Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:29:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:36:00 PM

altcoinUK: I got a final proposition for you. This is your chance to show the world that we're truly scammers and that you are convinced of this, not just a worthless troll with too much time and envy on your hands:

Are you willing to do a 50 BTC escrow bet on whether or not we'll have a functioning PHYSICAL asynchronous trinary processor within 9 months?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:37:37 PM

altcoinUK: I got a final proposition for you. This is your chance to show the world that we're truly scammers and that you are convinced of this, not just a worthless troll with too much time and envy on your hands:

Are you willing to do a 50 BTC escrow bet on whether or not we'll have a functioning PHYSICAL asynchronous trinary processor within 9 months?

He doesn't have such big money. He was bragging about 5000 USD on his twitter. Sounded like the biggest achievement of his whole life.
iotatoken

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:39:37 PM

He doesn't have such big money. He was bragging about 5000 USD on his twitter. Sounded like the biggest achievement of his whole life.

Nono, you got it wrong. He told us he was a VC, I'm sure he got millions, how else could he afford to spend  the majority of his day trolling?

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:44:15 PM

It's a no-brainer - you bet 50 BTC, but at the same time you buy 25 BTC worth JINN tokens.
If they fail - you got your 50BTC. If they deliver your JINN tokens skyrocket more then 2x.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:56:07 PM

It's a no-brainer - you bet 50 BTC, but at the same time you buy 25 BTC worth JINN tokens.
If they fail - you got your 50BTC. If they deliver your JINN tokens skyrocket more then 2x.

Can we plug Augur anywhere here?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:44:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1400837.0

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:06:20 PM

25 BTC is still far more than the total yearly allowance his mommy pays him - he'll have to pass.

@boozy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084350.10 (funnier topic)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:25:01 PM

That quoted post of AnonyMint is funny and is worth being added here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393703.msg14220396#msg14220396.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:52:05 AM

I'm kind of sad this is 2kool...

Mainly because this level of flip-flopping is just insane - he was the biggest NXT supporter on the planet, nothing NXT could do was wrong, he'd defend the code and everything else. Now? Well, he is upset at NXT so NXT is a "scam" the main original developer is now "an idiot hack", etc.

Just, the criteria changed so much that it makes any position he takes incoherent. When people used to attack NXT he would defend the protocol as being "the only hope for a decentralized future" etc etc. Now, the NXT code and entire protocol is a scam? Then, he attacks CfB here, but, he was a huge CfB supporter (who hasn't changed AT ALL in all these years)... so, what happened? Well, we know the answer, he got upset that he got booted from NXT forum - I mean, not a huge event to get THIS upset over. Nothing is, in fact.

The part that bothers me is that this same person, knowing the same things he knows today, flips his position COMPLETELY. That is just emotion talking, obviously. No rational person could come to completely different views on the same subjects with zero changes in information.

CfB was always a little crazy and cryptic - that is the same. His code and skills were always presented in an unorthodox manner - still the same. etc etc etc. Attacking NXT also seems very strange, as he was the biggest DEFENDER of NXT against many of the points he is bringing up about it NOW. *smh*

All this time and energy wasted has never been about "warning" anyone about anything. Just like all that wasted energy trying to "destroy" BITSHARES or whatever his "pet project to hate" was at any given time.

All of this has always been about 2Kool himself, the need to be heard (at any cost for any, even if trivial, reasons)... and here we are, in thread number 10,000 he has created about "the dangers of project XYZ" where his great character will "save the stupid fools who can't see the truth". It's always the same narrative and no one seems to care. His myriad threads never derailed a single project (the project will live or die on its own merits).

Point being, these type of threads are not about anything other than the ego of the "bringer of truth"... aka. guy just wants to ramble on and on for 100 pages about his need to save the planet, which is nothing more than someone needing an escape from reality. These threads are not about "investors" "protocols" "warnings", these threads are about the person who starts them and their need to project an importance onto their lives which they can't seem to realize away from the internet. I feel sorry for 2Kool, at his best, I thought he was a positive contributor - even at his angriest.

Just let this thread and others like it (the 100s he has created) die. There is nothing to see here. No one who put money into the protocol cares, they have already taken the risk and these communities are small - saving 300-500 people from their desire to partake in this kind of tech/movement is foolish. This thread is saving no one and harming no one, it is at best wasted space and at worse a sign that 2Kool is very unhappy about things outside the scope of this forum and the internet.

This makes me sad, honestly. At the very least, I wish he'd express how he REALLY feels... which I can see (this being super obvious), has nothing to do with saving anyone and protecting anyone from anything.

2Kool, I'm not going to curse, I'm not going to yell, etc. I'm sorry you feel so wronged and I would rather talk about THAT than waste more time pretending this thread is about anything OTHER than the need to express that you are upset at things which have little or nothing to do with "code", "investor safety and legality" and other points brought up.

I wish you luck, man. I always worried a bit about you. I hope things get better.

Are you 2kool from the NXT days?

Because the more I read your posts, the more I feel that same sort of obsessive nature (and "decentralizedeconomics" is not around, who clearly is also 2kool)... it must be you, no?

This is 2Kool.  I am not altcoinUK or anybody else.  A sure fire way to tell if it's not me is if they use foul language.

A lot of what you are saying about me is incorrect.  I'm not upset with NXT, nor have I attacked it.  I don't like the NXT foundation, and I think the NXT "marketers" are incompetent.  Personally, I don't think NXT ever needed or should have a "foundation" or "marketers".  I think it is against the original ideology of the movement.  I may not agree with everything JeanLuc or Riker does, but I've never called them "idiot hacks".  I respect their talents.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:20:52 AM

Bump.

PS: Threads drop from the first page very quick, the moderators should think of splitting this subboard into more detailed sub-subboards.
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:20:21 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 11:54:23 AM by altcoinUK

we'll have a functioning PHYSICAL asynchronous trinary processor within 9 months

The monetization viability and the rational from business standpoint of the PHYSICAL asynchronous trinary processor (WTF) is exactly same as sticking in your asshole a mini video projector which - in order to make it fancy - includes an IoT enabled 3d gyroscope sensor. Then you play a movie at a wall behind you, and then you try to watch the movie behind you. Such solutions have no commercial viability nor monetization route.

In plain English son, there is no doubt these idiots would give you money even to roll out the unwatchable asshole-projector, but that's all audience you have: the greedy "investors" and idiots who are after the "ROI" you promised them by selling your illegal investment security offering. All you have is a pathetic P&D scam which is hyped by your sockpuppets and shills. Outside of this scam driven microcosmos you can’t sell your bullshit. No wonder you have a zero employee business that operates in your momma's basement.

Besides that, 9 months later you will be in prison for committing the blatant JINN/IOTA scam, you will be busy with making sexually satisfied the horny prison population, so what are we exactly talking about?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:29:04 AM

exactly same as sticking in your asshole a mini video projector which - in order to make it fancy - includes an IoT enabled 3d gyroscope sensor. Then you play a movie at a wall behind you, and then you try to watch the movie behind you

I imagined that and it was funny actually. I hope the fact that I imagined altcoinUK doing that thing won't count as a perversion.
iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:35:40 AM

So you don't dare to take the bet? Just like you don't dare to provide your name. Surprise, surprise...

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:50:27 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 12:12:54 PM by altcoinUK

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1400837.0

Any professional software developer knows that you don't use ports <1025 for server applications other than those that are the most trusted (and generally oldest) such as SSH, IMAP, POP3, SMTP and HTTP (being the most common of those).

Bitcoin does not use a port <1025 and in fact basically no alts do either *except* IOTA (where the port number was actually hard-coded into the software).

Now apparently @CfB thinks that I need to enter into a 50 BTC bet in order for him to explain his use of such a port (that no other professional software engineer would use).

Also @CfB is in fact *not a professional software engineer* (he shows no record of having been employed by any company that anyone knows of and his code has been reviewed by several actual software engineers and described as being "terrible").

I do understand that most of the IOTA investors are just wanting to "get rich quick" so they probably don't even care but I do think that the point needs to be made that this person is "pretending to be a software engineer".

I pointed this out myself in this thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393703.msg14167535#msg14167535, and therefore I couldn't agree more.

Any software engineer who ever worked in a serious commercial software project or in fact any serious open source project in which the quality of code is important agree with my opinion about this Belarusian Come-from-Beyond's skills.
Any experienced software engineers understand that he is not an experienced software developer. He has never worked for any notable software company nor he was part of any software development teams. That's why he could never learn software engineering principles and methods - you can learn that by interacting with senior software engineers, having discussing the design and deployment issues as well as having regular code reviews. That's why his code is a shamble and - as I said several times here - would never pass even the first stage of a code review. He released the IOTA source with hard coded configuration settings, serious design flaws and security concerns, without error handling, with no proper exception handling, inconsistent object oriented design, without comments in code, without unit tests, etc. If a junior software would present such a poorly written code then that would be really unimpressive.

No wonder, the Belarusian has no job, except his only job is scamming money from the idiots who have no clue about software development and are impressed by his less than mediocre Java programming skills.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:55:12 AM

I pointed this out myself in this thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393703.msg14167535#msg14167535, and therefore I couldn't agree more.

Any software engineer who ever worked in a serious commercial software project or in fact any serious open source project in which the quality of code is important agree me with my opinion about this Belarusian Come-from-Beyond's skills.
Any experienced software engineer understand that he is not an experienced software developer. He has never worked for any notable software company nor he was part of any software development teams. That's why he could never learn software engineering principles and methods - you can learn that by interacting with senior software engineers, having discussing the design and deployment issues as well as having regular code reviews. That's why his code is a shamble and - as I said several times here - would never pass even the first stage of a code review. He released the IOTA source with hard coded configuration settings, serious design flaws and security concerns, without error handling, with no proper exception handling, inconsistent object oriented design, without comments in code, without unit tests, etc. If a junior software would present such a poorly written code then that would be really unimpressive.

No wonder, the Belarusian has no job, except his only job is scamming money from the idiots who have no clue about software development and are impressed by his less than mediocre Java programming skills.

For a strange reason this contradicts to what Google returns when I google for my name. I even find articles referencing my articles about programming.

PS: This reminded me of Back to the Future 2, what if... This is mindblowing!
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

for my name.

Your name was never on the payroll of any serious software company, period. You never was a part of any serious software development team where you could learn from senior software engineers how to design software. If you would, then we would never see the shamble and novice mistakes in your code. You don't have anything on your CV what software developers at your age - who worked for serious companies and serious projects - could present.

Stop bullshitting Sergey. The idiots who gave you money don't understand software development nor they care, so there is no reason to bullshit here and trying to explain your poor design and non-existent experience. The fact that you could produce some Java files and sell it to the idiots doesn't make you an experienced software developer. If you want to be a professional who is respected by other software professionals just stop the bullshitting about your skills and start learning from your mistakes.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:14:54 PM

Your name was never on the payroll of any serious software company, period. You never was a part of any serious software development team where you could learn from senior software engineers how to design software. If you would, then we would never see the shamble and novice mistakes in your code. You don't have anything on your CV what software developers at your age - who worked for serious companies and serious projects - could present.

Stop bullshitting Sergey. The idiots who gave you money don't understand software development nor they care, so there is no reason to bullshit here and trying to explain your poor design and non-existent experience. The fact that you could produce some Java files and sell it to the idiots doesn't make you an experienced software developer. If you want to be a professional who is respected by other software professionals just stop the bullshitting about your skills and start learning from your mistakes.

Well, you can keep saying that but it won't change the facts. I'm not going to violate your right of free speech. Keep saying, the effort you put into this thread pleases my vanity.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:28:51 PM

Perhaps the recent news will refresh this thread - http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-foundation-announcement/174/...
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

Laws are never retroactive. According to TPTB's "expert lawyer opinion" pokemon cards were really a security because they appreciated in value due to demand after they were sold as a card game. Genius.

That's the first sensible argument I have read from you and any of your sockpuppet accounts which worth a discussion.

The issue is, as smooth and others including myself pointed out several times that you only try to mask & hide the true nature of your illegal security offering by calling it software. Just because you call your P&D coin a software - even if you call it software consistently and a million times -, the P&D coin and ponzi operation can't be seen by law enforcement as a software. It is in fact a speculative investment instrument which implements all attributes of a digital currency. More importantly, unlike the publisher of the pokemon card, you the publisher of the IOTA tokens have been organizing the trade of the coin by making it available to crypto exchanges, you are hyping it in this very forum via your sockpuppets and shills.

Law enforcement understand very well that anyone who hype his coin - like you do - in this environment is most likely a scammer who is selling either illegal financial securities or ponzies, often both. (That's why we could press charges against several scammers already and partly that's why the Mooolah scammer Ryan Kennedy is already in jail).

Therefore, even your argument about the pokemon card is absolutely correct, it is irrelevant in the context of IOTA. In your case - when a coin is sold, hyped and P&D by yourself, your sockpuppets and shills - you only delude yourself by calling the P&D coin a software.

iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:56:22 PM

Laws are never retroactive. According to TPTB's "expert lawyer opinion" pokemon cards were really a security because they appreciated in value due to demand after they were sold as a card game. Genius.

That's the first sensible argument I have read from you and any of your sockpuppet accounts which worth a discussion.

The issue is, as smooth and others including myself pointed out several times that you only try to mask & hide the true nature of your illegal security offering by calling it software. Just because you call your P&D coin a software - even if you call it software consistently and a million times -, the P&D coin and ponzi operation can't be seen by law enforcement as a software. It is in fact a speculative investment instrument which implements all attributes of a digital currency. More importantly, unlike the publisher of the pokemon card, you the publisher of the IOTA tokens have been organizing the trade of the coin by making it available to crypto exchanges, you are hyping it in this very forum via your sockpuppets and shills.

Law enforcement understand very well that anyone who hype his coin - like you do - in this environment is most likely a scammer who is selling either illegal financial securities or ponzies, often both. (That's why we could press charges against several scammers already and partly that's why the Mooolah scammer Ryan Kennedy is already in jail).

Therefore, even your argument about the pokemon card is absolutely correct, it is irrelevant in the context of IOTA. In your case - when a coin is sold, hyped and P&D by yourself, your sockpuppets and shills - you only delude yourself by calling the P&D coin a software.

New strategy huh... I don't have time for you today, but given your astute legal prowess and constant presence on the forums you have of course reported Ethereum and Augur to the authorities a long time ago by the exact same reasoning, so I will await their arrest before hiring you as my lawyer. We'll talk again when that happens, I'll clearly need you since you are vastly more knowledgeable than their and our legal teams, so glad I stumbled upon Mr. 'superlawyer' on this forum.

Oh and I also encourage you to head over to Lisk where one of the co-founders is a lawyer, so that you can teach him your superknowledge so that they can cancel their crowdsale before it's too late and they'll both end up in prison. Aren't we all just blessed that the world's leading lawyer happen to troll around on BTT? Indeed we are.

Well I'll talk to you again soon after these mass-arrests take place.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: