Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 [6453] 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:22:44 PM

I took a quick peek in the 12.2 release notes (WIP) and i noticed these two :

* ff30aed68 : Align with btc 0.12 (#1409)
* DIP0001 (2 MB block size hardfork)

Icey is not gonna like that !! but then again Icey does not seem to like much these days  Wink

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:42:59 PM

I took a quick peek in the 12.2 release notes (WIP) and i noticed these two :

* ff30aed68 : Align with btc 0.12 (#1409)
* DIP0001 (2 MB block size hardfork)

Icey is not gonna like that !! but then again Icey does not seem to like much these days  Wink

"Align with btc 0.12?"  ROFLMAO that's three versions behind Bitcoin's latest release (0.15).  Do you know how many 0-day attack vectors have been fixed and features improved since then?  It's pathetic Dash still struggles to get 2mb blocks long after Bcash launched/failed and Bitcoin upgraded to >1mb segwit blocks.

Nice hack job on the 100kb tx size limit (lol Dash stole that shitty idea from Gavin's abandoned XT project).  Way to bake a technical-debt laden kludge into your cake just to avoid implementing a real quadratic hashing fix like Bitcoin did with segwit and Schnorr sigs.

[...]
Bitcoin is undergoing rapid evolution and Dash isn't keeping up, as it lacks nifty modern features like SEGWIT, etc.
[...]

Small update as you seem to be missing the latest info: SEGWIT is scheduled for Dash 12.2+

That was over a year ago.  Where is the 12.2 testnet with SEGWIT?

Is it still vaporware, like the InstantSend fix and Evolution?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:57:46 PM

Poor Icey....so concerned about our on going development.  Sad!

...we do love you passion for oversight.  What you don't know is some of us have a bit of a "inside" on whats coming down the pipe....and bro, your not going to be happy.  And that is why the core and everyone else is keeping tight lipped.  By the time you find out the scope of what is being worked on...you'll be happy you hung on to your bags of DASH. Because we know you have them.  Wink  So good try in trying to spread FUD and attempts at trying to influence the price(pitiful as it may be).

We are on to you Icey.  If I were you...I'd be less worried about the future of DASH and more worried about helping your neighbours in NAPA fight some fires.  That would be far more Noble pursuit.

PS...how is that proven broken privacy going for ya in Trollero?  Cool
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:05:07 PM

Why the fuck would Dash want Segwit?  Dash is implementing on-chain scaling, in line with Satoshi's original vision.  With on-chain scaling there's no need for some crappy half-assed fudge like Segwit.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:18:07 PM

What you don't know is some of us have a bit of a "inside" on whats coming down the pipe....

It is despicable and reprehensible for the centralized EVAN DUFFIELD DBA THE DASH FOUNDATION INC. entity to develop in secret a consensus-critical fintech project funded by its bag-holding investors.

It's even worse for a select few of those investors (like yourself) to received privileged "inside" information from the centralized DashCore entity.

I crushed/pressed/racked/bottled my first vintage BTW.  Knocked it out of the park with a Summer Muscat.  First wine I've ever had that really plays well with my spicy Thai/Chinese/Indian/TexMex cooking!  Cool

Why the fuck would Dash want Segwit?  Dash is implementing on-chain scaling, in line with Satoshi's original vision.  With on-chain scaling there's no need for some crappy half-assed fudge like Segwit.

You'd have to ask dihydrogenmonoxide about that to be certain.  He's the one who said

you seem to be missing the latest info: SEGWIT is scheduled for Dash 12.2+

Are you going to hold him accountable, or just go back to gratefully swallowing without question anything and everything Team Duffield sees fit to drop into your mouth?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:27:10 PM

Splawik’s Super Shares Trusted Masternode Shares Review

One of the major masternode share providers, Splawik’s Super Shares has a solid reputation in the community. It’s a flexible masternode shares service allowing those with fewer than 1,000 Dash to still retain recurring rewards for helping secure the network, and offers the best rates on returns in the business.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/splawiks-super-shares-trusted-masternode-shares-review/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:41:42 PM

Is it still vaporware, like the InstantSend fix and Evolution?

LOL, it took around 3 years for your coins dev team to release a simple official GUI wallet and here you are commenting on the slightly delayed release of revolutionary blockchain tech, that's rich.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:57:27 PM

SEGWIT is scheduled for Dash 12.2+

***1.25 YEARS LATER***

Is it still vaporware, like the InstantSend fix and Evolution? Huh

LOL, it took around 3 years for your coins dev team to release a simple official GUI wallet and here you are commenting on the slightly delayed release of revolutionary blockchain tech, that's rich.

Your deflection via change of topic to accusation of hypocrisy indicates the answer to my question is 'Yes, segwit-on-Dash (promised >1 year ago) is still vaporware just like the InsantSend fix and Evolution.'

Dash's blockchain is far from "revolutionary."  It's based on an old, dangerously outdated version of Bitcoin (0.12 instead of the modern 0.15).  There is no RBF/segwit/Schnorr and Dash is still stuck on 1mb blocks long after Bcash and Bitcoin upgraded to >1mb.

Copying what Bcash already did is not "revolutionary."  ROFLOL tell me more about this "revolutionary blockchain tech" that still requires tx size to be limited to 100kb, lest a Masternode be crushed by unresolved technical debt in the form of quadratic hashing times.  Grin Grin Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:08:08 PM

blah blah

Icey....we love playing in the sand box with you...but please.  Behave.  Your dev is the most useless sack of shit out there you know it.  The fact that you are wanting people to believe that Trollero having a couple of half baked programmers will match what DASH is working over the next year with $2 million/month in resources and numerous full time programmers makes us all firmly believe your a large DASH whale holder.   No one...and I mean no one can be that stupid.  And I have a suspicion that your an intelligent individual. 

Cool
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:33:57 PM

The fact that you are wanting people to believe that Trollero having a couple of half baked programmers will match what DASH is working over the next year with $2 million/month in resources and numerous full time programmers makes us all firmly believe your a large DASH whale holder.   No one...and I mean no one can be that stupid. 

How great Dash supposedly is going to be 5 years from now will become a permanent vaporware pipe dream if you keep failing to handle the NOW situations. You can't keep delaying because it's not perfect. Yet. Still. Again.

There's always something. You can't let every little thing be an excuse to refactor the whole plan. Again. I know re-doing it later can be a pain, but this isn't the tiny project it was 3 years ago. And no doubt, there were good ideas and good reasons.

But, it still leaves you with the problem that your CURRENT product is a fucking disaster.

Sometimes you simply have to follow through with a plan, any plan, even if you know there's a better way; simply to do something, anything at all.

When it was future-looking and making progress, that was forgivable.

But, now... It's even more future-looking, and the main feature is currently disabled... Mixing change issue has a PLAN to be fixed, but it was never implemented. DASH has basically become litecoin with two kinds of mining, and the "leaders" think that the problem is not that their heads are in the clouds, but that they need to get even higher...

It's like watching democrats slap each other on the back: "The problem is not that we're unforgivably retarded and evil, the problem is that we're still not retarded and evil enough!"

You've got to deal with reality, not talk about how great its going to be someday in the distant future.

A day which will never come if you don't deal with reality right now.

Frankly, Ryan's speeches make me roll my eyes. And, it's not because I dislike him, or think he's a dick, or holding a grudge for how he backstabbed Solar and myself the same way he's doing it to yet another project in of the same sort. It's because I've learned to call BS on heady, bloviating, "our vaporware is the best vaporware" crap ages ago. It might impress those with no experience, but it's a red flag to anyone who's been around the block a few times. If you've run any business for more than 15 minutes, you've heard this crap before and it's a warning sign if ever there was one.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:37:47 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 09:36:41 PM by qwizzie

Whenever i read something of Icey, i got reminded of this quote of T.S. Eliot :

Let's not be narrow, nasty, and negative.
- T. S. Eliot

I wonder why  Roll Eyes

Anyways, to get back on topic (the Dash topic i mean) :

Looks like an uptick is going on in number of active masternodes. Not yet a new ATH but its heading the right direction.

Edit : looks like an uptick in price is going on as well.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:53:39 AM

Dash is one of my favorite coins because the price rocketed and did not drop like some other coins, happy because I bought early this year the price was about 0.012 btc and now the price is 0.062 btc, thanks dev.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:21:36 PM

Poor Icey....so concerned about our on going development.  Sad!

...we do love you passion for oversight.  What you don't know is some of us have a bit of a "inside" on whats coming down the pipe....and bro, your not going to be happy.  And that is why the core and everyone else is keeping tight lipped.  By the time you find out the scope of what is being worked on...you'll be happy you hung on to your bags of DASH. Because we know you have them.  Wink  So good try in trying to spread FUD and attempts at trying to influence the price(pitiful as it may be).

We are on to you Icey.  If I were you...I'd be less worried about the future of DASH and more worried about helping your neighbours in NAPA fight some fires.  That would be far more Noble pursuit.

PS...how is that proven broken privacy going for ya in Trollero?  Cool

well I'm not surprised...from a guy here
DASH - Love at first sight user accounts[Looking Beyond the Hype]

you got some "inside" too during the DASH Masternodes - the perfect motive for the instamine event?

like this guy?

guess what folks!

DASH current CEO Ryan Taylor has a love at first sight account...

Taylor05
Signup: January 19, 2014
Rating: Member

DASH launch date January 18, 2014

cross post at DASH ANN thread:
we have this...starring..

Taylor05
Signup: January 19, 2014
Rating: Member

Xcoin/Darkcoin/DASH was launched January 18, 2014

based from the article http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ryan-taylor-takes-dash-ceo-founder-evan-duffield/

Taylor has been a key contributor to Dash since mid-2014.

and look at Taylor05 posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223053;sa=showPosts;start=240

Taylor05 indeed started posting with his love at first sight account in Darkcoin thread...July 13, 2014 = mid -2014  Grin

Ryan Taylor AKA Taylor05 is an Instaminer like Evan hahaha...  Grin

so there you go DASH turds out there...debunk this shit  Cool
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:20:53 PM

Alt Thirty Six Officially Announces Exclusive Dash Partnership for Integration into Retail Sector

Payment solutions provider Alt Thirty Six has officially announced its exclusive integration of Dash into is retail platform.

A digital payments provider, Alt Thirty Six aims to displace traditional payment systems by leveraging blockchain technology to avoid the limitations of using typical processors and banks, allowing the system to become feasible for new markets. Dash Core’s CEO Ryan Taylor sees the upcoming integration as valuable to increasing Dash’s attractiveness for retail payments:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/alt-thirty-six-officially-announces-exclusive-dash-partnership-for-integration-into-retail-sector/

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:31:57 PM

Trolls vs. Users: The Limited Importance of Online Communities

A common lament in the Dash community is that, compared to some other cryptocurrency communities, it appears to be underrepresented in many online outlets such as Reddit and the Bitcointalk forums. For example, recently there was what appeared to be a coordinated effort in the /r/cryptocurrency subreddit to attack Dash, which garnered many updates and anti-Dash comments. The number of anti-Dash folks (mostly Monero supporters) appeared to far outnumber the Dash supporters. Further, Twitter polls asking for a vote on which cryptocurrency to support next usually show Dash significantly outvoted by other cryptos.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/trolls-vs-users-limited-importance-online-communities/

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:48:21 PM

Looks like the Dash price is about to make a new longterm uptrend at last, specially when you compare it with previous longterm downtrends and uptrends :

Next couple of weeks should be very interesting...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 08:03:56 PM

Quote from: Stealth923 on October 05, 2017
So, here we are in October with silence from the Core team. The roadmap was only just updated with dates, which I was holding the team to and thought to be accurate...why is communication and holding to a timeline so difficult for the core team? I am not just talking about this instance, I have been around since 2014.....

Anyone have any updates to where each of the deliverable's below are, there was no information from the conference about any of the below?? did I miss some delay communication?? Should I just reset my expectations that this will be delivered sometime 2018?

Edit: And before people start with the "I would rather have it done properly and wait longer" message, we are paying the Core team to run a multi billion dollar organisation...if you release dates stick to them or communicate accordingly with your board(MNs)/investors.

Quote from: GrandMasterDash
I am okay with delays but I am not okay with the lack of updates / feedback. I get the whole secrecy / first-mover-advantage thing, but the prolonged absence of news is very disconcerting. In fact, I was thinking, maybe we should designate a day in October where we de-fund Core for 24 hours, just to send them a message.

Quote from: Stealth923
I agree with @GrandMasterDash - a classic example, the wording of the conference was "major integrations announcements"....there wasn't a single announcement, rather vague and ambiguous talk for literally 15 seconds about whats in the pipeline which is signed, but could finish implementation in 6+ months time/be cancelled for all we know. I get the lack of hype, but there needs to be a happy medium rather than just silence and acting like you work for the CIA....

I really hope that a communication coordinator is hired and or Ogilvy sorts their shit out with brand communication, messaging and learning how to professionally SET EXPECTATIONS, because after 3 years it hasnt gotten any better, despite multiple promises from @Ryan Taylor and team. Learn to under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Based on this delay as @UdjinM6 has stated, has this also delayed the remainder of the roadmap?Huh because if so, I am going to write off Evolution V1 until 2020+ in which we will most likely be surpassed by another competitor.

Tell us something whe didn't know yet.

OK, here's a few things whe didn't know yet. Kiss

@Minotaur Daniel Diaz has once again fallen off the face of the earth.
Daniel Diaz apparantely stopped with his current role as Business developer, without the community getting any kind of explanation.

The 12.2 update is currently still missing 3 out of 9 translations and Testnet has not officially opened yet for v12.2.
Dash vaporware is the best vaporware.

A year has gone by and only some research and DIPs have been done but hardly any Evolution code or GUI been completed.
New DIPs process defined by Andy made the centralized DashCore entity re-think the way it's going to work on the Evolution development.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:32:50 AM

Dash Powers US Marijuana Industry Via Digital Payments Partnership

https://cryptovest.com/news/dashcoin-powers-us-marijuana-industry-via-digital-payments-partnership/

Grin
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:16:12 AM

Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors

http://paymentsjournal.com/digital-payments-platform-alt-thirty-six-selects-dash-payment-method-choice-new-retail-sectors/

#dash_force
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:20:15 AM

Following in the footsteps of DASH - SmartCash Implements Community Governance

https://cointelegraph.com/news/smartcash-implements-community-governance-following-dash-others

#dash_force
Pages: « 1 ... 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 [6453] 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: