Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:02:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 01:45:14 PM

@DEVS: The community has been asking for the FORUM button on the wallet to lead to a moderated thread. Is it possible to provide this? Thanks.

We are going to do this so that there can be a non-combative, non-vulgar link in the wallet for the average person. We do intend to keep this thread as well so that there is an unmoderated place to speak freely as well. The thing is we can't convince "Aunt Emma" to use digitalcurrency and then lead her to stumble on massive repetitive and sometimes vulgar fudding at times and is quickly turned off for good.

I may even suggest a link to a support section of the VeriTalk Forum. Perhaps call it "Support", "New to VeriCoin" or the generic "Forum" is fine to. Perhaps pull a dropdown menu up off of the forum, and give them a choice on where to go. A place where a moderator can help people in a reasonable amount of time. You have community members who have shown they are more than willing to give time to help others in the past. This small attention to detail across the board would solidify the brand and make sense to people new to virtual currencies.

What doesn't make sense to everyday people is looking at roadmaps of what vericoin is, and then looking for all the features that they expect to be out, and polished. Only to find that these big deals at the time turned out to be several rushed, premature projects that, once launched failed to meet every basic objective they set out to have. To this day they are not complete, embarrassingly so.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

@DEVS: The community has been asking for the FORUM button on the wallet to lead to a moderated thread. Is it possible to provide this? Thanks.

We are going to do this so that there can be a non-combative, non-vulgar link in the wallet for the average person. We do intend to keep this thread as well so that there is an unmoderated place to speak freely as well. The thing is we can't convince "Aunt Emma" to use digitalcurrency and then lead her to stumble on massive repetitive and sometimes vulgar fudding at times and is quickly turned off for good.

You are trying to con "aunt Emma" to pay to banks abd conventional credit cards , plus other intermediaries more fees than she would pay using her regular credit card. Shameful. You should be ashamed of yourself. Thst's not only grossly vulgar, it is actually fraudulent -since it is not disclosed- and will be illegal too when regulation arrives.

It is also quite pathetic. You guys should learn that most often than not when you open your mouth you shoot yourself in the foot and hurt the project but intead keep doing it over and over again.
Aunt Emma knows,  by the way, even though she doesnt read forums or has a tweeter account. Just like everyone else.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:22:20 PM

I may even suggest a link to a support section of the VeriTalk Forum. Perhaps call it "Support", "New to VeriCoin" or the generic "Forum" is fine to. Perhaps pull a dropdown menu up off of the forum, and give them a choice on where to go. A place where a moderator can help people in a reasonable amount of time. You have community members who have shown they are more than willing to give time to help others in the past. This small attention to detail across the board would solidify the brand and make sense to people new to virtual currencies.

What doesn't make sense to everyday people is looking at roadmaps of what vericoin is, and then looking for all the features that they expect to be out, and polished. Only to find that these big deals at the time turned out to be several rushed, premature projects that, once launched failed to meet every basic objective they set out to have. To this day they are not complete, embarrassingly so.

Good suggestion regarding forum link.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing that was released unfinished was the fiat feature. This was a misstep I agree. However VeriSMS, VeriBit, VeriSend and variable interest are done, were well tested and are used in practice.

Our current roadmap is on track and reflects the new fiat feature, as well as everything else we are working on.
This leads us to the two biggest problems in crypto. Being able to easily buy it and spend it.

VeriBit solves the spending problem mostly for within crypto usage. This is key. However getting the regular non crypto person to spend is still a challenge. Therefore we will have an optional service for spending VeriCoin with a visa card.

Regarding the cozying up with banking system argument. Let those who do not cash out their crypto into the banking system throw the first stone. This just makes that process easier.

This is how it is and we can move forward faster by utilizing it optionally.

In this context new people can say I get how to use it, now lets start earning interest. Users and demand is what we need more than anything.

Regarding the card there is not too much I can divulge until Coinsis does. However I appreciate the constructive criticisms. I will answer anything I am at liberty to. Though I do not have time to read every single forum post and still be on track with the roadmap.

zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

It's time to give up Barrabas! I agree every single word of your last shorter and previous longer posts, but the developer boys are clearly not interested in the direction you suggest. It make lot of sense what you and Buy4Crypto write, no wonder EffectsToCause doesn't listen  Grin
You are a wise and intelligent man, not a good fit here, go to to set-up your own coin, you will be rich.
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:08:20 PM

PS: We do want to leave behind these stupid idiots posting novels.

Am I the idiot you are referring to? Yes a link to this forum is bad business. It is only that, because it is bad for the BRAND. This is a very relevant place, just not to be tieing it to the brand of vericoin through linking it directly from the wallet. At that point you cannot discredit anything said on this forum as it is the OFFICIAL public forum.

These are many of the minor details the community has been asking demanding our devs fix. Mining pool, Veri-Fiat, and every other promise, half launch, and failure in recent months. They cannot find time to make these changes, yet are off negotiating weeks at a time for something that, if we are being honest, every coin will have soon, maybe even sooner than if/when coinsis releases. I remember sharmbeck.. oh being a money transmitter isn't easy in the USA! Ask coinbase who just started alienating customers to protect themselves from US law, and rightfully so! So I have a lot of questions about the deal, if Coinsis is even able to fufill any, and all legal requirements that they may incur in any local juridiction that may bring suit against a Coinsis customer.

This may be a significant step back for vericoin. I am in NY, will I be able to use the card, if so, will I be a money launderer? This was IMO at face value, a bad deal. But I cannot say that until I have the facts from developers. This very well may be a self inflicted kill shot by our devs trying to go "mainstream" but having no clue how to get there! I cannot tell, and apparently, any information relating to the deal nobody else is privy to accept the developers and the person who just made up a company and is promising you a card in the future. Does it sound familiar? Sure does. If coinsis had a product today, ready for testing, I would be all for this. But instead, its developers selling you a "tangable" promise.

You know how many people are trying to take down vericoin? MP hack, DDOS attacks. You don't think they would try 1 upping our devs, and stringing them along because they know these guys are in way over there head in regards to any business matter? These guys are to vulnerable, they should develop and thats it. Leave the talking / PR to a capable person, they are not capable of doing everything. Maybe I was to nice before, I should be more blunt. They need help.

Anyways. I wanted to find out about the deal, to protect vericoin. If I'm a stupid idiot for doing so, so be it. I am able to see things clearly, capably, and this might be scary to people realizing that they put money in the hands of incapable people, no matter if they are "good guys" Incapable people do not overcome the flaws they have. If they would fill the weakness, with strength from the community, They would be much more capable developers.

By trying to be everything to everyone, they have become a mess, and are currently misguiding the brand with more promises. They could bunker down, and plug holes in the ship. Instead, they keep going out to sea, further and further with a leaky boat, makes no sense.

Thanks for trying hard to move the coin forward. I hope you will be listened.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing that was released unfinished was the fiat feature. This was a misstep I agree. However VeriSMS, VeriBit, VeriSend and variable interest are done, were well tested and are used in practice.

Our current roadmap is on track and reflects the new fiat feature, as well as everything else we are working on.
This leads us to the two biggest problems in crypto. Being able to easily buy it and spend it.

VeriBit solves the spending problem mostly for within crypto usage. This is key. However getting the regular non crypto person to spend is still a challenge. Therefore we will have an optional service for spending VeriCoin with a visa card.

Regarding the cozying up with banking system argument. Let those who do not cash out their crypto into the banking system throw the first stone. This just makes that process easier.

In this context new people can say I get how to use it, now lets start earning interest. Users and demand is what we need more than anything.

Regarding the card there is not too much I can divulge until Coinsis does. However I appreciate the constructive criticisms. I will answer anything I am at liberty to. Though I do not have time to read every single forum post and still be on track with the roadmap.

[And they dropped their rocks, and split.]

VeriCoin is about ease of access/use for digital currency.  To play devil's advocate, this is great for Aunt Alice, but why would she want digital currency to begin with?  Unless it provides a better return on savings and investing than her fiat currency, she has no impetus to acquire digital currency.  Bitcoin dose not earn interest, and Aunt Alice is not about to start a mining operation.  VeriCoin is the leader in solving all these issues with: VeriBit, VeriSend, VeriCard and VeriBank.  And there's more to come...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:14:38 PM

Yes a link to this forum is bad business.

Period. End.
agreed we need a moderated forum or a specific one like mentioned for invites only ,and leave this forum the way it is ,let barabbas talk to his only buddy alone.. i literally scroll right past his books..essays wtv u want to call them .. those aren't productive posts they are clear sabotage .. they put a lot of time into it...and even if they did have any good input at this time after how they act no one in this community even wants them involved.. there are good serious people doing great things for this coin..barabbas and his little posse are completely useless.. were at a point with vericoin where we can have a serious place of productive discussions ...

But you added absolutely nothing to the discussion, brought zero value to the table so far  Shocked    95% of your posts are the variations of  "+1", "+10" or "+100", nothing else  Grin
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:17:51 PM

You don't understand it and this credit card isn't going to move the coin forward - as you can see that clearly from depressed market reaction. This VISA card will be used by only bag holders and fanboys, maximum 100 users worldwide. The delusional worldwide mass adoption theme will be not progressing with this card.

The worldwide mass adoption theme would benefit more from an agreement with the Massai tribe in Kenya to use vericoin in goat trade - that's how lame this credit card idea is.

That's a good idea  Grin  it would be a great PR stuff.
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

[And they dropped their rocks, and split.]

VeriCoin is about ease of access/use for digital currency.  To play devil's advocate, this is great for Aunt Alice, but why would she want digital currency to begin with?  Unless it provides a better return on savings and investing than her fiat currency, she has no impetus to acquire digital currency.  Bitcoin dose not earn interest, and Aunt Alice is not about to start a mining operation.  VeriCoin is the leader in solving all these issues with: VeriBit, VeriSend, VeriCard and VeriBank.  And there's more to come...

Is Aunt Alice single? I am old too and looking for a nice, rich lady.  Grin   Lets con her together, once we have her money we will find other rich old lady and get her money too. We get them to buy blackcoin, syscoin, vericoind. All kind of scam altcoins will do the job.
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:32:45 PM

It's time to give up Barrabas! I agree every single word of your last shorter and previous longer posts, but the developer boys are clearly not interested in the direction you suggest. It make lot of sense what you and Buy4Crypto write, no wonder EffectsToCause doesn't listen  Grin
You are a wise and intelligent man, not a good fit here, go to to set-up your own coin, you will be rich.

I firmly believe Barrabas is intelligent and filled with energy. (wish i could get him to calm down to focus that energy in a positive way  Roll Eyes)

If you can somehow develop the patience to sift through his books Cheesy you will find some decent points. Then there are times I just stand back in awe at some of the harsh things he pumps out.

In any environment or relationship whether in business or personal that type of behavior will not fly. You can't insult people and think they will listen. You can't yell or put them down. People will grow resentful and will ditch or ignore you.

For me it's simple, I welcome the criticism, I work in advertising and I am accustomed to it (everyone is a critic or seem to have some creative opinion) which is fine, as long as they can do it in a professional positive manner. Leave your ego at the door.

A solution to this mess: 80 / 20  -  a practice i use professionally as well. Focus 80% of your energy on the solution 20% on the issue.

I don't see the need to write all these long speech, then repeat them like a broken record. If you have an idea that you think can help elevate this coin, simple PM the devs or write a brief statement.
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

It's time to give up Barrabas! I agree every single word of your last shorter and previous longer posts, but the developer boys are clearly not interested in the direction you suggest. It make lot of sense what you and Buy4Crypto write, no wonder EffectsToCause doesn't listen  Grin

In any environment or relationship whether in business or personal that type of behavior will not fly. You can't insult people and think they will listen. You can't yell or put them down. People will grow resentful and will ditch or ignore you.

Very wise words as well! Generally I have to agree with you, but that's not so black & white. Companies don't fire the problem solver, productive, geek, intelligent guy even he pisses off everyone in the office, the productive one is there because we put up with his rudeness and directness. We are practical and interested in results. He, the rude productive delivers while the nice guys don't. Barrabas is the same, most of the time he is rude but who cares, what he says make sense, he points out the problems and suggests solutions.
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:59:57 PM by zsp

Don't you see the price, the many signs that point out what you do don't work? Listen Barrabas and others, it's not too late for a fresh start.
gwedo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:10:56 PM

Very wise words as well! Generally I have to agree with you, but that's not so black & white. Companies don't fire the problem solver, productive, geek, intelligent guy even he pisses off everyone in the office, the productive one is there because we put up with his rudeness and directness. We are practical and interested in results. He, the rude productive delivers while the nice guys don't. Barrabas is the same, most of the time he is rude but who cares, what he says make sense, he points out the problems and suggests solutions.

Developers are active, coin is very good but I was buying at 38,900 and then again on 34,500, spend all my BTC and I thought it will be soon at 100,000 but then came that hack of mintpal and it ruined it all... do you think we will ever be back so high or should I sell all my investition?

Hello world
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:38:39 PM

From the bitcoin mining article on CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/gold-rush-arms-race-bitcoin-mining-north/

"While many areas of the globe offer competitive costs and infrastructure, the Arctic is unique because the nations there actively seek business from bitcoin companies."

This is yet another reason VeriCoin (POS) will succeed. The effects on the environment from large scale bitcoin mining operations in the arctic circle are unknown. The heat has to go somewhere.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

Developers are active, coin is very good but I was buying at 38,900 and then again on 34,500, spend all my BTC and I thought it will be soon at 100,000 but then came that hack of mintpal and it ruined it all... do you think we will ever be back so high or should I sell all my investition?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)  That's what the devs boy do  Cheesy   repeating the mistakes and don't listen the wise supporters like Barrabas and Buy4Crypto.

Wait for 2-3 weeks, if nothing has changed here by then and the dev boys still so sure that what they do is all right then sell vericoin.

Sorry to hear your investment hasn't worked out. Many investors lost money with vericoin.

ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:06:53 PM

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)  That's what the devs boy do  Cheesy   repeating the mistakes and don't listen the wise supporters like Barrabas and Buy4Crypto.

Wait for 2-3 weeks, if nothing has changed here by then and the dev boys still so sure that what they do is all right then sell vericoin.

Sorry to hear your investment hasn't worked out. Many investors lost money with vericoin.

Hey asshole... Do you hold VRC? NO? Then fuck off little insignificant piece of shit

troicho

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:17:31 PM

All I see lately is one man left from the dev team - effectsToCause. He is now the frontman of the team. Patrick disappeared somewhere, not in touch with community anymore. I even suppose he had sold his stash already.
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

All I see lately is one man left from the dev team - effectsToCause. He is now the frontman of the team. Patrick disappeared somewhere, not in touch with community anymore. I even suppose he had sold his stash already.

Bullshit, he posted here yesterday. Do your research correctly before fudding idiot
troicho

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:22:22 PM

Bullshit, he posted here yesterday. Do your research correctly before fudding idiot

Is it so hard to accept the truth, fucking retard?
zsp

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:31:24 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 06:12:49 PM by zsp

Is it so hard to accept the truth, fucking retard?

You can see from his post, he is the man of significance as he implied it above :-) That's why this this coin struggles and the price is 10k: retards and idiots like this 70 IQ ofp took over the place. The real supporters and investors left long time ago. The volume at the exchanges speaks for itself. 15 loud cheerboys clap for the devs and wise men like Barrabas is ignored. Lets hope the direction change.  
Pages: « 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: