Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:12:44 AM

The quote you linked to was about IoT's impact on the world in general: if you think Industry 4.0 won't be a revolution unlike anything humanity has ever seen, well then you are not up to date, which explains how you missed IOTA crowdsale and now feel sour.

Oh, I'm sure you were just overcome with enthusiasm about IoT and your deceptive hype had nothing at all to do with trying to drive up interest for people to invest in IOTA buy IOTA software licenses. wink

Right by the book

As with many frauds, Ponzi scheme organizers often use the latest innovation, technology, product or growth industry to entice investors and give their scheme the promise of high returns. Potential investors are often less skeptical of an investment opportunity when assessing something novel, new or “cutting-edge.”
These schemes often promise high returns for getting in on the ground floor of a growing Internet phenomenon.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:21:16 AM

It's not a theme for discussion and will not be ever.

/facepalm

That's the great thing about unmoderated threads, isn't it?

Yeah pal. If you want you can surely discuss what you have not reached in the past, but you can never ever catch the train which gone for a long time. It's gone forever. ICO was open to the public declared and took one month. Who wanted got in.
Therefore, the discussion about come back in November 2015 doesn't make any sense for me.

It need not make sense to one person it needs to make sense to the entire board. This is why we need discussion on the main forum.

I am preparing a nice thread for everyone to discuss only the facts concerning Iota. There we can compare to other ICO's conducted and discuss improvements for future ICO's. Iota is just one ICO others have adopted a different and more public approach like LISK. Let's hear what the board thinks regarding these two styles of conducting an ICO.

1. mass advertising before and during the ICO - via huge sig campaigns, facebook , twitter. Lots of posts on the main board.
2. hmmm none of the above. - However i doubt a shortage of pumping advertising in all of those areas after ICO.

I must have seen 5 x we've joined with microsoft threads on the main board . Yes 5 seperate threads on the same day??

Nxt2 is not acceptable.

Troll please get a life, no one cares, not one single person in the universe cares about your trolling.

Everyone gets it: you are sad that you didn't buy into the ICO, that's life. That's why you are desperately trying to start some 'drama' to push for a second ICO. You even made a thread about it the other day that no one cared about. Sorry, but it won't happen. We have FULL legal right to innovate and execute a brand new technology, hold a software sale for it and be successful with it. We had several hundred people participate in our 100% open sale, you didn't see the potential at the time? TOO BAD for you.

We announced IOTA 1 month prior to sale, then ran a sale for 27 days, it was completely open and known about on this forum, other crypto forums, reddit, several crypto websites did articles on it, including Cointelegraph, TheDailyDecrypt did a piece, it was announced in all the big crypto slacks. Why else do you think we raised over $530,000 at a time that was PRIOR to Bitcoin boost and Ethereum boost, in other words: market was a lot more dry.

But it's true, we did not take the approach of Lisk. We REFUSED to spend a cent on paid advertisements out of principle. We did not spam the forum or encourage people to make IOTA their signature. Why? Because we only wanted genuine holders. This is why I have acted downright condescending towards speculators before the sale even started. You act as if you have some sort of intrinsic RIGHT to own everything in the world, newsflash entitled prick: YOU DON'T.

So here's what you should do now: stop your pity party and do something useful with your life, you are genuinely pathetic. I don't understand how people like yourself manage to wake up in the morning and get out of bed. It's genuinely sad to think about.

Everyone gets it hey? well we'll have to wait and see about that !

There's no need to sound upset. I am helping you get the publicity you crave. Soon you will have far more publicity on the main forum than you have now. Why stay hidden in here speculating on what people get and don't get.

When people sound upset when you only wish to discuss the facts it sets off alarm bells.

When people behind ICO's that are not transparent or in anyway verifiable tell me they raised X amount from external donations. That too is not taken at face value.

Again I say to you. Why not start a thread yourself on the main board. Let's clear this all up. You don't want 50% of the board + thinking IOTA is a scam when all along it isn't do you?

Come there now and discuss this all with me out in the open.

YES or NO?

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:26:53 AM

Looks like this is the intermediate result of the "discussion":

Troll "smooth" thinks the project was hyped too much.
Troll "cryptohunter" believes the opposite is the case.
Troll Ian Knowles is sobering up, while wifey has locked-in his offline PC.
Troll AltcoinUK is preparing for a long day at middle school.

Next steps:
Let smooth and cryptohunter come to an accord, while we're waiting for the kid and 50-BTC-extortion-boozy to return.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:34:35 AM

Looks like this is the intermediate result of the "discussion":

Troll "smooth" thinks the project was hyped too much.
Troll "cryptohunter" believes the opposite is the case.
Troll Ian Knowles is sobering up, while wifey has locked-in his offline PC.
Troll AltcoinUK is preparing for a long day at middle school.

Next steps:
Let smooth and cryptohunter come to an accord, while we're waiting for the kid and 50-BTC-extortion-boozy to return.

Next steps:
Let the entire board decide.

I remember having similar conversations with the darkcoiners in their thread. How they all told me it was just a simple case of trolling. No scam, nothing to see here. Just a few unreasonable self entitled trolls butthurt and sour grapes. Then all of a sudden......it was a scam after all.

I mean the ICO seems very stealthy compared to all the other big ICO's that have taken place.

We can compare to

ethereum
nem
bitbay
maid
LISK

in terms of marketing and advertising...

I mean we shouldn't compare it too much to NXT should we. That wouldn't be a fair comparison would it? or would it now?

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:35:44 AM

Again I say to you. Why not start a thread yourself on the main board. Let's clear this all up. You don't want 50% of the board + thinking IOTA is a scam when all along it isn't do you?

YES or NO?

Haha, you honestly think we care. IOTA is not about some esoteric political movement or some get rich quick scheme. IOTA is a groundbreaking new approach to the distributed ledger technology with emphasis on Internet-of-Things. We are working together with big companies and start-ups alike to integrate IOTA to enable a IoT economy. So yes, you are right, I don't want 50% of the board who consist of trolls and speculators, they bring no value to the vision of IOTA, I only want genuinely competent and useful people on board IOTA, which is why we don't do any pumping or fake hyping.

Tell you what, when IOTA launches I'll setup an address for you and deposit enough IOTA to pay for your meds for a month so that you can come back to Earth and be a useful member of society again, ok?

If not: have fun being useless and trolling, bye.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:40:37 AM

Only after the price gets high and profits are missed the outcry will begin.

Not really. I criticized iotatoken's deceptive hype and pumping even before ICO, starting here in October along with several follow up posts on the same thread.

Nothing has changed, except a few more people are saying the same thing now, that is all.

The pressing issue is it wasn't hyped and pumped enough before and during the ICO.

For example cryptohunter didn't participate in the ICO even though he had read the threads.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:52:14 AM

YES or NO?

Haha, you honestly think we care. IOTA is not about some esoteric political movement or some get rich quick scheme. IOTA is a groundbreaking new approach to the distributed ledger technology with emphasis on Internet-of-Things. We are working together with big companies and start-ups alike to integrate IOTA to enable a IoT economy. So yes, you are right, I don't want 50% of the board who consist of trolls and speculators, they bring no value to the vision of IOTA, I only want genuinely competent and useful people on board IOTA, which is why we don't do any pumping or fake hyping.

Tell you what, when IOTA launches I'll setup an address for you and deposit enough IOTA to pay for your meds for a month so that you can come back to Earth and be a useful member of society again, ok?

If not: have fun being useless and trolling, bye.

So in summary

NO - you don't want to discuss the ICO on the main board? Just say NO if that is what you mean.

You don't care if the board deems it a scam?

You are working with big companies that wouldn't mind being associated with rigged ICO? Can you post the names of such companies here.

So that's a definite NO for discussing all of this on the main board.

So a NO from cfb and a NO from iota token.

Okay I see.

Both of you have both said the same thing though. That you don't care if the board sees it as a scam because you will take your scam to those that are not aware of it?

Okay I see.

So 3000% in just a few weeks with no real world testing/usage not even a gui, not on exchanges and with questions asked regarding the design that apparently can't be answered until it goes live?

So 3000% for all of these great things is not a get rich quick?

You're the lead spokesman for this dealing with large companies? Swearing and getting upset over a few trolls innocent questions examining only the truth.

Interesting. CFB should do the talking/lying/pumping/scamming  you keep building the lego processor or whatever it's called but do it in silence. For the sake of IOTA.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:10:29 AM

Not really. I criticized iotatoken's deceptive hype and pumping even before ICO, starting here in October along with several follow up posts on the same thread.

Nothing has changed, except a few more people are saying the same thing now, that is all.

The pressing issue is it wasn't hyped and pumped enough before and during the ICO.

For example cryptohunter didn't participate in the ICO even though he had read the threads.

There's no "pressing issue" as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'm just enjoying the shitshow and making an observation about behavior, and not limited to the deceptive hype or disingenuous claims of "not an investment". The behavior on this thread also says a lot of about iotatoken's demeanor, professionalism, credibility, and judgement as well. If you are here for hype and pumping, and hoping to exit your investment software license purchase at a high price, then great, he's probably the best person for the job. If you think that the IOTA organization is under good effective leadership for long term success then you need your head examined.
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:01:20 AM

There's no "pressing issue" as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps you haven't read the last couple of pages but that is the very issue in the recent discussion and the context in which I made the post.

Or perhaps you're just quoting out of context just to get an argument in.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:04:00 AM

Perhaps you haven't read the last couple of pages but that is the very issue in the recent discussion and the context in which I made the post.

No, what I'm suggesting is that different people (i.e. cryptohunter and me) may have different reasons to cry out about this mess. Before its over there will probably be more reasons.

I don't care about profits being missed. Every day there are at least tens of thousands of readily available investment vehicles that move up, down, or stay the same. Most of those are missed profit; such is life. And that's not even counting software licenses that can be resold for a higher price.
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:19:50 AM

No, what I'm suggesting is that ...

No. What you're doing is quoting out of context just to get to say "not really", or "no".

If you're not aware it irks people (and there can be legit reasons for this so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), then, well, it does. And if you are, then good for you, mission accomplished.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:23:45 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 07:35:13 AM by cryptohunter

People have different/many issues with IOTA.

I notice now LISK have raised nearly 7000BTC and still lot's of time left?

How many BTC did iota raise?

I am awaiting their final total to allow a more fair comparison with IOTA in the main forum thread.

The quicker IOTA has a wallet and is flowing freely in the open market on exchanges the better. The more it is kept captive and drizzled out whilst trying to 5 x every bit of news on the main board the more it looks like a scam.

When will this be out and readily usable by everyone?

It doesn't seem at all strange that the IOTA crowdsale or ico was not found on the main board. This is the ICO right.... the entire month nothing not hardly a peep about it on the main board. Now wait....MS briefly mentions it on its azure page amongst others and there you go 5 different threads on the main board all about the very same thing. On top of the a buy and sell thread right there on the main board (that sadly had to be moved ).

If you were not invested in this coin. You would be saying the same thing.

There have been enough ICO scams on here. NXT pulled it off to a degree. IOTA will not. If it wasn't the same people it wouldn't be so bad.

ICO's on here are ruining the crypto landscape.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:25:10 AM

NXT

You has ignored my requests not to derail the thread several times already. I can play the same game. I'm pressing [Ignore] button, good bye.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:36:55 AM

And that's not even counting software licenses that can be resold for a higher price.

Interesting if the companies which released that software were reported to SEC Smiley
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:38:22 AM

I am awaiting their final total to allow a more fair comparison with IOTA in the main forum thread.

Comparing the two IPOs does not have a meaning at all..

Lisk IPO was after the ETH pump and many whales (also small ETH initial investors) could participate in LISK to diversify. Can't see why comparing the total BTC sum will lead to any conclusion

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:39:06 AM

NXT

You has ignored my requests not to derail the thread several times already. I can play the same game. I'm pressing [Ignore] button, good bye.

Oh no!  I bet you pressed the delete button first but forgot this is the thread where that option is blanked out?

Never mind I'm betting you'll take me off delete in the near future.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:49:31 AM

Comparing the two IPOs does not have a meaning at all..

Lisk IPO was after the ETH pump and many whales (also small ETH initial investors) could participate in LISK to diversify. Can't see why comparing the total BTC sum will lead to any conclusion

Oh really? No meaning at ALL? to you perhaps because you want to see no meaning.

How many BTC did MAID raise? How many did ethereum raise?  

ALthough if you insist we can only add that comparison as an additional foot note. We will compare how many people were aware of the LISK ico at the time it happened to those that were aware of the IOTA Ico.

Because it has no meaning to an Iota investor does not mean it will have no meaning to someone who had LISK in their face on every page for weeks before and during the ICO and has only ever seen IOTA mentioned the day MS added a mention on its page.... 5 seperate threads on the same main page saying the same thing. Then a buy and sell thread appearing on the main section.

It shouldn't take a wizard to see that surely?

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:52:28 AM

what was your point again?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:00:43 AM

I don't want to see your point or any point that points away from my 3000% markup on my stealth insta ico tokens.

I'm sorry Sad

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:03:10 AM

Oh really? No meaning at ALL? to you perhaps because you want to see no meaning.

How many BTC did MAID raise? How many did ethereum raise?  

ALthough if you insist we can only add that comparison as an additional foot note. We will compare how many people were aware of the LISK ico at the time it happened to those that were aware of the IOTA Ico.

Because it has no meaning to an Iota investor does not mean it will have no meaning to someone who had LISK in their face on every page for weeks before and during the ICO and has only ever seen IOTA mentioned the day MS added a mention on its page.... 5 seperate threads on the same main page saying the same thing. Then a buy and sell thread appearing on the main section.

It shouldn't take a wizard to see that surely?

IOTA was mentioned at a lot of places. Do you remember the DAG thread?? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177633.msg13728624#msg13728624). So what you say is not the truth (it has not only been mentioned the day MS added it).

Comparing any IPO with another won't lead you to a conclusion regarding fairness. First of all noone can prove how many different individuals (and not accounts!) have participated in any of the IPOs, thus your statement is invalid.

Edit: correct typo

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: