Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:31:26 PM

Of course, merit system can not reduce spammers to show their shits through their shitty threads. The reason is (as you said) they can still join signature campaign with Junior member rank, for most campaigns which accept the rank, payments for this rank is usually half of payments of Member rank. So, for shit-posters, they don't care about contribution to the forum, no need to rank up to Member rank; because they can earn the same amount of money by using 2 Junior Member accounts and delivering their shits.
Personally, launching stricter rules which prohibit Junior members join signature campaigns forever will the solution to eliminate entirely shit-posters, then wipe out spamming threads.
No need to quote many posts...
Disabling signatures could be done to shut down shitposting but it will have also a huge impact on the forums future.

They will be tagged then banned soon. Don't worry about them. If you find them, you can report them to moderators. Show your evidence up.
For the Merit, it could delay ranking for regular users but it will collapse farming accounts; they can cheat, trade merit but this will end soon once they run out of smerit.

Agree! They have their rights to do this! Nevertheless, they should use their sMerits better.
For satoshi he created Bitcoin and he "disappeared", he doesn't even own his account. I respect the opinion of people sending smerit for the founder account but for me it is a waste of it since it could benefit others to rank up...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:41:19 AM
Merited by athanz88 (1)

All those Hero Member and Legendary Member including @Theymos and DTs should be ashamed of themselves implementing this merit system. The poor guy founder who invent this technology has a very low merit than yours. Ask your self if you deserve the merit than this poor developer. Without him, you are all nothing. If this guy still here right now I doubt if he will approve this because Satoshi  is known for solving problems and believes in equality not adding another problem and promotes hierarchy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Satoshi would ashamed if people just making money easily by spamming or shitposting or making FUD or making scam ICO. This is a forum not bitcoin itself, the owner of this forum has the right to make it centralized, and one thing is for sure, just because you joined this forum, Satoshi or this forum doesnt have the obligation to give you money, why would you mad because a forum can not give you money anymore because you can not get merit.

Lastly, what equality did you mention? Do you think people getting more money with all of his/her alt account with shitposting and cheating the signature or bounty are fair to people who only use 1 account and never cheat signature or bounty and contribute to forum while getting lesser? Please what equality do you mean? Id rather have a people with experience and proper manner on this forum in a hierarchy power rather than a lot of "equal" people you did mean.
If that's the case then maybe @Theymos have to take out Sig Code for good if he wants to address the problem or find other way to address this mess. The question is can Theymos and his minions afford to take out Sig Code for a better and cleaner Forum? One more question can you afford to lose you Sig Campaign and find other source of income?  

I can afford to lose it, i treat this forum as a forum and not to make money on it, money is the only bonus for me. If people can make money with the right way then why not? Merit kicks in to make sure that high quality people can shine among the others who only do shitpost or even normal things. One thing for sure is, i never whine about merit and i embrace it, i think it is a great feature for the future of this forum. You should not question people who contribute even a little for the forum about making money, they earn the privilege to make money, it is a privilege for high quality and contributor people, not a right for everybody who join this forum.

My question for you is, do you deserved to earn money while you didnt do a thing or do it by cheating?

Well, come back later with your real account when you want to talk about eliminating all sig system in the forum, i bet you have a high rank account used for makimg money purposes.
If you can afford to lose it why not suggest it and say "@Theymos, maybe we have to take out the sigcode for good, anyway Sig Campaign for me is just a bonus, Im living in a third world country but I can manage my living". By the way your statement is also contradicting, you are here not to make money then suddenly your are talking the right way to make money. Make up your mind, the fish caught in the mouth.

In essence, you, karmicpanther, fail and refuse to recognize any kind of value in the merit system that has been created.  Furthermore, likely due to your failure and refusal to see value in this new merit system, you are starting from the wrong premise to expect that such new system is completely abandoned in order to implement a new system (which if you had your way seems to be that you merely want to return to the old system)...

In other words, you are coming off as both a self-absorbed nincompoop who tries to blame while deflecting issues, which causes you to  lack  credibility regarding anything that you are suggesting about this subject matter.
Cut the BULLSHIT, you agree because it is convenient for you because you are already a high Rank. You want to cut those shit poster, @Theymos take out the SIG for good. Let me guess you will not agree because it is not convenient for you anymore. DARE!?? Or you are afraid because your source of income will suddenly collapse. I dare @Theymos to take out SIG for 6 Months and your problem will be solve immediately. Let see if you will see more shit poster in this forum again.

You are the one full of bullshit and fairly apparent fantasy, karmicpanther. 

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Renegade1979

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:01:51 AM

If you want to have any chance of getting merit, then you need to learn how to clip quotes. Your contant repeating of long post structures, especially the annoying formatted ones, will cause people to skip over your posts, even if they can find them.
I usually clip quotes all the time and I've found me just 5 sendable merit after the system is introduced so that's exactly how it looks like, rigid caste system with nobody ever ranking up. Anyway that's great cuz we'd farm all the signature campaigns and noobs would suffer Tongue I notice all the new coin devs are newbies not even Jr. Member so even if they get merit they'd never be able to be like us the master race of The Ones Who Got Here First Cool
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:02:01 AM

~

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
~
Agree with your stance about that guy. However, I think it might be better if you use snip un-used, un-necessary contents in your thread to save more space and make your thread become more comfortable for readers. To be honest, I have to scroll my computer mouse down for a while due to your over-quoted thread. It actually hurts my fingers.
Best regards,

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:16:51 AM

If you want to have any chance of getting merit, then you need to learn how to clip quotes. Your contant repeating of long post structures, especially the annoying formatted ones, will cause people to skip over your posts, even if they can find them.
I usually clip quotes all the time and I've found me just 5 sendable merit after the system is introduced so that's exactly how it looks like, rigid caste system with nobody ever ranking up. Anyway that's great cuz we'd farm all the signature campaigns and noobs would suffer Tongue I notice all the new coin devs are newbies not even Jr. Member so even if they get merit they'd never be able to be like us the master race of The Ones Who Got Here First Cool

Do not worry, we are having requirements in signature campaigns regarding having earned merits for higher pay. It is matter of time when all members with only certain fixed number of merits earned will be allowed in these bounties. I strongly suggest the admin to take note of this behavior and introduce the requirement of earning some merits to maintain the current rank for all members irrespective of whether they got here first or last.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:19:35 AM

That most likely just alt account they use to post the bounty pages, they have to be very knowledgeable about cryptocurrency and also how this forum posting works to be able to run bounty campaign, there is so much of this forum intricacies you need to know ahead before running such campaign.

Renegade1979

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:23:56 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 02:54:44 AM by Renegade1979

Do not worry, we are having requirements in signature campaigns regarding having earned merits for higher pay. It is matter of time when all members with only certain fixed number of merits earned will be allowed in these bounties. I strongly suggest the admin to take note of this behavior and introduce the requirement of earning some merits to maintain the current rank for all members irrespective of whether they got here first or last.
I have a better idea that devs would be required to have at least Full Member rank to ever create the [ANN] thread so we have a lot less scammers sort of BANQ devs that promise airdrop twitter bounty last Friday and pay 9 days later after the exchange listing so the MN owners dump the price into nothing. And then my poor twitter is full of garbage of course and I get just 2 bucks for that all and my friends call me a retard for spamming them Cheesy
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:30:14 AM

Merit system should be modified because :

1) We will see a new system. Introducing changes will help to fight against members that got away with current loopholes. We should not allow members to get used to a particular system and they will eventually realize that it is not worth their time to spam.

2) I see very less number of junior members ranking up. This must be discouraging for the new members who had just joined after the merit system. We should increase merits in circulation.

I completely agree, there should be more merits in circulation. I follow some project threads and I rarely see someone giving
"+merit" I find them interesting posts but I don't have any spendable merit, I exhausted whatever I had.

Nonetheless spam has decreased a lot, previous activity system had big loop hole (post one bs post daily), at least this merit system is better than that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:30:44 AM

~

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
~
Agree with your stance about that guy. However, I think it might be better if you use snip un-used, un-necessary contents in your thread to save more space and make your thread become more comfortable for readers. To be honest, I have to scroll my computer mouse down for a while due to your over-quoted thread. It actually hurts my fingers.
Best regards,

Quoting is discretionary.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:26:53 AM

~

~
Best regards,

Quoting is di c tionary.

am i doing it right?

Koomsd

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:24:44 AM

admin why i cant send merit to any one
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:26:23 AM

You don't have sMerit yet

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:01:52 PM

Because your posts are not worthy of merit, and therefore it is unlikely that you could be trusted with the awarding of merit.

You need to escape from the crappy bounty prgrammes, and look at the real vista of the emerging crypto world.

You could also try reading some of the stickies at the tops of the boards. believe it or not, they actully contain useful information about the merit system;

You are another one that I've put on ignore for trying to take advantage of Bitcoin Talk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
galio_ico

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:42:54 PM

this merit thing or whatever manager think about to control the quality of posts, it just didnt work so well Sad((, just unfair for lately guys like me(like lost of people too) wanna up rank to promote some ICO to get the bounty.
I saw some one who reach high rank before "merit" got out and been merited (so they have sMerit), they're selling merit point to make money, and it's a lot, cause merit is a rare thing :')

Same, please point directly to those one selling merit. You can post their names here (with proof) or send a private message to moderators. Thanks.
I knew someone's selling merit cause of there's a person said that, and recommend me to another one to buy merit, and ofcourse I didn't buy.
it's nearly impossible to have a proof because that just happened between 2 people.

selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:01:24 PM

This is because you do not have one to give currently. You get 1 smerit for every two merits you receive. Once you get those two merits, you will see 1 smerit in your profile. Then you can give that smerit to another member. Go through all the responses in this official thread and all you doubts regarding the merit system will go away. All the best.
karmicpanther

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:46:23 PM

Cut the BULLSHIT, you agree because it is convenient for you because you are already a high Rank. You want to cut those shit poster, @Theymos take out the SIG for good. Let me guess you will not agree because it is not convenient for you anymore. DARE!?? Or you are afraid because your source of income will suddenly collapse. I dare @Theymos to take out SIG for 6 Months and your problem will be solve immediately. Let see if you will see more shit poster in this forum again.

No need to quote many posts...
Disabling signatures could be done to shut down shitposting but it will have also a huge impact on the forums future.
For the Merit, it could delay ranking for regular users but it will collapse farming accounts; they can cheat, trade merit but this will end soon once they run out of smerit.
For satoshi he created Bitcoin and he "disappeared", he doesn't even own his account. I respect the opinion of people sending smerit for the founder account but for me it is a waste of it since it could benefit others to rank up...
The huge impact on this forum is the elimination of the shit poster and the elimination of your income right? You see it is all about money, you like to have a system that is convenient for you high ranks.  The truth is you don't care about the system as long as it is in favor to you and as long as you have bigger slice of a pie in sig campaign. You see how greedy you are?You didn't realize that you are once a newbie. You even care about the merit that is given to Satoshi? You mean to say you deserve more merit than Satoshi? Shame on you! So what if the merit is wasted? Is it a big deal to you? After so many bitcoin that you receive in you wallet, you can't even give him a merit? If there is a waste of merit that is given it is the merit that given to you because you don't deserve it. Let me remind you that the guy  we are talking about is the guy  that change you life up to 360 degrees.
karmicpanther

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:22:10 PM

If you can afford to lose it why not suggest it and say "@Theymos, maybe we have to take out the sigcode for good, anyway Sig Campaign for me is just a bonus, Im living in a third world country but I can manage my living". By the way your statement is also contradicting, you are here not to make money then suddenly your are talking the right way to make money. Make up your mind, the fish caught in the mouth.

In essence, you, karmicpanther, fail and refuse to recognize any kind of value in the merit system that has been created.  Furthermore, likely due to your failure and refusal to see value in this new merit system, you are starting from the wrong premise to expect that such new system is completely abandoned in order to implement a new system (which if you had your way seems to be that you merely want to return to the old system)...

In other words, you are coming off as both a self-absorbed nincompoop who tries to blame while deflecting issues, which causes you to  lack  credibility regarding anything that you are suggesting about this subject matter.

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66202699/believes-mark-zuckerberg-will-share-his-money-if-he-posts-on-facebook-destined-to-live-in-grandmas-b.jpg
Is this a kind of quality posting you are taking about. Why not prove to us that I'm wrong and you are right. Is this  the kind of Legendary Rank that deserve a merit. If you are a newbie today I doubt if you can even reach a Sr. Member. You can't even defend yourself and prove to me that I'm wrong. You see, it is because of the money right?  More money in Sig Campaign more greedy people like you. Is it not enough that you have more  reward than the newbies and now you don't want the newbies to reach your rank? Or is it because If the newbies get the high rank your income will decrease?
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

This system couldn't be more UNFAIR.

1. The people who were supposed to be slowed by it simply merit each other, they already work in groups.

2. What is the incentive behind giving Merit to each other? To weaken your own stake in bounties? Congratulation.

3. The people who were ONE WEEK AWAY to next rank are now locked for months, this is ridiculous.

4. I scroll through pages and see that 99% of the people received 0-2 merit since it started, unbelievable.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:29:53 PM

I have a better idea that devs would be required to have at least Full Member rank to ever create the [ANN] thread so we have a lot less scammers ...

Well, having a high rank doesn't guarantee the owner will not try to scam you. Also, accounts are sold and bought, so in the end the rank might no be a (relevant) criterion to take into account when assessing if someone is trying to scam you.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:34:00 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

...Let me remind you that the guy  we are talking about is the guy  that change you life up to 360 degrees.

Well, that would put you right back where you started...

...oh, and while I don't think the merit system is working quite as intended (just yet), I also don't see why there is so damn much butthurt about it here in meta. You'd think that Theymos dun terk err jerbs!

Maybe in your case he did. Sucks to be you, then.

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: