Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

there is absolutely no demand for vrc, looking a little pitiful. am worried but i knew the risks, we all know that if any of us of dropped a few btc in the market, it would move the price up, most likely for a nano second, but i dare not test it.. hmm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
backdoorboy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

market depth is dire, mmm just cant work out whats happening
backdoorboy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:05:29 PM

i started as a believer in vrc, i traded it as i do with all coins. now after the mintpal event, i stayed on the sidelines to observe market reaction.
from my little knowledge of coin history, the roll back struck me as a major set of events that put to question the ideology of crytpo and how it will evolve. after a few days of mulling over the implications i was spurred to pick up near the bottom, which i pray will hold.. its great to see that the devs are active on this forum.. and as long as they i are i will continue to support vrc.
to be honest vrc feels like a gamble.. but thats the fun   
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:14:06 PM

Well interestingly I don't see much buying so the veripool must be waiting to buy with funds?   Which is a little strange because I would think the pool operators would buy if they knew something huge ( super secret ) was coming.

Then again I don't understand how the veripool works or have never used it so what I said above is just a  complete guess.  I could be 100% wrong.

Sure someone will say hey it is based on a trading algorithm or something... but who knows...

- Edit but then again 1% of the veripool is for the verifund ( from my understanding ) so that might now be a lot of firepower at all.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on.

Thanks for confirming, that was my point: there are many disappointed investors and community members, because they assumed your academic training come with less stubbornness, more flexibility and adaptability, and you are willing to react when your theme is not accepted by the market. Your theme is not good. It failed. The market don't like your theme and direction, that's why your coin is 9.5k as we speak and your volume is 7 BTC in Bittrex. The market has spoken, but you are not listening. I guess that's the arrogance of youth that Barrabas has pointed out. This community including me had been asking for weeks please consider blockchain 2 development, you just simply ignore it. I fully understand the implication of the undertaking such a massive development task - on the other hand as we can see 1-2 developers of other coins can role out blockchain 2 features. Many investors/community members hoped you are capable to pull out such development, it seems you are not, and therefore there are disappointed investors/community members - more importantly, there are no new investors.

To be frank, they aren't the same kind of coin by any stretch of the imagination. VIA/Ether/etc. started after the BTC developers requested 2.0 activities not be used on the chain as it was bloating it. VeriCoin is becoming a currency that is easy to use for everyone with utility. We are working on different types of things than VIA/ETHER/etc.

Technically speaking this is not true. I had a chat about it with some BTC developers on the other day. I heard again what they always say, actually they would be happy to see sensible blockchain 2 features e.g smart contracts on the BTC blockchain. All they did, as you know reduced the OP_RETURN output to 40 bytes to make the whole thing a bit sensible and avoid to implement dropbox type of apps on the blockchain. As I can see you do have OP_RETURN output on your source so nothing stopping you to implement blockchain 2 features. You are just not interested in that, you are working on same lame user name feature (which has nothing to dowith blockchain 2) and you are working on your mass worldwide adoption theme.

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

So i remember a few months back almost buying vrc at 2k sats, never did.

Is now the time to buy or....?

I haven't followed vrc at all really
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

if you leave out the MP hack followed by the rollback, VRC is still one of the best coins out there.

I mean our community is really big and on top active. There many people constantly submitting new ideas. Beside DRK I don't know any coin community which is so active. Even Litecoin is quiet compared to VRC.

We will see. The potential is still big, but it will take a lot of patience to get big.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
pnosker

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

Well interestingly I don't see much buying so the veripool must be waiting to buy with funds?   Which is a little strange because I would think the pool operators would buy if they knew something huge ( super secret ) was coming.

Then again I don't understand how the veripool works or have never used it so what I said above is just a  complete guess.  I could be 100% wrong.

Sure someone will say hey it is based on a trading algorithm or something... but who knows...

- Edit but then again 1% of the veripool is for the verifund ( from my understanding ) so that might now be a lot of firepower at all.

The hashrate on the VeriPool is enough for a few fractions of BTC buys per day unfortunately. It's just not much so it can't do much to the price right now.
We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on.

Thanks for confirming, that was my point: there are many disappointed investors and community members, because they assumed your academic training come with less stubbornness, more flexibility and adaptability, and you are willing to react when your theme is not accepted by the market. Your theme is not good. It failed. The market don't like your theme and direction, that's why your coin is 9.5k as we speak and your volume is 7 BTC in Bittrex. The market has spoken, but you are not listening. I guess that's the arrogance of youth that Barrabas has pointed out. This community including me had been asking for weeks please consider blockchain 2 development, you just simply ignore it. I fully understand the implication of the undertaking such a massive development task - on the other hand as we can see 1-2 developers of other coins can role out blockchain 2 features. Many investors/community members hoped you are capable to pull out such development, it seems you are not, and therefore there are disappointed investors/community members - more importantly, there are no new investors.

To be frank, they aren't the same kind of coin by any stretch of the imagination. VIA/Ether/etc. started after the BTC developers requested 2.0 activities not be used on the chain as it was bloating it. VeriCoin is becoming a currency that is easy to use for everyone with utility. We are working on different types of things than VIA/ETHER/etc.

Technically speaking this is not true. I had a chat about it with some BTC developers on the other day. I heard again what they always say, actually they would be happy to see sensible blockchain 2 features e.g smart contracts on the BTC blockchain. All they did, as you know reduced the OP_RETURN output to 40 bytes to make the whole thing a bit sensible and avoid to implement dropbox type of apps on the blockchain. As I can see you do have OP_RETURN output on your source so nothing stopping you to implement blockchain 2 features. You are just not interested in that, you are working on same lame user name feature (which has nothing to dowith blockchain 2) and you are working on your mass worldwide adoption theme.

David is working on some 2.0 features, but we think having the world using VeriCoin will be much more valuable than a few people using smart contracts now. We're also still working with a decentralized exchange/smart contracts system.

40 bytes is not very large... we could tweak it with a mandatory update, but blockchain bloat is a serious issue. By the way, blockchain 2.0 does include usernames.

Sorry you don't like the whole mass adoption theme. That was something we stated as a theme (and we aren't going to quit our goals there) from the get-go. And that's also why our first features were VeriSMS and VeriBit. Because they make things easier for others.

We don't want VeriCoin to be an "altcoin" but rather VeriCoin-- a coin people don't relate to altcoins because it's bigger than that.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
cammo12

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:34:15 PM

Technically speaking this is not true. I had a chat about it with some BTC developers on the other day. I heard again what they always say, actually they would be happy to see sensible blockchain 2 features e.g smart contracts on the BTC blockchain. All they did, as you know reduced the OP_RETURN output to 40 bytes to make the whole thing a bit sensible and avoid to implement dropbox type of apps on the blockchain. As I can see you do have OP_RETURN output on your source so nothing stopping you to implement blockchain 2 features. You are just not interested in that, you are working on same lame user name feature (which has nothing to dowith blockchain 2) and you are working on your mass worldwide adoption theme.

I'm getting so bored with all the shit you write. You've been on here for 10 hours staight, talking crap. Are you really that dull that you don't have a life?  Grow the fuck up.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:42:57 PM

I'm getting so bored with all the shit you write. You've been on here for 10 hours staight, talking crap. Are you really that dull that you don't have a life?  Grow the fuck up.

Fuck off you brainless cheerleader and find some better other activity than monitoring my posts. Get loss.
cammo12

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

Fuck off you brainless cheerleader and find some better other activity than monitoring my posts. Get loss.

I'm not monitoring your posts and I don't hold any VRC - I'm keeping update on news across crypto. But you seem to have writen close to 15,000 words on total tripe in this thread over the last day, like you just woke up and sat at your screen hitting refresh.Take a break, enjoy your friends, go grab a beer. This reall isn't that important.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:44 PM by yoshiwatusi

if you leave out the MP hack followed by the rollback, VRC is still one of the best coins out there.

I mean our community is really big and on top active. There many people constantly submitting new ideas. Beside DRK I don't know any coin community which is so active. Even Litecoin is quiet compared to VRC.

We will see. The potential is still big, but it will take a lot of patience to get big.

I'm down 75% - not wise enough to put stop loss.. but IMHO, this lower price makes it easier to convince new investors to buy in..and I have not lost faith price will rebound.. been in bitcoin for 2 years and have tried to convince friends and families and acquaintances but they still find it hard to use, and they still don't have the patience to learn it. I agree with the devs' goal to have this mass adopted and used first..and it is important not to lose sight of that.

Instead of bitching here which some do, i respectfully would suggest that you sell your vericoins and trade other cartel pump and dump coins.. you might achieve more happiness

EDIT: i put in 32 btc all in all and its down to 75% now and will continue supporting this community
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

I could never imagine that once the lead vericoin developer, one of the PhD students will say that the three vericoin devs are incapable to compete with viacoin's Peter Todd and btcdark. I mean, your CV and team profile indicate more than this. Even I thought you would be able to compete with Ethereum's Buterin and Gavin Wood. Your statement about Ethereum's millions is not quite correct - your brigade will believe what you say as everything you do and don't do trigger a standing ovation from the cheerleaders, but as I happened to work in the industry I understand the core piece of Ethereum has been developing for long, many code were written before the IPO by one developer Gavin Wood (three of you would have to compete with him). Right now they have millions, but it was a massive code base, the core software "proof of concept 5" were delivered by a very few guys, technically 2-3 persons (even the team has 40 people) before the big money arrived.

It's quite clear, many investors assumed the vericoin devs will be able to write a successful altcoin software, that means compete with other software developers in altcoin. Yes only three of you, without adding any new developers to the team. It was the first time in crypto that PhD and MS developer credentials were associated with a coin, and I am sure every one here assumed, with that credential you are well equipped to compete with Peter Todd, Buterin and other altcoin developers. Again, it's related with promises or implying a promising operation. You let us know about your CV and software development background and when you claim experience in your CV you imply that you are capable to do the work. It seems from your answer that you are not (because it seems three of you are not enough, no time, no skills or whatever reasons). It seems we have to accept that vericoin will never compete with viacoin, cloak, ethereum, etc.

We put our info out there so people would know that we are real people with an academic training. Not because we were trying to say "we're better than them" or the like. We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on. Our blockchain 2.0 scheme for implementing a username system in the blockchain (outside of a name server) is something David is focused on in addition to stealth addresses (it's all integrated), Doug is working on the new announcement tech as well as a new wallet UI. And as Doug mentioned in VRC Radio, I'm helping to coordinate as well as get the marketing/community members that have joined the VeriLeaders project together and focused on how to more properly address the community/world than we have been doing. It's all a complicated game we're playing. It's not as easy as any of us thought it would be. There are plenty of hiccups. We're learning a lot from this and it's going to make VeriCoin a better coin and it's going to make us better developers and better community members.

No you are not, that's a fallacy. Especially the "mass adoption" portion... as we all have seen in just a few days by not ENTHUSIASTICALLY SUPPORT the ONLY plan you guys will ever have handed to you to really provoke massive AWARENESS and subsequent "mass adoption" through World Vericoin Day... Oh, sorry, of course you know better. Of course you have better plans. Of course you are "working" in better things... BULL CRAP. Again.
Fact is you got nothing. Fact is that Verisend, as you put it and as I posted here many times, is a waste of time and resources. Fact is that Dave is "working" on copy/pasting Boxxa. Fact is that he cannot even get the multipool working straight -and plese don't let me enter the multipool subject which is yet another can of worms on a different level-. Fact is that you don't have an strategy, a roadmap to get anywhere near mass adoption and that Doug doesn't know how to get the freaking wallets working decently... Peculiarly -and there's irony in that- the Windows one is the one still not working properly in spite of having a Microsoft employee on board as developer. Ironic indeed.

"There are plenty of hiccups...", what did you expect? And hiccups in what? You put the hiccups in the context of the strategies... when there's no strategy whatsoever. Oh yes, "mass adoption", the holy grail of crypto, is going to happen by... what exactly? What is your plan? Are you going to give Doug's paper to Joe Sixpack in Middle America, Kenya or Sebastopol and you expect they will "adopt"? Or you plan in catching that "mass adoption" with more presence in Bitcoin conferences (mind you, VeriCoin MUST be present in those, but not as part of any "mass adoption" strategy) and Pizza-parties at Bitcoin Centre?

It is very good indeed that you admit the shortcomings. It will be much, much better if you just cut the arrogance altogether, like 200 notches or more and fully admit that you have no idea whatsoever as to how to progress towards mass adoption. And start cleaning house before inviting anyone over: By making a DECENT website (this is not an enterprise, it will take a few minutes) where REGULAR people can get clear and simple information of what Vericoin is and aspires to be, so when they hit "merchants", for instance, don't find a blank page. Or read through Doug's paper and commit suicide by boredom after the first five paragraphs. Or go though the explanations of the "features" without understanding a single word of what those can do for them. That would be a very good first -second, after dropping the arrogance completely- step that should be followed by many more, like asking not of the idiotic band of cheerleaders but from those with the knowledge, experience and general wherewithal for HELP in devising -first- and implementing, second, the strategy to reach "mass adoption".

Losers in any part of the world, either self-described or obvious, cannot be of much help, can they? If someone is unemployed, usually there's a good reason behind that, isn't there? Start by yourselves, the devs, what the heck do you guys bring to the table, in terms of strategies and marketing... and yes, I take it that you have by now come down and left the high horse far away before you make that evaluation. There's capable -or was-, talented people in the community that has offered all kind of help. Some still do. People with skills, knowledge, experience... not just pipe dreams and good will. They will work with you, but you have to ask nicely. And support them enthusiastically. Understand?
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:59:18 PM

Why are people so upset about the an announcement? I am just as "wanting to know" as everyone else but not going to blow my top about it. Jeez... I feel like its ESPN waiting on LeBron to make up his mind. Announcements/release dates are late all the time in the world. How many of you have bought software or a game that was pushed out due to a "date" just to find out you got crap... maybe in a few weeks you get the update that might get it right.

@ devs - take your time but get it right.

Everyone that owns or believes in Vericoin KNOWS more hurt can be done by rushing something than getting it right with patients!!! RIGHT?Huh? Agreed?

Give the devs a break. They are very involved in the community and are not going to stop pay bills or not feed there family to make the Vericoin community happy. Everyone take a breather and chill. I am in it for the long term and will wait. Pages and pages of crap helps no one. If you are mad about the price then guess what? All crypto is a risk even the great Bitcoin. You put your big boy pants on when you decided to buy/mine/invest then keep those big boy pants on for awhile. I was fortunate enough to take a risk and buy btc when it was considered cheap but I am not going to be made cause I didn't sell it at $1,000. I am satisfied with what I have. If some of you guys are going to cry and complain every minute the you are either a FUDDER or you shouldn't be investing into something like crypto.

Now please either support the devs, sell to get the hellz out or just simply shut your pie wholes.

GaliX

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:00:41 PM

Technically speaking this is not true. I had a chat about it with some BTC developers on the other day. I heard again what they always say, actually they would be happy to see sensible blockchain 2 features e.g smart contracts on the BTC blockchain. All they did, as you know reduced the OP_RETURN output to 40 bytes to make the whole thing a bit sensible and avoid to implement dropbox type of apps on the blockchain. As I can see you do have OP_RETURN output on your source so nothing stopping you to implement blockchain 2 features. You are just not interested in that, you are working on same lame user name feature (which has nothing to dowith blockchain 2) and you are working on your mass worldwide adoption theme.

David is working on some 2.0 features, but we think having the world using VeriCoin will be much more valuable than a few people using smart contracts now. We're also still working with a decentralized exchange/smart contracts system.

40 bytes is not very large... we could tweak it with a mandatory update, but blockchain bloat is a serious issue. By the way, blockchain 2.0 does include usernames.

Sorry you don't like the whole mass adoption theme. That was something we stated as a theme (and we aren't going to quit our goals there) from the get-go. And that's also why our first features were VeriSMS and VeriBit. Because they make things easier for others.

We don't want VeriCoin to be an "altcoin" but rather VeriCoin-- a coin people don't relate to altcoins because it's bigger than that.
[/quote]

I understand what you guys want to achieve and make Vericoin something that is a payment system.

But we should at discuss which way VRC will take.
It smart to say we don't want to be another coin beside BTC and LTC just be VRC.

important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption.

But I don't see VRC becoming accepted by the public/Merchants as a payment. VRC will bite their teethes out if they want to compete with BTC / LTC / Dodgecoin even DRK. They all want to become ease to use and mass adopted. In the end Innovation doesn't make it currently more attractive for merchants because the standard coins are already much more wide spread ,known and just work fine for as a currency.

We have to think about other ways to become widespread by supporting BTC as a payment and provide services that are unique and not possible with bitcoin.
-I see that VeriSMS took a lot of time to work, but it's hard to use (Nobody wants to write a Wallet address in an SMS) on top Bitcoin has this implementation already: Coinbase Blockchain.info or even 37Coins.
- New wallet UI is nice and helps a lot to get new users the use them. But in the end there is still no lite Wallet is needed.
- Smart Contracts are also great, but  Ethereum will be the prime predator when it comes to this. They are not just creating a blockchain 2 but also active regarding legal issues and so on.

In my eyes Vericoin has currently PoS + VerBit as a special.

a decentralized exchange based on the Blockchain combined with Veribank could become a golden Egg.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:02:53 PM

I'm down 75% - not wise enough to put stop loss.. but IMHO, this lower price makes it easier to convince new investors to buy in..and I have not lost faith price will rebound.. been in bitcoin for 2 years and have tried to convince friends and families and acquaintances but they still find it hard to use, and they still don't have the patience to learn it. I agree with the devs' goal to have this mass adopted and used first..and it is important not to lose sight of that.

Instead of bitching here which some do, i respectfully would suggest that you sell your vericoins and trade other cartel pump and dump coins.. you might achieve more happiness

EDIT: i put in 32 btc all in all and its down to 75% now

So you have now what's worth 8 BTC or you have what's worth 24 BTC?

Either way yoshi, common sense, a very, very elemental one, would dictate that you are not equipped to give advice to anyone... on anything?

I bet those friends and family would pay much more attention to what you say and make much bigger efforts is instead of losing 75% of what you put in, you would have doubled your initial investment a couple times. Makes sense, doesn't it?
H4Y35

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:07:17 PM

I'm not monitoring your posts and I don't hold any VRC - I'm keeping update on news across crypto. But you seem to have writen close to 15,000 words on total tripe in this thread over the last day, like you just woke up and sat at your screen hitting refresh.Take a break, enjoy your friends, go grab a beer. This reall isn't that important.

I agree, its like these guys are writing dissertations for their degrees.
Paragraphs of total drivel, they complain about people 'cheerleading', yet what they do is embarrassing.

GaliX

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:16:16 PM

Paragraphs of total drivel, they complain about people 'cheerleading', yet what they do is embarrassing.

I also Agree. We need a channel for normal people to informations from what is being discussed and so on. It just consumes too much time to follow everything here.

spawny57

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:16:27 PM

Couldn't stop laughing. Totally true !

"Constructive critisism" ? LOL. Get lost, with all your words Wink
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:17:01 PM

EDIT: i put in 32 btc all in all and its down to 75% now

So you have now what's worth 8 BTC or you have what's worth 24 BTC?

Either way yoshi, common sense, a very, very elemental one, would dictate that you are not equipped to give advice to anyone... on anything?

I bet those friends and family would pay much more attention to what you say and make much bigger efforts is instead of losing 75% of what you put in, you would have doubled your initial investment a couple times. Makes sense, doesn't it?

you are correct on the 2nd part, i did not plan for the coin to be hacked and allowed myself to love a coin which i should not do. what you are not aware of is that i bought $5000 bitcoin when it was $50-$70, sold half at the peak. i guess that earns me a bit of credibility. vericoin, like bitcoin has gone thru a lot of ups and down on the way to where it is now
Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: