Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:35:20 PM

Having problems with shipping is nothing spondoolies can change, you would have to take that up with the shipping company.

As far as i know they chose the freight company in the best interest of the customer.

They can offer the customer the choice of paying extra for Saturday delivery. I would gladly pay extra for Saturday delivery to avoid losing 3 mining days over a holiday weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:36:38 PM

Having problems with shipping is nothing spondoolies can change, you would have to take that up with the shipping company.

As far as i know they chose the freight company in the best interest of the customer.

They can offer the customer the choice of paying extra for Saturday delivery. I would gladly pay extra for Saturday delivery to avoid losing 3 mining days over a holiday weekend.

can't you just pick it up from the courier depot? I did this last bank holiday (on the saturday) when I knew it wasn't going to get delivered until tuesday.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Also, I paid $2900 for my unit, and the price dropped to $2795 plus shipping before my unit even shipped. Add $193 for shipping, and minus 10% using a coupon, and the price comes to $2700. That means I paid $200 more for a unit that didn't even ship until after the price drop.

No more 10% coupon You got it $100 cheaper.

kendog77

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:46:56 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 06:25:32 PM by kendog77

can't you just pick it up from the courier depot? I did this last bank holiday (on the saturday) when I knew it wasn't going to get delivered until tuesday.

I called FedEx, and they said the package was sitting on an airport loading dock 30 minutes from my house and would not move again until Tuesday morning. FedEx said there is no way I can pick it up from that location. I think this is just very unfortunate timing.

Oh well, shit happens. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the S2s I have coming next week. They should ship tomorrow, and I've had great luck with UPS shipments from Bitmain in the past.

This is the first time I've received an international shipment from FedEx, and was surprised by the paperwork they require.

Lessons learned:
1.) Bank transfers are slow. Paying with BTC is much faster and can speed up shipment by 2-3 days.
2.) It's critical to take weekends and holidays into account when timing purchases. Otherwise, you could end up losing 2-3 days waiting for delivery.
raskul

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

I called FedEx, and they said the package was sitting on an airport loading dock 30 minutes from my house and would not move again until Tuesday morning. FedEx said there is no way I can pick it up until Tuesday. I think this is just very unfortunate timing.

crazy, I had a very similar experience with DHL this morning.. although their customer service put me right through, direct to the airport depot, where I guided the representative through, finding the package value on the waybill (they had held it because they couldn't find the value amount) unfortunately, my own rig won't be here til tuesday, same.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:49:32 PM

Yes, that is the quote i got just this morning. However, i told them i would deploy multiple kW, i don´t know how many ants you have with them.

The way you are describing it is, they need you to pay VAT but you will get reimbursed after 2 months?
So basically you don´t pay VAT? Just give a two-month interest-free loan?

Just fyi Bitmine != Bitmain Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
vpn1

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:21:45 PM

So I decided to join the fray and worry about cooling later. Just concluded some testing:

2 machines @ 24h net: 0.14743461 (before the increase) default single pool
2 machines @ 24h net: 0.12959452 (before/after increase) multi-pool

All calculators were spot on in their calculations. Ton of junk in the multi-pool amounting to not that much and spotty server issues.

So what pool(s) are recommended for these things?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

I bit and ordered a unit last Monday just to see what all the hype was about, and so far I've had issue after issue. Unless BTC goes way up, I'm almost positive this is going to be a money loser. Super...

Normally I pay for miners using BTC, but this time I decided to pay using bank transfer because I was running low on BTC. The Monday payment didn't clear until Wednesday, so the unit didn't ship until Wednesday evening. I wasn't aware that bank transfers were so slow, but that's the last time I pay for a miner that ships "immediately" using bank transfer. Chalk one up to BTC, but it sucks to wait on a slow bank transfer to go through (minus two mining days).

Also, I paid $2900 for my unit, and the price dropped to $2795 plus shipping before my unit even shipped. Add $193 for shipping, and minus 10% using a coupon, and the price comes to $2700. That means I paid $200 more for a unit that didn't even ship until after the price drop.

Also, my unit was supposed to be delivered on Friday morning, but it either got delayed by customs or FedEx sucks, so it's sitting on a loading dock and won't move again until after Memorial Day on Tuesday. I called Fedex and they told me that there is no way I can even pick the unit up before Tuesday. It would have been delivered on Saturday, but Spondoolies didn't pay for Saturday delivery, so that's a loss of another 3-4 mining days.

The difficulty also just went up 18% because it looks like the market is being flooded with AsicMiner Gen3 chips.

This is really screwing up what is otherwise a great Memorial Day weekend.

1) They didn't ship until you paid, that's not their fault.
2) They lowered the price before shipping, tell them and they'll refund it, they're nice people.
3) That's Fedex's fault. You can call them and pay to upgrade to Saturday delivery, it'll cost less than 3 mining days.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:49:53 PM

I bit and ordered a unit last Monday just to see what all the hype was about, and so far I've had issue after issue. Unless BTC goes way up, I'm almost positive this is going to be a money loser. Super...

Normally I pay for miners using BTC, but this time I decided to pay using bank transfer because I was running low on BTC. The Monday payment didn't clear until Wednesday, so the unit didn't ship until Wednesday evening. I wasn't aware that bank transfers were so slow, but that's the last time I pay for a miner that ships "immediately" using bank transfer. Chalk one up to BTC, but it sucks to wait on a slow bank transfer to go through (minus two mining days).

Also, my unit was supposed to be delivered on Friday morning, but it either got delayed by customs or FedEx sucks, so it's sitting on a loading dock and won't move again until after Memorial Day on Tuesday. I called Fedex and they told me that there is no way I can even pick the unit up before Tuesday. It would have been delivered on Saturday, but Spondoolies didn't pay for Saturday delivery, so that's a loss of another 3-4 mining days.

The difficulty also just went up 18% because it looks like the market is being flooded with AsicMiner Gen3 chips.

3) That's Fedex's fault. You can call them and pay to upgrade to Saturday delivery, it'll cost less than 3 mining days.

Or you could choose free 1 month hosting and have it shipped on a Monday/Tuesday Smiley PM me your address and I will donate you your 3 mining days.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:33:26 PM

As you design more efficent chips for devices like SP30, will you continue to make a < 1200W version for those who don't have the ability to plug in 2 different circuits (single 1 kW PSU)?

We don't have the bandwidth to do it. We're looking for partners for other form factors.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:35:49 PM

Please contact sales@ and we'll work something out

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
dumo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:09:24 PM

What is the exact VA of the SP10 in terms of North American data center hosting?
kendog77

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:44:01 AM

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a handout. Based on everything I've seen so far, you are one of the few honest hardware manufacturers left and do treat customers fairly. The package was shipped promptly after payment cleared.

In retrospect, I'm just ranting because bank transfers are slow (this is one of the reasons why I think BTC will succeed) and my package is sitting in a FedEx facility 15 miles from my house but they won't let me pick it up until Tuesday (that's FedEx and bad luck on my part with the timing and the holiday weekend).

Oh well, it is what it is...  Smiley
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:00:34 AM

As you design more efficent chips for devices like SP30, will you continue to make a < 1200W version for those who don't have the ability to plug in 2 different circuits (single 1 kW PSU)?

We don't have the bandwidth to do it. We're looking for partners for other form factors.
Nice to hear you are keeping your razor-sharp focus.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:19:07 AM

What is the exact VA of the SP10 in terms of North American data center hosting?
That depends on which setting you will use, but it shoudln´t be above 1350W.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:28:21 AM

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a handout. Based on everything I've seen so far, you are one of the few honest hardware manufacturers left and do treat customers fairly. The package was shipped promptly after payment cleared.

In retrospect, I'm just ranting because bank transfers are slow (this is one of the reasons why I think BTC will succeed) and my package is sitting in a FedEx facility 15 miles from my house but they won't let me pick it up until Tuesday (that's FedEx and bad luck on my part with the timing and the holiday weekend).

Oh well, it is what it is...  Smiley

Psst take the handout.

lol Wink Them is good people to help you out even if they are not the root cause they respect the customer / seller relationship. Our WPC has been on the receiving end of some nice support and concessions and they are always offered up in good faith. You are so right about these guys they are honest and treat us pretty well. If we keep buying from them I suspect that this will continue.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Collider

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:37:32 AM

They are definately more reliable than any US-based Bitcoin mining manufacturer.

The hardware provided is delivered on-time and spec.
raskul

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:26:26 AM

Oh well, it is what it is...  Smiley

most of us know how you feel mate.

I believe roadstress had offered to help out too, and i'm willing to chip in, I'd share your lost days with roadstress and give you some hashing on my rig, just PM me and copy roadstress in the PM if you want us to sort this out for you.

<feeling very community minded today>

Grin

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:42:05 PM

They are definately more reliable than any US-based Bitcoin mining manufacturer.

Every bitcoin miner manufacturer was fabulous when they first started. All of them. Soon as they all go rich, loads of money in their pocket change into what KNC is now. I can't say it will happen with Spoondoolies, but that's the basic trend and it is very obvious. I "hope" it doesn't happen to Spoondoolies, they seem like a great bunch of people, but so did everyone else when they started up.
Good Luck!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Collider

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:44:17 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 04:59:08 PM by Collider

Every bitcoin miner manufacturer was fabulous when they first started. All of them. Soon as they all go rich, loads of money in their pocket change into what KNC is now. I can't say it will happen with Spoondoolies, but that's the basic trend and it is very obvious. I "hope" it doesn't happen to Spoondoolies, they seem like a great bunch of people, but so did everyone else when they started up.
Good Luck!
Not really, hashfast was massively delayed and missed power consumption goals. (probably going bankrupt)

Even Cointerra didn´t manage to ship on time in the first batches, and units still aren´t on spec, so no, i dont know of any US-based manufacturer who was
fabulous when they first started

And don´t get me started on BFL.

Correct me if i made a mistake, though.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: