Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701435 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:26:27 AM

I can't find any info on how to configure my cards separately -- I don't want my 1060s running the same algo as the 1080s, for example. Is this not supported?

You will need to setup two managed miners, one for each set of cards.  Then you will have to select mining software that lets you include or exclude specific GPUs... like Claymore's.  So on one manage miner, you have it run the mining software only using the 1060s, and on the other, you set it to only mine with the 1080s.  It's a complex setup, but it is doable.  The key is that the mining software has to allow you to include or exclude GPUs.

SuperPants321

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:28:13 AM

Hello, I'm very brand new to the world of mining and even newer to awesome miner. I've moved here from the sad burning pile of ashes that is Nicehash =(

I've managed to figure out how to mine ETN from easyhash.io and its going decently but I'd like to learn more! I didn't configure anything and just put in the necessary info and just let it run. Are there any guides/tricks to tweak it a bit to run more efficiently/better? (not exactly sure if this is the best or something else would be more profitable?)

Also I managed to learn the managed miner thing but wasn't sure of the managed profit miner aspect of it. Basically it switches between different pools right? I don't know why it wouldn't work. Do I need to set some stuff up first (wallets, sign up to something?, verify some stuff?)?

Thanks guys!
First of all, Welcome!

Nice that you have a setup running. The Managed Profit Miner will automatically change mining software, algorithm and pool based on what is currently most profitable. You will find it described in more detail here:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx.

Although you can use your own pools in the profit switcher, many people simply enter their Bitcoin address for some of the built-in pools and no additional configuration is required. Please keep in mind that Awesome Miner itself is not a mining pool and that all payouts will be from the pools you enable for the profit switcher.

One more question though. I was mining ETN and it calculated total per day at around 10 dollars. Its been running for about 18 hours and its only about 4 dollars without much fluctuation of the price of ETN. Is that normal?

The ETN calculators grossly over estimate profit, especially depending on what pool you are on.  The only pools I have found that pay close to calculated are Suprnova, HashVault, and Nanopool.   This over estimation is why WhatToMine recently took ETN off their site for a few days and have since applied a "bad luck" factor ("bad luck" is another name for poorly run pools or scam pools).

I noticed the inaccurate ETN calculations too. I changed ETN profitability to 0.67, and now it matched WTM a lot closer.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 07:32:55 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 07:44:13 AM by patrike

Patrike,

Can you check out the code in Awesome Miner for a bug.

Some new users have joined zpool, used a bitcoin wallet (BTC), but in the wallet (stats page) at zpool it's set as BCH.

Awesome Miner is not doing anything for this scenario and simply assuming that zpool will go for BTC if nothing is specified explicitly. Awesome Miner do not specify payout coin at all, so this must be investigated from a zpool point of view.

The zpool instructions have always been a bit unclear on this.

-o stratum+tcp://<algo>.mine.zpool.ca:<PORT> -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> [-p c=<SYMBOL>,<OPTIONS>]
<WALLET_ADDRESS> must be a valid address. Incorrect addresses will result in forfit of earning.
You can also use any valid wallet address from any of the coins we mine. This feature has had minimal testing so use at your own risk

Awesome Miner is setting the Bitcoin wallet address the user specified. I interpret that you can specify any coin for payout, but that specifying like that is "at your own risk". For that reason, Awesome Miner is not specifying this "c=" parameter. In the past zpool always went for Bitcoin payouts in that scenario.

You can still configure Awesome Miner to add this parameter if you want (via Options dialog, Online Services, modify the zpool entries and add command line "-p c=ABC" or similar).

Further reading on zpool instructions:
c=<SYMBOL> doesn't always work
This is yet another reason why Awesome Miner isn't trying to set this parameter at all.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 07:46:34 AM

Hello, I'm very brand new to the world of mining and even newer to awesome miner. I've moved here from the sad burning pile of ashes that is Nicehash =(

I've managed to figure out how to mine ETN from easyhash.io and its going decently but I'd like to learn more! I didn't configure anything and just put in the necessary info and just let it run. Are there any guides/tricks to tweak it a bit to run more efficiently/better? (not exactly sure if this is the best or something else would be more profitable?)

Also I managed to learn the managed miner thing but wasn't sure of the managed profit miner aspect of it. Basically it switches between different pools right? I don't know why it wouldn't work. Do I need to set some stuff up first (wallets, sign up to something?, verify some stuff?)?

Thanks guys!
First of all, Welcome!

Nice that you have a setup running. The Managed Profit Miner will automatically change mining software, algorithm and pool based on what is currently most profitable. You will find it described in more detail here:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx.

Although you can use your own pools in the profit switcher, many people simply enter their Bitcoin address for some of the built-in pools and no additional configuration is required. Please keep in mind that Awesome Miner itself is not a mining pool and that all payouts will be from the pools you enable for the profit switcher.

One more question though. I was mining ETN and it calculated total per day at around 10 dollars. Its been running for about 18 hours and its only about 4 dollars without much fluctuation of the price of ETN. Is that normal?

The ETN calculators grossly over estimate profit, especially depending on what pool you are on.  The only pools I have found that pay close to calculated are Suprnova, HashVault, and Nanopool.   This over estimation is why WhatToMine recently took ETN off their site for a few days and have since applied a "bad luck" factor ("bad luck" is another name for poorly run pools or scam pools).

I noticed the inaccurate ETN calculations too. I changed ETN profitability to 0.67, and now it matched WTM a lot closer.
There is no automatic way for Awesome Miner to know about the "bad luck". Manually changing it like you did is probably the best solution.

The API information from WhatToMine do include some "poolfee" property, but isn't represented as a percentage that Awesome Miner automatically can use for calculations.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
UpWind

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:02:14 AM

Hello all, I few questions about pools and setup of AwesomeMiner. Running eight 1080ti and a 1060.

1. Which option most people select  on Options/Statistics/Statistic Settings, Current or 24 hour average?

2. I had hashrefinery and zpool enabled. My rig worked to hasrefinery and after 12 hours from initial start, while software showing a lot of profits, I have collected around 3-4 usd then I disabled hashrefinery. What I am missing in here?

3. After disabling all pools but zpool, Awesome miner currently selected neoscrypt but many times in "pool status" at zpool, equihash signed as "hot". Why its not switching to equihash?

Please forgive me if these are simple questions, but I am trying to catch the logic to success with multi algo miner.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

Here's a possible issue:  why can't I edit the "Add to worker name" field on a template (under General->Mining Pool)?  I am using a built-in miner and and have selected a pool.  I can edit the field ok on the managed miner's properties with the same other settings.

In most cases, the templates are used to apply the same settings to a large number of miners. In most cases, you don't want to override the "Add to worker name" that is unique per Managed Miner. You just want to apply all other settings to the miners. That's the reason why it's not part of the template.

gordesky1

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:49:16 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 09:36:10 AM by gordesky1

How do i change intensity?   I tried it in device profiles but it never takes affect unless im doing it wrong?

Gpu still mining at 20.0.

Usely i like too turn it down some so i can game a bit lol

<<<<<< miss nice hash was easy too do..

i see intensity button in the gpu tab but its blank out?

hopefully changeing the intensity is not a paid feature sense that would be stupid...
smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

Hi guys,

I'm getting this issue as well, Cast XMR is listed on the Managed Software section but not selectable within the Profit Profiles

Thanks

Awesome Miner version 4.2.4

- Cast XMR miner supported as Managed Miner
- New settings for wait time before terminating mining software and delay for auto starting miners on bootup
- Command line and custom exe-file configurable per Managed Profit Miner
- "Remove miner" added to context menu in miner list
- South African Rand added as display currency
- E-mail configuration includes a button for sending a test message
- Disabled Blake2b (sia) on Ccminer
- Correction to Wallet balance list
- Correction to benchmarking
I love you patrike thanks so much for this update

I just have one question, I see cast-xmr in "managed miners" but I can't select it in my profit profiles, how do I make my miners use it for cryptonight?
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:24:01 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 10:47:42 AM by textb0ok

You were correct STSMiner.... After changing the switching interval and the profit switching threshold, I am now seeing what I consider normal functionality.

_________

New Question:

Are any you using zpool and noticing you are not getting paid anywhere close to what Awesome Miner is saying you are earning?

I mined all day and night with my test rig, and Awesome Miner was reporting a profit from $6/day to $18/day....

But on the zpool wallet page, it shows I have earned $3 in bitcoin.  Huh
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:24:34 PM

Hi guys,

I'm getting this issue as well, Cast XMR is listed on the Managed Software section but not selectable within the Profit Profiles

Thanks

- New settings for wait time before terminating mining software and delay for auto starting miners on bootup

I just have one question, I see cast-xmr in "managed miners" but I can't select it in my profit profiles, how do I make my miners use it for cryptonight?
Cast XMR was introduced as a Managed Miner, but not yet listed as an option for Profit switching. I was hoping to get some feedback on the Cast XMR implementation made so far before I make it available for profit switching as well - because then much more people will start using it.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:26:33 PM

You were correct STSMiner.... After changing the switching interval and the profit switching threshold, I am now seeing what I consider normal functionality.

_________

New Question:

Are any you using zpool and noticing you are not getting paid anywhere close to what Awesome Miner is saying you are earning?

I mined all day and night with my test rig, and Awesome Miner was reporting a profit from $6/day to $18/day....

But on the zpool wallet page, it shows I have earned $3 in bitcoin.  Huh
All the profit estimates displayed in Awesome Miner is based on what zpool reports, and should be similar as their predictions on their web site. Awesome Miner will by default use the current profit information from all the sources above, but it may be more accurate if you change to the 24 h average:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:29:18 PM

hi patrike,

any new regarding this post some sites ago?  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg25707465#msg25707465
Go to Options dialog, Advanced section and increase "Miner API connection timeout". By default, if your Antminer isn't responding within 3s that it's in privileged mode for example, it's considered not to be. On fast/stable networks this shouldn't be a problem, but on slower connections I recommend to increase the timeout.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:34:23 PM

Hello all, I few questions about pools and setup of AwesomeMiner. Running eight 1080ti and a 1060.

1. Which option most people select  on Options/Statistics/Statistic Settings, Current or 24 hour average?

2. I had hashrefinery and zpool enabled. My rig worked to hasrefinery and after 12 hours from initial start, while software showing a lot of profits, I have collected around 3-4 usd then I disabled hashrefinery. What I am missing in here?

3. After disabling all pools but zpool, Awesome miner currently selected neoscrypt but many times in "pool status" at zpool, equihash signed as "hot". Why its not switching to equihash?

Please forgive me if these are simple questions, but I am trying to catch the logic to success with multi algo miner.
1) I will let other share their opinions about it. You may get a little more stable predictions with 24h

2) Probably the same answer as I gave to a similar question. All the profit estimates displayed in Awesome Miner is based on what the pool reports, and should be similar as their predictions on their web site. Changing the Current vs 24h avg may give better predictions.

3) This depends on what GPU you are running and I'm not even sure that Hot is representing here. To see how the profit switcher is prioritizing, please right click on the miner and select View Details.

smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

Hi Patrik, thanks for adding the ZAR currency, it has been very helpful.

1. Even though I am enjoying the app I sometimes have difficulty as I am using Awesome Miner on my main PC in the lounge to UHD TV, because of the lounge setup I have to use a high scaling option than vs default windows 10 scaling.  When using higher scaling sometimes menus are cut off at the bottom depending on which screen I am navigating to. For example I click on options and the "Ok" or "Cancel" is hidden behind the task bar at the bottom which means I have to temporarily lower the scaling to use Awesome Miner vs there being a scroll bar when the menu doesn't have enough space for the screen to help cater for different users setup/scaling.

Is a solution to this something that can be added to the backlog for a future release?

2. I have multi profit miners setup, they mine between Zpool and The Pool Hub, can someone please let me know what setting or Rule I can setup where in the case of Zpool servers going down it wont try to connect to zpool continuously (which stops mining) but after X number of attempts where I cant connect to Zpool servers it switches to The Pool Hub or whatever other available pool I have enabled within the pool switching profile.

Thanks
pieran

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:55:51 PM

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before, but is awesome miner able to handle to types of GPU (Nvidia and AMD) on the same machine?
Mikesol

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before, but is awesome miner able to handle to types of GPU (Nvidia and AMD) on the same machine?

Puwaha offered a solution for this earlier this morning -

You will need to setup two managed miners, one for each set of cards.  Then you will have to select mining software that lets you include or exclude specific GPUs... like Claymore's.  So on one manage miner, you have it run the mining software only using the 1060s, and on the other, you set it to only mine with the 1080s.  It's a complex setup, but it is doable.  The key is that the mining software has to allow you to include or exclude GPUs.

I think it will be the same for a mix of AMD and NVIDIA cards.
Thekingace

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:13:19 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 04:31:06 PM by Thekingace

Hi guys,

Thanks

Cast XMR was introduced as a Managed Miner, but not yet listed as an option for Profit switching. I was hoping to get some feedback on the Cast XMR implementation made so far before I make it available for profit switching as well - because then much more people will start using it.

I don't know if there would have been an easier way to do it but I removed all my profit managed miners and re-added them as managed miners and now it works fine. The only thing is I have to --open cl 0/1/2 depending on the worker and  I also had to add the worker name to the pw for my ETN pool so I have a bunch of console commands set up for each miner and I'm thinking, if I switch algo (and which uses another miner) I won't be able to save those specific worker settings for this miner, right? Will I have to re-enter them again one by one?

Also I've read earlier that you could scale down profitability for a coin, do I have to manually re-add ETN through the "Coins & Profit" option tab or is there another way?

Edit: one suggestion I'd make for cast is to make it press q in the console when it you close the miner through Awesome otherwise GPUs get stuck, it's really weird if you don't close the miner that way.
Lowernlower

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

HELP  Undecided

I'be been rolling along for months using AM and now apparently typoed or set a value too low for an auto reboot rule. I have a rig that reboots the second AM opens. I tried uninstalling AM, rebooting, then reinstalled and the profile/rules are all still saved.

Do you know where the rules are saved locally?

Or better yet, is there a way to launch AM with rules disabled?
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:04:36 PM

Does anyone else have problems with benchmarking?
I'm trying to run the benchmarks, but the miner keeps telling me there's no pool added. I can mine just fine if I press Start, but the benchmarks can't find any pool.

I've even followed the guide to add your own algorithm to benchmark, and it still can't find it.

Only tried with CryptoNight so far. Anyone got any ideas?

" No pool specified. Add at least one valid pool using the -xpool parameter "

You must have missed a setting. Profit Switching Profiles also need to be checked as well as the mining software.

http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx   << See the section -- Profit Switching Profile Properties

http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/benchmark.aspx

Also check to see what pools have been enabled.

Configuration section >> http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx

Yeah, I thought so too. I've checked and double checked everything now. I even did a clean install on both systems, and I just can't get it to find the pool when I'm benchmarking.

It finds it just fine if I just press Start. It'll happily start mining away.
I find it really odd that it would be different when benchmarking like this.

Right click the miner and do a diagnostic check and post the results here (remove your wallet address before you post it).

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Code:
Starting Diagnostics 
Starting Mining Software
Setting up Miner Engine. Instance: 1
Engine Type: SgMiner, Auto Download: True, EnginePath: , Subtype: Disabled, CustomExecutable:
Added rule for: C:\Users\Worker2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\sgminer-5.6.1-nicehash-51-windows-i386_1\sgminer.exe
C:\Users\Worker2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\sgminer-5.6.1-nicehash-51-windows-i386_1\sgminer.exe --config awesome.conf --text-only --algorithm groestlcoin   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: SgMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Thanks for sharing. It looks like this one was hashing perfectly fine. Do you still experience issues?

That's the thing, it hashes just fine when I start it. I just can't benchmark the cards, so they will just start mining the coin that seems most profitable according to the (very very wrong) existing hash/s numbers, so the profit switching is useless for me since it'll switch between three coins that are 100% worthless for me to mine ( 2-3 cents per day profit ) and skip the ones such as CryptoNight that would actually make me money.

I've solved it for now by force-running each algo by itself and then saving the hash-values per card. It takes abssolutely forever though, so it's kind of a deal killer for me atm. I'm not gonna go through that process on 200+ cards.

It seems to me ( might be wrong ) that it's just not sending the command line arguments when starting the miner for a benchmark. I'm not sure if it's something I've configured in a wonky manner or if it's a legit bug though.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
aussiegwapo

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:13:25 PM

I have found that the latest updates added to the program have crashed mining operations like getting amd sgminer to run on more than just 1 amd card only not sure what is going on or how to fix this problem as your program is heavily encrypted.
may have to look in to features that ask what cards to add for future.

also noticed the updates add miners that conflict with nvidia add and want to run amd cards first before looking on system for cards to run mining programs

program will only benchmark one card of amd and nvidia in device list
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: