Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:07:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312485 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:46:16 PM

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next whale dump to get back in.

Whales are accumulating. The miners dump. I don't rule out a miner dump but in this environment with brisk demand that is pretty needless.

If I needed to sell 50k, it would not be hard to do. And if I needed to sell my produce, there would be no need to accumulate 50k before selling.

These are clearly evident in the recent days when lows have been rising quicker than the highs.

There will always be a whale dump to accumulate lower. You know this. Sometimes it will even cause panic selling. Wait didn't we just go through one of those?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:52:23 PM

Whales are accumulating. The miners dump. I don't rule out a miner dump but in this environment with brisk demand that is pretty needless.

If I needed to sell 50k, it would not be hard to do. And if I needed to sell my produce, there would be no need to accumulate 50k before selling.

These are clearly evident in the recent days when lows have been rising quicker than the highs.

There will always be a whale dump to accumulate lower. You know this. Sometimes it will even cause panic selling. Wait didn't we just go through one of those?

The slope of the retracements is getting more and more gentle with every rise though.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:12:39 PM

Monero is a good coin but its outdated imo. We are heading towards a path that requires much more than this project can offer.
best of luck

Mods, please bear with me, but I would actually like to give fearcoka about 10 lines to tell about Shadowcash distribution. The subject fascinates me and doing it right is the most important thing I seek in a coin (team is second, tech is third and availability of a wallet is a bonus).

Mods are just deleting every criticism against this coin, they just deleted my comment again wtf, heres what you need to know about Shadow(scam)cash distribution: http://pastebin.com/S7aKCDgy

So you can tell the balance of SDC wallets?
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:14:45 PM

Monero is a good coin but its outdated imo. We are heading towards a path that requires much more than this project can offer.
best of luck

Mods, please bear with me, but I would actually like to give fearcoka about 10 lines to tell about Shadowcash distribution. The subject fascinates me and doing it right is the most important thing I seek in a coin (team is second, tech is third and availability of a wallet is a bonus).

Mods are just deleting every criticism against this coin, they just deleted my comment again wtf, heres what you need to know about Shadow(scam)cash distribution: http://pastebin.com/S7aKCDgy

They also invented what i call the shadowcrap-dilemma:

1) To make a PoS Network "secure" you need to have nearly all wallets staking.
2) To make Ringsignatures "secure" you need all people to use them, always.
3) But you can't stake the tokens they use for anonymity, so being private and having a secured pos network can never be happen at the same time.

This is a typical example of getting fucked by your own greed.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:27:57 PM

Warz told us on Polo trollbox that xmr is going to 0.004.  Grin
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:34:13 PM

The slope of the retracements is getting more and more gentle with every rise though.

Very True. Chances are getting more and more scarce. What do you think they will try next? The BCX Fud Campain was a nice first salvo last time to make before the move.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:35:50 PM

If it means that much to you then just start your own thread.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:36:46 PM

The buy support is building up nicely.
Also the growth rate is optimal considering the price point.
When/if Monero approaches the parity with bitcoin, the growth rate will decline massively since then there is no "easy growth" left.

Buy support is accumulating, while supply at near-market rates is exhausted.

If not for the still-healthy emission, price would be going crazy.

Not many days left to buy the cheapest first-year coins...

BTC parity aside, there remains tremendous amounts of super-trivially-easy growth left until we pull even with Dashscam.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:41:23 PM

Part of the nice thing about instamines is that the devs have a lot of incentive to make their project valuable.

Isn't Monero empirical proof that scam-free open source crypto projects are still viable? I'm not ready to laud the benefits of assorted scams until all the honest projects die off.

And, yeah, some shadowtrash sympathizers are on a deletion spree. My mundane mention of their PoW schedule (as stated on their OP) got deleted. Smiley
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:57:48 PM

Isn't Monero empirical proof that scam-free open source crypto projects are still viable?

Absolutely!
It's a gem for this reason if nothing else.
Glad to be around.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:07:46 PM

Warz told us on Polo trollbox that xmr is going to 0.004.  Grin

It doesn't take a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows.

We're seeing whales gobble up the cheap XMR in chunks of 100BTC...who are the fools selling for less than 0.005?

They must be botnet herders who need to pay their zombie providers, because no rational speculator would expect to be able to buy them back cheaper, given the 500+ BTC competing on the bid side and <200k XMR available at any price.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:24:19 PM

Isn't Monero empirical proof that scam-free open source crypto projects are still viable?

Absolutely!
It's a gem for this reason if nothing else.
Glad to be around.

Yes it is. it is also one of the reasons I have invested in Monero and support the project.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:15:51 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:01:01 AM by TrueCryptonaire

I recommend now for all the accumulators start buying all the available Moneros below 0.005.
There are not that many coins besides the manipulation walls.
0.005 is cheap Monero IMO. There is no reason why XMR could not replace BTC and reach at some point large price points. Therefore buying XMR at 0.005 (or 1.25 usd) is like buying btc at 1 usd range.
I would not be surprised if the price of XMR goes to new ATH during coming months so technically anything below previous ATH is a screaming deal.

For longer haul, any XMR you are able to get below 10 000 USD is extremely cheap.

It is important to remember that there is not enough Moneros for every person in the world and probably will never be.

I also bought a few today. Not that I need to buy any but simply helping the marketcap to be build.

BTW, I have no plan to sell any coins. The selling comes when there is something major happening (like mass adoption). Until that Monero is a great buy and I have no intention to sell coins. I am sorry to tell this all ye accumulator mates.  Cheesy
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:59:59 AM

I know many things, including that it takes about 3x overvaluation to be able to safely sell something and actually gain money whale scale. BTC has been in this situation 3 times during its history, I spotted all of them, in the first one actively refused to buy (bought later at $3), second one had time to sell for 1 day until it toppled and third one bought a castle. These I know. Monero has never been such overvalued.

Many generate lots of volume, yet barely break even no matter how "right" they think they are.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 07:23:00 AM

There is no reason why XMR could not replace BTC

There reason XMR cannot replace BTC is that both are antifragile.

XMR only strengthens BTC.  If BTC needs to incorporate innovative features proven in XMR, it will.  And vice versa.

They are complements, not substitutes or competition, and should gravitate towards parity.

Every moment we stay above 0.003 is a victory that will resonate throughout history for 1000 years!

Go Mustangs!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:30:51 AM

I recommend now for all the accumulators start buying all the available Moneros below 0.005.
There are not that many coins besides the manipulation walls.
0.005 is cheap Monero IMO. There is no reason why XMR could not replace BTC and reach at some point large price points. Therefore buying XMR at 0.005 (or 1.25 usd) is like buying btc at 1 usd range.
I would not be surprised if the price of XMR goes to new ATH during coming months so technically anything below previous ATH is a screaming deal.

For longer haul, any XMR you are able to get below 10 000 USD is extremely cheap.

It is important to remember that there is not enough Moneros for every person in the world and probably will never be.

I also bought a few today. Not that I need to buy any but simply helping the marketcap to be build.

BTW, I have no plan to sell any coins. The selling comes when there is something major happening (like mass adoption). Until that Monero is a great buy and I have no intention to sell coins. I am sorry to tell this all ye accumulator mates.  Cheesy

Sounding a bit like the DASH guys. Lets calm down Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:38:05 AM

XMR only strengthens BTC.  If BTC needs to incorporate innovative features proven in XMR, it will.  And vice versa.

They are complements, not substitutes or competition, and should gravitate towards parity.

I respectfully disagree.
First of all, I do not think btc is the ultimate crypto currency. It is the first one like this type but certainly is not the ultimate.
I do not say bitcoin will be broken but I just dare to claim bitcoin might lose its popularity.
It is challenging to sell bitcoins these days to noobs. They think it is too expensive and in declining trend which is an adoption killer combination. Who wants to buy an asset that gets dumped, it is pure stupidity.

Monero can fix economically bitcoin's wild fluctuation problem and grow steadily (traders are here playing a crucial role - they give markets both sellers and buyers and thus cutting the over-reactions into both ways). On the other hand, accumulation and adoption will put Monero to rising price channel that might take years or even decades (unheard in crypto). Basically extremely long term steady bull-market for sure 99.99 % probability will attract huge amounts of money. But this needs to be proven by time and the price cannot rise too fast so that it will not feel risky investment. That is the factor that potentially be crucial in replacing bitcoin.

If I am not mistaken, the devs are working on option into XMR to use it also publically...? Am I completely wrong?
Anything that bitcoin has can be included into Monero.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 07:42:47 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:52:52 AM by generalizethis

XMR only strengthens BTC.  If BTC needs to incorporate innovative features proven in XMR, it will.  And vice versa.

I respectfully disagree.
First of all, I do not think btc is the ultimate crypto currency. It is the first one like this type but certainly is not the ultimate.
I do not say bitcoin will be broken but I just dare to claim bitcoin might lose its popularity.
It is challenging to sell bitcoins these days to noobs. They think it is too expensive and in declining trend which is an adoption killer combination. Who wants to buy an asset that gets dumped, it is pure stupidity.

Monero can fix economically bitcoin's wild fluctuation problem and grow steadily (traders are here playing a crucial role - they give markets both sellers and buyers and thus cutting the over-reactions into both ways). On the other hand, accumulation and adoption will put Monero to rising price channel that might take years or even decades (unheard in crypto). Basically extremely long term steady bull-market for sure 99.99 % probability will attract huge amounts of money. But this needs to be proven by time and the price cannot rise too fast so that it will not feel risky investment. That is the factor that potentially be crucial in replacing bitcoin.

If I am not mistaken, the devs are working on option into XMR to use it also publically...? Am I completely wrong?
Anything that bitcoin has can be included into Monero.

I think you're referring to the viewkey.

* https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/en/how-can-monero-be-both-anonymous-and-transparent-same-time

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:59:59 AM

I am thinking about putting another 10BTC on XMR yet i also want to wait for a nice big dump....What do? Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 09:10:04 AM

I am thinking about putting another 10BTC on XMR yet i also want to wait for a nice big dump....What do? Cheesy

I don't think that big dump is coming anytime soon--but it seems the buying isn't rushed, so you could buy a little each day and mitigate the chance of buying on a short-term dip. Risto has access to more market information, so maybe he can give you a better incite.

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: