Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEAD] DeepBit.net PPS+Prop,instant payouts, we pay for INVALID BLOCKS too  (Read 1601094 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:36:05 AM

My account still says unconfirmed email, and have not received an email in the spam folder or otherwise.  How long should I wait to get that before I seek help for it?  Did a search on this forum and didn't come up with anything.
Currently e-mail confirmation is needed only to change your bitcoin address for the second time or recover your password.
E-mail is not sent just because of registration yet Smiley

Also, using D:\Programs\BitCoin Miner\phoenix.exe -u http://*@*.*:*@deepbit.net:8332/ -k poclbm DEVICE=0 AGGRESSION=3 as my command line.  I have an Nvidia 550gtx Ti graphics card, so what aggression setting would you use if you were me?  Seems like my speed isn't as fast as some people have here, but I realize that it's only a $200 card and people here probably have ones that are much more expensive.  Smiley
The problem is that you are using Nvidia's card instead of ATI. Nvidia cards don't have hardware support for bitwise shifts and thus are inferior for hashing.

Ah, I see.  I just got this Nvidia card because I heard that Rift ran better on these.  I went from an Ati Radeon 4650 to an Nvidia 550 gtx ti.  How much of a gain do you think that I would get from using a Radeon card?  Right now it seems like I am getting an average of 35.50 MH/s with you.  I think that it's still within the 30 days and I could return it for something else.

Edit: Crap, I think someone has thrown away the box to the card I just bought.  I do have another system that I'm not running now, so I could use my old card or buy another one in that system.  I could find some way to use the internet on both of my computers (I'll have to probably figure that out myself) and set them up separately.  Could probably just hook one of my monitors up to it long enough to get it going then unplug it and put it back on this one, since I have two monitors.

*Cough* A $150 5770 pulls 200mhash/sec

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjasmurf

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 05:47:48 AM

good evening. how does a AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card rate? have a sweet day.
superstargoddess

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 06:54:49 AM

My account still says unconfirmed email, and have not received an email in the spam folder or otherwise.  How long should I wait to get that before I seek help for it?  Did a search on this forum and didn't come up with anything.
Currently e-mail confirmation is needed only to change your bitcoin address for the second time or recover your password.

Also, using D:\Programs\BitCoin Miner\phoenix.exe -u http://*@*.*:*@deepbit.net:8332/ -k poclbm DEVICE=0 AGGRESSION=3 as my command line.  I have an Nvidia 550gtx Ti graphics card, so what aggression setting would you use if you were me?  Seems like my speed isn't as fast as some people have here, but I realize that it's only a $200 card and people here probably have ones that are much more expensive.  Smiley
The problem is that you are using Nvidia's card instead of ATI. Nvidia cards don't have hardware support for bitwise shifts and thus are inferior for hashing.

Ah, I see.  I just got this Nvidia card because I heard that Rift ran better on these.  I went from an Ati Radeon 4650 to an Nvidia 550 gtx ti.  How much of a gain do you think that I would get from using a Radeon card?  Right now it seems like I am getting an average of 35.50 MH/s with you.  I think that it's still within the 30 days and I could return it for something else.

Edit: Crap, I think someone has thrown away the box to the card I just bought.  I do have another system that I'm not running now, so I could use my old card or buy another one in that system.  I could find some way to use the internet on both of my computers (I'll have to probably figure that out myself) and set them up separately.  Could probably just hook one of my monitors up to it long enough to get it going then unplug it and put it back on this one, since I have two monitors.

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably get that or something a little better from Radeon when I get some more money.  Smiley  I think that I like my 550 gtx ti for gaming on Rift, so I'll get that other one for my other system.

Looks more simple than I thought to hook the internet up to a second computer, I only need a specific cable, then I can run them both off of the same internet and have the second computer totally dedicated to BitCoin stuff.
oVPN

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 08:26:32 AM

Pool rate: 1343 Gh/s

where do i find whole network speed? is deepbit way tooo large?

oVPN.to Anonymous Services
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 08:54:34 AM

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Top right.  Might be a better place though.
kazrar

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:05:57 AM

Edit: Crap, I think someone has thrown away the box to the card I just bought.  I do have another system that I'm not running now, so I could use my old card or buy another one in that system.  I could find some way to use the internet on both of my computers (I'll have to probably figure that out myself) and set them up separately.  Could probably just hook one of my monitors up to it long enough to get it going then unplug it and put it back on this one, since I have two monitors.

*Mega-Cough* A $109 5830 pulls 250mhash/sec

edit: by far the best budget card for mining at the moment, price/performance ratio can't be matched. It does however require 2 6-pin connectors whereas the 5770 requires only 1, if I'm not mistaken.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 09:18:07 AM

New to Bitcoin as of today.  Initially went with another mining pool for an hour or so but decided to switch to Deepbit to try it out instead.

Using Phoenix miner, and it was easy to set up thanks to the people here and the Deepbit site.  Looking forward to gaining from this neat application.  I believe that I will mostly use it to pay for an online game I play (Rift) and for perhaps website hosting or any of the list of things that I've found through the BitCoin site.

Can't believe that a hardcore geek such as myself didn't hear about this until today!  Found it through surfing around on old posts at Lifehacker.

Edit: Going to try this GUI BitCoin application that I just found.  Looks a lot nicer than doing things through the command line.

Diablominer is currently the fastest on Nvidia from what I've heard. Try -w 64, and try -f 240 or -f 360 to keep the desktop interactive (although it may slow hashing down).

zapakh

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 09:49:33 AM

Whole network speed can be calculated from the current value of Difficulty.  Here is that plus some other information:

http://www.bitcoinwatch.com/
superstargoddess

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:11:29 AM

New to Bitcoin as of today.  Initially went with another mining pool for an hour or so but decided to switch to Deepbit to try it out instead.

Using Phoenix miner, and it was easy to set up thanks to the people here and the Deepbit site.  Looking forward to gaining from this neat application.  I believe that I will mostly use it to pay for an online game I play (Rift) and for perhaps website hosting or any of the list of things that I've found through the BitCoin site.

Can't believe that a hardcore geek such as myself didn't hear about this until today!  Found it through surfing around on old posts at Lifehacker.

Edit: Going to try this GUI BitCoin application that I just found.  Looks a lot nicer than doing things through the command line.

Diablominer is currently the fastest on Nvidia from what I've heard. Try -w 64, and try -f 240 or -f 360 to keep the desktop interactive (although it may slow hashing down).

Thank you for the advice.  I'll see you in the other thread about the issues that I am having with it! Smiley
redicarus

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:14:17 AM

What's up with the hashrate distribution?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2userdg.png
commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:17:08 AM

What's up with the hashrate distribution?
Deepbit was down a few minutes when you posted, the hashrate is going back up now Smiley
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:27:47 AM

Deepbit is not large now. Its less than 40% of total network.
http://www.bitcoinwatch.com/
thedrs

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 12:53:41 PM

Is there any chance deepbit will have a port 80/443 service in addition to 8332 ?

This is really needed in cases of NATs/institution firewalls ...
Other pools have it too, i wonder if deep is planning to have one (pretty simple to configure a forwarding on the web server from 80 to 8332)

Sorry for posting if this has been discussed already (i searched but you can't search a topic only the whole forum)
melter

Activity: 84

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:01:59 PM

I have 2 5850s mining, is it better to crossfire them or just use them as two separate workers?

Also something I dont understand: If I have two separate workers running at the same time, won't they basically be competing against each other and trying to solve the same problem at the same time instead of working together to solve one problem faster?

Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:16:50 PM

I have 2 5850s mining, is it better to crossfire them or just use them as two separate workers?

Also something I dont understand: If I have two separate workers running at the same time, won't they basically be competing against each other and trying to solve the same problem at the same time instead of working together to solve one problem faster?

No, the pool will be giving them different shares to work on [well, most likely anyway, I think the same shares can be given out if there are more workers available for work than there is work in a block].

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:21:18 PM

No, the pool will be giving them different shares to work on [well, most likely anyway, I think the same shares can be given out if there are more workers available for work than there is work in a block].

We don't have 4 billion miners yet Cheesy

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
melter

Activity: 84

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:23:34 PM

what would happen if I was solo mining?

Veldy

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:26:13 PM

what would happen if I was solo mining?

You should set up a master that hands out shares to your workers.  That avoids duplication.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Veldy

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:27:25 PM

Uhm ... even if a unit of work is one byte [which it most surely is not that small], that would make a block about 4GB.  I am not sure where you got that number from.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:28:04 PM

Uhm ... even if a unit of work is one byte [which it most surely is not that small], that would make a block about 4GB.  I am not sure where you got that number from.

extra_nonce.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: