Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:35:21 AM

Oh really? No meaning at ALL? to you perhaps because you want to see no meaning.

How many BTC did MAID raise? How many did ethereum raise?  

ALthough if you insist we can only add that comparison as an additional foot note. We will compare how many people were aware of the LISK ico at the time it happened to those that were aware of the IOTA Ico.

Because it has no meaning to an Iota investor does not mean it will have no meaning to someone who had LISK in their face on every page for weeks before and during the ICO and has only ever seen IOTA mentioned the day MS added a mention on its page.... 5 seperate threads on the same main page saying the same thing. Then a buy and sell thread appearing on the main section.

It shouldn't take a wizard to see that surely?

IOTA was mentioned at a lot of places. Do you remember the DAG thread?? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177633.msg13728624#msg13728624). So what you say is not the truth (it has not only been mentioned the day MS added it).

Comparing any IPO with another won't lead you to a conclusion regarding fairness. First of all noone can prove how many different individuals (and not accounts!) have participated in any of the IPOs, thus your statement is invalid.

Edit: correct typo

So the only thread you provide as your counter is not even a thread started by the IOTA team. That is quite alarming.

That thread was not even started by Iota. They just jacked some other guy that is using DAG too?

PROVE??  look the onus is not on me to prove anything. bAlthough I have already showed within reason other ICO's have done a far better job or advertising their ICO before and during the ICO phase. The onus should be on ICO's to prove they are not gaming the distribution. Or to reasonable steps to avoid looking like they are doing a stealth ico. Like lisk is doing.
Not letting it get to the point where it looks 100% gamed then saying hey you can't prove anything because there could be just two members on this board with 20k sock puppets each. That does not work.

What you are saying is all ICO's should be banned from this board because fairness can not be proven even if user account names were listed.

This point was covered up thread. If a large proportion of this board voted or relayed their experiences with other ICOS then you are saying the amount of puppets is so large the entire sample must be ignored/trashed. That is far less likely than Iota being an stealthy insta ico. Although what you are saying favours POW only and banning ICO altogether because if a transparent (by the boards standards of using usernames) ICO is still highly open to scams by the dev team then one like iotas with no investor information is even more  open to being a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:51:07 AM

I just stated that it was also mentioned elsewhere, where's the problem with that?

The ICO was clearly visible, whoever visits alt threads in BTT or reads news articles in big crypto sites had a big chance to see it and learn it. Nothing was hidden.

Honestly, I wouldn't think someone would complain about IOTAs IPO and distribution. It has gained a lot of participants and BTCs than many other IPOs (eg Qora).

Also I am not saying that all IPOs should be banned..IPOs are useful and exist for a purpose. I was just saying that it is not logical to use this kind of logic as an argument and rush into wrong conclusions.

Also, it seems that you regret not participating in it..well, you still can!

Such revolutionary products don't come often.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:15:57 AM

Tim: feel free to engage him if you want, it can be hilarious entertainment to talk with trolls, but just making sure that you understand that he's 100% just a troll. None of his concerns are legit. He's just pissed he missed out on the ICO, nothing else.

gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:19:31 AM

I'am nobody and not connected with anyone here.  I admit I am a bit stupid, for example I don't understand ETH succes. In spite of everything I invested a little in these ICO. It was easy to find and has lasted more than enough to make my decision.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:30:17 AM

I don't understand ETH succes

Ethereum became successful because its team got an obvious thing - the world outside of this forum doesn't care about BTT and its users opinion. At all.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:57:52 AM

Ethereum became successful because its team got an obvious thing - the world outside of this forum doesn't care about BTT and its users opinion. At all.

hahahahahahaha! Exactly! Which is why I find this Trollpit amusing sometimes too!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:49:41 AM

hahahahahahaha! Exactly! Which is why I find this Trollpit amusing sometimes too!
Yes, but the amusement value is limited when the same regurgitated blah blah, is posted over and over. Also, can the trolls please up the quality and post some facts for a change.
Bring back crumbs/NLC !   
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:19:48 AM

Also, can the trolls please up the quality and post some facts for a change.

Today the trolls are not that funny as in good ole days.

Let's play a game, it may improve the percentage of funny posts:

As we all know altcoinUK claims that Iota team has no experience in a lot of things. Let's take one of Jinn USPs - distributed computing. This article of mine dated by July of 2002 - http://www.nestor.minsk.by/kg/2002/07/kg20708.html - scratches the problem of distributed computing. It's in Russian, titled "Distributed computations with minimal expenses". It indicates that 13+ years ago I was already interested in DC. After a decade even a very stupid person would get some experience in what s/he is interested in.

The task of the game: Find a good excuse why I wouldn't get more experience since that.

Example: Soon after the article publication CFB quitted programming to make career of a strip dancer.

PS: Try to be original.
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:08:33 PM

Also, can the trolls please up the quality and post some facts for a change.

Today the trolls are not that funny as in good ole days.

Let's play a game, it may improve the percentage of funny posts:

As we all know altcoinUK claims that Iota team has no experience in a lot of things. Let's take one of Jinn USPs - distributed computing. This article of mine dated by July of 2002 - http://www.nestor.minsk.by/kg/2002/07/kg20708.html - scratches the problem of distributed computing. It's in Russian, titled "Distributed computations with minimal expenses". It indicates that 13+ years ago I was already interested in DC. After a decade even a very stupid person would get some experience in what s/he is interested in.

The task of the game: Find a good excuse why I wouldn't get more experience since that.

Example: Soon after the article publication CFB quitted programming to make career of a strip dancer.

PS: Try to be original.

CFB worked hard for over a decade. Developing, researching and funding his own new hardware program in the hopes of revolutionizing the modern computing world. Completely redesigning the classic architecture of cpu, ram, hdd, gpu and motherboard.

One day in the shower, he slipped and hit his head. He was fine and got up and continued to work like normal. Upon walking outside he realized he wasn't wearing his aluminium hate. By now it was too late. The government wiped his mind through beams from a satellite.

The next day he started Jinn. Cfb literally has no idea what he is doing. SCAMMM!

Edit: 'he' is referring to cfb.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:22:00 PM

Not bad  Grin
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:51:12 PM

Such revolutionary products don't come often.

Warning, IOTA sockpuppet/shill alert!

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:57:35 PM

CFB worked hard for over a decade. Developing, researching and funding his own new hardware program in the hopes of revolutionizing the modern computing world. Completely redesigning the classic architecture ...

LoL

Plus, his Java software provided solution for virtually all major issues of our age including but not limited to curing cancer, creating AIDS vaccine, solving global warming and regulating the rigged Wall Street economy. Even the Belarusian Communist Party was providing free speech and press to the fan-boys of Lukashenko via the infinitely scalable IOTA tokens.

Fellow software engineers pointed out that his software is a shamble: there are hard coded configuration settings, serious design flaws and security concerns, there is no error handling, no proper exception handling, the object oriented design is inconsistent, there are no comments not even unit tests, etc. However, CfB refuted those concerns by pointing out that in order punch an IOTA token into a black hole via a time machine, he must implement a reference design, which of course is asynchronous and object oriented, in fact the polymorphism implements the interfaces of world domination and infinite richness. He said such programming nuances and consequently greatness can’t be learned in college.
Fellow software engineers pointed out that the whole talk about reference design does not make sense at all and of course he talks bollocks, but the IOTA investors’ fate in CfB was unshaken - he collected another few hundreds BTC from the crowd – which has absolutely no idea what he is talking about when bullshitting with the reference design – by promising that if he can get a bit more money from the idiots, then he will be able to punch the IOTA tokens into the black hole in an asynchronous manner, while a remotely controlled IoT device will be jerking off the IOTA investors in real time.

Indeed, the IOTA investors are very lucky.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:06:12 PM

Are you 2kool from the NXT days?

Because the more I read your posts, the more I feel that same sort of obsessive nature (and "decentralizedeconomics" is not around, who clearly is also 2kool)... it must be you, no?

CFB worked hard for over a decade. Developing, researching and funding his own new hardware program in the hopes of revolutionizing the modern computing world. Completely redesigning the classic architecture ...

LoL

Plus, his Java software provided solution for virtually all major issues of our age including but not limited to curing cancer, creating AIDS vaccine, solving global warming and regulating the rigged Wall Street economy. Even the Belarusian Communist Party was providing free speech and press to the fan-boys of Lukashenko via the infinitely scalable IOTA tokens.

Fellow software engineers pointed out that his software is a shamble: there are hard coded configuration settings, serious design flaws and security concerns, there is no error handling, no proper exception handling, the object oriented design is inconsistent, there are no comments not even unit tests, etc. However, CfB refuted those concerns by pointing out that in order punch an IOTA token into a black hole via a time machine, he must implement a reference design, which of course is asynchronous and object oriented, in fact the polymorphism implements the interfaces of world domination and infinite richness. He said such programming nuances and consequently greatness can’t be learned in college.
Fellow software engineers pointed out that the whole talk about reference design does not make sense at all and of course he talks bollocks, but the IOTA investors’ fate in CfB was unshaken - he collected another few hundreds BTC from the crowd – which has absolutely no idea what he is talking about when bullshitting with the reference design – by promising that if he can get a bit more money from the idiots, then he will be able to punch the IOTA tokens into the black hole in an asynchronous manner, while a remotely controlled IoT device will be jerking off the IOTA investors in real time.

Indeed, the IOTA investors are very lucky.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:17:44 PM

What coin is that
Still nothing
Must be ready 2 months now and still nothing

And then the idiots who gave money to these two wankers will start to realize that there is nothing will be delivered for the $500k except the hyping by IOTA shills and sockpuppets and a failed P&D operation.
LiQio
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:24:46 PM

Hi altcoinUK, finally back from school.
Don't forget to do your homework first!

Can you quickly walk us through all the problems you (plural) found in current code?  Grin
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:54:11 PM

I'm kind of sad this is 2kool...

Mainly because this level of flip-flopping is just insane - he was the biggest NXT supporter on the planet, nothing NXT could do was wrong, he'd defend the code and everything else. Now? Well, he is upset at NXT so NXT is a "scam" the main original developer is now "an idiot hack", etc.

Just, the criteria changed so much that it makes any position he takes incoherent. When people used to attack NXT he would defend the protocol as being "the only hope for a decentralized future" etc etc. Now, the NXT code and entire protocol is a scam? Then, he attacks CfB here, but, he was a huge CfB supporter (who hasn't changed AT ALL in all these years)... so, what happened? Well, we know the answer, he got upset that he got booted from NXT forum - I mean, not a huge event to get THIS upset over. Nothing is, in fact.

The part that bothers me is that this same person, knowing the same things he knows today, flips his position COMPLETELY. That is just emotion talking, obviously. No rational person could come to completely different views on the same subjects with zero changes in information.

CfB was always a little crazy and cryptic - that is the same. His code and skills were always presented in an unorthodox manner - still the same. etc etc etc. Attacking NXT also seems very strange, as he was the biggest DEFENDER of NXT against many of the points he is bringing up about it NOW. *smh*

All this time and energy wasted has never been about "warning" anyone about anything. Just like all that wasted energy trying to "destroy" BITSHARES or whatever his "pet project to hate" was at any given time.

All of this has always been about 2Kool himself, the need to be heard (at any cost for any, even if trivial, reasons)... and here we are, in thread number 10,000 he has created about "the dangers of project XYZ" where his great character will "save the stupid fools who can't see the truth". It's always the same narrative and no one seems to care. His myriad threads never derailed a single project (the project will live or die on its own merits).

Point being, these type of threads are not about anything other than the ego of the "bringer of truth"... aka. guy just wants to ramble on and on for 100 pages about his need to save the planet, which is nothing more than someone needing an escape from reality. These threads are not about "investors" "protocols" "warnings", these threads are about the person who starts them and their need to project an importance onto their lives which they can't seem to realize away from the internet. I feel sorry for 2Kool, at his best, I thought he was a positive contributor - even at his angriest.

Just let this thread and others like it (the 100s he has created) die. There is nothing to see here. No one who put money into the protocol cares, they have already taken the risk and these communities are small - saving 300-500 people from their desire to partake in this kind of tech/movement is foolish. This thread is saving no one and harming no one, it is at best wasted space and at worse a sign that 2Kool is very unhappy about things outside the scope of this forum and the internet.

This makes me sad, honestly. At the very least, I wish he'd express how he REALLY feels... which I can see (this being super obvious), has nothing to do with saving anyone and protecting anyone from anything.

2Kool, I'm not going to curse, I'm not going to yell, etc. I'm sorry you feel so wronged and I would rather talk about THAT than waste more time pretending this thread is about anything OTHER than the need to express that you are upset at things which have little or nothing to do with "code", "investor safety and legality" and other points brought up.

I wish you luck, man. I always worried a bit about you. I hope things get better.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:13:24 PM

Fellow software engineers...

Now I get what that mysterious "we" meant.

PS: Too put it short, there are 7 sins of Programming and I committed them all. This is kinda an achievement, isn't it?  Cheesy
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:16:28 PM

And then the idiots who gave money to these two wankers will start to realize that there is nothing will be delivered for the $500k except the hyping by IOTA shills and sockpuppets and a failed P&D operation.

If you keep calling people who bought iotas idiots you will never get their personal info for that Suit of the Millenuim. BTW, what did the officer said? "Go away kid, we have serious work to do"?  Cheesy
l8orre
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:17:24 PM

I wish you luck, man. I always worried a bit about you. I hope things get better.

meh. I hope this is not true- that would be kind of a letdown...
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:34:06 PM

meh. I hope this is not true- that would be kind of a letdown...

DecentralizedEconomics is 2kool, this he has admitted numerous times. He's one of the people whom should seriously read up on the trolley problem and contemplate that he got organs in his body that could save 5 lives, just to put his life into perspective and hopefully inspire him to do something productive instead of trolling all day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: