Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166632 times)
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:48:11 AM

Changed from huge embedded image to archive link by nullius:

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.
I did not want to offend anyone, I want to show that you need to work hard to reach the top in any job! To whom to stop himself to decide

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

I was born in the USSR and I know what communism is and how it was necessary at that time to work to feed the children. And what kind of propaganda was both the USSR and the United States. I'm not for any political system, they are all one type, only the names are different. With ranks that merit simply added more work and all!

Based on the hint from the .ru image hosting link, I was just checking your post history to see if you looked like someone who may have living memories of the Soviet Union.

I do realize that when you grow up with pervasive propaganda, it becomes part of your cultural milieu.  The same is seen in Western Europe, the United States—everywhere.  People simply do not realize it.  When I see an American post some annoying American cultural thing, I take that person’s immersive inculcation into account.  Same as for you.

Please accept my apology for being hasty there (and I take back what I said about dying in a fire).  And please do realize, that graphic is classic Communist agitprop, a thing all too popular with Western kids who have no bloody idea what life under the Red Flag is/was really like.  In Bitcoinland, as you understand, the systematic denial of private property is bound to raise some ire.  My private keys, my money, my freedom!

As for US-USSR being distinct without difference—why yes, I think you’re right.  They’re evil twins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:50:57 AM

Changed from huge embedded image to archive link by nullius:

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.
I did not want to offend anyone, I want to show that you need to work hard to reach the top in any job! To whom to stop himself to decide

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

Archival of fxstrike’s post saying as so:

Such potty mouth expecting honesty from others Huh better luck asking that from your mom

Is that the best you can do for vulgarity, let alone insult?  Are you retarded?  I mean that as a literal question.  Even a bright ten-year-old can whip off a better insult than “your mom!”  Thus, your mental function must be below that level.

Only mentally unstable person think attacking others with "better insult" is fun

SevenSign

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:00:32 AM

I find these cases strange. Can you clarify theymos?

https://i.imgur.com/5myxjQx.png
Jr with 0 Merit instead of 30

https://i.imgur.com/BTVw8Up.png
Hero with 1000 Merit instead of 500

And is it possible for any existing user to lower their rank because of the introduction of merit? Someone complained about that

Hope so, we have the right to complaint to those dont have merit and so willing but not maybe qualified?!
Thanks for this post, at least my feelings become grèat, to have a supporter and see the some cases of this. More power and truly God bless us all.

1.I believe that jr member rank doesnt have merit and all the hero member who had activity number in the range of becoming legendary member will get 1000 merits, theymos stated that.

2. I believe there are many cases in meta complaining about that, their rank got lowered because some of their posts are deleted before the merit system introduced  and they stuck on the lower rank because they need merits now to rank up. Merits just act as a barrier for people to rank up, rank is still determined by activity points.
Its okey boss, i understand. Im just only a human have feelings to got hurt. But, thats part of life. The only i hsve to do is to accept the fact, if what if it is.
And thanks. God speed!
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:02:05 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

Calm down. This picture looking very funny. It's some kind of "Oxymoron" at my view.  Cheesy
Also, this picture represents very good attitude to the subject from different ranks (butthurting jr.members for example). Also, most newbies (mostly for those who came here for easy money) looks like on the picture (i think  Grin )

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:04:54 AM

Calm down. This picture looking very funny. It's some kind of "Oxymoron" at my view.  Cheesy
Also, this picture represents very good attitude to the subject from different ranks (butthurting jr.members for example). Also, most newbies (mostly for those who came here for easy money) looks like on the picture (i think  Grin )

If you finish reading the discussion between Lunarics and myself before you reply, you may have a cookie.  Not merit, though.  The merit you get for a good post.

SevenSign

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

I here for clarity created a pyramid of merits and ranks  Grin  What should we strive for and where to stay!

https://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2018/2/26/77e18aadd5fd494af2e63cfdbcf06a01-full.jpg
This photo truly great. Its represents all the ranks. So must all Jr. Members need to have a great potentials to have a great hardworks to aim the master piece of merit to be have. Great illustration!
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:20:35 AM

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

If you finish reading the discussion between Lunarics and myself before you reply, you may have a cookie.  Not merit, though.  The merit you get for a good post.

Like all this people here longing for your merit, keep it to yourself, make "I am the highest rank here I can insult everyone here" rank and put it to yourself, parade it all over bitcointalk

johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:38:30 AM

If you finish reading the discussion between Lunarics and myself before you reply, you may have a cookie.  Not merit, though.  The merit you get for a good post.

Lol  Grin
bruda, pls stop thinking that other the people writing something only for merit/money/other incentives. Do not compare others with yourself.

I saw funny picture. Then i saw your post full of butthurt without any reason for it. (with stupid conclusions like "you posted commie picture - you're the commie"). And i advised you to stop. Without any mercenary minds.

And i don't care about your discussion, because i replied only for specific post.

You're too much discussing with spammers and others i think. You know, if you live with a dogs, you become a dog soon.
I think you understand what i mean.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
espai afi

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:41:48 AM

Well this is a good implementation, even though it is difficult to earn merit I can still use this forum and get a lot of useful information.
CryptoHodon

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:05:40 AM

Bloody hell, I get the point, I really do. But it won't prevent from shitposting anyway, It will just be a pain in the ass for new users, who are just starting their journey in crypto world. They won't be able to post quality content, as they don't have any knowledge. Being a Jr Member all that time will be just demotivating for young fellows. It'll be way way harder to rank up now. Daamn, I mean it's just too subjective.
SevenSign

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:26:36 AM

Bloody hell, I get the point, I really do. But it won't prevent from shitposting anyway, It will just be a pain in the ass for new users, who are just starting their journey in crypto world. They won't be able to post quality content, as they don't have any knowledge. Being a Jr Member all that time will be just demotivating for young fellows. It'll be way way harder to rank up now. Daamn, I mean it's just too subjective.
Relax! You must be calm. Its just a part of bloody journey for us as a lower rank. Just be more greatful to fight the situations. Its normal for achieving goals to become a successful one. You need to straggle, to fight the tentacles of hardship, just  to aim to the top. After all, if you become a successful, the ILLUSTRATION SHOWS, what will happens. Just be at the bests as what you can do! Good luck!
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 11:30:59 AM

Lol  Grin
bruda, pls stop thinking that other people writing something only for merit/money/other incentives. Do not compare others with yourself.

The topical sarcasm of a quip about merit in the merit thread goes right over your head, I see.

I’m not your “bruda”.  As for your insinuation that I write for “merit/money/other incentives”, let’s see:

My post history is readily available.  It reflects that when I was a Newbie and the merit system did not exist, I posted the same way—insulted idiots the same way—did most everything the same way, but for occasional fumbling due to being a forum newbie.  If you suggest I’m writing for merit, go read one of my earliest posts as a Newbie:  My debut in Development & Technical Discussion, three days after I started actively posting.  People actually remembered some of my early posts, such that I got a total of +17 for old Newbie/Jr. posts during four days of complete inactivity from 25–29 January.  I think that speaks to the quality of my posting before the merit system existed.

That said, I do enjoy being shown appreciation, and knowing that people find my posts valuable.  The merits and moreover, the intentions of those who award them give me a smile for a job well done.  That’s really the positive purpose of the system.

As for money, my PGP key fingerprints are paying me handsomely for my signature.  The payola isn’t not as good as shilling for sarcasm; but the sarcasm sig ad campaign only accepts Sr. Member rank and higher.  I have already given an “I’ll think about it” to another plum offer for my signature.  But since I’m still thinking about it, and perhaps will be for a very long time, I really don’t see how that could motivate me to write posts.

As for “other incentives”—what?  Pursuit of a pretty girl?  Why yes, I write for that “incentive” sometimes—and I get what I want.

In sum—methinks you’re projecting yourself with your accusation of projecting.  It’s not the first time I’ve seen such things from you.

I saw funny picture. Then i saw your post full of butthurt without any reason for it. (with stupid conclusions like "you posted commie picture - you're the commie"). And i advised you to stop. Without any mercenary minds.

Let me spell this out for you:  If you post a Communist agitprop picture, then yes, you are Red scum.  Unless, that is, you are someone currently at least age 35–40+ who was born in the former Soviet Union or other formerly Communist-ruled places.  In that case, you may simply be riffing some familiar cultural thing you grew up with, without any political intentions.  Wherefore my apology to Lunarics, when he explained that this was indeed the case.  By available evidence, I misfired on that one.  You may have observed that I rarely apologize to anybody—only when I get something wrong, which is almost never.

If some drooling imbecile from the “Che T-shirt” faction of American college brats posted the same picture, then I would roast him to a cinder.  Commie.  A person’s subjective cultural context can be determinative, in some limited ways not to be over-expanded as academic sociologists tend to do.  (Commies.)

And i don't care about your discussion, because i replied only for specific post.

So...  You don’t care that I’d already recanted what I said to Lunarics, for reason of my recognizing that I’d mismeasured him.  In other words, you are searching for an excuse to flame me because you hate my guts.  ok, np

You're too much discussing with spammers and others i think. You know, if you live with a dogs, you become a dog soon.
I think you understand what i mean.

ok

^^^ Example of a post by someone who will be a Jr. Member for a very long time—perhaps forever.

No, the merit system didn’t stop you from “shitposting anyway” right here.

junrecana

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:52:28 AM

I think that merit system is quite difficult to others but for me merit sytem is quite challenging it make you more challege to post constructive and more high quality post. The harder you work to gain for merits the better to do your very best. That's why i will do my best to gain those merits so that i will rank up to member up to legendary. good luck to all like me who wants to rank up. godbless
SevenSign

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:56:06 AM

I think that merit system is quite difficult to others but for me merit sytem is quite challenging it make you more challege to post constructive and more high quality post. The harder you work to gain for merits the better to do your very best. That's why i will do my best to gain those merits so that i will rank up to member up to legendary. good luck to all like me who wants to rank up. godbless
GREAT! AIM HIGH!
Plof87

Activity: 203
Merit: 16

I can and I will :)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:46:35 PM

I am not complaining about it. Like I said, it is good for more quality posts instead of "nice project" or "I like it".. So only pointing out that it should get more known, so more people understand it, so we can move forward with this system and people can be more rewarded for their quality posts! Smiley

For the sake of fishing for merit points the 'I love this ICO' posts have now become 'I love the merit system' posts. Quite an improvement indeed.  Roll Eyes
For as far I know, this is a forum, used for example: Discussions.. So how can you see my post as phising for merit, where I only state out that it would be nice if the merit system would get more known (Also another post, which you did not quote).. In the end, we are almost all aiming for a higher rank on the forum. As I also never said 'I love the merit system'.  So I don't see the usage of your post as a reaction to me! Other then to up your own activity..
johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:52:49 PM

The topical sarcasm of a quip about merit in the merit thread goes right over your head, I see.

just because i came here to "merit" his post (he linked it in russian merit topic).
Also, if you will open your eyes, you will see that i already "hero member". Difference between "hero" and "legendary" in most signature campaigns is too low (but mostly there is no difference at all).
following to this i'm not interested in merit (yeah, i don't want to lie: i like when people "merits" me for my good actions or usefull posts. But i don't care about disputes in Meta section).

I’m not your “bruda”.

Np, bruda. (sorry, could not resist  Cheesy)

My post history is readily available. I think that speaks to the quality of my posting before the merit system existed.

I also merited you for some usefull topics and thoughts. But to be honest: most of your merits you've got in Meta section flaming with spammers and other noobs. (useless occupation).

In sum—methinks you’re projecting yourself with your accusation of projecting.  It’s not the first time I’ve seen such things from you.

Grin

Let me spell this out for you:  If you post a Communist agitprop picture, then yes, you are Red scum.  
No, you're wrong.
it's not a agitprop picture. For honest, it's very popular (for photoshoping) picture. For creating memes. For example 1 , 2, KITTONS!!!1 and also ponies
His picture just was another meme. Yeah, in your opinion it disgusting meme, cause it against merit. But it still meme.

If someone using propaganda poster for creating some funny picture it doesn't means that he belong to this ideology. Remember how much memes with Hitler we have  Cheesy

Unless, that is, you are someone currently at least age 45+ who was born in the former Soviet Union
Little correct

If some drooling imbecile from the “Che T-shirt” faction of American college brats posted the same picture, then I would roast him to a cinder

Why so? Che is mostly represent fight for freedom than communism. But it's obvious that if you're vietnam/nicaraguan/cuban guerrilla who fights against french for freedom you need some help. If USA and other western countries didn't want to help, then you turned your head to red empire.
So many people respected guerillas and i understand them very good. People loves such person like Che because they respected fight for freedom (i think that americans may understood me pretty well)

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
inbizin

Activity: 210
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:04:02 PM
Merited by johhnyUA (1), bitcoinsforall (1)

Katy Brown

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

It seems or appears to be creating a longer road for persons to be able to climb higher in rank.
cryptocommoner

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:37:15 PM

Sure wish I had that knife right about now haha
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:41:05 PM

You need to add another image at the end entitled Staff (no pun intended, albeit ...) so to come TOTALLY full-circle (ref.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE60zwXx1k) ...

<humor at Staff's et al. expense>

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: