Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:46:37 AM
Merited by Biomech (1)

we are only at the beginning we will see with time if this system will manage to raise the quality of posts and reduce spam

Yeah, sure. That's why legendary are sending each other merits, not sharing with anyone else.

In the meantime don't hold your breath. You won't be ranking up any time soon and neither will I.

Uhh... I think I should be offended.

My rank is legendary, and I've tried to distribute what sMerit I get to posts by newer members that strike me as interesting, constructive, or at least well thought out.

Mind you, the system is new and it's NOT habitual to me yet, but I have made the effort. And it appears to me that I am not alone in this.

Bitching by itself will not get you merit, that I can almost guarantee. Bitching with a point, or sharp wit, very well might Cheesy

Actually I could have been Legendary myself if only I had spammed a lot in these years - we all spam at a certain point, you can't explain in every post the sense of life. There are also "shitposts" like "hey I love that and I love this".

Into the Italian section of this forum there are people complaining about legendary sending merit, frankly I take it for granted, I'm starting to dislike the system and I won't investigate any further since I will just give up "giving my best".
Also I don't like ... licking boots with "hey this sssssMerit rocks".

I'm confused on one thing though. There is this "leitmotiv" going around that merit is going to kill spam.
I find this statement an open defying of logic.
Merit, as it has been show, is just a "like" system, à la facebook, with a substantial difference that accumulating points (that reminds me the points you get on the supermarket to buy a new set of pots or something like that) will make you, eventually, rank up.
In any way that won't prevent spammers from spamming - low ranks can still post, maybe not as fast as they want, but still they can post.
And that won't stop anyone else from posting what is called "shitposts", since there is no "de-merit" (oh crap, now I'm starting to give bad ideas to the administration...).

So, again, what's the point exactly for this ssssMerit system? (I have to make an avatar with Gollum saying "my sssssssMerit", too much fun...)
I'm not being rethorical here. I honestly don't get why the administration had the urge to add something more than just activity.
And activity alone is sufficient to speed down fake accounts.
It is claimed that new merit system is introduced to control spam, low quality, and irrelevant posting system.  Theoretically it is assumed that one person posting a question when gets satisfactory relevant reply may send merit points to the person replying to the question and also some other member can send merit points to the person who replies satisfactorily.   This is named as quality post but it is not so simple, the world is not so merciful  that only on getting or finding nice relevant  reply will give merit points to others.  I think most of the people here gathered to earn some money so selfish interest are the base of everybody’s entry to this forum.   Now what will happen most of the members will be requiring more merit points to improve further his ranking and will be trying to receive merit points.  He will be certainly watching someone else who could give merit points and  on the other hand same will be the position for the other member too so there may be trading between the two, both giving merit to each other’s posts.   Good barter system.
Now junior members like me what they can do under such circumstances.  May be some senior member approaches him to sell merit points for certain amount, so a new business opportunity for senior members having good storage of sMerits.   Jungle (forest) law will apply now only.  Big and stronger eating the weak and the small.  
It is said that quality posts will be rewarded.  But who will decide the parameters of quality of certain post.  Everybody will define the quality standards in his own interest and opinion and knowledge.  
I also fear that this system is started to benefit senior members of the bitcoin.   Because now more  and more people  are joining this  forum and with the old system of promotion many new members will be reaching to higher ranks as a result number of competitors in bounties / campaigns will be increasing thereby decreasing the  earning of seniors already there due to increased competition.  

It is also said that it is a move to stop persons to run various fake accounts which is also beyond understanding.  Law breakers invent more effective tools to break laws; I doubt the forum can be saved from the greed of such people.

Old senior members have been granted hundreds of merit points according to their rankings it is also beyond understanding.  A very senior man who is at this platform active for the last say 4-5 years is holding high rank and is granted say 1200 merits.  He is given just because of his seniority but can we say honestly that his posts were so much high quality and also high quality in large numbers that he deserves for 1200 merits?  No.  But just for his being senior he got it.   What is the fault of juniors than, just one fault joining late by 3-4-5 years.

Posts are subjective not objective.  One person may be liking the other may not be liking it.  Two people liking the same reply may not be giving same number of marks to the same reply.  One may be giving 85% while the other may be giving 65%.  So why such a difference in giving  marks to  the reply.  It depends upon the opinion, knowledge, and even mood of the person judging the quality of the post.  A man in good mood (other circumstances being the same) will definitely grant higher marks than the other who is in some difficulty or in sad mood.
I am not against the meriting but I suggest that there should be some objective method adopted for meriting the posts.  A decision taken in haste for the removal of bad elements from the society if harming honest; innocent people should be reconsidered.  A law should be implemented for the well being of the society but justice should be done with all.
If I claim that I tried my best to post the best of my knowledge to the various post there are many knowledgeable people here in the forum who may select one of my post and may prove me wrong, but sir I have to say that I just tried to do justice to my work.  
only God knows whether I will be promoted to the rank of member even; higher ranks have become just dream for me. Grin
Still laughing.  I am of the belief whatever happens ; happens for the good because I am God fearing man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:47:49 AM

Is this a bug ? This user has more than enough merits and activity to be a legendary member but his current rank is still hero member.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=558519

That user I linked above was just one of them I think there's more of them who have 1000 merits and 770+ activity who aren't legendary.
Required activity:

Legendary: random in the range 775-1030

This user has only 868 activity. He can become a Legendary in the next period or maybe only at the 1022 activity mark. He got 1000 merits by default because theymos thought it was not fair to only give 500 merits to Hero Members who were in the 775-1030 range and could become Legendary at any time.
It seems interesting Smiley Was it a one time action, (to give the 500 additional merits to those who has reached the 775 activity these days), or it will continue? If it was a one time thing, I would really miss that 1 activity period that made me miss this chance... But that's life Smiley
MKH
Copper Member

Activity: 231
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:49:44 AM

I've made over 20 posts since the merit update and have received exactly 0 merit from anyone. Go through my posts if you want, they are better than most peoples. Obviously here and there are some that didn't have much thought put into them. But most of them are HQ.
From your last 20 posts:

2 in this thread.
1 complaining about the merit system.
3 in the "Off-topic" board.
9 in your "Selling Lifetime Netflix" thread. (lifetime... rly?)
2 selling LOL rp cards.
1 trying to join a signature campaign.

And 2 in a "Bitcoin Discussion" mega-spam thread.

Do you really think those posts deserve any merit?

Can you clear to me that which sector or thread is suitable to discuss for counting as good post.
If I don't know about Bitcoin mining how can I say anyhing about this. I will participate in those discuss that I know somthing. You guys are senior in this forum, you know much about this forum but what about a new comer. How can he/she get it.?
And please I'm not asking for merit, I just want a suggestion from you.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:09:22 AM

Is this a bug ? This user has more than enough merits and activity to be a legendary member but his current rank is still hero member.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=558519

That user I linked above was just one of them I think there's more of them who have 1000 merits and 770+ activity who aren't legendary.
Required activity:

Legendary: random in the range 775-1030

This user has only 868 activity. He can become a Legendary in the next period or maybe only at the 1022 activity mark. He got 1000 merits by default because theymos thought it was not fair to only give 500 merits to Hero Members who were in the 775-1030 range and could become Legendary at any time.
It seems interesting Smiley Was it a one time action, (to give the 500 additional merits to those who has reached the 775 activity these days), or it will continue? If it was a one time thing, I would really miss that 1 activity period that made me miss this chance... But that's life Smiley

It was a one time thing to accommodate those who had already reached enough activity points to become legendary at the implementation time of the merit system. You were a couple of activity periods away from the 775 activity limit at the time.
fedorover

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

❐ Zeex ❐ NO FIAT, NO FEES.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:10:25 AM

Can you clear to me that which sector or thread is suitable to discuss for counting as good post.
If I don't know about Bitcoin mining how can I say anyhing about this. I will participate in those discuss that I know somthing. You guys are senior in this forum, you know much about this forum but what about a new comer. How can he/she get it.?

Check this page to know which posts and sections are getting good merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats. You are yourself admitting that you have less knowledge. Solution is to read as much as you can and then start writing here.

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:17:13 AM

For all of the people who whines here about merit system, please take a loot at my statistic thread that i have made about QuestionAuthority's merit activity since he is a top 1 merit giver now. You can find it at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
You can read it  and hope you guys can be more positive about this merit after that.
bobylevamo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

For all of the people who whines here about merit system, please take a loot at my statistic thread that i have made about QuestionAuthority's merit activity since he is a top 1 merit giver now. You can find it at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
You can read it  and hope you guys can be more positive about this merit after that.

I appreciate the effort you made there. I think there is no point in arguing with the complainers, they will ultimately get the point. I will not be surprised if most of them leave.
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:40:19 AM

Check this page to know which posts and sections are getting good merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats. You are yourself admitting that you have less knowledge. Solution is to read as much as you can and then start writing here.
If you are looking for a real quality post, just don't look at "Top-merited replies, all-time" as most of these are not really quality posts... (or at least not what I see as quality posts)

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

If you are looking for a real quality post, just don't look at "Top-merited replies, all-time" as most of these are not really quality posts... (or at least not what I see as quality posts)

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
Obviously, Merit System can be abused, well that is happening now. Abusers of the Merit System should be banned or at least get a negative trust from the DT Members. The Merit System is a good additional requirement for ranking up members on the forum , It can easily filter out spammers and can also be used on different bounty/campaigns as a reference for the post quality of that users. In Addition to advantages of the Merit System, it can also detect alts of one another ,specially on abusing the Merit System, It will be a great help on bitcointalk forum.
Anyway, If you are looking for the list of abusers, you can check this thread, you can also report some Merit System abusers you know that didn't get any negative trust Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0.
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:30:21 AM

What are your though about few weeks now ? Can't earn merit, very restrictive system Sad

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:40:06 AM

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
Obviously, Merit System can be abused, well that is happening now. Abusers of the Merit System should be banned or at least get a negative trust from the DT Members. The Merit System is a good additional requirement for ranking up members on the forum , It can easily filter out spammers and can also be used on different bounty/campaigns as a reference for the post quality of that users. In Addition to advantages of the Merit System, it can also detect alts of one another ,specially on abusing the Merit System, It will be a great help on bitcointalk forum.
Anyway, If you are looking for the list of abusers, you can check this thread, you can also report some Merit System abusers you know that didn't get any negative trust Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0.

Sir You are having so much merits because you entered the platform in May 2017 and got sufficient time for auto uplift of rank, others are not so lucky as you are. 
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 6971

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:42:48 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 08:53:58 AM by TryNinja

It was a one time.

You can start reading and maybe discussing (about Bitcoin, altcoins, etc). Just use the forum as a normal people who is not here for money would do. Understand that this place wasn't made for people to make money. This is just a bonus.

You shouldn't be here for a "job". Just don't do like the average spammer like my buddy Decimation and start spamming in the "Off-topic" section. I could go there and start posting "Yes, I love masturbating" in this kind of post: Do you masturbate?

But don't expect to receive merit for this kind of "quality post".

-snip-
Are you really quoting a post I made in 2015? 3 fuc*king years ago? Can't find a better example? Roll Eyes

And do you really believe I was in a signature campaign back in 2015? Smh.

Meanwhile you keep shitposting.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:25:04 AM

Do you want a free advice? Don't even bother. You'll never catch up, you'll end up loosing time for nothing or become a boot licker in exchange for some points from higher ranks and merit sources accounts. Don't trust high ranks who are saying it will work and it will be fine in the long run, they are just consolidating their positions by supporting this system that has frozen the ranks and cut out many new users from occupying the slots in the pool of elite ranks.

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:29:02 AM

What are your though about few weeks now ? Can't earn merit, very restrictive system Sad

I just went through your post history to find a post or two I could merit. Having done that, I think that you receiving no merit proves the upsides of the system. I found no post worthy of receiving merits, as your posts are short and often without substance.
imshon

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:57:30 AM

I would like to share the adverse effects of the benefits to the administrator.
As it is, new people do not increase.
I would like to propose to provide sufficient merit or disadvantage.
It is a big problem in Japanese language.
xBoxLive

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
Merited by YuTü.Co.in (1)

Fuck merit. Make mine -100. This is about the dumbest shit in order to rank up as paying to do so. Just a opinion. Like ASSHOLES, everyone has 1.
imjustagirl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

I'm not getting it about the merit system. Please someone elaborate? If I write a good quality post, help someone by answering, etc., then someone can chose to give me merit right? If nobody wants to give merit, even if my posts are quality posts, then I just don't get any...never? If my account has 0 merit, I can't give anyone merit as well, right? This is a bit confusing  Huh I understand that this system was invented to eliminate bots. However, if all members who give merit only chose to do so if they get paid, then the system is just not working? OMG, it means I will be a junior member forever? *cry*

1JPnqMd1Q43L3KbZ7SoTSdRCD2aLj2sikF Tip Me!
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:04:28 PM

I'm not getting it about the merit system. Please someone elaborate? If I write a good quality post, help someone by answering, etc., then someone can chose to give me merit right?
Correct

If nobody wants to give merit, even if my posts are quality posts, then I just don't get any...never?
Correct, but there are some Threads, where you can link your quality posts to get some attention....

If my account has 0 merit, I can't give anyone merit as well, right?
Correct

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
imjustagirl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

Oh, thank you. So which threads should I visit to get merit?
Is there a merit-begging thread?  Grin
I will write your nickname down and come back to give you merit when I have some  Smiley

1JPnqMd1Q43L3KbZ7SoTSdRCD2aLj2sikF Tip Me!
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: