Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:53:01 PM

Exactly! We will get to the point where making it even more user friendly will become a necessity. These features will have to be included.

Also, zph42 had mentioned about the built in mining feature, it's quirky at best and does not come with everything required to pool mine directly from the wallet. The issue of course is all the virus triggers and such that go along with the mining program. Then the other issue is CPU mining isn't really worth the effort at this time. We would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Remove it or improve it?

First time tried mining in wallet.  4-core AMD CPU hashing at about 9kH/s. CPU load 100%, I do not think it is profitable considering electricity cost.

CPU I have:

Code:
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 4
model name : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 Processor
cpu MHz : 3200.000

You may be better off CPU mining one of these new X 11 or X 13 coins as part of a pool, and selling them for DNotes.

That is a great idea. DNotes is undervalued with significant upside potential. Since the drastic reduction in block rewards, we are seeing a clear up trend. However, there has also been a noticeable drag, possibly from larger miners or multi-pools that have been holding out in anticipation of the predicted up trend. Once this backlog is cleared, the upward momentum is expected to pickup significantly.

We are happy to see a slight increase in participation in this forum. We like to encourage all DNotes stake holders to visit us here often with their suggestions and comments.

I mine Dnotes with my GPU's and Quark based coins with my CPU's. I run Quad core AMD's in their slack time ~18 to 20 hrs a day and a Quad Core I3 100% of the time and mine about 7 Quarks a day. Which at their current price is about $.12 a day.  The computers these are running on are on 24/7 anyhow so not really a matter of worth it or not, I would not run a cpu miner unless the machine is going to be on anyway.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:16:25 PM

The chaotic crypto world travelling at lightning speed mentioned in one of Dyna's previous posts reminds me of a pinball machine.  The shiny ball is launched.  It flies around aimlessly as lights are flashing, bells are ringing, and it is very exhilarating.  The problem with pinball however, is the fact that every shiny ball eventually goes down the hole.  It is nice to see that DNotes isn't playing pinball and has taken the route of a very strategic game of chess.  This game may take years, but I plan on being here when we get to say "checkmate!"

Very well said, perfect analogy!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Exactly! We will get to the point where making it even more user friendly will become a necessity. These features will have to be included.

Also, zph42 had mentioned about the built in mining feature, it's quirky at best and does not come with everything required to pool mine directly from the wallet. The issue of course is all the virus triggers and such that go along with the mining program. Then the other issue is CPU mining isn't really worth the effort at this time. We would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Remove it or improve it?

First time tried mining in wallet.  4-core AMD CPU hashing at about 9kH/s. CPU load 100%, I do not think it is profitable considering electricity cost.

CPU I have:

Code:

You may be better off CPU mining one of these new X 11 or X 13 coins as part of a pool, and selling them for DNotes.

In the short term, perhaps but, please remember we need miners to secure the network. I'm seeing a lot of other coins getting in trouble lately because miners are dropping off for more profitable coins or new ventures. I am a miner and an investor. I don't chase the quick profits, I'm in it for the long run but, I'm afraid I'm in the minority right now. Anyway, I'll keep mining and investing and I hope you all do the same!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

CPU I have:

Code:

In the short term, perhaps but, please remember we need miners to secure the network. I'm seeing a lot of other coins getting in trouble lately because miners are dropping off for more profitable coins or new ventures. I am a miner and an investor. I don't chase the quick profits, I'm in it for the long run but, I'm afraid I'm in the minority right now. Anyway, I'll keep mining and investing and I hope you all do the same!

RJF, thanks for your dedication and support for DNotes.  We do monitor our network and network security constantly with both short term and long term strategies in place. 
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

CPU I have:

Code:

At this point, CPU mining Scrypt coins is completely obsolete and is a waste of hashing power for individual investors. While I`d like to suggest everyone mine DNotes, in this case it is different. These new algorithms are extremely CPU friendly, as the most powerful GPU will only hash 3 times faster than the most powerful CPU. Instead of earning 10 DNotes per day, they could earn enough to buy 100`s per day. That would help support the price and attract large miners.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:49:09 PM

CPU I have:

Code:

At this point, CPU mining Scrypt coins is completely obsolete and is a waste of hashing power for individual investors. While I`d like to suggest everyone mine DNotes, in this case it is different. These new algorithms are extremely CPU friendly, as the most powerful GPU will only hash 3 times faster than the most powerful CPU. Instead of earning 10 DNotes per day, they could earn enough to buy 100`s per day. That would help support the price and attract large miners.

Both arguments have strong merits. We expected this adjustment period which could take a few more weeks to settle. This is likely to be the last opportunity to accumulate DNotes at this price level and any additional buying support from our current stake holders will speed up the process. 
CryptoBlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:12:51 AM

Mine DNotes directly to your wallet at CryptoBlox!

No Registration Required!

Just point your miners to our stratum server and use your wallet address as your username!

Stratum Server: mine.cryptoblox.com:3302
Username: Your DNotes Wallet Address
Password: Anything

CryptoBlox Mining Portal: mine.cryptoblox.com

Also be sure to check out our DNotes Faucet for some free DNotes!

DNotes Faucet: http://www.cryptoblox.com/faucets/DNotes/

www.CryptoBlox.com - 10+ Faucets, Block Explorers, Resources, and Mining Portal!

BTC = 1G1gKi3V5hvdB1ghYu4MykGGrJ2jfjqpm3
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 01:44:01 PM

Mine DNotes directly to your wallet at CryptoBlox!

No Registration Required!

Just point your miners to our stratum server and use your wallet address as your username!

Stratum Server: mine.cryptoblox.com:3302
Username: Your DNotes Wallet Address
Password: Anything

CryptoBlox Mining Portal: mine.cryptoblox.com

Also be sure to check out our DNotes Faucet for some free DNotes!

DNotes Faucet: http://www.cryptoblox.com/faucets/DNotes/

Thank you! Added it to the OP.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

So how do the devs feel about the first ~2 weeks after the change at 150k?

Mining has tailed off, but with the difficulty change and the price stability, it's near the top of coinwarz.com still. That's super cool. Volume on the exchanges seems to be picking up, with allcoin and poloniex accounting together for like 2.5 BTC in daily volume. The forums at cryptomoms seem as busy as ever. Price of DNotes is staying mid to low 200s (measured in satoshis), which is fantastic considering BTC has near doubled in price since the lows of last month. Etc etc

Looks pretty damn good from my vantage point!

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:13:53 AM

Mining has tailed off, but with the difficulty change and the price stability, it's near the top of coinwarz.com still. That's super cool. Volume on the exchanges seems to be picking up, with allcoin and poloniex accounting together for like 2.5 BTC in daily volume. The forums at cryptomoms seem as busy as ever. Price of DNotes is staying mid to low 200s (measured in satoshis), which is fantastic considering BTC has near doubled in price since the lows of last month. Etc etc

That is a fairly objective way of looking at it. However, based on the law of supply and demand, coupled with progress in multiple fronts, DNotes’ trading range at 200 to 260 satoshi is undervalued. We expect a steady upward trend with DNotes securing a top 50s position based on market cap within the next few months. Along with other efforts we believe that DNotes will continue to gain significant awareness. We will kick off a formal campaign in two weeks to vote for DNotes at Mintpal. I have already changed my password setting from 45 minutes to 24 hours making it very convenient to vote many times a day. Once again, we encourage our community to support our efforts in any manner they can.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:41:37 PM

That is a fairly objective way of looking at it. However, based on the law of supply and demand, coupled with progress in multiple fronts, DNotes’ trading range at 200 to 260 satoshi is undervalued. We expect a steady upward trend with DNotes securing a top 50s position based on market cap within the next few months. Along with other efforts we believe that DNotes will continue to gain significant awareness. We will kick off a formal campaign in two weeks to vote for DNotes at Mintpal. I have already changed my password setting from 45 minutes to 24 hours making it very convenient to vote many times a day. Once again, we encourage our community to support our efforts in any manner they can.

-----------------------------------------------------

Even though there is a formal Vote for DNotes at Mintpal campaign starting in two weeks, is there any reason that 'we the faithful' can't start voting now? 

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:51:13 PM

-----------------------------------------------------

Even though there is a formal Vote for DNotes at Mintpal campaign starting in two weeks, is there any reason that 'we the faithful' can't start voting now?  

No reason not to start voting today. The formal social media campaign will kick-off in two weeks. DNotes has a strong discipline in focusing on important projects at the most appropriate time. Based on our strategic timeline DNotes is expected to be listed on Mintpal by September 15, 2014. The DNotes team believes in setting quantifiable goals and measurable timeline. Over time, the industry will recognize that DNotes is indeed different in many aspects. That is how DNotes will become the Digital Currency of the Future with Lasting Value. At some point in the future, DNotes will be traded on every major exchange worldwide with excellent liquidity and stability. We are not just hoping for it to happen. It is part of our strategic plans to be executed over a number of years.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

Dyna,

What is the current plan for positioning Dnotes in the future? Can you discuss the long term plans and predictions? I know a lot of this has been covered but, I would like see where the Dnotes community leaders stand now.

Thx

DNotesVault
Rekatan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:55:00 PM

Dyna,

What is the current plan for positioning Dnotes in the future? Can you discuss the long term plans and predictions? I know a lot of this has been covered but, I would like see where the Dnotes community leaders stand now.

Thx

I'm also curious on this. With so many new coins with quite a bit more innovative technology behind them coming out on a regular basis, I'm wondering what the plan is to keep dnotes relevant.
PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:30:12 AM

Dyna,

Thx

I'm also curious on this. With so many new coins with quite a bit more innovative technology behind them coming out on a regular basis, I'm wondering what the plan is to keep DNotes relevant.

I would say that DNotes being stable without gimmicks, or pumping and dumping will be what keeps it relevant. And holding it's projects close and non speculating is also important. Just cause a newer coin than us comes out with some other technology does not mean we are doomed in any sense.

Example: you can release 100's of new comic books for example but it's normally the older 20-50 that have any quality behind them and are not just there to be there to make a buck, and that people know about and stay in popular culture.

Another example: There can be hundreds of new fancy candies out there but still again the more name recognition, long term sticking around and the candies that are easily affordable quality and no gimmicks are accepted by the majority of the population.  Yes some new comers join in but being part of the long term group is what keeps companies alive for generations.  again about 5-25 candies will be what a good chunk of population stick with. there might be more for one off tastes but not too many people buy Scorpion lolly pops everyday lol.

We need to stay fast and keep going, DNotes has plans we are working for and I am sure as soon as they are able to spill the beans they will. They also don't want false hope or peoples expectations to be too great for the short run. Does anyone remember all the Hub-bub over "Ginger" and "IT" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segway_PT#Early_history_and_pre-release_marketing   
the media got a hold of a few keywords and suddenly spin started going with some people thinking it was going to be a flying car, or some jet pack thing..., and I remember when it came out to be a simple Gyroscope-two wheel vehicle there was lots of "WHAT THE HELL"?  and "THAT's what the thing is what a waste" coming from people.   
The article above has a few examples of the stupid hype it created

"The speculation created an unexpected advance buzz about the product that was, at times, hyperbolic. Steve Jobs was quoted as saying that it was "as big a deal as the PC",[1] though later sources quoted him as saying when first introduced to the product that its design "sucked".[2] John Doerr speculated that it would be more important than the Internet.[1] Articles were written in major publications speculating on it being a Stirling engine.[3] South Park devoted an episode to making fun of the hype before the product was released."

In other words we don't want another segway style pr disaster. I am sure if things were more carefully handled it would have been a bit more well received. So lets keep supporting and knowing we have experience and knowledge on our side (Alan) and the team have had years of experience with how to get things done and how and when to announce an improvement to a product or business.

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
boon8

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:42:22 AM

how about this coin?ay new function?lol
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:48:44 AM

I believe DNOTES is one of the coins that has lasted and outgrown so many that have come and gone. I really hope t be an integral part of the growth at least by investing in more DNOTES over the coming weeks and months.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

Happy Father's Day to all our great DNote Dads!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:39:34 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 03:51:32 PM by Dyna

Dyna,

Thx

I'm also curious on this. With so many new coins with quite a bit more innovative technology behind them coming out on a regular basis, I'm wondering what the plan is to keep dnotes relevant.

Those are very reasonable questions and we continue to encourage our community to actively participate in this forum, with comments, questions, and recommendations. You may also PM our Dev. or myself on subjects that are more appropriately covered in private.

DNotes has a rather complex business plan projecting years into the future. Like any other business plan, it consists of many short and long term goals and objectives covering many different projects. Some of the projects are conditional. They could be affected by the state of our industry, new technologies, changing industry sentiments, governmental rules and regulations, as well as DNotes’ success or lack of it. DNotes is actively managed as a technology entity, as well as a business entity. We treat this as a very serious real world business with the solid backings of our large stake holders who are firmly committed for the long haul.

To the best of my knowledge, our large stake holders are net buyers by a long shot. We could very well be the only group in the digital currency space that has never requested a single donation to fund any project and this practice will continue with increasing funding. This is a huge advantage over our industry peers. Consequently, DNotes can consistently operate from a position of strength, allowing the DNotes team to focus in executing strategic plans without having to disclose confidential projects in order to secure donations from the community. This is another significant DNotes difference that is underestimated by outsiders. We do not exploit our R&D (research and development) projects as a vehicle to pump and dump. They are always kept under wrap until the DNotes team is convinced that they ready for a solid launch.
DNotes core mission is to be one among a few that can survive the test of time in the increasingly crowded crypto currency space. We believe in quality, not quantity. The page count of this forum is a case in point, though I do like to see more participation from our community. We will continue to execute our strategic plans at the most optimal time and not yield to industry pressure.

At our current phrase, we will attempt to raise our profile by a notch or two. Gaining awareness and industry recognition is now among our top priorities. This will be approached from multiple fronts, including an earnest appeal to our community to participate more actively. Visit this forum more often and participate to the best you. Digital currency is here to stay. Start reaching out to friends and family. Encourage them to start a digital currency saving account. If need be, help them to set up a trading account and give them a few DNotes to get started.  Don’t forget that one of our core missions through Cryptomoms is to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world. If you want to come up with your own giveaway programs and can use some help, PM me with a specific plan. I will personally make a contribution of DNotes to support your efforts. DNotes is becoming more valuable and harder to come by.

Now my predictions:

1.   DNotes will secure a sustainable market cap top 50s position before the end of 2014 with a trading range of 800 to 1,200 Satoshi.

2.   DNotes will be listed on Mintpal and at least two other exchanges in 2014.

3.   DNotes will announce and implement a pilot project, incorporating elements that essential to achieve mainstream merchant account adoption of digital currency in 2014.

4.   DNotes will launch two projects of significance before the end of 2014.

5.   By the year 2020, DNotes core supporters will own a fully regulated exchange dedicated to trading DNotes and a few selected digital and fiat currencies, a mutual fund, a venture capital fund, a bank, and some forms digital debit and credit card services. These are all part of our long term plan to ensure that “DNotes is the Digital currency of the Future with Lasting Value.”

This is just a small of sample, in an effort to answer your questions. The challenges in an increasingly crowded and chaotic cryptocurrency space, packed false claims, misguided directions and ferocious spreading of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) will make it increasing unlikely that many of the market cap 300 plus today will survive beyond their next anniversary. This will take much more than announcing prematurely, perhaps even misleadingly, the next killer apps or “military strength” security and privacy features. It takes a clear understanding from both the micro, and macro prospective of what a highly successful digital currency needs to be five years from now, when digital currency reaches mainstream adoption as a medium of exchange in global commerce. The DNotes team believes that we need to take a system approach to solving this very complex challenge.

What is a system approach? (To be continued.)
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:02:18 PM

I believe DNOTES is one of the coins that has lasted and outgrown so many that have come and gone. I really hope t be an integral part of the growth at least by investing in more DNOTES over the coming weeks and months.  Smiley

Qiwoman, we missed you as one of our cheerleaders in this forum. Love to see you here more often.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: