Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:54:37 PM

how many times are u going to keep spamming this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weryo

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:55:14 PM

so is this coin officially calling itself 'paypal of cryptos' ? Isn't that embarrassing?
The amazing part of this story is the blind bagholder defending their pile of shit.

Amazing part of this story, Vericoin been trading for hours and price is going up. LOL

Tune in for the hangout tonight so you can see what a great development team and community looks like.

Also interested in the hangout tonight.
But afaik Vericoin is not yet traded on most exchanges (MP, cryptsy, poloniex all frozen)...
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

Official VeriCoin Statement
RE: Mintpal Security Breach
http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/Statement.pdf
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:57:31 PM

When a EXCHANGE is hacked and 40% of currency was stolen - you know that 40% of the value of the coin was for PUMP n DUMP
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:58:40 PM

We agree that this situation looks like PayPal fraud department f**** . Yeah i stop using Paypal for over 1 year since Bitcoin . I have no idea what people say here that PayPal is successful as many bussines understand how much harm they actually do . But did they had any other option till Bitcoin ? No .

Also here is our article : http://247cryptonews.com/vericoin-lack-integrity-bailout-mintpal-mistake/  
Not much but we want people to find out how stuff are going on . If i had 30% of vericoin and i have been hacked i bet all my bitcoins that Vericoin Team wouldn't have moved a single finger . We had a few Vericoins , now heading on Bittrex to sold them all . This entire operation it's becoming shady . Oh sh*t can't dump ....bittrex has VRC disable .

Goverment - Bailouts Banks . Vericoin - Bailouts Mintpal Smiley

Wow, couldn't even get through the first paragraph of this article since it is very poorly written.  The grammar and spelling is horrible.  You call yourself an editor?  How do you expect people to read that garbage?  

What a retarded article...
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:00:57 PM

When a EXCHANGE is hacked and 40% of currency was stolen - you know that 40% of the value of the coin was for PUMP n DUMP

1+

lol look into the charts. from the first time, vrc never had a natural grow
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

That is is you want to have a guaranteed successful 51% attack...than 51% of the total coins STAKING....
barabbas you know that there are systems like PPC NOVA are using to prevent small amounts to make 51% attack
they are preventing it because of stake modyficators time stamps many  other combined solutions that only core coders understand not you...
At the end you have centralized CHECKPOINTs and no 51% attack is possible because of that...
POS system is not like just that you have 51%of stake and you will attack...
look how Nova is preventing 51% attack with having only 25% coins those technologies are known...
in fact when you have centralized checkpoint you are safe from 2x spend cause checkpoint servers will chose right chain for you...
Stop telling how you know POS while you are far away from tech aspects of case.
I am noob too but i know "a little more".

Tech info below ( BC in POS 2.0 pushed even further those security ... )

http://coinwiki.info/en/Novacoin
Stake generation issues
The main proof-of-stake design problem is that unlike proof-of-work hashing rate, stake weight could be used multiple times without any overhead. It allows potential attacker to repeat his attempts to generate consecutive stakes until he will get lucky enough. And there is high probability to success without holding large stake, 20–25% of total weight (not coins) will be more than enough. Attacker can retry his attempts to generate consecutive stakes 1,000, 50,000, or 1 million times without any problem, using the same outputs.[12][13]
This could be worked around using centralized check-pointing. Novacoin creators resolved this issue using balanced weighting scheme.[14]

Centralized check pointing
As PPCoin ideas descendant, Novacoin is not truly a decentralized currency as it still requires centralized check pointing to avoid several issues.[15] The Novacoin developer has announced however that this check pointing is only a temporary measure which will be removed once the currency grows sufficiently stable. The centralized checkpoints feature could be disabled manually using -nosynccheckpoints option for official client.

Blade, your post is so poorly written I don't understand a single thing you try to say (and, for once, they seem to be some interesting things being intended to be said there), so please try again. Give yourself a bit more time, maybe re-read and then post. I am not being sarcastinc, just read your post and you will see what I mean.

Besides that, it's difficult to understand why would you want me to "Stop telling how you know POS". I only post what I know and tech specs are not it. But I do know that if you control 51% of staking coins, you can perpetrate a 100% successful attack. And that if you have much less than 51% you still can perpetrate attacks that will eventually stand a good chance of being successful. If PPC or Nova have solutions for this, I don't know but I don't doubt it. What I read you posted seem, on first approach, for from an ideal solution -and not much different from rolling back actually-, but I may not "get" it completely...

In any case, you seem to want to avoid addressing the fact that someone or some group controlling 4.5 million (roughly 20% of total VRC and surely over 40, maybe even 50% of VRC STAKING poses a clear and present danger of a 51% attack, thefts and security failures at exchanges notwithstanding. I also would be quite interested in your personal opinion -if I can understand your answer, that is-, about the "generosity" towards VRC, and stake in it, of "Mr Boricua Man" for he played for quite a long time in YOUR field...Oh, and by the way, that field is on its way to extinction, as you are beginning to see now, so as an example to VRC, which is on the way up, up up and just starting, it simply cannot "work"/ Sorry for, as you know, I simply love the logo... but there's nothing else of any value there.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:03:02 PM

Volume on Mintpal is low for a weekday, for every coin.

Did everyone bail out of MP over the VRC thing?
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:03:27 PM

i don't get why hacker doesn't dump everywhere when the fork is announced

there is a good chance he traded most of the stolen coins or used it to purchase items at which point he gets to keep whatever he purchased and everyone gets their coins back... not cool.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

That is is you want to have a guaranteed successful 51% attack...than 51% of the total coins STAKING....
barabbas you know that there are systems like PPC NOVA are using to prevent small amounts to make 51% attack
they are preventing it because of stake modyficators time stamps many  other combined solutions that only core coders understand not you...
At the end you have centralized CHECKPOINTs and no 51% attack is possible because of that...
look how Nova is preventing 51% attack with having only 25% coins those technologies are known...
in fact when you have centralized checkpoint you are safe from 2x spend cause checkpoint servers will chose right chain for you...

Stake generation issues
The main proof-of-stake design problem is that unlike proof-of-work hashing rate, stake weight could be used multiple times without any overhead. It allows potential attacker to repeat his attempts to generate consecutive stakes until he will get lucky enough. And there is high probability to success without holding large stake, 20–25% of total weight (not coins) will be more than enough. Attacker can retry his attempts to generate consecutive stakes 1,000, 50,000, or 1 million times without any problem, using the same outputs.[12][13]
This could be worked around using centralized check-pointing. Novacoin creators resolved this issue using balanced weighting scheme.[14]

As PPCoin ideas descendant, Novacoin is not truly a decentralized currency as it still requires centralized check pointing to avoid several issues.[15] The Novacoin developer has announced however that this check pointing is only a temporary measure which will be removed once the currency grows sufficiently stable. The centralized checkpoints feature could be disabled manually using -nosynccheckpoints option for official client.

Blade, your post is so poorly written I don't understand a single thing you try to say (and, for once, they seem to be some interesting things being intended to be said there), so please try again. Give yourself a bit more time, maybe re-read and then post. I am not being sarcastinc, just read your post and you will see what I mean.

Besides that, it's difficult to understand why would you want me to "Stop telling how you know POS". I only post what I know and tech specs are not it. But I do know that if you control 51% of staking coins, you can perpetrate a 100% successful attack. And that if you have much less than 51% you still can perpetrate attacks that will eventually stand a good chance of being successful. If PPC or Nova have solutions for this, I don't know but I don't doubt it. What I read you posted seem, on first approach, for from an ideal solution -and not much different from rolling back actually-, but I may not "get" it completely...

In any case, you seem to want to avoid addressing the fact that someone or some group controlling 4.5 million (roughly 20% of total VRC and surely over 40, maybe even 50% of VRC STAKING poses a clear and present danger of a 51% attack, thefts and security failures at exchanges notwithstanding. I also would be quite interested in your personal opinion -if I can understand your answer, that is-, about the "generosity" towards VRC, and stake in it, of "Mr Boricua Man" for he played for quite a long time in YOUR field...Oh, and by the way, that field is on its way to extinction, as you are beginning to see now, so as an example to VRC, which is on the way up, up up and just starting, it simply cannot "work"/ Sorry for, as you know, I simply love the logo... but there's nothing else of any value there.

Please remember that Mintpal has stated officially that they don't mint POS coins.

Where does this large % come from?

Its only FUD, not FACT that you say in this case. and keep trying to go on. You are wrong on your principal, so stop before you continue on like its fact.

I see so many % symbols And I dont think 1 of them has any real meaning behind them other than being pulled out of air to make nice stories up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:04:53 PM

there is a good chance he traded most of the stolen coins or used it to purchase items at which point he gets to keep whatever he purchased and everyone gets their coins back... not cool.

Please, do research before filling posts with ridiculous content. Is that too much to ask for?

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:08:55 PM

I would, what coin is next ya know?

VRC saved every alt on that exchange, and all we get is trouble from the ones VRC saved.

Shows the true colors of the communities.

Guess who the ones are on the attack, all the anon coins that realize there market is already pumped and no more money goin into it longterm. They are mad that instead of there niche approach, VeriCoin goes mainstream and looks to have the momentum to really break out.

So what do they do? Attack, Its a sign of success. We just need to hold together through the waves of jealousy.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

http://strawpoll.me/2108265

its 72% now for fork

28% against

EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

Last time I checked was 1,2xx or something like that, quite normal, but let's see tomorrow.

Eth.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

Please, do research before filling posts with ridiculous content. Is that too much to ask for?

Don't open your mouth unless you know what your talking about...Veribit was disable when the attack happened, Veribit was not used to make any purchases with these stolen coins. Stolen coins never left the address they where sent to...only people getting back there coins are there rightfull owners. No merchant will be effected!

Now shut the fuck up and do some research...
pm1978

Activity: 201

stealthcoin.com

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:12:51 PM

I would, what coin is next ya know?

VRC saved every alt on that exchange, and all we get is trouble from the ones VRC saved.

Shows the true colors of the communities.

Guess who the ones are on the attack, all the anon coins that realize there market is already pumped and no more money goin into it longterm. They are mad that instead of there niche approach, VeriCoin goes mainstream and looks to have the momentum to really break out.

So what do they do? Attack, Its a sign of success. We just need to hold together through the waves of jealousy.

Sympathy is free, envy has to be earned!

STEALTHCOIN | XST | stealthcoin.com
BLOCKNET : THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS https://blocknet.co/ | A DECENTRALISED EXCHANGE THAT IS 100% TRUSTLESS.
ljm81

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

Hahaha, ok so basically this ann page has turn in to a load of babies crying cuz were still the best and the hack fail, get over it kiddy's we gained huge support from agreeing to do what we did, you aint seen nothing yet!!
IF its hurting that bad just let me know im sure i can cash out some of my vrc profit and buy you guys a box of dummies to help pacify your sorry asses.
Much love to my Veri fam,
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:14:22 PM

Stake generation issues

Please remember that Mintpal has stated officially that they don't mint POS coins.

Where does this large % come from?

Its only FUD, not FACT that you say in this case. and keep trying to go on. You are wrong on your principal, so stop before you continue on like its fact.

I see so many % symbols And I dont think 1 of them has any real meaning behind them other than being pulled out of air to make nice stories up.

You are quite confused at this point. That's why you just avoid thinking. It's ok. Things will sink in. Eventually.
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:15:13 PM

Don't open your mouth unless you know what your talking about...Veribit was disable when the attack happened, Veribit was not used to make any purchases with these stolen coins. Stolen coins never left the address they where sent to...only people getting back there coins are there rightfull owners. No merchant will be effected!

Now shut the fuck up and do some research...

Don't quote me but the idiot before, thanks.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: