gain another 500 rank than I'm thinking but I doubt it..

I think I might have a decent chunk of sMerit, I got 82

"The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year."

I think I earned pretty close to max activity points in 2017 I imagine the year he is talking about or maybe it's YTD..

Name:   theymos
Activity:   2912
Merit:   1534
Position:   Administrator
Date Registered:   February 08, 2010, 04:49:38 PM
Last Active:   Today at 06:24:33 PM

Right, I just tried it on His post in the OP to try and because I liked the post and system, but I'm thinking it was pretty much a waste of my sMerit now because it is pretty pointless to give merit to any legendary members..

K that's like 12 pages... I can't read it all..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ragnarok9028

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:55:34 AM

This  thread is very helpful for newbie like me... Thanks a lot for clear information and clarification  Smiley
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:02:33 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I have made 800 posts so far being very active on this forum. at the beginning I asked so many questions from senior members of this forum. Actually When I came to this forum My crypto knowledge is zero. now I have a fair knowledge thanks to this forum. I didn't create a bitcointalk account just to participate in bounty campaign. meanwhile Some one informed about them and I just looked gathered information about them and decided to participate them. currently I am following one signature campaign. But once I started signature campaign the new merit system comes to the stage.  Now it is very hard to rank up. I have made so many posts. I don't think they are rubbish. but still I got only 1 merit, It will take years to rank up to member from Jr. member for me. So  I won't be able to do any Signature campaign which asks for rank status of member.  and I don't know when I can rank up to Member with this merit gaining rate. I think other new members who stay at Jr. member rank level facing the same problem. It is very very hard to get merits.  Cry

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:24:05 AM

I have made 800 posts so far being very active on this forum. at the beginning I asked so many questions from senior members of this forum. Actually When I came to this forum My crypto knowledge is zero. now I have a fair knowledge thanks to this forum. I didn't create a bitcointalk account just to participate in bounty campaign. meanwhile Some one informed about them and I just looked gathered information about them and decided to participate them. currently I am following one signature campaign. But once I started signature campaign the new merit system comes to the stage.  Now it is very hard to rank up. I have made so many posts. I don't think they are rubbish. but still I got only 1 merit, It will take years to rank up to member from Jr. member for me. So  I won't be able to do any Signature campaign which asks for rank status of member.  and I don't know when I can rank up to Member with this merit gaining rate. I think other new members who stay at Jr. member rank level facing the same problem. It is very very hard to get merits.  Cry

800 posts are mostly shit.. have you ever heard of quality over QTY?? 800 in 2 months is 100 a week..  you are not knowlegeable enough bitcoin to post that much

some examples..

Japan and South Korea are Bitcoin friendly countries they built atm machines intended only for btc like on the atm machine of the banks. I considered also my country Philippines as a bitcoin friendly country because of the hassle-free converting BTC to real hard cash.

Do you have Bitcoin ATM machines in Philippines ? I guess you you don't have , may be in near future you will get ATM machines as well.

shitpost

I made a lot of purchases on crypto at yesterday. not just for bitcoins, but pass them out for some crypto. I think, bitcoin and some other altcoin will soon grow back in the near future.

Of course it will rise again once BITCOIN price is stable. may be after March or April.

shitpost

Not too cold

Yeah great Now I know. thanks
shitpost

got bored here - but you get the idea, all you are posting is absolute bull crap.. also posting in bounty threads..

so in short - fuck off and get a job...

xxx

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:19:17 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1), lienfaye (1)

Even though I agree with a lot of the points of Tman, that you have a lot of shitty posts, I also believe that you have decent posts, too, and accordingly, I have decided to give you two merits.

Part of my point here is to demonstrate that there are going to be varying level of standards in terms of members deciding to give merits and on what basis, and in that regard your ability to receive merits is partly subjective, and members are going to view your posts and your intentions in different ways. 

My giving you merit is no way intended to controvert Tman's assertions, because I looked at your above attached post, and I thereafter browsed through some of your post history.  At that point, I decided to give you two merits before I even saw Tman's post.  After I read Tman's post, I considered only giving you 1 merit, but in the end, I decided to stay with my original decision to give you 2 merits - because I had already decided to do so on independent grounds from Tman's valid assertions about the overall apparent low quality of your posts, which leaves a bad impression of your intentions to just throw a bunch of garbage without reading the threads in which you are posting.

If you keep attempting to improve your posts, learning and helping others and interacting with substance, then it is likely that you will receive merits with the passage of time, at least enough to reach member status (which is 10 merits).  Surely Full member, Sr member, Hero and Legendary rankings will be more difficult to achieve, but I doubt that it is impossible for you to achieve as long as you attempt to contribute in the forum...  

I also get quite annoyed when it seems that some posters are not reading any of the thread prior to posting and then interacting in a way that is not really contributing because they could have easily found out the answer to their question(s) by reading more parts of the thread (of course you should not have to read all 100 pages of a thread but at least if you read a few pages, including OP, and then you read a few of the last several pages, then you will be a bit better informed on the themes of the thread..

And surely finding topics that interest you will be helpful too, but perhaps it would be better to read significant aspects of threads first and maybe post half as many posts (at least in the beginning).. maybe averaging fewer than 8 posts per day rather than your current average of around 15 posts per day...  .  

I also believe that we are stuck with this merit system, and even if you believe that it is going to be difficult to receive merits, the longer you are on the forum, and the more people get to know you, the easier it is going to be to interact and to receive merits.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:53:18 AM

I have made 800 posts so far being very active on this forum. at the beginning I asked so many questions from senior members of this forum. Actually When I came to this forum My crypto knowledge is zero. now I have a fair knowledge thanks to this forum. I didn't create a bitcointalk account just to participate in bounty campaign. meanwhile Some one informed about them and I just looked gathered information about them and decided to participate them. currently I am following one signature campaign. But once I started signature campaign the new merit system comes to the stage.  Now it is very hard to rank up. I have made so many posts. I don't think they are rubbish. but still I got only 1 merit, It will take years to rank up to member from Jr. member for me. So  I won't be able to do any Signature campaign which asks for rank status of member.  and I don't know when I can rank up to Member with this merit gaining rate. I think other new members who stay at Jr. member rank level facing the same problem. It is very very hard to get merits.  Cry

800+ posts and only 56 activity.. wow, that has to be one of the biggest discrepancies on here lol..

How did you manage this did you like make a few hundred posts over several weeks then never post again lol

Still i agree with JayJuanGee, there are some good posts.. shame you didn't pace yourself more as you'd be a higher rank by now.

:]
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

I also believe that we are stuck with this merit system, and even if you believe that it is going to be difficult to receive merits, the longer you are on the forum, and the more people get to know you, the easier it is going to be to interact and to receive merits.

This is whats on my mind since merit introduced. Popular and famous people will get the merits easily, so it is like a popularity contest for new and mid rank members, since high rank members are not too many on numbers and some of them are well known on this forum. So, higher merit means he/she/it is a famous and popular person in the forum, but in the future it may be hard to distincts someone who gets 1000 merits since lower rank from someone who already had 1000 merits because of they are already high rank when merit introduced. Here is just some idea that comes in to my mind, what if we have a new medal/symbol/mark/coin like rank does, or just made the coin for the rank becomes a different color if someone achieve a merit milestones. It is just some idea, feel free to comment it anyway.

800+ posts and only 56 activity.. wow, that has to be one of the biggest discrepancies on here lol..

How did you manage this did you like make a few hundred posts over several weeks then never post again lol

Still i agree with JayJuanGee, there are some good posts.. shame you didn't pace yourself more as you'd be a higher rank by now.

Spamming, so when the time is about to get activity (near 14 days) , they will just do 1 post and then then get 14 points.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:20:22 AM

This is whats on my mind since merit introduced. Popular and famous people will get the merits easily, so it is like a popularity contest for new and mid rank members, since high rank members are not too many on numbers and some of them are well known on this forum. So, higher merit means he/she/it is a famous and popular person in the forum, but in the future it may be hard to distincts someone who gets 1000 merits since lower rank from someone who already had 1000 merits because of they are already high rank when merit introduced. Here is just some idea that comes in to my mind, what if we have a new medal/symbol/mark/coin like rank does, or just made the coin for the rank becomes a different color if someone achieve a merit milestones. It is just some idea, feel free to comment it anyway.

That's not a bad suggestion. It might be easier to do simply by adding another line under Merit called 'Earned Merit'. That will make it just as easy to distinguish a Legendary account that inherited 1000 merit and one that has been awarded it.

Spamming, so when the time is about to get activity (near 14 days) , they will just do 1 post and then then get 14 points.

Quite possibly but more often than not it is simply they don't understand the activity system and still try to spam their way up the ranks just by posting as quickly as they can.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

Come on guys; stop whining about systems and focus on working and learning. This is not a decentralized forum. Rulemakers set the rules. All we need to understand this as orientation training. Our learning process will accelerate and we will continue to improve ourselves. There are many newcomers joined the forum and thats why forums quality level has to increase. So just try to be adabt this, study, learn and prove yourself.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16627

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:58:59 PM

It might be easier to do simply by adding another line under Merit called 'Earned Merit'. That will make it just as easy to distinguish a Legendary account that inherited 1000 merit and one that has been awarded it.
That would mean "Merit" is only used for activity, and "Earned Merit" is the actual indicator of your post quality. In that case, wouldn't it be easier to slowly demerit the "free Merit" you started with?
I understand Bitcointalk can't just instantly throw everybody back to being a Newbie, but ultimately the Merit system is more useful if there are no "freeloaders" left.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

It might be easier to do simply by adding another line under Merit called 'Earned Merit'. That will make it just as easy to distinguish a Legendary account that inherited 1000 merit and one that has been awarded it.
That would mean "Merit" is only used for activity, and "Earned Merit" is the actual indicator of your post quality.

Merit would only be used for rank and Earned Merit is the actual indicator of your post quality since the system was introduced.

In that case, wouldn't it be easier to slowly demerit the "free Merit" you started with?
I understand Bitcointalk can't just instantly throw everybody back to being a Newbie, but ultimately the Merit system is more useful if there are no "freeloaders" left.

Interesting idea, although I wouldn't like to imagine the sheer volume of the screams coming from demoted members. I think theymos already said somewhere in this thread that he wouldn't consider any system that ended up with people losing rank.

ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:31:02 PM

I am still amazed to see the number of posts regarding merit and rankings.  I am not going to lie, I was upset right in the beginning as well because I was set to become a Member on the next activity cycle but now I have to still earn 5 more merit points to get there.  As with any change, there are going to be people for and against it...people are going to try and work the system and still get what they want.  I am definitely all for making this forum a better place and not having as many spam posts.  I am just thankful we all have a place to come and discuss issues with crypto and hopefully gain some knowledge from the folks that have been around for a while.  Thanks and Good Luck!
YuTü.Co.in

Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:11:40 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 04:22:49 PM by YuTü.Co.in

I am still amazed to see the number of posts regarding merit and rankings.  I am not going to lie, I was upset right in the beginning as well because I was set to become a Member on the next activity cycle but now I have to still earn 5 more merit points to get there.  As with any change, there are going to be people for and against it...people are going to try and work the system and still get what they want.  I am definitely all for making this forum a better place and not having as many spam posts.  I am just thankful we all have a place to come and discuss issues with crypto and hopefully gain some knowledge from the folks that have been around for a while.  Thanks and Good Luck!

I concur! This sM-cum-Merit thingy haz definitely stop this forum's 1.8M+ user base from spamming the threads, most likely because a new tab/window opens up if one desires to dole out sM to their brethren's heavy post, a new tab/window not deemed a security risk unlike all other links on this forum which only open in the same tab because otherwise they pose a security risk. Meanwhile, this forum has stopped legacy entities from accessing its API because that, too, poses a security risk, but that doesn't stop rogue entities from using the same API to blast PMs advertising their services for ... wait for it ... blasting PMs containing paid-for ads.

I have a great imagination but the above is beyond my prowess in conjuring up.

Let's make BitcoinTalk Great Again: bring back Matthew Neal Wright and Atlas.

anushkasachith888

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

I have made 800 posts so far being very active on this forum. at the beginning I asked so many questions from senior members of this forum. Actually When I came to this forum My crypto knowledge is zero. now I have a fair knowledge thanks to this forum. I didn't create a bitcointalk account just to participate in bounty campaign. meanwhile Some one informed about them and I just looked gathered information about them and decided to participate them. currently I am following one signature campaign. But once I started signature campaign the new merit system comes to the stage.  Now it is very hard to rank up. I have made so many posts. I don't think they are rubbish. but still I got only 1 merit, It will take years to rank up to member from Jr. member for me. So  I won't be able to do any Signature campaign which asks for rank status of member.  and I don't know when I can rank up to Member with this merit gaining rate. I think other new members who stay at Jr. member rank level facing the same problem. It is very very hard to get merits.  Cry

I didn't have any knowledge about Crypto world. So I opened many threads and responded for comments asking questions etc.. This all happened at the beginning. Now I don't have to make posts like that.
No matter how many posts you published earlier It takes 14 days to calculate activity amount. Now even though you enough activities still you need merit. So  chance is very less to up rank. I think this system has to be modified..

anushkasachith888

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:17:52 PM

That's not a bad suggestion. It might be easier to do simply by adding another line under Merit called 'Earned Merit'. That will make it just as easy to distinguish a Legendary account that inherited 1000 merit and one that has been awarded it.

Quite possibly but more often than not it is simply they don't understand the activity system and still try to spam their way up the ranks just by posting as quickly as they can.

If you can show me any post that I have published in spamming way...

anushkasachith888

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:23:12 PM

No itsn't like that, That's my way. I had no any knowledge about Crypto world. so I gathered information from people here asking questions. But I don't have to do that any longer. So posting pace stopped, I can see you people's posts amount is lower than mine. Check some of yours posts as well. I invite you to check my posts before come to a conclusion.

YuTü.Co.in

Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:26:23 PM

Okay, I'll start with this one, the second of a back-to-back-to-back posts in one thread. Actually, the giveaway was the ellipsis.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:18:13 PM

I wasn't actually accusing you individually of spamming I was explaining why so many Newbies overpost before they work out it isn't getting them anywhere.

As you asked apart from back to back posting as @YuTü.Co.in just pointed out you seem to be spend a lot of time posting in off-topic or shilling for CVProof (whatever that is).

totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:15:51 AM

I don't see people giving merit to each other meanwhile the people who are supposed to be slowed(bounty "hunters") by Merit are simply merit brigading each other.

Extremely unfair to people who was 1 week away to the next rank
nitrocryptonitro

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:28:06 AM

Hi,
I can't find sMerit on CoinMarketCap.

When do you think it will be listed ?  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: