Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814491 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

I just visited Cryptomoms' forum. It is really shaping up to be such a fun and educational site. Lots of quality posts with very positive remarks. I even learned a few things from Chase's investment advice.

Get ready for Wednesday launch of Cryptomoms.com. We have scheduled a far reaching Press Release submitted to over 40,000 media outlets worldwide. Lol. Our Dev. may run out of DNotes to give away, I hope the price will not go up too much, too fast in case I have to go out and buy some DNotes to help him out. I know we can't change the world but we are certainly work very hard to change the gender imbalance of the crypto currency world overwhelmingly dorminated by men.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 08:13:31 PM

woop woop
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

CRYPTOMOM'S LAUNCH  -  Wednesday, April 16th!!

I can't believe how much fun this is - everyone coming on board has nothing but positive comments.  Way to go DNotes team!

Yes! Do we have a time more or less? Don't want to start Tweeting about it before it's actually launched!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

Yes! Do we have a time more or less? Don't want to start Tweeting about it before it's actually launched!

Anytime Wednesday should be fine. We will be ready!

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

Cryptomoms.com is allsum.

One thing I kept thinking as I peruse the site is that there could be a bit more DNotes promotion. It's obviously the giveaway currency of choice, but is it to much to have the DNotes logo at the bottom of each page, preceded by "sponsored by"

Or something like that? I feel like a more overt understanding of what Crypto is the innovative face behind an innovative site...would be really helpful for new users to understand.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Tofer

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:35:09 PM

Crypto Moms will need help with this:

Before these women are slowly introduced to the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, buying, selling, etc., they are going to have to deal with the frustration of having to get Bitcoin first.  Anyone that can clearly explain the easiest ways to buy Bitcoin, what you do with it once you have it, getting it to an exchange, etc., can you please post your advice on the forum.  Thanks.

Agreed Chase. We should probably have a post on the main site as well.

Also depends on where everyone lives..how easy it is to purchase btc.. or how difficult.. This is surely an issue that needs a good article. I hope more countries get atms as well. Also we can list the sites they can earn btc like paid to click and faucets.
I'll get on writing something up.  For the time being here's some basic info.  The best way if it's available is localbitcoins.com, there you will be able to get bitcoins either through bank transfer or in person.  You can use pretty much any online transferring service to do this like western union or paypal.  Another way(the way I used) was through a site called Virwox.  I don't know if it's still possible but it was a convoluted process that ended in about 11% fees and really was an unsatisfactory experience.  I think I'm just going to focus on localbitcoin.com but will cover other ways if someone has one.

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
Tofer

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:26:23 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 04:25:33 AM by Tofer

A short explanation of how and where to get Bitcoin and then DNotes.

Buying Bitcoin is a simple process made seemingly difficult by the techno jargon of making a trade.  It's really as simple as make an offer, make a transfer, you have Bitcoin!  Currently the most popular and secure avenue to purchase Bitcoin is through Coinbase.  Coinbase employs a very official simple process to get your coins.  If you are familiar with using paypal or similar processors you will find it easy to use Coinbase.  Creating a coinbase wallet/account is straight forward and only requires a valid email.  From there you can familiarize yourself with their system and how the site works.  Then you add and verify your account information and you're ready to get your coins. Another option is Localbitcoins.com. Think of it as the Craigslist of Bitcoin with all the same risks associated.  One thing that makes LocalBTC different is instead of only being able to use a bank account you can get your coins with cash in person or any other form of online payment really. Localbitcoins should be used by experienced traders who are familiar with the risks.

Once you purchase your bitcoin it will be in the wallet of your choice if you followed proper procedure.  There are a few options like online or cloud wallets, desktop wallets, and strait to exchanges.  An exchange is a online/cloud wallet but unlike the cloud wallet you can trade your coins.  For storage purposes a desktop wallet is the best for any cryptocurrency.  If you want to have your coins ready to trade for profits keeping them on an exchange is the best, but keep in mind the risks involved.  As many of you may know the recent collapse of a few exchanges have left depositors hanging with no or little compensation.  This is why if you store your coins on an exchange you want to use one that will give you interest on them.  The higher the interest the better, at least you can sideline interest gains to hedge against a possible loss or you could let it compound and take the risk.  And finally there are the online wallets. These I only recommend for people who don't actually have a computer for a wallet and don't want the risk of an exchange collapse.  But still there is site security to worry about, as with any website it is susceptible to hacking and a subsequent loss of your coins.  Sometimes when and exchange or online wallet is hacked you can recover some of your coins from the site operators but don't count on it.  The best way is always going to be in your possession with the official wallet.

To safely exchange your bitcoin for any other alt coin you need an exchange account.  Specifically I will be talking about how to get DNotes.   Currently the best exchange, in my opinion, is Allcoin.com.  There you can easily set up an account, transfer your bitcoin to and from as well as exchange a multitude of currencies, DNotes being one of them.  Once you get an account set up you can transfer your coins to there by simply going to the send tab in your wallet and entering the receive address given to you by the exchange, the amount and the pass key if you set one up which is highly recommended.  Once your bitcoin is there you can trade it for DNotes by either making an offer or taking someones offer.  I recommend making an offer unless you think the price is bottomed or low in which case you may want to take an offer.  But in most cases you'll find that if you make your offer around the top of the list you'll pick up some if not all of what you're looking for.  The same idea applies to selling as well.

When you trade you want to think of it as a negotiation.  You either stay firm in the price you want or if after a while you don't get anywhere you inch a little closer to what the other person wants.  When you think about it you don't often walk into a store and buy the first product off the shelf.  You look at the same product the competitors are offering and make a decision on which is better.  Just like in an exchange why would you go in an buy or sell for the first price you see.  This is one of the reasons why prices fluctuate so much with coins because there are a lot of novice "traders" who don't really understand how a market works.  Also since these coins are being created daily there is the group of people who don't care for price and just sell sell sell.  A lot of people see this as bad but when you think about it like I said earlier if you make an offer around the top of the buy list someone will sell it to you.  This makes for a tricky balance because if nobody puts their buy orders high enough, miners will simply stop selling and mining making the actual value of a coin to drop and then the market value to drop.  If you aren't a big miner selling no matter the price when you sell you have to negotiate too but it's a little more difficult because you have those pesky big guys undercutting you left and right.  You don't want to follow suit and "dump" it's better to as with the buy orders put it at the top of the list and eventually the two will meet and level out.  And finally don't take advice from anyone when it comes to when and how much you should invest that decision is best left to yourself as nobody can predict the future.

Links:
Coinbase
https://coinbase.com/

Local Bitcoins
https://localbitcoins.com/

Allcoin
https://www.allcoin.com/

Bitcoin(wallet here)
https://bitcoin.org/en/

DNotes(wallet here)
http://dnotescoin.com/

(Anyone have anything to add?)

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:58:02 AM

Wow, great write up Tofer. My only concern would be that it sounds a little scary in the beginning. Maybe I should look at localbitcoin again before I make that assessment though, haven't been there in a while. Today, I would feel much more comfortable directing users to coinbase because of their reputation.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:37:47 AM

Wow, great write up Tofer. My only concern would be that it sounds a little scary in the beginning. Maybe I should look at localbitcoin again before I make that assessment though, haven't been there in a while. Today, I would feel much more comfortable directing users to coinbase because of their reputation.

Coinbase is, far and away, the place to send anyone new to this game. Coinbase has got 25m in VC money from Andreesen Horowitz (THE biggest name in High Tech Venture Capital), sits in the heart of Silicon Valley/Bay Area, has over a million users, is integrated with Overstock.com, Mint.com, and others....it's a no brainer as to be the place to send anyone getting into Bitcoin for the first time.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Tofer

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:16:04 AM

Coinbase is, far and away, the place to send anyone new to this game. Coinbase has got 25m in VC money from Andreesen Horowitz (THE biggest name in High Tech Venture Capital), sits in the heart of Silicon Valley/Bay Area, has over a million users, is integrated with Overstock.com, Mint.com, and others....it's a no brainer as to be the place to send anyone getting into Bitcoin for the first time.
Yeah, I guess that's true now that I think about it.  I was using localbitcoin a while back since I wanted to use cash.  I can draft one with coinbase instead.

Also could anyone who has been really active here pm me their address and I can split up a couple days worth of my mining between you(about 5k).  I think there's about 5 of you right?

I've been out for so long I have no idea what is going on with the heartbleed crap. Are we going to have to upgrade our wallets?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:34:32 AM

Yeah, I guess that's true now that I think about it.  I was using localbitcoin a while back since I wanted to use cash.  I can draft one with coinbase instead.

Also could anyone who has been really active here pm me their address and I can split up a couple days worth of my mining between you(about 5k).  I think there's about 5 of you right?

I've been out for so long I have no idea what is going on with the heartbleed crap. Are we going to have to upgrade our wallets?

Sounds good. Would you be willing to post it on the cryptomoms.com forum? Then if you don't mind I would like to use it as a base for a blog post.

DNotes windows wallet users are unaffected.

Tofer

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:08:32 AM

Sounds good. Would you be willing to post it on the cryptomoms.com forum? Then if you don't mind I would like to use it as a base for a blog post.

Consider my creations open source to be copy and pasted added to and used how you see fit by default, credit is always appreciated but not necessary. I like to keep the crypto theme with my work. You can quote me on that!

Good to know we're unaffected maybe an official notice is in order, as I know it affects ssl but it isn't really clear to the average person who is affected and since Bitcoin was affected people like me most likely assume the same thing.  But this may have already been covered. 

I'm not going to post it on cryptomoms forum since I'm not a cryptomom!  So I'll have my wife get on there and maybe I can get her as informed as me! lol She isn't a mom but she will be some day so I'll call it close enough.  If she doesn't want to I'll do it though I'm just messing around.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:21:17 AM

Thank you Tofer!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:42:28 AM

Cryptomoms.com is allsum.

One thing I kept thinking as I peruse the site is that there could be a bit more DNotes promotion. It's obviously the giveaway currency of choice, but is it to much to have the DNotes logo at the bottom of each page, preceded by "sponsored by"

Or something like that? I feel like a more overt understanding of what Crypto is the innovative face behind an innovative site...would be really helpful for new users to understand.

MiningHabit, we appreciate that you are always watching out for DNotes’ benefits.  In the best interest of the industry, consistent with DNotes long term strategic interest, we are positioning Cryptomoms.com as neutral entity sponsored by DNotes. Everyone is welcomed at Cryptomoms including any of our industry peers who wish to join force with us to help Cryptomoms accomplish its mission. Since DNotes team and its key supporters are the ones managing Cryptomoms, there will be many opportunities to promote DNotes. DNotes will gain a great deal of respect for its vision and leadership role in making it possible for Cryptomoms to accomplish its mission. This position is consistent with Cryptomoms' mission statement.

Mission Statement:

Cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men. We begin by creating a culture of mutual respect for women with genuine efforts to help them acquire the basic knowledge about digital currency along with many earning opportunities. We will relentlessly pursue to accomplish our mission through multiple campaigns and outreach projects and invite the participation of our industry peers and advocates to join force with us.  We will set very specific quantifiable goals and sponsor creditable surveys to measure our achievement against those goals. For the common good of our industry we are committed to make a difference.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:02:33 AM

Consider my creations open source to be copy and pasted added to and used how you see fit by default, credit is always appreciated but not necessary. I like to keep the crypto theme with my work. You can quote me on that!

Good to know we're unaffected maybe an official notice is in order, as I know it affects ssl but it isn't really clear to the average person who is affected and since Bitcoin was affected people like me most likely assume the same thing.  But this may have already been covered. 

I'm not going to post it on cryptomoms forum since I'm not a cryptomom!  So I'll have my wife get on there and maybe I can get her as informed as me! lol She isn't a mom but she will be some day so I'll call it close enough.  If she doesn't want to I'll do it though I'm just messing around.

Tofer, if you want to use this as a convenient excuse to recruit your wife to join us I am okay with that. However, there is no gender restriction at Cryptomoms. Everyone is welcomed.  There will be many targeted campaigns with a primary focus in reaching out to women.
Tofer

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:26:30 AM

Tofer, if you want to use this as a convenient excuse to recruit your wife to join us I am okay with that. However, there is no gender restriction at Cryptomoms. Everyone is welcomed.  There will be many targeted campaigns with a primary focus in reaching out to women.
Oh I know I'm just messing around

Also I edited what I wrote earlier if any one wants to check it out I thought I'd leave a localbtc mention in there because it does allow for cash transactions for people who don't have a bank account.  They're out there.

PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

without quoting everyone in a huge wall/crit of text. I just wanted to say the last two pages have been the best so far, what a team. :-D

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:29:13 PM

Hello my Lovelies does anyone know what I do with a wallet that isn't syncing and a pending payment gone out and stuck? Smiley
I sent some NOTES to POLO so I can day trade better now that my formula seems t work but it is stuck because the wallet isn't syncing. I am not very techie so o idea what to do now. Smiley. Sorry for the trouble.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:54:57 PM

Hello my Lovelies does anyone know what I do with a wallet that isn't syncing and a pending payment gone out and stuck? Smiley
I sent some NOTES to POLO so I can day trade better now that my formula seems t work but it is stuck because the wallet isn't syncing. I am not very techie so o idea what to do now. Smiley. Sorry for the trouble.

Hey qiwoman, I'll shoot you an email.

qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:14:18 PM

Hey qiwoman, I'll shoot you an email.

Great thank you so much sent reply..  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley I love this coin and it's the only one I day trade properly.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: