Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:20:23 AM

I'll give you a very open and libertarian bet: If IOTA hasn't achieved 'success' by within the next 2 months I am willing to pay you 100 BTC, if you're willing to pay me 100 BTC if indeed IOTA is a success by then. It's a very simple issue, if you honestly don't trust my vision and skills. Your move.

I haven't trusted your business skills for a lot longer than two months... this bet can't be retroactive can it?

Take the bet, lower the amount if you like, but for a guy who talks a lot, you need to back it up with some conviction for once. If you don't like gambling agree with iotatoken to donate the 'prize' to a charity of your choice

Honestly, I don't think David has 100 BTC of his personal money to "gamble" like this.  Investor money maybe, but not his own.  Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling", but I'm having a personal crisis right now determining if this would really be considered "gambling".

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:28:10 AM

iota what it is, can you explain to me?

a scam

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:45:23 PM

iota what it is, can you explain to me?

First distributed ledger without any fees, specifically made for Internet-of-Things. It's a Ledger of Things in the Economy of Things:)

iotatoken

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:45:53 PM

I'll give you a very open and libertarian bet: If IOTA hasn't achieved 'success' by within the next 2 months I am willing to pay you 100 BTC, if you're willing to pay me 100 BTC if indeed IOTA is a success by then. It's a very simple issue, if you honestly don't trust my vision and skills. Your move.

I haven't trusted your business skills for a lot longer than two months... this bet can't be retroactive can it?

Take the bet, lower the amount if you like, but for a guy who talks a lot, you need to back it up with some conviction for once. If you don't like gambling agree with iotatoken to donate the 'prize' to a charity of your choice

Honestly, I don't think David has 100 BTC of his personal money to "gamble" like this.  Investor money maybe, but not his own.  Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling", but I'm having a personal crisis right now determining if this would really be considered "gambling".

Here you've already kind of lost the bet if you had been a man to take it because I got so much to 'gamble' on a safe bet of my personal money Smiley So I guess this proves that my business skills is better than you thought and so you failed, *nobody is surprised*.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:19:58 AM

Honestly, I don't think David has 100 BTC of his personal money to "gamble" like this.  Investor money maybe, but not his own.  Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling", but I'm having a personal crisis right now determining if this would really be considered "gambling".

Here you've already kind of lost the bet if you had been a man to take it because I got so much to 'gamble' on a safe bet of my personal money Smiley So I guess this proves that my business skills is better than you thought and so you failed, *nobody is surprised*.

I don't believe that you have 100 BTC of your own money to gamble, and I believe you would dip into IOTA funds to pay out, since such a bet, if fairly and subjectively judged, would be a guaranteed win for me.  I'm not going to be an accomplice to malfeasance which is what this amounts to.  Good job making my point that you have no business running anything let alone a company.  Get help for your gambling problem.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
iotatoken

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:51:17 AM

Hahah weakest cop out in histrolly

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:01:35 AM

Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling"

Please enlighten us how your speculation on vaporware Synereo and its future success is not gambling.

Please refer to the definition of 'hypocrite'.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:10:51 AM

Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling"

Please enlighten us how your speculation on vaporware Synereo and its future success is not gambling.

Please refer to the definition of 'hypocrite'.

Gambling requires no foresight or knowledge.  Speculation requires both.

Please refer to the definition of 'idiot'.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:40:38 AM

Gambling requires no foresight or knowledge.  Speculation requires both.

Why do you contradict yourself.

Refer to your use the term 'gambling' as your excuse for being unwilling to back up your foresight on Iota's success within the next 2 months.

Yes please refer to the definition of 'idiot'.

Feel free to deflect your embarrassment with something about posting photos of testicles or any other of your other hypocrite moralizing bullshit.
anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:46:04 AM

I don't believe that you have 100 BTC of your own money to gamble, and I believe you would dip into IOTA funds to pay out, since such a bet, if fairly and subjectively judged, would be a guaranteed win for me.  I'm not going to be an accomplice to malfeasance which is what this amounts to.  Good job making my point that you have no business running anything let alone a company.  Get help for your gambling problem.

haha..I used to come up with weak excuses like this one when I was a 1st grader. Come on, man up.

IOTA - iotatoken.com
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:03:24 AM

Refer to your use the term 'gambling' as your excuse for being unwilling to back up your foresight on Iota's success within the next 2 months.

Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling", but I'm having a personal crisis right now determining if this would really be considered "gambling".

such a bet, if fairly and subjectively judged, would be a guaranteed win for me.

Feel free to deflect your embarrassment with something about posting photos of testicles or any other of your other hypocrite moralizing bullshit.

I knew it was you.  Since you've been absent from the forum for a few days, I was hoping that Darwinism had finally taken its course and ensured that you could no longer spread your apologetic, immoral ways.  How'd you come up with such a creative username by the way?

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:07:49 AM

PMed you...
iamnotback

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:44:33 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 12:00:57 PM by iamnotback

Normally, I'm morally opposed to "gambling"...

Feel free to deflect your embarrassment with something about ... your other hypocrite moralizing bullshit.

Please enlighten us why "free will" is immoral (i.e. the free will to choose to participate in a randomized redistribution of bets).

Seems immoral to want top-down control to remove "free will", for it is the antithesis of the physics of existence:

It isn't usually possible to throw the bath water out independently of the baby when the baby is a decentralized market. You say you want decentralized markets, yet you are unwilling to accept their imperfection. Imperfection is required to have any dynamic system. Otherwise you have top-down control, which is the antithesis of existence, because the speed-of-light is necessarily finite (otherwise past and future would collapse into an infinitesimal nothingness) and thus a top-down observer can't anneal distributed processes in real-time.

Nature is simultaneously ugly and fabulously diverse and interesting. I wouldn't prefer the disinfected nirvana of absolutely no possibilities.

If Satoshi's idealism was decentralization, you don't want it.

Now readers will understand why I referred you to your own request to look up the definition of 'idiot'. You aren't one of sharpest Qtips in the medicinal cabinet.
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:53:11 PM

Take the bet

We don't engage with scammers in any form of businesses, not even in betting. We ridicule the scammers, call them piece of shit scammers, but don't do business with the IOTA scammers. That's all they got: try to discredit the critics by coming up with all kind of absurd and nonsense bets and then they will cry for weeks by going to all possible threads of this forum "boohhhoooo, he didn't take the bet". In fact, these two clowns come up with a bet every 24 hours. Tell him, you dick is small. He will set up a bet to settle the matter. Tell him your asshole is not tight enough for the horny prison population. I guarantee, the clowns will offer a bet. However, you don't legitimate the existence of a scammer who transformed cryptocurrency into this gambling swamp by accepting any business offer from them.

What metric would you use to measure 'success'

Good questions, but there is nothing new with regards to this. The measure of success cannot be what normally is a success in the gambling swamp. I have no doubt they will deliver 20-50x ROI for the greedy shills who promote their scam so hard, but how can be a success to create many bagholders and losers? All P&D coins - like IOTA will be - inevitably results in an army of bagholders who lose money. That is not a success, even if the creators of the scam and their shills make money.

I stand by my statement: IOTA will be never used by any TOP100 bluechip IoT business for IoT micropayments, which is the primary use case of IOTA. Nobody from the industry that matters will touch the decentralized micropayments offering (note, meaningless Hong Kong based lonely professionals, their partners are irrelevant in IoT). At the same time that is the primary use cases of IOTA. I was right about their Microsoft Azure hype (I said the sign-up based relation with MSFT means nothing) and I am correct about the IoT use case as well.

iotatoken

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 02:45:44 PM

I stand by my statement: IOTA will be never used by any TOP100 bluechip IoT business for IoT micropayments, which is the primary use case of IOTA. Nobody from the industry that matters will touch the decentralized micropayments offering (note, meaningless Hong Kong based lonely professionals, their partners are irrelevant in IoT). At the same time that is the primary use cases of IOTA. I was right about their Microsoft Azure hype (I said the sign-up based relation with MSFT means nothing) and I am correct about the IoT use case as well.

You were not right about Microsoft, at all.

But here you finally make some tangible claims that can be falsified in the coming months. So I ask you for the 100th time: do you dare to take the bet?

Also the primary use case for IOTA is not just micro-transactions, it's a distributed ledger. We made it specifically because we need micro-transactions for IoT distributed computing, but it can be used for a ton of other applications ranging from data transfer to e-voting.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:00:01 PM

We don't engage with scammers in any form of businesses, not even in betting. We ridicule the scammers, call them piece of shit scammers

What about the alleged Bitcoin scam of mining costs charged to the Chinese people and profits kept for the politically well connected? Do you ridicule it?

And who determines which is a scam and which is not? You?

I agree you have your free will to do what ever you want. And I have the free will to think you are obnoxious. You seem to be under the delusion that you have any relevance in this sphere.

You are as relevant as the ant who just scurried onto my desk and got squashed by my thumb.

Tell him your asshole is not tight enough for the horny prison population.

Hey Mr. Irrelevant Self-Appointed Altcoin Police Enforcer, you never answered me:

by now he is a law enforcement material

What enforcement  Huh Copious tough talking diarrhoea flowing out one end but zero action forthcoming.

Indiegogo doesn't even enforce their own policy against selling prohibited perks that are negotiable instruments.

AnonyMint documented the reasons ICOs can be considered harmful, but it is irrelevant.

Decentralized, open sourced tokens are probably not investment securities regardless of how they were issued, but many of these recent schemes such as the DAO appear to not be actually sufficiently decentralized to avoid being classified as investment securities. But that is the potential legal problem for the issuers and perhaps promoters, but not for the readers here who are just the speculators.

There are too many self-important do-nothing talking heads on this forum. At least the scammers are risking their own future legal problems to provide the market here a semblance of what it craves.

So keep on babbling talking heads. That is a symptom of the disease of the incapable.

So if you really think your goal is to invest to better the true adoption and goals of a decentralized economy, then stop whining and go make it a reality. Stop blaming the scammers for your own inability to invest in and/or launch something that really addresses that goal.

Being less worse, doesn't make it an accomplishment. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Too much useless verbal diarrhoea on BCT.

And then he claims to know what is expert coding  Roll Eyes Ah pardon me, but being an active coder yourself would allow you to be a peer. Otherwise you are just a rocking chair, finger up his anal-yst. Yeah I know you scored 16 touchdowns in 1932 for the Brooklyn Browns with half your ear torn off. How many times have you repeated that story? Btw, we wear helmets now and take steriods. And ES6 with modules on Node.js isn't your grandmother's Java threads.

I have no doubt they will deliver 20-50x ROI for the greedy shills who promote their scam so hard, but how can be a success to create many bagholders and losers? All P&D coins - like IOTA will be - inevitably results in an army of bagholders who lose money. That is not a success, even if the creators of the scam and their shills make money.

Boohoo. Isn't that just like life and nature. The lion has to kill in order to eat. Lunch money investors want to take risks and try to become millionaires. Who appointed you as top dick sergeant?

You are welcome to criticize their plans, but your "holier than thou" façade is typically a covering for skeletons in your own closet. I been around long enough in this world to know those who protest the most, have the worst guilt. Applying this psychological tool, DecentralizedEconomics likely has some serious skeletons in his closet revolving about sexual perversion.

I stand by my statement: IOTA will be never used by any TOP100 bluechip IoT business for IoT micropayments, which is the primary use case of IOTA.

This statement is not so hypocritically righteous. You are expressing your foresight. I have my own doubts about the viability of most of the altcoins.

Bitcoin seems entirely viable as the TrojanHorse that enslaves us in a digital loss of privacy and easily executed capital controls with the control over the mining by the oligarchs.

It is one big fucking mess. So please stop the pretension.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:17:26 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:30:26 PM by DecentralizeEconomics

We don't engage with scammers in any form of businesses, not even in betting. We ridicule the scammers, call them piece of shit scammers

What about the alleged Bitcoin scam of mining costs charged to the Chinese people and profits kept for the politically well connected? Do you ridicule it?

Yes

DecentralizedEconomics likely has some serious skeletons in his closet revolving about sexual perversion.

Lol.  Not everyone is as messed up as you are.  Ever thought that maybe some of us are just sick of your degenerate crap?

You aren't one of sharpest Qtips in the medicinal cabinet.

What?  Qtips are supposed to be soft and round.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:53:24 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 09:59:14 AM by iamnotback

Ever thought that maybe some of us are just sick

The Freudian slip irony.

What?  Qtips are supposed to be soft and round.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:28:38 AM

Ever thought that maybe some of us are just sick

The Freudian slip irony.

What?  Qtips are supposed to be soft and round.

Who are you to make unsubstantiated accusations about anyone?  Let's just look at the facts.  You're living in the Philippines with some twenty-six year old bimbo attempting to get a diagnosis on Bitcointalk for a medical aliment affecting your genitals, which you claim isn't a STD (Uh-uh, sure it isn't), while spending the mass-majority of your time posting absolute nonsense in some pathetic attempt to prove to everyone else your self-worth.  Not only that, you get on here and promote the "acceptance of drug use" and "promiscuous sex as natural".  Are you trying to get others to follow you down the path of messing up their lives so completely that there is no return?  What is wrong with you?  You've contracted a disease from your ex-wife, presumably, who was sleeping around with drug dealers to get her fix, and you still think this type of behavior is "natural"?  Not to mention your twenty some year old children, which I can only imagine that you left with your drug-addicted ex-wife when you ran off to the Philippines.  What type of a loser are you?  Who leaves their children with someone like that?  Those kids are going to need some serious therapy to get over you two screwballs.  You've already stated that you don't have a lot of BTC, so why don't you get off this forum, go get a job, and at least attempt to financially provide for your children who you've neglected all these years.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:34:04 PM

Iamnotback is  Anonymint?

Is the tptbnw account locked down by the mods still? i though he said he was leaving by his own choice not because the mods took down his account?

Anyone (who is pretty smart) could come here imposing as anonymint.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: