Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:41:07 AM

Dude i was only saying that i think Dodge is better than your nxt. Why is this nonsense Yawn.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:48:05 AM

Dude i was only saying that i think Dodge is better than your nxt. Why is this nonsense Yawn.

There is just 1 thing that Doge is better than NXT & NEM.

That is marketing.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:50:27 AM

Why do you care about what's "better" than "my" nxt? I mention nxt still has many active developers in response to something that was posted about nxt developers. Doge is litecoin clone. I don't know anything about doge or its developers. All I know is that they have active community. You should stop your nxt jealousy -- dude.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nxtvisa

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:59:12 AM

That is marketing.
In 2015, you will change your mind, NEM will shine。。。

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:02:29 AM

Anything involves James nodecoin would need a great deal of luck to go through.

I've bookmarked this. Care to wager a NEM stake on this? Cheesy

Listen, I understand you're the head of NEM. Respect for you and your team. Somehow, in all the 'fair distribution' talk it's forgotten that CfB, Jean-Luc, CIYAM, James and others are a killer team. We're not waiting on an alpha, or picking out logos -- we're testing features now as I type this.

I wouldn't wager my NEM stake if I wasn't 100% positive. Smiley

Are all those people still involved in NXT? I thought CfB's contract was up. It looks like Jean-Luc and wesley have made all the commits for at least all of April: https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all. Is there another repro where other people are contributing?

CfB hasn''t left totally. He is still around, and waiting for DGS and asset exchange to finish. CIYAM is of course still working on AT project. James is supposedly "working" on dozens of things, but they don't involve changing nxt core. These are all his own projects. There are many others working on various projects (like android apps, games ( http://www.nox.am/  )  websites ( nxt.org, etc)

The front page of the game demo does look inviting. I could agree that NXT is still the most exciting alt coin system out there currently.

That game does look kinda cool. Overall NXT is a great project and I don't think any of us hate it.

Regarding messaging, I must say that I like the idea of a messaging app based on NEM. Perhaps in the future we could add "temporal secure messaging" that lets you send messages that will disappear after, say, 10 days, but have a discount so that they are cheaper to send than real messages. I don't think this is a huge priority for the first version of NEM, but it seems that we could add something like that in the future.

Pruning the blockchain probably won't work because it is a contract with the community that once things in the blockchain, they stay in the blockchain (unless stated otherwise from the start). Breaking contracts is not cool.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:04:12 AM

That is marketing.

To be honest, I like cats instead of dogs, so I never liked Doge.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:02:52 AM

re: Doge -- it's like a hamster running in a wheel. An awful lot of activity and burned calories, going nowhere.

I don't disagree that Doge has one of the most fervent, dedicated group of supporters. I just don't agree with this notion they have effective marketing.

Consider the supposed 'olympic coup' with Doge supporting the Jamaican team in Sochi. Look at the dates on the chart:

http://coinmarketcap.com/doge_180.html

For all the talk of marketing, what has it done? Nothing. Trust me, I'm the biggest Mac fanboi you'll ever meet, but Guy Kawasaki's 'evangelism' absolutely grated on me back in the mid-90s. Kawasaki was 'swarming' before we ever did it in the crypto world.

Swarming won't grow Doge, won't grow Nxt, won't grow NEM. Differentiating features *will*.

Doge has marketing but no differentiating features. Nxt will have differentiating features. So will NEM.
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:12:55 AM

I believe nxt and nem can get success. They are complementary, rather than competitive.
 Grin

pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

I believe nxt and nem can get success. They are complementary, rather than competitive.
 Grin
Like the relationship between BTC and LTC, but NEM and NXT which will be the next BTC, time will tell us

The future has come
WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:20:26 AM

Grin
Like the relationship between BTC and LTC, but NEM and NXT which will be the next BTC, time will tell us
Ahaha, so will you hold NEM for a long term ? the early BTC player dump their BTC very early. Grin Grin
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:54:12 AM

Grin
Ahaha, so will you hold NEM for a long term ? the early BTC player dump their BTC very early. Grin Grin
I  bet he will dump when the price up to 20 saoto.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

That is marketing.

To be honest, I like cats instead of dogs, so I never liked Doge.

Many people don't like Doge BUT; to illustrate the power of Doge. Read the next quote;

"To illustrate network effects, I asked my MBAs: "Who likes Facebook?" No hands raised. "OK, who has a Facebook account?" All hands raised."

tolstoy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:07:47 AM

Announcement: On behalf of NEM dev. team I would like to invite qualified candidates to apply for the position of marketing manager for NEM.

Qualifications:
- experiences with crypto currency communities.
- familiarity with marketing strategies of different crypo promoting group including Bitcoin, Doge, Blackcoin, Peercoin, NXT.
- good at English writing for promotional materials.

Requirements:    
- can spend at least 20 hours per week on NEM related promotional tasks.
- can volunteer for NEM related works.
- being a NEM stakeholder is preferable (not necessarily one right now but should be one over the long-term).
- can formulate a long term strategy as well as individual promotional projects for NEM.

Benefit:
- This is not a temporary hire but you will be a member of NEM development team (while we can pay for specific tasks) and can benefit as such. You will work in association with me as well as other NEM core developers in our many future endeavors.

Please send me a P.M describing your relevant experiences and I will contact you for further interviews. This is a very important position for NEM, so I expect the selection process will take sometimes but hopefully we will have the position filled before NEM alpha release.

Please spread it as far as possible where you see fit Smiley

You might try posting it to reddit’s r/Jobs4Bitcoin, they have 5,000 readers.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/23wgj3/rjobs4bitcoins_just_hit_5000_readers_thanks/

startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:07:42 PM

For driving, definitely.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:29:15 PM

Hello Fellow Nembers!

small stats from today.

April 19: Tests run: 781, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
May 01: Tests run: 878, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3

So almost hundred new tests in less than 2 weeks (and that is WITHOUT integration-tests)

To answer questions upfront: the two erroneous tests are (for now) supposed to be like that (TDD),
two failing tests will be fixed.

"Be seeing you!"

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
twelvesigns

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:32:39 PM

Hi

It seems awhile since the last technological update.  How far are we from alpha?

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:42:42 PM

Hi

It seems awhile since the last technological update.  How far are we from alpha?

Some remaining issues with NIS: fix connector issues, fix block generation issue, fix unconfirmed balances, add historical balances and integrate POI; remaining issues with NCC: tweaking UX elements; completing account related API. The first testnest is probably 1-2 weeks away.   

but keep in mind following:

so who can participate in the alpha ? stake holders or absolutely everyone ?

Current plan:

Phase 0: core devs
Phase 1: core team
Phase 2: absolutely everyone

No idea how long one phase lasts. It will depend on how well things work and on how much data devs want to collect.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

Any update about the auction? Has it started yet?
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Any update about the auction? Has it started yet?

not yet, probably won't start until the open Alpha since we want to avoid scam accusation. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
cgminer-o

Activity: 350

1$ =1 MEC 2013 (2,56 $) 5$ =1MEC 2014 ?

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:28:42 PM

Hello Fellow Nembers!

small stats from today.

April 19: Tests run: 781, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
May 01: Tests run: 878, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3

So almost hundred new tests in less than 2 weeks (and that is WITHOUT integration-tests)

To answer questions upfront: the two erroneous tests are (for now) supposed to be like that (TDD),
two failing tests will be fixed.

"Be seeing you!"

Wow! Hard work!

▓▓▓ MEC Megacoin POW▓▓▓https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/ ▓▓▓ New Economy Movement▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ LimecoinX X11 ▓▓▓
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: