Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:21:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:37:35 PM

Ah, duly noted...

Will download the client and set up a proper address once I get home from the office. Was not aware of the issue on devda Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:10:57 AM

Thanks.

It's not a regular exchange as we know, instead, it's a anonymous exchange gateway. that is, one do not need to set up any account or password, he just provide an address (devcoin's or ripple's), sending or receiving DVCs or IOUs. We won't deal any of these password things Smiley

All the password, or security concerns ripple's account security, besides my gateway server security.

I retitled the award, Exchange Gateway:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bounty_23.csv

it's still four shares, and doesn't take away from the stand alone exchange bounty.

I suggest a second place award of two shares for the next person to make an exchange gateway, any objections?

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:30:30 AM

Thanks.

It's not a regular exchange as we know, instead, it's a anonymous exchange gateway. that is, one do not need to set up any account or password, he just provide an address (devcoin's or ripple's), sending or receiving DVCs or IOUs. We won't deal any of these password things Smiley

All the password, or security concerns ripple's account security, besides my gateway server security.

it's still four shares, and doesn't take away from the stand alone exchange bounty.

I suggest a second place award of two shares for the next person to make an exchange gateway, any objections?

I agree, this seems a good solution, concerning a ripple gateway is very different from traditional standalone exchange.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

DVC will soon be traded on MCXnow.com  Grin
coming soon

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:30:53 AM

I have a question for the pros on here.

once a person receives their coins on their laptop at home let's say (BTW, has everyone or any received their coins from round 23 yet, I'm asking cause I have not but my laptop wasn't plugged in all day constantly, and also, how many shares and coins do you get for that last number in the last column in your row?  Say you had a number of 10 in that farthest right column in the row with your name, what share and what amount of actual devcoin are you looking at getting, and how do you know all of your submitted work was included since I turned one big one at 5:55pm which was very late and could have easily missed the deadline) is there any way to transfer your wallet to something like a flash card or a USB stick for safekeeping?  I'm worried about hackers.  I had every coin I bought, which weren't many as I'm not currently employed, sitting in vircurex when it got hacked a few days ago and since they're in Poland and probably with very shallow pockets I doubt you can sue them and recoup anything.  So I'd rather store my coins on a cold drive, preferably a cold USB drive.  Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One final thing, since I'm not currently employed and I believe in this thing so much and my first choice was Namecoin (after bitcoin blew up and was too late) but my second favorite was and still is devcoin, and now [devcoin] is my number 1 choice since namecoin has already made millionaires out of any early comer.  In my opinion it's only a matter of time, a ticking timebomb before the rest of the digital coins blow up - there will simply not be enough supply to go around for the demand that will be created overnight.

That said, some of you developers, artists, writers, etc may use the devcoin coins you earn as regular income and dump them as soon as you get them but I plan to sell not a single coin.  I firmly and wholeheartedly believe in this thing and it should go much much higher once America really knows what's going on (For an explanation and my theory read my article on devtome titled:  The Coming Cyrpto [currency] Revolution), this should get much bigger and much sooner than anyone expects, even myself and I'm a real optimist about this entire new market and industry so collect and hold on to all the coins you get, don't sell any of them if you can get by any other way. 

That said, can any long timers or admnisitrators here tell me what's the best path to becoming an admin, since I do have spare time right now, and then what the required time is expected to be to focus on questions, issues, etc on a daily basis.  I really want to be a part of this and like the janitors early on at MSFT who insisted they be paid in shares instead of cash I too would have no problem getting my paychecks in Devcoins.  thanks again every one.

Good luck to everyone!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:39:13 AM

one final question (again).

In the distribution matrix toward the end columns there's a proportion number.  mine was .07343338, I made up the last few decimal places cause they don't really matter.  Point is I had only .07 while others had much higher proportion numbers.  what is this for and how does one raise their proportion numbers?  I work really hard writing this stuff and now trying to do some designing which sometimes keeps me up entire nights, and I wanna make sure I everything possible to increase my odds to do the best I can.

Once again thanks for the knowledge, brohims.  take care.

regards,

Paul

justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:40:59 AM

Love the idea of Devcoin, the Feathercoin community wishes you continued success.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:11:44 AM

one final question (again).

In the distribution matrix toward the end columns there's a proportion number.  mine was .07343338, I made up the last few decimal places cause they don't really matter.  Point is I had only .07 while others had much higher proportion numbers.  what is this for and how does one raise their proportion numbers?  I work really hard writing this stuff and now trying to do some designing which sometimes keeps me up entire nights, and I wanna make sure I everything possible to increase my odds to do the best I can.

Once again thanks for the knowledge, brohims.  take care.

regards,

Paul
Not a pro but I'll try answering with what I understand. Round 23 disbursements will start around block 92000 (maybe 92150 I guess as final marker for round 23 was 89150 rather than 89000) i.e. 3k blocks after the cut off point, around 6th June at current rate. This means that currently (block 89344) it is round 22 earnings that are being distributed with every new block, not round 23.

If you had a '10' as the last number in the devtome script that refers to a  word count of ~10k (I don't know about rounding), so you should be able to check on whether work was submitted in time by comparing that number (and the specific 'weighted word count' number) with how many words you think you've done).

The 0.734.... number you refer to. AFAIK this refers to the proportion of the total you will receive. (in your case = 180m x 0.734, although that doesn;t equate with '10' so assume at least one is a hypothetical). I'm with you in not fully understanding the issue of 'shares', such as for new writing, marketing i.e. how to calculate ahead of time what the receiver_23 file will apportion per share. It would be an approximation but I think it amounts to calculating how many distribution lines there are, and simply dividing the 180m total by that number, but I don't know what csv file gives that info. If that's the case I also guess it is possible to approximate a share with reference to the devtome earnings and historical proportions between writing earnings and other (such as development/admin etc) but the rounds vary so it would only be an approximation.

On your general points, I quite agree it's a great concept although I wouldn't expect huge windfalls. In fact that's the appeal of devcoin to me, sustainability rather than a binary prayer. I'm sure someone will be along to clarify things on shares etc.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

Thanks.

I like this idea and fully support it!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:52:01 PM

coming soon

Hey this is great news - good to see more exchanges supporting the ONLY crypto on unique mission to support all kinds of goodness in the world Grin
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:23:45 PM

What about bter are they goying to adopt it or still thinking about it?

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:38:59 PM

I'm not in the list Unthinkingbit posted earlier whereas I wrote 1095 words.
I should be in it, or am I misunderstanding something?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:46:36 PM

coming soon

ViCurEx.com is trading dvc right now, I'm certain as I already purchased some, and I'm logged in as we speak looking to add some more devcoins and maybe IXcoins.  Any and all, please advise as to which are your top 3 favorite coins to buy and why.  Mine are Devcoin Devcoin, Litecoin, and IXcoin - in that order.  The explanation to the why would probably take a few pages so I'll perhaps write an article about it, but the similarities between stocks and these digital currencies are greater than the similarities they share with other fiat currencies, like the dollar which is very strange and unique and when it comes to investments and completely new markets which is what we have here, that is a very, very unique and great quality.

At any rate...

And to verify my devcoin wallet works I transferred 100 dvc into my home laptop devcoin wallet and I'm seeing 100 but also '3/unconfirmed", now it says "15 confirmations +100 so I think it worked but why are there 15 confirmations and how do I get any and all my coins off this laptop an onto a cold drive or a USB drive?  I only did 1 simple transfer of 100 coins which also cost me 100 coins as a fee (from Vircurex), lol.  I guess cash-wise that's dirt cheap and instant compared to banks.

Also, has anybody here received their round 23 devcoins?  I haven't so I'm trying to see if I've got everything set up right, which is why I tested it out with my vircurex coins.  What's amazing man this stuff is instant, better than anything banks can do.  Add that to one more reason this thing is gonna start a crypto revolution.  When I transfer money to buy coins it takes 3 days.  It's as if these banks have to do pony delivery.  Of course everyone knows they're sitting on your money and when it comes to hundreds of billions sitting in bonds and other fixed income instruments that 3 days is free money for the banksters, a lot of free money.

But seriously try vircurex.  I know they were down twice now since I've come onboard, 30-45 days, but they're supposed to be the best and they are fast and courteous.

One more exchange you should consider is Coinbase as they just got a $5 Million cash backing from a top VC.  I opened an account with them and man, it was so simple and streamlined and they give you a free app  with creates a new login credential every 20 seconds.  Vircurex offers something similar but you have to buy the yobekey which I just did, so now I have to set it up and not lose it.  Ha.

Additionally, regarding Coinbase, as of a few days ago when I signed up they only traded Bitcoin and those are too expensive for me but with the $5 mil they just got I expect them to become the top tier, number 1 currency exchange in the next 6 months.  Another nice thing Coinbase offers is you can link your banking account with them so you can then transfer cash via their ECH offer instead of going through AurumXchange and buying a voucher but first having to pay $60 in wiring fees to wire them the money for the voucher and then transfer the voucher to Vircurex, etc.  By the time that's all done you're out $60 just for the wiring fees ($50 for the banksters and $10 for Vircurex) and you lose nearly a week and the way these digital coins can move that 1 week can cost you a massive amount in potential profits.  My personal theory is:  open up various accounts with the top 2 or 3 exchanges and spread out the risk between all of them - dilute the potential risk from hackers or sheer incompetence.  

Hope this helps anyone looking at signing up with an exchange.  I've been active in the stock market 20 years and I gotta say, there's quite a learning curve at this poing with digital currencies.  I predict someone will come along and streamline the entire process, especially the mining part, and make millions in the process.   That's cause I'm considered in the higher end of computer literacy where I've worked in the past and in my family and the last 30 days have been incredibily difficult.  The good thing about that is competition will be limited for a while longer so mine, buy and earn all the various coins you can while the getting is good cause once this entire new market is first, discovered by the mass market, you can expect an influx of humans en masse, as they all make a run for their chance at getting money for nothing ("and chicks for free").  I personally expect this inflection point to happen in the next 12 months and quite possibly as early as in the next 6 months.  Butterfly Labs, if it's the real deal will be the first mover in creating this revolution I wrote about in my first article.  Congrats and good luck to all you visionaries who have found or, like myself, accidentally stumbled on the most amazing thing since the dot com era only this market, the digital coin market, will move and mature much more quickly than anything before it.  There at too many powerful entities which have much to gain from digital money while doing away with the old, archaic and personalized paper money which in their minds is too cumbersome, inneficient (paying a nickel to make a penny, 12 cents to make a 5 cent nickel, billions in transportation costs, etc) and let's face it, allots we the citizens with much too much freedom to pay anyone we choose "under the table", stash our cash under our mattresses (do people still do that? ha!), paying our overdue taxes when we're able to or feel like it, etc.  The government is an animal which will always seek total domination and it appears the separation of powers is losing its effectiveness via directive orders and the too powerful subjective conclusion which can be made by the very few men and women in the US supreme court.

Finally, don't go selling your devcoins cause their value is so low.   Like stocks and other fiat currencies one must look at other attributes and characteristics of devcoin.  Keeping in mind the Euro is not backed by anyone and no central bank (the the dollar is backed by gold and the Fed) one has to wonder why the euro is worth more than the dollar.  It's all about perception - people buy where they believe there is or will be value.  And the biggest this devcoin has going for it is that it has the widest ownership base.  That not only lends it credibility but also stability.  The only reason devcoin is probably the if not one of the cheapest digital coins out there right now is the perception that so much regular dilution will eventually drive the value to zero.  Although I would agree that this type of dilution cannot go on forever -   I also recognize that the current float or coins outstanding is not extraordinary when compared to many successful stocks and other fiat currencies.  Off the top of my head I don't know how many devcoins exist, in total, today but I would venture a guess of approximately 4 maybe 5 billion.  That is a lot compared to 21 total (in 2140) for Bitoin or 84 total for Litecoin, etc., but please look at Microsoft who has over 8 billion shares and yet it's trading at $33 per share.  Or the US dollar which off the top of my head I'd venture a guess that there are currently over $30 trillion floating around and who knows how many more trillions have gone out the back door, unless you think the Fed and congress tell us every move they make and when they make it.  On top of being so widely held, devcoin is the only coin I know of that is trying to behave like a stock, trying to earn revenues which then will share with its share/coin holders.  This is truly unique and I think once more people are aware of this as well as digital currencies in general there will definitely be a mad rush to mine and buy every digital coin there is because most coins out there have a very limited number of coins available it wouldn't take a lot of incremental awareness to create enough demand for alternative digital coins which will result in all boats rising, all coins going much much higher than anyone here imagines.  I remember buying some cheap worthless dot com stocks when I was just out of high school and I made a 10 fold on them, but didn't have the experience to sell in time, but I still made a lot of money (relatively, for a kid making $6 per hour) but since I had never seen anything like that before, to be able to make money on nearly any dot com stock you bought regardless of that asset's real value or credibility, simply because the entire world and all the rich mutual and hedge funds were chasing the only few hundred dot com stocks there was now too much demand and too few internet stocks to buy which cause a massive bubble.  To put things in perspective, right now there are less digitial coins by at least a factor of 1,000 which means if even a handful of the population, 5-10% or a handful of hedge funds wanted to speculate in digital currencies, a digital currency bubble would inflate incredibly fast and it will go much higher than the true, real potential of each currency.

That said, the time to buy and to hold any and all currencies you have is now - it may be risky but from an Economist's point of view with a lot of personal stock market experience I absolutely see digital coins as a new market that will change investing and change many aspects of how we conduct business in general.  Everybody here should consider yourselves extremely fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time - but timing and chance do not make decisions for you, it is up to each individual to make their own investment choices and for that I recommend doing your own Due Diligence and don't be led by fear, put fear and greed aside and then make an objective decision regarding these gold nuggets lying in a river stream with 99% of the people around you being oblivious to the fact.

Ok, I got a little carried away, that was supposed to be a 3 sentence response to help with finding a good exchange based on my personal experience and DD.  This is how excited I am about Devcoin and digital currencies in general - I can't stop talking about them to everyone I meet and 99% of the people I meet are 100% clueless.  The above points are important to anyone looking to invest in digital coins and there's more to it but I felt I was overdoing it for what belongs on a thread so perhaps I'll just write an article on the current exchanges and most of all what, why and how can these unknown digital currencies go mainstream and make many more millionaires overnight, just like it already happened with Bitcoin, as most [population] now are still sleeping, calling the Bitcoin phenomena a mere fluke or a scam.

Thank God for learning curves (and masses with small minds who have lost most if not all their imagination and thus cannot believe or imagine something to be true until you provide exorbitant proof and it's that kind of certainty, in investments, which ends up costing you lots of money because you waiting much too long to get in) - it's buying everyone here a few extra months while regular people who can't or don't have the time to figure out how all this works give up and await the soon to come streamlined and easy way to mine and buy any digital coin of your liking.  And that brings one other important factor to mind regarding Devcoin.  Devcoin needs a unique and beautiful coin since people do fall in love with their eyes, men especially, and that would go a long way when new entrants try to decide which coin to buy.  I'm personally working on designing a new devcoin but I can't draw at all so it's been very difficult but so far I have 2 coins about 50% completed (If I knew photoshop the remainder would be the easy part) and I advise anyone with any artistic talent to try and create something totally new, not just another bitcoin copy cat as there is nothing truly unique about Bitcoin's coin anyway.  Remember, it's digital, there's no concerns about practicality or supply and logistics.  

Finally, can a few guys on here chime in on whether or not you have received your dCoins (my favorite way of calling Devcoins) distribution from round 23, because I have not and I'm not certain my wallet is setup properly even though I did follow the instructions?   Thanks in advance.

I hate to do this because it makes me feel like a panhandler but hey, finding a good job has been much harder than I ever expected so in a sense maybe I'm not far from becoming the guy with the sign:  "Will Work for Coins".  But seriously, to keep in-sync with what most here seem to be doing, here are my wallets, I have a few others but they're at vircurex so I'm reluctant to give those out.  AT any rate, here are my two donation wallets.  Man, it just feels crappy even thinking that, but regardless here they are:

"Shameless TIP Jar" for devcoins: 12KvDbW9nUdymE9tUyjMjC5UdqmBipanQH

"Shameless TIP Jar" for Litecoins: (Yes, you must already be a millionaire to mine Litecoins as a $1700 dual GPU computer proved futile): LRLVkWEvLToRnh4qKc6vJYjFTH1sbff913

Thank you! to all the guys on here who have helped me so much over the last couple weeks but especially over the last 3 days - Unthinkingbit was especially and incredibly helpful and patient with my barrage of newbie questions, always replying with a lightning quick response - the kind of customer service you can only dream of in the real world.  

Good luck to everyone on here and let's hope that even half of my optimism and predictions come true as that would mean we are all about to embark on a truly once in a lifetime opportunity.

Best wishes and regards,

Vlad

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:50:18 PM

I'm not in the list Unthinkingbit posted earlier whereas I wrote 1095 words.
I should be in it, or am I misunderstanding something?

I'm new here but I think I read somewhere it had to be 1,000 "weighted" words or quality words.  I don't think they Python program counts words like to, at, the, etc.  Just my 2 cents as I'm not really sure.  I wrote well over 1,000 words just to make sure and because once I start talking about anything digital coins I can't stop.  3 nights ago I started writing at around 9 PM thinking I was gonna write a couple hours and go to bed but at 7am I was just getting started on my conclusion.  lol.  My wife ain't too happy about it casue she thinks this is like some kind of video game where I'll never get paid anything so I can't wait to see those devcoins hit my account to show her It's not all for nothing.

But do check with unthinkingbit, he's got the best response time I've seen.   Good luck.

shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:24:21 PM

yo vlad post this in devtome and you'll be rich Wink

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:38:31 PM

I get the work count from https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_23.csv which states weighted word count too
But yeah you should be right, thanks for pointing that out

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
weisoq

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:57:51 PM

I get the work count from https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_23.csv which states weighted word count too
Looks like your 1095 were counted as a share in round 22: https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_22.csv

Have you given unthinkingbit a dvc address as that round is being paid now. There seems to have been a problem with devda wallets, if you have one take a look at some messages earlier today/yesterday about getting around it.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:12:19 PM

Looks like your 1095 were counted as a share in round 22: https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_22.csv

Have you given unthinkingbit a dvc address as that round is being paid now. There seems to have been a problem with devda wallets, if you have one take a look at some messages earlier today/yesterday about getting around it.
Actually it's not about the payment, which is ok, it's a wallet address
It's about the file that Unthinkingbit posted earlier: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg2129211#msg2129211. I'm not there and I wondered why

weisoq

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:56:22 PM

Actually it's not about the payment, which is ok, it's a wallet address
It's about the file that Unthinkingbit posted earlier: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg2129211#msg2129211. I'm not there and I wondered why
because that file refers to round 23 word earnings and your word count was in round 22 (which is why in the original round 23 file you posted...
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_23.csv
...you have one share as 'Previous Cumulative Payout' rather than 'Payout'
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 11:23:16 PM

The address is from devda. Is that a problem?

Then, ask Icoin to send you a wallet.dat file for your address:
1G2SGLjNvrhZPZfEeqnmFtK16mddroKArw

and then either import the key from there into your devcoin installation, or go into another workspace, install another instance of devcoin and copy the wallet there, so that you can access your round 22 coins.

I installed a devcoin wallet a few days ago using the links from devtome and at the top of my wallet window is the Bitcoin logo not a devcoin logo.  I was told this is ok since it's the old "client".  So I have 2 questions.

1) when I install the new client, the new devcoin wallet will I lose any of the devcoins in my current wallet?

2) Nobody sent me any wallet.dat file for my address after I installed devcoin, is this something I still need to do?  To test out my devcoin wallet I sent 100 devcoins from vircurex to my PC wallet at home and it worked so I would think that means i'm good to go and don't need anything else except maybe to install the new updated devcoin wallet. 

But I will not do that until I get my coins from round 23 as I'm worried I may be messing things up just as the coins are trying to transfer and then they'll forever disappear into some unkown cyber universe. 

Can anybody clarify any of this?  Do I still need the wallet.dat file?  For example, a friend who has the latest wallet can encrypt his wallet while my older version doesn't have that option which I would like to have.  And can I lose my coins in this older wallet when I download and install the newer wallet?  If so I may just transfer all my devcoins to vircurex until I get my PC up to date and then re-transfer them back. Thanks for any advice.

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: