Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

How hefty a power supply would I need if I went this route?

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

Why not send the kit, with the case and then I can use the case for whatever I want. Since it's a constraint in power supplies that are the issue.

I think the overall point should be since we paid for a full system there should be some sort of partial refund to cover the cost of the missing parts. This way we get that money to use it on said parts. This is just good customer service at this point. It can go a long way towards soothing the delays as well even if the MPP is not honored right off the bat. This is not a huge amount being asked for just enough to balance things out.

How about express shipping? The weight on this is about 30lbs, expressing that is costly.

You are correct on that but not that expensive. I checked it out and it is not cheap if its expressed overnight. But not on express saver (which is what i assume would be the case) Least in my case considering I am far closer so not quite as expensive unless you were sending it priority overnight. But in many other cases it would be very pricy. I actually took a look based on my order (2 systems).

However the option of getting that 6th card after all current orders are completed (even if not now) would be an acceptable compromise and I would consider the MPP met even if not with a full upgrade to the next unit. As you already alluded to it being a possibility I would be good with it. If there are modifications that need to be made with a 6th card, that can be simply documented and sent since those of us receiving the kit would be assuming that risk of reconfiguration. #1493 which I thank you for already having responded to.

But yea adding some small compensation (as pretty much every other delayed player has done) would go a long way to easing tensions for most.

PS gotta say its refreshing to see this thread actually taking a turn for productiveness and progress.

The modifications would be the new back plane ( a pcb board itself ) that we would send you. The current back plane allows for only 5 cards period, so even if we wanted to upgrade we couldn't in the moment anyway. So the 6th card would have to be sent with the new back plane.

Understood. like I said. I would be perfectly ok with a deferred upgrade coming later while the kit as is comes in. If its a PCB swap and adding the 6th card it seems like a simple enough process for most technically savvy people accepting this.  It seems like a very reasonable compensation and I think most (I imagine) would agree is an acceptable compromise and go a long way for restoring confidence. I imagine this later upgrade would be annotated to the account as well?

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

What about those who already paid extra for the express shipping?

How about instead of no case and psu we get 6 boards 2 cages and 2 pi's with SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm 2 back planes (since you are getting new ones in soon anyway), and the proper connecting cables. Then we have to get two small PSUs on our own anyway and we can run them as two rigs off of different sockets in the home?

+1 .. I like this even better.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

Why not send the kit, with the case and then I can use the case for whatever I want. Since it's a constraint in power supplies that are the issue.

I think the overall point should be since we paid for a full system there should be some sort of partial refund to cover the cost of the missing parts. This way we get that money to use it on said parts. This is just good customer service at this point. It can go a long way towards soothing the delays as well even if the MPP is not honored right off the bat. This is not a huge amount being asked for just enough to balance things out.

How about express shipping? The weight on this is about 30lbs, expressing that is costly.

How about instead of no case and psu we get 6 boards 2 cages and 2 pi's 2 back planes (since you are getting new ones in soon anyway), and the proper connecting cables. Then we have to get two small PSUs on our own anyway and we can run them as two rigs off of different sockets in the home?

No. It supersedes the cost of the $200 supply and $100 case. We're looking for a 300 dollar difference here guys. Bulk psu's come in at $200 a piece. Bulk cases at $100.

The value of the additional suggestion you just made would be:

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's
$130 probable shipping cost on express saver.

$1121  .vs  $300

And didn't you also file a complaint us as well?  We don't like clients that do that, or give them preference in anyway.

What was you're complaint number?

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:28:53 PM

We've gotten a good amount of guys that would be ok with receiving just the kit.

The kit would include the following:

5 modules in the cage that is posted below.
The main board, back plane and gpio cable which connects the two.
Raspberry PI and SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm.
Network Cat 5 cable.

Accepting the above just gets your order out faster. It does not include order upgrades or power supplies (as we're short on PSU's anyway).

[/url]

Clients which opt for this setup ship within 2-3 days (or sooner).

We see clients are taking it out of the case anyway so we figure maybe its best to ship like that and ship faster.

Let us know via sales@advancedminers.com

Will customers that OPT for a DIY setup get any money back (case/psu) that aren't supplied with the order?

Can you ship everything (including case/psu) and let us assemble the miners ourselves?

We don't have the PSU's in stock, We are currently on the phones with all the distributors in frickin chino trying find more. We were due to get a large shipment of supplied in Wednesday, we just found out that's not gonna happen for another two weeks.

Refunds or partial refund will not be given for the loss of the case or psu.

Express shipping will be used for shipping the case, so if the original order opted for domestic ground, there is a 100 dollar added value there.

If we do free upgrades of the 6th module ( we will make a decision on that next week when the new backplane comes in on Thursday or Friday, and we have had time to reprogram the re-address of each module (it will take time) we may give priority to those who accepted the kit now.

But also please keep in mine, no single PSU could power 6 boards anyway, despite the wattage of the supply. This has to do directly with the power displacement within the rails of the psu. PSU's sold in the US max out at 175watts per cable. Therefore its almost impossible to get 250watts per cable off more than 4 cables in a PSU.

Wait... you are going to ship without a power supply and not deliver the power supply when you finally have one?

Deliver to me (Order #961) the system with 6 boards WITHOUT the power supply and we have a deal.

No you filed a claim. We don't like customers that file claims, especially me because I have to do deal with them.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:30:18 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

Although your previous idea was clever. It would allow clients to purchase a more affordable psu, and also give them 6 empty slots to look at it. I'll see if I can formulate that into a paid upgrade package of some sort for the DIY clients.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:31:30 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

It would be cheaper to send the kit and then buy the case online and ship it to you from a third party. This is possible.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

We'll figure this out and get back to all of you. For now anyone that would like the kit send a mail to

sales@advancedminers.com  or  atrusten@advancedminers.com 

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:36:41 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:37:36 PM by regtable69

We've gotten a good amount of guys that would be ok with receiving just the kit.

The kit would include the following:

5 modules in the cage that is posted below.
The main board, back plane and gpio cable which connects the two.
Raspberry PI and SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm.
Network Cat 5 cable.

Accepting the above just gets your order out faster. It does not include order upgrades or power supplies (as we're short on PSU's anyway).

[/url]

Clients which opt for this setup ship within 2-3 days (or sooner).

We see clients are taking it out of the case anyway so we figure maybe its best to ship like that and ship faster.

Let us know via sales@advancedminers.com

what is the nominal power of the 5 boards?? as iv purchased a 520ghs miner and would expect it to be as little as that or due to lack of psu possibly a little more hash i had sent you an email with regards to this from reggy619@........ a couple of days ago now possibly saturday evening. i would be happy to take this option due to being in the uk and needing a 240v psu anyways. so if you could see it to message me back at some point with some specs and maybe / maybe not an offer lol.

order #1428
 mr mellor and mr reg!

EDIT
i am believing from other pics the 5x boards are from the 1.2 ths machine!?! if so send me this shizzle before i change my mind and go get a mc court order from ronnald lmao

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

How about instead of no case and psu we get 6 boards 2 cages and 2 pi's 2 back planes (since you are getting new ones in soon anyway), and the proper connecting cables. Then we have to get two small PSUs on our own anyway and we can run them as two rigs off of different sockets in the home?

No. It supersedes the cost of the $200 supply and $100 case. We're looking for a 300 dollar difference here guys. Bulk psu's come in at $200 a piece. Bulk cases at $100.

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

And didn't you also file a complaint us as well?  We don't like clients that do that, or give them preference in anyway.

Holy crap, you are punishing customers who file complaints?? Anyone who has filed a complaint with various agencies, send them a copy of this post. How fucking petty can you be AMT.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

Don't have it yet, filed Friday. Besides you don't get to play the you filed a complaint game as you are the ones who are in the wrong and it was with in our full rights to do so. Had you made this sort of offer before you might have found that less complaints would have been filed. 

But more to the point Any and all offers you make to those who have not filed complaints ( and my guess is that is very few here) are valid to all of your customers. Ok so now that we've got numbers 200 for psu + 100 for case + 160 that I already paid for express shipping = $460

So what I would like, and lets forget the extra board.
$28 - Cage- one extra
$28 - Backplane- one extra
$4 - GPIO cable x how many I would need (really not sure of the set up so I'll assume 1 per board  so x5
$12 SDcard one extra
1 extra pi I think it's like 35 if I were to buy it not sure about you though.

That bill comes to $123 and lets me run it as two units which I would prefer as it opens up more room to spread the boards out.

Plus $130 for express shipping. but I already paid 1$60

so $123 for extra parts, that is under the cost of the case and PSU so  $177 extra you get to keep, plus $30 since I overpaid for shipping. So $207 for you.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
regtable69

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:51:59 PM

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

Don't have it yet, filed Friday. Besides you don't get to play the you filed a complaint game as you are the ones who are in the wrong and it was with in our full rights to do so. Had you made this sort of offer before you might have found that less complaints would have been filed. 

But more to the point Any and all offers you make to those who have not filed complaints ( and my guess is that is very few here) are valid to all of your customers. Ok so now that we've got numbers 200 for psu + 100 for case + 160 that I already paid for express shipping = $460

$28 - Cage- one extra
$4 - GPIO cable x how many I would need (really not sure of the set up so I'll assume 1 per board  so x5
$12 SDcard one extra

That bill comes to $123 and lets me run it as two units which I would prefer as it opens up more room to spread the boards out.

so $123 for extra parts, that is under the cost of the case and PSU so  $177 extra you get to keep, plus $30 since I overpaid for shipping. So $207 for you.

just for my own note what was your order number?? im curious as to where you relate in the que to me. thanks

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
rik_khaos

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

Essentially I'd just like to run it as two rigs split the power for the cheaper PSUs.

We know the pi can handle five boards but can it do so from two backplanes either chained or with a usb hub feeding it the info so it just read as one set up?

becuse if that is the case I'd only need the one pi and sd card.

So essentially I'd just need a second cage and backplane and wires.

rik_khaos

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:57:41 PM

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

$28 - Cage- one extra
$12 SDcard one extra

just for my own note what was your order number?? im curious as to where you relate in the que to me. thanks

I'm #1432

regtable69

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:59:52 PM

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

$28 - Cage- one extra
$4 - GPIO cable x how many I would need (really not sure of the set up so I'll assume 1 per board  so x5
$12 SDcard one extra

so $123 for extra parts, that is under the cost of the case and PSU so  $177 extra you get to keep, plus $30 since I overpaid for shipping. So $207 for you.

I'm #1432
so you ordered just on the last day of january/ start of february just after me?? i was guarunteed march delivery i.e 29th ish of march your and my miners are approx 2 days late..... correct me if im wrong. but after checking some details i believe that was my shipping date and i was order 1428.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:03:23 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:19:33 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

AMT and others, regarding PSU's from China: If they are NOT for computers (multiple voltages out along with high-current +12v), BEWARE. We do NOT want a repeat of BFL's problems with flaming PSU's! If possible verify the mfg dates of them and more importantly what they are (were) for. If they are only high-current +12vdc out they were made for LED lighting, again BEWARE.

About 3 years ago China started a 5-year plan to replace all civic lighting with LED's from building wash floods to the single streetlight in remote villages. They gave mfg for the PSU's & luminaire's (light housings) to whatever local mfgr that was closest and provided no guidance or oversight to what they made. As a result - many many areas had over 50% failures within 1-year of installation. They halted the plan to find the cause: Primarily crappy PSU's built with no regard to temperatures or lifetime. As in cheap filter caps often sitting right next to very warm/hot switching transistors & chokes. Combined with high ambient temps and little to no ventilation, within 2-4k hours, ka-blam.  Problems identified and solved they are now back on track with miniscule # of failures.

However - those crappy +12vdc high-current PSU's are now flooding the markets. You didn't think the mfgr's would just destroy them did ya? Nope. Were sold as-is to unscrupulous resellers.

My suggestion would be to search ebay or Amazon for HP or Dell server power supplies.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:05:04 PM

We'll figure this out and get back to all of you. For now anyone that would like the kit send a mail to

sales@advancedminers.com  or  atrusten@advancedminers.com 

Thanks I appreciate the fast reply I got via email. Hopefully this keeps up. I think most of us understand you are doing your best now to get them out the door and somehow manage costs for yourselves but also giving us something to compensate. Hopeful that it will work out to our mutual satisfaction.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:06:29 PM

We don't have the PSU's in stock, We are currently on the phones with all the distributors in frickin chino trying find more. We were due to get a large shipment of supplied in Wednesday, we just found out that's not gonna happen for another two weeks.

Refunds or partial refund will not be given for the loss of the case or psu.

Express shipping will be used for shipping the case, so if the original order opted for domestic ground, there is a 100 dollar added value there.

If we do free upgrades of the 6th module ( we will make a decision on that next week when the new backplane comes in on Thursday or Friday, and we have had time to reprogram the re-address of each module (it will take time) we may give priority to those who accepted the kit now.

But also please keep in mine, no single PSU could power 6 boards anyway, despite the wattage of the supply. This has to do directly with the power displacement within the rails of the psu. PSU's sold in the US max out at 175watts per cable. Therefore its almost impossible to get 250watts per cable off more than 4 cables in a PSU.
That's incorrect. The PCI Express specification places an artificial limit of 75W per 6 pin cable and 150W per 8 pin cable, but no modern power supply has such limits. It also has nothing to do with US vs international power supplies. I have no idea where you get such information.

If you're selling kits that aren't in those cases anyway, just offer to dropship two power supplies.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438018
There should be no problem running three boards per supply, they're great PSUs, and it will cost you less to ship two per customer than one 1500W MAXREVO running balls out anyway. Plus they'd be more efficient so the effective efficiency of your product will go up, which can't hurt sales.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Someone moderated a few really really tame posts out of this thread, I don't get that. With all the jackassery here, why even try. I hope they don't delete some of the gems, that would be sad.

Given the circumstances, I honestly believe the mods did an exceptional job deleting what they hope were irrelevant postings, considering the ones I penned that were deleted. If I'm not mistaken, at least one of the Newbies had all his posts canned, thus any of ours that we commented on said posts were also trashed.
rik_khaos

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:12:48 PM

$640 - Asics
$180 - Hashboard
$32 - Heatsink
$28 - Cage
$42 - Main
$28 - Backplane
$4 - GPIO cable
$12 SDcard
$25-40  labor hr's

$1121  .vs  $300

$28 - Cage- one extra
$4 - GPIO cable x how many I would need (really not sure of the set up so I'll assume 1 per board  so x5
$12 SDcard one extra

so $123 for extra parts, that is under the cost of the case and PSU so  $177 extra you get to keep, plus $30 since I overpaid for shipping. So $207 for you.

I'm #1432
so you ordered just on the last day of january/ start of february just after me?? i was guarunteed march delivery i.e 29th ish of march your and my miners are approx 2 days late..... correct me if im wrong. but after checking some details i believe that was my shipping date and i was order 1428.

Thats correct, though I have an e-mail from jim saying it would ship the week of the 24th. I ordered january 21st. My issues stemmed from not having a refund honored when requested before my product shipped. Which is an FTC rule. But now they are making some offers that if adjusted just slightly I'd be more than willing to take and fully and formally withdraw my complaint.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:14:08 PM

Don't know about that modular supply from newegg but be careful with Modular supplies - make sure that they have multiple pcie connectors on the supply itself for the cables. The Corsair CM650 I have on 2 of my Ants has a single pcie power cable that splits at the 1st 6-pin connector to feed a 2nd connector. As a result - only one set of wires about 1ft long is carrying the load for BOTH 6-pin connectors. That run before the split gets rather warm....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: