Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166611 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:19:56 AM

This is so tough to get merits.. unless you are in CLAN.
I think It will be years for me to become next rank and a decade to become hero member status.. I remember Lufthansa's miles and more loyality program  status levels of  blue silver gold and senator levels..it's tough..but at least   one can earn points by  own money and efforts.but here it's someone's perception on your actions. One good part is that this merit system teach people how to beg😂😂😂😂😂for something.

Don't beg.

Join a clan, - the CCC.

Clue Clox Clan.

I'm sure they will like you in spite of your seeming pessimism.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:52:58 AM

I think It will be years for me to become next rank and a decade to become hero member status.. I remember Lufthansa's miles and more loyality program  status levels of  blue silver gold and senator levels..it's tough..but at least   one can earn points by  own money and efforts.but here it's someone's perception on your actions. One good part is that this merit system teach people how to beg😂😂😂😂😂for something.

Does we have a clan in this forum? is this place an online game now?

Yeah indeed, merit teach people how to beg. It is up to you on how you are going to beg, begging in a "classy way" or begging like a beggar. You know what i mean by "classy way" or if you dont know, what i mean by "classy way" is people making a great thread and great post hoping to get merit but they dont asking around for merit in their thread or post.

Choose one, classy or beggar.
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

Might it be an idea to give everyone who posts consistently a base rate of 5 merit per month or something similar? This way at least you can still earn a little bit of merit. Currently it is very hard to get merit, since it's all about other peoples opinion's of your posts. I do think it's good to reward good quality posting, but maybe some consistent stream of a little bit of merit will at least help to get a bit closer to the next goal every time, even though you still would have to make quality posts.

It is not a good idea to award merit points based on activity because all those merits can be manipulated. Members will use multiple accounts to gather those 5 merits points per month in all accounts and then use them to rank up one main account to higher level. This will defeat the purpose of merit system and we will have more spam here. I agree that it is hard to get merits and thus rank up. One practical solution I see to this is to increase merit sources to a good number. We should have 500 merit sources or above but only an admin can tell if we have so many honest and responsible members here.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:31:37 PM

This picture shows reality of Merit system.

Whilst the merit system probably seems to be a fantastic idea to those who have already accumulated a good amount of merit and want to see better quality posts on this forum, it makes it very hard for relative newcomers (such as myself) to gain even 10 merit points to reach member level.

If the forum was being moderated to such an extent whereby the majority of posts that were valuable were being given the appropriate amount of merit i would see the need for such a system.

I think newcomers should be given more of a chance to earn merit points.

I definitely agree with you. My posts are certainly not the best/longest posts on the forum, but it is nearly impossible to get Merit if you're not the OP of a great story.

Byzantium101

Activity: 249

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:49:25 PM

Might it be an idea to give everyone who posts consistently a base rate of 5 merit per month or something similar? This way at least you can still earn a little bit of merit. Currently it is very hard to get merit, since it's all about other peoples opinion's of your posts. I do think it's good to reward good quality posting, but maybe some consistent stream of a little bit of merit will at least help to get a bit closer to the next goal every time, even though you still would have to make quality posts.

I think that that would be similar to activity and that people who have many users will start giving merit to each other.

Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

Indeed we all must know whose name achievement or appreciation is full of risks and challenges. Same with Merit's achievement. Need an Extra thought in posting answers on the Forum. All of the existing rules about merit are all for the sake of seeing how important we are in giving good advice and feedback to all of us. Positive thinking is sure to be a success....👍👍👍👍👌👌👌
Nakaturi

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:20:15 PM

We all need to think positively however that merit system is very important to keep the forums to stay in good control and quality
D.Boyko

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:24:22 PM

This thread should be stickied imo.
A lot of people will ask what's merit or  how to get merits point.

1 question to theymos, how if someone/people buying/selling merit points to ranked up faster?
I hope a permaban for that person/people.
I don’t understand why should I do posts to get those merits if I am a kind of a user that does read posts which are intersting for me but I reply seldom.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

Yeah indeed, merit teach people how to beg. It is up to you on how you are going to beg, begging in a "classy way" or begging like a beggar. You know what i mean by "classy way" or if you dont know, what i mean by "classy way" is people making a great thread and great post hoping to get merit but they dont asking around for merit in their thread or post.

You are a rare bird with 239merits with 196 activity..🙏👋👋👋👋

So either you are a clan leader🙏or so blessed one in posting and I am sure you are second one type.

Incidently most of your merits came from  not with  coin related posting.. but from posts and comments about supporting new merit systems directly or indirectly..

You are a smart one to get things in your pocket😉

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:50:02 PM

I don’t understand why should I do posts to get those merits if I am a kind of a user that does read posts which are intersting for me but I reply seldom.
Try to back back read and you will see a lot of suggestions on how to create a post that is merit worthy. But my question to you is do you need merits? If you are just here to read, learn about Bitcoins, know whats new about crypto currencies and share your ideas about cryptos or trading, then you don't need it. You can continue to read and post even without getting merits. But, if you plan to rank up and joins campaigns then you need merits and you need to learn how to create a post that is merit worthy.

My rule of thumb, you don't post because you want to earn money from campaigns or earn merits. Post because you want to share your ideas and views so that other can learn. If you post because you just want to earn money from campaigns or earn merits, its more likely that you are creating  a shit post.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:48:54 PM

Try to back back read and you will see a lot of suggestions on how to create a post that is merit worthy. But my question to you is do you need merits? If you are just here to read, learn about Bitcoins, know whats new about crypto currencies and share your ideas about cryptos or trading, then you don't need it. You can continue to read and post even without getting merits. But, if you plan to rank up and joins campaigns then you need merits and you need to learn how to create a post that is merit worthy.

My rule of thumb, you don't post because you want to earn money from campaigns or earn merits. Post because you want to share your ideas and views so that other can learn. If you post because you just want to earn money from campaigns or earn merits, its more likely that you are creating  a shit post.

With due respect.. one should do  only what athanz88 knows support the Master's Movement.. no post required about Bitcoin nor altcoin lol.
But I  say it ok to be in inner circle or bless a slave

you are Godly

noblex

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:22:31 PM

Hello, maybe I didn't get it very well...
But if any member has just 1 merit point, how can all the members grow?
For example, in my case, I need 90 points to pass to next stage, but, in the event there are other 99 in my same situation, only one of us will be able (and only if everyone give the SMP to the same user) to grow.

maybe i misunderstood something..
Thanks Smiley

EDIT: ok i missed the part "you can spend half the points you receive".

In this way from 100 members will be originated approx 100 + 50 + 25 + 12 + 6 + 3 +1 ~ 200. This is still enaugh only for a couple of users... Still missing something?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:37:18 PM

Still missing something?

Did you read the OP?

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

According to this link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources

There are currently 57 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 14750 sMerit per 30 days
Jimmy Wales

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:43:55 PM

According to this link:

There are currently 57 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 14750 sMerit per 30 days

Who are they? If I assume, u r one of them, will you be known to yourself or the system will hide it from you as well?
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:02:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I think It will be years for me to become next rank and a decade to become hero member status.. I remember Lufthansa's miles and more loyality program  status levels of  blue silver gold and senator levels..it's tough..but at least   one can earn points by  own money and efforts.but here it's someone's perception on your actions. One good part is that this merit system teach people how to beg😂😂😂😂😂for something.

You are a rare bird with 239merits with 196 activity..🙏👋👋👋👋

So either you are a clan leader🙏or so blessed one in posting and I am sure you are second one type.

Incidently most of your merits came from  not with  coin related posting.. but from posts and comments about supporting new merit systems directly or indirectly..

You are a smart one to get things in your pocket😉

Well i must say, i am not a rare one, there are many users are way better than me, like waaaaaay better. You can see it in the merit stats even my name dont showed up there because there are other users who are getting more merits than me.

And why is that? I would say the majority get it because the quality posts, and secondly because they are famous, not a clan like you suggest, because sending merit back and forth can be accused as merit farming. This is some of my posts that i think is good enough to get merit, you can see it if you want and look how much effort did i give.

1. How do you feel about merit system??
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.msg28909933#msg28909933

2. Lets break QA merit activity
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338

3. Thread about giving english lesson to members on my local board, now we re in a telegram group to do english conversation daily
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3061774.msg31530669#msg31530669

4. I forgot the others.

Just do the hardwork and you will earn your merits.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:06:02 PM

According to this link:

Who are they? If I assume, u r one of them, will you be known to yourself or the system will hide it from you as well?

The list of merit source is not made public, I assume only theymos knows. Merit sources will recognize themselves as they have a slightly different merit page. It says something like this:

You are a merit source. The next xxx merit you spend will come from your source rather than your sMerit balance. Merit spent from your source will come back in 30 days. Unused source merit is wasted. It is not allowed for merit sources to sell their merit.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:47:11 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2023, 03:12:50 PM by dragonvslinux

This picture shows reality of Merit system.

Whilst the merit system probably seems to be a fantastic idea to those who have already accumulated a good amount of merit and want to see better quality posts on this forum, it makes it very hard for relative newcomers (such as myself) to gain even 10 merit points to reach member level.

If the forum was being moderated to such an extent whereby the majority of posts that were valuable were being given the appropriate amount of merit i would see the need for such a system.

I think newcomers should be given more of a chance to earn merit points.

I definitely agree with you. My posts are certainly not the best/longest posts on the forum, but it is nearly impossible to get Merit if you're not the OP of a great story.

I don't think this is completely accurate but it is funny  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BR0
Copper Member

Activity: 81

SIGS CREATION SERVICE - https://goo.gl/ChWJFn

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:49:41 PM

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Member6010

Does this mean I must to have 10 merits to be able to rank up to member rank?
I'm not sure I can get merit, because for me to get 1 merit it is very difficult.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:24:53 PM

Member6010

I'm not sure I can get merit, because for me to get 1 merit it is very difficult.

People who read just the first post and then reply shouldn't gain any merits...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BR0
Copper Member

Activity: 81

SIGS CREATION SERVICE - https://goo.gl/ChWJFn

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:28:07 PM

Member6010

People who read just the first post and then reply shouldn't gain any merits...

Yes I know. I just want to express what I feel. I apologize if there is a mistake on my post.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: