Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70699 times)
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:14:02 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Hm, that style of drawing looks familiar
SatoNatomato, was one of your earlier usernames "emule"?
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:42:37 AM

Hm, that style of drawing looks familiar
SatoNatomato, was one of your earlier usernames "emule"?
lol no, this is my first and only bitcointalk account.

Yeah people, take note, new users join forums even in 2017, is good for bitcoin and altcoin prices, some new fresh minds up in here.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:27:26 PM

meh trolls have failed

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:16:12 PM

meh trolls have failed
Just like iota on exchanges.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:29:19 PM

meh trolls have failed

Up for a 10 000 dollar bet on that?

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:40:57 PM

meh trolls have failed

Yes accepted.

Now please pay up 10BTC to me. Iota was not on exchanges at the time of this bet and this acceptance but was promised to be many months ago.

iotatoken

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:56:29 PM

meh trolls have failed

Yes accepted.

Now please pay up 10BTC to me. Iota was not on exchanges at the time of this bet and this acceptance but was promised to be many months ago.

No. We have said we got the exchanges lined up and we are perfecting the tech before allowing listing, thus if I can prove that this statement is valid you now owe me $10 000

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:27:46 PM

meh trolls have failed

Yes accepted.

No. We have said we got the exchanges lined up and we are perfecting the tech before allowing listing, thus if I can prove that this statement is valid you now owe me $10 000
You know my opinion already, the the idea you are trying to implement, is wrong and iota should never be taken to exchanges.

Iota is like Windows 98 Active Desktop, the idea sounds nice, all the words fit together, hey internet integrated with your motherfucking desktop man! But we know how that turned out.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:31:44 PM

meh trolls have failed

Yes accepted.

You know my opinion already, the the idea you are trying to implement, is wrong and iota should never be taken to exchanges.

Iota is like Windows 98 Active Desktop, the idea sounds nice, all the words fit together, hey internet integrated with your motherfucking desktop man! But we know how that turned out.

Your IQ is so low it can't even be measured, so conversation ceases here. Enjoy your solipsist trolldom

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:07:14 PM

Are Iota and Byteball the only cryptocurrencies using DAG algorithm? Is there any thread to discuss this tech and cryptos using it?
It would be interesting to see, since this thread is more focused on Iota.
Make the thread yourself. Third dagcoin is SPECTRE.

Can you post link to SPECTRE thread, I can't find it. Coin named 'spectre' i found isn't based on a DAG
sotisoti

Activity: 762

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:20:29 PM

Are Iota and Byteball the only cryptocurrencies using DAG algorithm? Is there any thread to discuss this tech and cryptos using it?

Can you post link to SPECTRE thread, I can't find it. Coin named 'spectre' i found isn't based on a DAG
This one? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1704473.0

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:03:54 AM

No, SPECTRE coin there is something entirely different. SPECTRE in the sense of DAG/Tangle is just a paper, an idea, a concept, it's not an actual implementation, for that only IOTA exist and hybrid-Byteball.

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:36:22 AM

No, SPECTRE coin there is something entirely different. SPECTRE in the sense of DAG/Tangle is just a paper, an idea, a concept, it's not an actual implementation, for that only IOTA exist and hybrid-Byteball.

Ok, thanks for information.

Edit, found it
https://btcmanager.com/spectre-protocol-dag-structure-to-solve-scalability/
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:01:56 AM

Be wary of IOTA, they don't like constructive criticism. Red flags are raised:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Lol I put up a constructive criticism about the Ubuntu announcement paralleling the azure project and it gets deleted.

Something doesn't seem right with iota Huh Huh

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

@DunningKruger, I had to remove your post because you quoted LemonAndFriesOne who was banned from this thread for trolling.

Not trolling, you just can't take criticism like a man.

Everyone remember Micorsoft's Azure project?

Same thing here, but for Unix based systems  Roll Eyes

Don't get too exited yet, IOTA is the first. Eventually there will be 100+ projects they are considering.

Most likely will end up with their own project after they rip-off research these coins.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:33:44 PM

Byteball is not a hybrid you dumbass.

But, Iota is not for IoT. That is certain.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:35:58 PM

They dont take kindly on even asking how Iota is supposed to work.

However, they do spread bullshit about Byteball on here, and in their slack forum, they are originater of "Byteball is a blockchain and DAG hybrid" lie.

Iota action smell bad, like something is rotten.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:04:24 PM

However, they do spread bullshit about Byteball on here, and in their slack forum, they are originater of "Byteball is a blockchain and DAG hybrid" lie.

The whole "we'll beat quantum computing" even is a bunch of bs. How can they beat something that can compute several states at the same time almost instantaneously with regular tech that still computes things one at a time? Sounds like they are spreading a bunch of hype to uninformed individuals.

I'm sure someone in their team is working under Ubuntu and somehow convinced their boss about this new fancy shmancy state of the art technology and the many moneys they will make.

The guy I bought some IOTA from said he was selling all of their coins because of internal conflicts with Come-from-Beyond and hinted that the initial investors have a hard time dealing with someone who doesn't want to discuss how the project even works. To the point that they were not allowed to question iota.

Like you said, smells of another BTC scam. What's new in the alt-world, same thing over and over again.
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:28:44 PM

The whole "we'll beat quantum computing" even is a bunch of bs. How can they beat something that can compute several states at the same time almost instantaneously with regular tech that still computes things one at a time? Sounds like they are spreading a bunch of hype to uninformed individuals.

I'm sure someone in their team is working under Ubuntu and somehow convinced their boss about this new fancy shmancy state of the art technology and the many moneys they will make.

The guy I bought some IOTA from said he was selling all of their coins because of internal conflicts with Come-from-Beyond and hinted that the initial investors have a hard time dealing with someone who doesn't want to discuss how the project even works. To the point that they were not allowed to question iota.

Like you said, smells of another BTC scam. What's new in the alt-world, same thing over and over again.

you guys don't wanna get a better image of IOTA. you just stick to your opinion. This looks to me like a conditioned opinion because this isn't about IOTA. this is about byteball or whatever you invested in instead.
everyone INCLUDING dom and david tried their best and talked to you guys to clear uncertain questions but you still come here to trigger everyone.
and I'm asking myself why.
is this just bottom-feeding or is this an honest scientific opinion based on facts?
because all I can see is an ever repeating trump-argumentation with phrases and neural diarrhea.
for the facts I'm willing to start an AmA. You may ask anything and I don't even give a shit about ad hominem. you insult, you ask, I answer anyway.
the first question I saw is "Is quantum-proof bullshit!?"
no.
Winternitz one time signature scheme enables the quantum resistance. here: this for example doesn't say quantum proof or immune, but resistance. and furthermore, that "Current research suggests, that the
security of hash-based signatures will not be significantly harmed by quantum computer supported
attacks [12]." Side 1, bottom. https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/191.pdf
It is about "pseudo randomization" and "key one-wayness" explained on side 4.
Source: "We begin by reviewing the standard definition of digital signature schemes and the security notion
existential unforgeability under adaptive chosen message attacks (EU-CMA) [11]. We then define
two security notions for function families required for our reduction. The first is the well known
pseudo-randomness property. The second is key one-wayness which states that it is hard to find
a key k such that the function fk maps a given input x to a given output y. We also state two
lemmas about these notions which will be useful for the reduction of W-OTS.
"
This is proven.
If you come up with further bullshit, Ill proof you wrong. gogo.
next question!

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:33:20 PM

you guys don't wanna get a better image of IOTA. you just stick to your opinion. This looks to me like a conditioned opinion because this isn't about IOTA. this is about byteball or whatever you invested in instead.
everyone INCLUDING dom and david tried their best and talked to you guys to clear uncertain questions but you still come here to trigger everyone.
and I'm asking myself why.
is this just bottom-feeding or is this an honest scientific opinion based on facts?
because all I can see is an ever repeating trump-argumentation with phrases and neural diarrhea.
for the facts I'm willing to start an AmA. You may ask anything and I don't even give a shit about ad hominem. you insult, you ask, I answer anyway.
the first question I saw is "Is quantum-proof bullshit!?"
no.
Winternitz one time signature scheme enables the quantum resistance. here: this for example doesn't say quantum proof or immune, but resistance. and furthermore, that "Current research suggests, that the
security of hash-based signatures will not be significantly harmed by quantum computer supported
attacks [12]." Side 1, bottom. https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/191.pdf
It is about "pseudo randomization" and "key one-wayness" explained on side 4.
Source: "We begin by reviewing the standard definition of digital signature schemes and the security notion
existential unforgeability under adaptive chosen message attacks (EU-CMA) [11]. We then define
two security notions for function families required for our reduction. The first is the well known
pseudo-randomness property. The second is key one-wayness which states that it is hard to find
a key k such that the function fk maps a given input x to a given output y. We also state two
lemmas about these notions which will be useful for the reduction of W-OTS.
"
This is proven.
If you come up with further bullshit, Ill proof you wrong. gogo.
next question!

This sounds like a bunch of jargon trying to sway away from the real discussion.
 Roll Eyes

Problem is you have underestimated users on BTCtalk and dismissed them as uneducated investors. Realize you are talking to individuals who are educated on the matter and have a descent understanding of how some of the tech works, stop trying to misdirect the original topic.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: