Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:03:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin GPU miner: 9.1 CPD on a 280x / pool / 2% dev.fee  (Read 100893 times)
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:23:07 PM

I see those lucky ones report their numbers, but there is also the other side of the medal. I'm mining with 2X asus 280X running @ 2.8 chain/days

They are mining for 48 hours+ and only 1 block found for a great 9.5 XPM  Angry
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kev7112001

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:59:38 PM

funny how i told that other idiot who thinks ypool cant be ddos and that is what is happening and will continue to happen just like any pool that gets most of the hash power thats why solo is better but its good thing for us solominers no down time

MCXNOW MODERATOR
pablotextoris

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

At least I know now that its just my UNluck for the last days and someone is actually able to find blocks still.

Just to report - using the same settings as before - but I got my longest run for nothing right now Smiley its been around 59 hours sinc I found any block with my two 280x Toxics and I found only 3 10-chains since...

I hit 5 10-ch and 5 blocks after 30.47 hours. This is just with one MSI Twin Frozr III HD7970 OC BE at 1150 mhz core/1500 mhz memory.

Code:

~~~~~ 07:00 2014-04-10

Primecoin GPU miner ver. 1.03
-----------------------------
Mining time: 9.20 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.93
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.98

Pass: 16917
GPU #0   time: 194
GPU #1   time: 194

10-ch   found: 1         expected: 1.121
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.483

1160/1500 - cpuusage=9

Code:

~~~~~ 23:34 2014-04-10

Mining time: 9.23 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.90
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.87

Pass: 16733
GPU #0   time: 200
GPU #1   time: 196

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 1.116
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.444

1150/1500 - cpuusage=8

Code:

~~~~~ 19:09 2014-04-11
Mining time: 17.32 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.93
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.92

Pass: 31789
GPU #0   time: 197
GPU #1   time: 188

10-ch   found: 3         expected: 2.111
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.783

All these three above are separate runs  Tongue

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

At least I know now that its just my UNluck for the last days and someone is actually able to find blocks still.

Just to report - using the same settings as before - but I got my longest run for nothing right now Smiley its been around 59 hours sinc I found any block with my two 280x Toxics and I found only 3 10-chains since...

Your settings might not be 100% stable.
Also, try to run 24/7 for a week and then make an average of blocks per week.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

funny how i told that other idiot who thinks ypool cant be ddos and that is what is happening and will continue to happen just like any pool that gets most of the hash power thats why solo is better but its good thing for us solominers no down time
I have been running non stop on ypool all day, it is working fine (and still running on it... )
I understand from your various posts that you don't like pools or ypool, but may-be you should stop propagating false rumor.
(have no interest in ypool what so ever...except my card running on it)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
drozenski

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:40:08 PM

Mining time: 12.22 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.72
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.68

Wow. What's you hardware (GPU/CPU)?
What version of Catalyst do you have?

I have a brand new ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121803

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

I am using the -CPU=9 flag. 20% cpu usage.

Cat 13.9 Drivers

Is that a beta driver or the driver that came with the cd with the graphics card?

That's pretty high for gpu mem clocks.

they are the 13.9 drives downloaded from the ATI website

My GPU mem starts at 6500 and tops out at 8000. 400 wasnt much of a push.
kev7112001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

I have been running non stop on ypool all day, it is working fine (and still running on it... )
I understand from your various posts that you don't like pools or ypool, but may-be you should stop propagating false rumor.

its obvious you dont pay very good attention so just keep your opinions too yourself ill stick with the facts
im also sure you just started using them so keep watching your miners im sure u will get disconnects plus take your ypool talk to the claymores thread this is solo discussion here

MCXNOW MODERATOR
kev7112001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

4 blocks so far today looking good still cant wait to see an update

MCXNOW MODERATOR
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

its obvious you dont pay very good attention so just keep your opinions too yourself ill stick with the facts
im also sure you just started using them so keep watching your miners im sure u will get disconnects plus take your ypool talk to the claymores thread this is solo discussion here
This isn't a solo discussion, it a software discussion and like others, I'd like to see it working on a pool...
I did my homework. I tested both formula (solo mining and ypool) so far ypool is paying my licence...
solo mining relies a lot on luck, in pool you take out this parameter of the equation (at the expense of may-be
somewhat less coin the day you could have been lucky, but a lot more when you are not.)

I don't take party for or against any one software I just want the best working formula

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:13:30 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 10:44:47 PM by LongAndShort

The fact remains though that pplns is a bit of a scam and pools downtime can inflict serious loss of mining gains and i figure large pools that find blocks regularly don't need it. That being said i can report for 48hours at the time of typing this; using Claymores amazing fast miner has negated most of that.

However i have found 14 blocks in the past 48 hours using his miner but i have only received 96.5xpm out of the potential  120xpm  I would have got had i have been mining solo with it so lets do some math here

Claymores dev fee is 10% and the pool fee is 3% thats 13% i really should have been stripped of over 2 days so i mined 14 blocks on that pool over two days thats 120.4xpm minus 13% is 104.748xpm i should have is yet all i have is 96.5  so where has almost a full block reward gone? because i'm down 8.248xpm probably lost to pplns and pool downtime!

So if i had this miner and paid for its license to solo mine i would now have 120.4xpm thats over two days so eventually i've easily at least paid off one license and made more profit then mining any other coin if i had of mined solo but don't get me wrong..mad props to Claymores epic miner because its negating a lot imo but the argument here is solo vs pool with the same miner and solo wins hands down i'm afraid.

Missing 4.1xpm a day is not cool however you want to look at it and i cant wait until pgpu come out of their lab with some more competition for this miner space because this is getting really exciting and might i add profitable and when you want to bash pgpu just remember they took the first step and actually instigated the release of the miners into the light because without the first person taking the step they would still be
hidden

Btw this was not just directed at you mate its to the whole thread. I think people just need to put the pitchforks down for a second here and support these devs because both claymore and pgpu have good miners and have given us choice and have created some competition in certain parts of xpm mining and are filling their own nich in others and deserve our support not our narrow veiws.

There is a lot of good info on this thread and help to those with issues.

EDIT: its comming up to 49 hours now and i have found 16 blocks yet i have 97xpm for a 49 hour period! which is good but a lot is lost due to me not mining them solo!
kev7112001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

This isn't a solo discussion, it a software discussion and like others, I'd like to see it working on a pool...
I did my homework. I tested both formula (solo mining and ypool) so far ypool is paying my licence...
solo mining relies a lot on luck, in pool you take out this parameter of the equation (at the expense of may-be
somewhat less coin the day you could have been lucky, but a lot more when you are not.)

man ive been mining way longer than u im sure and my homework is 100% correct

I don't take party for or against any one software or another

man ive been mining way longer than u im sure and my homework is 100% correct
im sure u didnt solo long enough either to even compare and if you knew what u were talking about you would have known they were hit at around 2:00am est

as far as im concerned you can believe it or not i dont care i know that im making more than if i was on that pool. i get whole blocks+transaction fees and 0 down time also when that pool gets hit like many pools do ill bank on it end of discussion  

edit: even if this miner becomes pool compatible with anyone i would still solo this is not just about ypool but any pool

MCXNOW MODERATOR
kev7112001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:27:50 PM

and to be honest these dev seem honest they didnt have to refund anyone back either

MCXNOW MODERATOR
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:36:50 PM

I don't take party for or against any one software I just want the best working formula

The best working formula right now would be claymores miner working solo! So if and when pgpu match its speed and reliability then pgpu will have the best working formula
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

The best working formula right now would be claymores miner working solo! So if and when pgpu match its speed and reliability then pgpu will have the best working formula
yes, wondering the same thing...

djm34 facebook page
kev7112001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

its not faster but in your case cause your using nothin but 290x's it might seem that way but for most miners primepgu is faster

MCXNOW MODERATOR
T-800

Activity: 205
Merit: 105

【Ƀ】➔ ☽

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

Cat 13.9 Drivers

I have the exact same card. How do you enter these settings?

drozenski

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:17:24 AM

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

Cat 13.9 Drivers

Download GPU tweek from the ASUS website.
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:59:52 AM

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

Cat 13.9 Drivers

That's crazy with 1.72 CPD, did the same clock core and memory, and it didn't move from 1.55 CPD.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
kev7112001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:44:15 AM

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

Cat 13.9 Drivers

That's crazy with 1.72 CPD, did the same clock core and memory, and it didn't move from 1.55 CPD.

its not always about core/mem clocks some gpu are just more eff than others same with mem and latency eg  no 2 same model cards are going to have the same speed at same clocks

this rule goes for any silicon chip asics too

it about where it was cut from the wafer center chips will use less power where outer will use more if you use gpu-z it will show you asic quality

plus there are other factors here as in mobo cpu ram etc

same with cpu's the cache speed and latency can make a world of difference its not always about size
usually chip that have big amount run slow latency timings

MCXNOW MODERATOR
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:49:09 AM

OC Settings are

GPU Core 1196
GPU Voltage 1182
Mem 6900
Power target 110%
55% fan speed
Rock solid at 73C

My CPU is a I7 4770K

Cat 13.9 Drivers

its not always about core/mem clocks some gpu are just more eff than others same with mem and latency eg  no 2 same model cards are going to have the same speed at same clocks

this rule goes for any silicon chip asics too

it about where it was cut from the wafer center chips will use less power where outer will use more if you use gpu-z it will show you asic quality

plus there are other factors here as in mobo cpu ram etc

same with cpu's the cache speed and latency can make a world of difference its not always about size
usually chip that have big amount run slow latency timings

True, just like cars, 1 out of 5 is usually the better performer per batch of cars.

The 280x does have a slightly better memory system than the 7970's, but not by much. Core's are basically the same.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: