Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:18:37 PM

The AT project was not a scam as it is currently active on *two* blockchains (name me any blockchains that are running IOTA).

CIYAM, you are sadly very confused, as we all know. Why would a blockchain running IOTA be some sort of indicator of anything? IOTA's Tangle *replaces* blockchains, it's a superior technology for several use-cases. But since you asked: several blockchain projects are working on 2way pegging IOTA.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 01:19:52 PM

CIYAM, you are sadly very confused, as we all know. Why would a blockchain running IOTA be some sort of indicator of anything? IOTA's Tangle *replaces* blockchains, it's a superior technology for several use-cases. But since you asked: several blockchain projects are working on 2way pegging IOTA.

So - as I stated - AT is running on two blockchains (Qora and Burst) and IOTA is running on zero (thanks for agreeing with me).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
iotatoken

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:21:04 PM

So - as I stated - AT is running on two blockchains (Qora and Burst) and IOTA is running on zero.

AT needs a blockchain. IOTA does not. How do you even compare the two? How dumb can a person truly be? With that comment you lost the tiny amount of integrity as a software developer you had left. You clearly don't even know what IOTA is or what a Tangle is. Sorry oldman, your time has past.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 01:23:04 PM

AT needs a blockchain. IOTA does not. How do you even compare the two? How dumb can a person truly be? With that comment you lost the tiny amount of integrity as a software developer you had left. You clearly don't even know what IOTA is or what a Tangle is. Sorry oldman, your time has past.

Just quoting this for the laughs. Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

iotatoken

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:23:57 PM

It's always good to be able to laugh at oneself. You are progressing.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 01:25:40 PM

Let's turn this into a real laugh - please explain to me the "tangle".

(you've already claimed that IOTA was your idea not CfB's so I guess you should be able to explain this in detail)

iotatoken

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:27:57 PM

Let's turn this into a real laugh - please explain to me the "tangle".

Here you go oldman: http://iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

As someone that has claimed that it is vaporware and bullshit, it's now refreshing to see that you don't even know what it is and thought it was some sort of DAPP that needs a blockchain to run Cheesy

It's so hilarious when a troll inadvertently admits he's clueless.

I will be watching this thread in the coming weeks to see how you guys react to the news Cheesy

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 01:30:46 PM

I will be watching this thread in the coming weeks to see how you guys react to the news Cheesy

What news?

I haven't read any - did I miss something?

Surely if this is all working there is already news - is there not?

So I have been watching the news for a long time but I've yet to read anything about this tech - why is that?

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:32:11 PM

Trolling trolls like THIS looks bad - you know it, too. There are people who follow these types of interactions when they are looking into the IOTA team - none of this provides confidence. You are 100% out of control as far as I am concerned. I keep hoping you will reign it in, but it just seems to get worse the more pressure that is put on you and the project.

I don't want a refund. And, once again, money is not everything. Every comment you make to anyone with questions comes back to "ROI" and "25x" or whatever. Some of us care about more than money. My concern for the PROJECT is genuine, not for ROI and not for 100000x. But, it doesn't matter, you are just going to keep going down the path you have set. That you think I am the enemy is indicative of where this is headed.

In all honesty, since you don't want to hire a community manager and since the style and tone in which you answer questions is so abrasive - why not just step away from the forum? Keep doing the things you do behind the scenes and just post a blog/update on IOTA when important questions need to be addressed. You just don't have the makeup to answer questions in real time, nor do you have the patience or ability to handle this part of the job.

You also clearly HATE this part of the job, so, just stop... I'm trying to tell you that it is hurting the project and you would rather get the last insult in than just normalizing the situation.  

The more time I spend around this space, the more I realize what a bunch of amateurs run all of these projects. This, by the way, is an open attack on all of you together. This entire thread is a bad joke and the fact that the main figures across multiple projects spend hours here everyday is symptomatic of why most of you (all?) will fail.

Yea, trolling some trolls for fun is definitely indicative of the status of a project. As we all know having fun is the ultimate sign that a project is doomed.

rtrtcrypto, here's a solution to your misery: I will refund your iotas.
iotatoken

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:37:58 PM

RTRTCRYPTO:

I have offered you a refund here in public and also in PM. If you honestly think IOTA is a failed project (like you just proclaimed) you will accept the refund, you will get back your tokens and the IOTA goes to someone that actually has a use for it, not a speculator.

If you just want to continue whining about something you have no idea of, go ahead, I will not pay attention.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:46:18 PM

Again, another outright threat. This time of possibly blacklisting me from the project. Is this really the vision you have for this space and for your project?

I'm even more disappointed now. Also, NO, I will not accept a refund or being blacklisted. I paid for my IOTAs and hope you will honor that agreement. That I already claimed them and that this claim was not good enough (as we must claim again) and that you now threaten me with the taking away of my seed and my share of IOTAs is close to a criminal act.

Stop this non-sense and get yourself under control. If you think I have nothing to offer, then simply put me on IGNORE list and move on. My goal is what it always was, to be part of IOTA and to have the tokens I paid for.  

RTRTCRYPTO:

I have offered you a refund here in public and also in PM. If you honestly think IOTA is a failed project (like you just proclaimed) you will accept the refund, you will get back your tokens and the IOTA goes to someone that actually has a use for it, not a speculator.

If you just want to continue whining about something you have no idea of, go ahead, I will not pay attention.
iotatoken

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:59:39 PM

Again, another outright threat. This time of possibly blacklisting me from the project. Is this really the vision you have for this space and for your project?

I'm even more disappointed now. Also, NO, I will not accept a refund or being blacklisted. I paid for my IOTAs and hope you will honor that agreement. That I already claimed them and that this claim was not good enough (as we must claim again) and that you now threaten me with the taking away of my seed and my share of IOTAs is close to a criminal act.

Stop this non-sense and get yourself under control. If you think I have nothing to offer, then simply put me on IGNORE list and move on. My goal is what it always was, to be part of IOTA and to have the tokens I paid for.  

RTRTCRYPTO:

Threat? You're expressing that you are dissatisfied as a customer, in the world of commerce the most natural and ethical way to resolve such a dispute is a refund. Stop using these 'scary words' to get attention please.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:04:26 PM

My intention was never to be "slanderous".
Anyway, I realize I don't help at all. I will just stand down/aside.
rtrt

KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:46:26 PM

... AT is running on two blockchains (Qora and Burst) ....

@CIYAM, are you still working on Qora?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:02:02 AM

Shame on you, CIYAM!!!   How dare you not do something you had ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKIN' CONTROL over?!?!?   Roll Eyes

Exactly - he should be speaking to Jean-Luc about why AT was never added to Nxt (as it could easily have been).

My guess is that he is a NXT bag-holder (so in fact his real issues should be with CfB and the like but I am guessing he is now an IOTA bag-holder as well so he doesn't dare have a go at them).

Wrong.  Like RTRT pointed out, I've been highly critical of David and didn't invest a cent into IOTA, because I think it is a poor business premise and that David doesn't have the business skills to pull it off.  I'm also upset with Jean-Luc, the NXT devs, the NXT Foundation, committees, and marketing team.

This idiot makes a donation and then claims there are all these conditions about his donation being returned - but where are those conditions in writing?
(and also the idiot can't even show any evidence that he even made such a donation - just claims that I should remember whilst at the same time he appears to back statements by others that I am so intoxicated every day that it wouldn't even be possible for me to remember any such thing)

@DecentralizedEconomics - grow up child - if you "donate" then you don't ask for a refund (am guessing you are the kind of person that asks a charity for a refund if you're not happy with what happens 2 years later also).

Also - if we "failed to deliver" then how on earth does Burst and Qora have AT?
(as I have repeatedly pointed out Nxt could simply have used the code that was used in Burst)

Perhaps you are simply too young to understand what is and what isn't a scam (maybe someone else can educate you because I know that I can't be bothered with you any more).

What type of unscrupulous individual collects money (donations or not) under one pretense, fails to deliver upon that pretense, and keeps the money.  Your right, if I gave money to charity under the assumption that it would be used for a certain project and they took the money and spent it on something else, I'd sue them.  It's too bad that you have to fall back on "show me the signed contract" and people can't take you for your word.  Again, I don't care about implementation on Burst or Qora.  Both of those are failed projects and PoC is a joke.  I honestly didn't expect for you to refund my money, because I've heard from numerous people what type of a person you are and you just proved their point.

RTRTCRYPTO:

You know David, you ought to be thanking RTRT for trying to help you.  He's giving you some good advice, and you'd be smart to take it.  While I don't agree with you on a lot of things, I think it would be unfortunate for you to drive this business, even though I don't think it has a high probability of success, and everyones' investment into the ground.  I don't know how one minute you can claim you are successful, because you've returned XX% ROI, and the next minute lambaste people for being speculators.  It seems you honestly believe that your investors are your enemy and that businesses don't need investors.  That conviction means that IOTA is already dead regardless of anything else.  You'd do yourself a world of good by not being so antagonistic to everyone, mainly your investors, and try to act like a real businessman who is looking out for everyone's best interests.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
iotatoken

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:16:07 AM

You know David, you ought to be thanking RTRT for trying to help you.  He's giving you some good advice, and you'd be smart to take it.  While I don't agree with you on a lot of things, I think it would be unfortunate for you to drive this business, even though I don't think it has a high probability of success, and everyones' investment into the ground.  I don't know how one minute you can claim you are successful, because you've returned XX% ROI, and the next minute lambaste people for being speculators.  It seems you honestly believe that your investors are your enemy and that businesses don't need investors.  That conviction means that IOTA is already dead regardless of anything else.  You'd do yourself a world of good by not being so antagonistic to everyone, mainly your investors, and try to act like a real businessman who is looking out for everyone's best interests.

I won't go into my private dialogue with rtrtcrypto beyond simply saying that you're dead wrong, as usual.

*However* unlike the trolls like altcoinUK and CIYAM who are both just bitter about being in their 60s and not having achieved *ANYTHING* in their life, you are slightly more entertaining on a slightly deeper level.

We both disagree as vehemently as possible when it comes to virtually everything from politics to morals & ethics, but let's discuss business.
You didn't buy any iotas, either because you're too ignorant to see the potential in the world's first blockless, fee-less, distributed ledger for IoT, *or* because you let your emotions control your decisions (aka: illogical and irrational).

Re: why on one hand I feel comfortable with pointing out that I am making people rich, while also reiterating that I never *promised* anyone to make them rich. It's really simple: I know exactly what I am doing and why I am doing it. You honestly think that a forum as infested with trolls as BTT is somehow indicative of how well a project is doing? I'll give you a very open and libertarian bet: If IOTA hasn't achieved 'success' by within the next 2 months I am willing to pay you 100 BTC, if you're willing to pay me 100 BTC if indeed IOTA is a success by then. It's a very simple issue, if you honestly don't trust my vision and skills. Your move.

yolanda222
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:49:33 AM

iota what it is, can you explain to me?
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:38:00 AM

I'll give you a very open and libertarian bet: If IOTA hasn't achieved 'success' by within the next 2 months I am willing to pay you 100 BTC, if you're willing to pay me 100 BTC if indeed IOTA is a success by then. It's a very simple issue, if you honestly don't trust my vision and skills. Your move.

What metric would you use to measure 'success' ... marketcap, nodes, transactions, big deal $$, foundation $$ etc

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:46:18 AM

I'll give you a very open and libertarian bet: If IOTA hasn't achieved 'success' by within the next 2 months I am willing to pay you 100 BTC, if you're willing to pay me 100 BTC if indeed IOTA is a success by then. It's a very simple issue, if you honestly don't trust my vision and skills. Your move.

I haven't trusted your business skills for a lot longer than two months... this bet can't be retroactive can it?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:46:55 AM

I haven't trusted your business skills for a lot longer than two months... this bet can't be retroactive can it?

Take the bet, lower the amount if you like, but for a guy who talks a lot, you need to back it up with some conviction for once. If you don't like gambling agree with iotatoken to donate the 'prize' to a charity of your choice

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: