Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70699 times)
SteveoMB

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:44:03 PM

Be wary of IOTA, they don't like constructive criticism. Red flags are raised:

They dont take kindly on even asking how Iota is supposed to work.

However, they do spread bullshit about Byteball on here, and in their slack forum, they are originater of "Byteball is a blockchain and DAG hybrid" lie.

Iota action smell bad, like something is rotten.

The whole "we'll beat quantum computing" even is a bunch of bs. How can they beat something that can compute several states at the same time almost instantaneously with regular tech that still computes things one at a time? Sounds like they are spreading a bunch of hype to uninformed individuals.

I'm sure someone in their team is working under Ubuntu and somehow convinced their boss about this new fancy shmancy state of the art technology and the many moneys they will make.

The guy I bought some IOTA from said he was selling all of their coins because of internal conflicts with Come-from-Beyond and hinted that the initial investors have a hard time dealing with someone who doesn't want to discuss how the project even works. To the point that they were not allowed to question iota.

Like you said, smells of another BTC scam. What's new in the alt-world, same thing over and over again.

you guys don't wanna get a better image of IOTA. you just stick to your opinion. This looks to me like a conditioned opinion because this isn't about IOTA. this is about byteball or whatever you invested in instead.
everyone INCLUDING dom and david tried their best and talked to you guys to clear uncertain questions but you still come here to trigger everyone.
and I'm asking myself why.
is this just bottom-feeding or is this an honest scientific opinion based on facts?
because all I can see is an ever repeating trump-argumentation with phrases and neural diarrhea.
for the facts I'm willing to start an AmA. You may ask anything and I don't even give a shit about ad hominem. you insult, you ask, I answer anyway.
the first question I saw is "Is quantum-proof bullshit!?"
no.
Winternitz one time signature scheme enables the quantum resistance. here: this for example doesn't say quantum proof or immune, but resistance. and furthermore, that "Current research suggests, that the
security of hash-based signatures will not be significantly harmed by quantum computer supported
attacks [12]." Side 1, bottom. https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/191.pdf
It is about "pseudo randomization" and "key one-wayness" explained on side 4.
Source: "We begin by reviewing the standard definition of digital signature schemes and the security notion
existential unforgeability under adaptive chosen message attacks (EU-CMA) [11]. We then define
two security notions for function families required for our reduction. The first is the well known
pseudo-randomness property. The second is key one-wayness which states that it is hard to find
a key k such that the function fk maps a given input x to a given output y. We also state two
lemmas about these notions which will be useful for the reduction of W-OTS.
"
This is proven.
If you come up with further bullshit, Ill proof you wrong. gogo.
next question!

This sounds like a bunch of jargon trying to sway away from the real discussion.
 Roll Eyes

Problem is you have underestimated users on BTCtalk and dismissed them as uneducated investors. Realize you are talking to individuals who are educated on the matter and have a descent understanding of how some of the tech works, stop trying to misdirect the original topic.
it's actually a quotation of a scientific journal, but as I can see, you lack the competence to understand it.
is my assumption correct, that you didnt read for yourself but just guessed that this is a scam, because you simply dont understand it? really?

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vidzwhale

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:13:44 PM

some research

https://i.imgur.com/RX6d8Rr.png

I see a good future
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:33:02 AM

it's actually a quotation of a scientific journal, but as I can see, you lack the competence to understand it.
is my assumption correct, that you didnt read for yourself but just guessed that this is a scam, because you simply dont understand it? really?

I understand it perfectly, it's jargon.

Don't assume anything, some of us have multiple disciplines in different science fields.

Just because you post from an abstract does not make it correct. Show me where the paper was challenged and the theory proven correct many times by different institutions. You won't be able to find any verifiable evidence because we don't even have such system to test such incomplete hypothesis.

Anyone with any knowledge on quantum computing can tell you we are very far from achieving it, the only way we have been able to observe this super position of quantum states has been when the quantum computing system was in sub-zero temperatures. And only then for very short periods of time.

If you can't explain it simply, then you obviously are just pulling jargon and abstracts you find with google out of your a**.

The alt-world is full of scams and hyped up promises, IOTA seemed ok until its emperor decided to act like a know it all and dismiss other's criticism.
Get off your sock puppet account and post from your real account CfB.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:14:38 AM

it is called 'mathematics', and you don't understand one IOTA of it, moron.

Don't assume anything, some of us have multiple disciplines in different science fields.

your imaginary friends again?

Just because you post from an abstract does not make it correct. Show me where the paper was challenged and the theory proven correct many times by different institutions.

you don't understand how science works- the burden of proof is actually on you, so why don't you get to work and construct a counterexample?

Anyone with any knowledge on quantum computing can tell you we are very far from achieving it,

you are not among this group, moron.

the only way we have been able to observe this super position of quantum states has been when the quantum computing system was in sub-zero temperatures. And only then for very short periods of time.

hahaha! quite funny, actually- which sub-zero do you mean, sub-zero Celsius or sub-zero Kelvin?  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:14:17 AM

the only way we have been able to observe this super position of quantum states has been when the quantum computing system was in sub-zero temperatures. And only then for very short periods of time.

hahaha! quite funny, actually- which sub-zero do you mean, sub-zero Celsius or sub-zero Kelvin?  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

He clearly means Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

Just because you post from an abstract does not make it correct. Show me where the paper was challenged and the theory proven correct many times by different institutions. You won't be able to find any verifiable evidence because we don't even have such system to test such incomplete hypothesis.

Anyone with any knowledge on quantum computing can tell you we are very far from achieving it, the only way we have been able to observe this super position of quantum states has been when the quantum computing system was in sub-zero temperatures. And only then for very short periods of time.

If you can't explain it simply, then you obviously are just pulling jargon and abstracts you find with google out of your a**.

The alt-world is full of scams and hyped up promises, IOTA seemed ok until its emperor decided to act like a know it all and dismiss other's criticism.

it's jargon!?
these abstracts are scientific standard and multiple times cited, used, crosstested etc. My first look revealed 25 further subjects. I used www.sciencedirect.com (standard for scientific accepted articles, this is not google) and I needed 30s

https://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/Naor_Shenhav_Wool.pdf
http://users.wpi.edu/~teisenbarth/pdf/Festschrift.pdf
http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/csa/documents/D2.3-SmallDevices-2.1.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312407396_Surnaming_Schemes_Fast_Verification_and_Applications_to_SGX_Technology
http://ijns.jalaxy.com.tw/contents/ijns-v17-n3/ijns-2015-v17-n3-p311-321.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4850938/

you know PQcrypto? look at it. http://pqcrypto.eu.org/
official EU+scientist recommendations for post-quantum algorithms: http://pqcrypto.eu.org/docs/initial-recommendations.pdf

And you say we are very far away from building real quantum-compuuter: http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/advances/3/2/e1601540.full.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
you say "anyone with knowledge..." do you refer to real people, to academic results? show them and stop using phrases.

yes, the alt-world IS full of scammer, but IOTA is no scam, but you are butthurt and are too much of a coward to admit it.
and BTW. it takes 3 clicks to get info who I am. I'm not CFB and I'm using my real name in the IOTA ecosystem.

So if you have balls, sir, we can set up a nice interview where you can explain in an academic manner, why and how IOTA is a scam.
Beside phrases. Just proof. Should be extremely easy using your brains and your mouse to show us the magic insight instead of your worthless crybaby babbling.
So -> Interview on my blog, while using your real name, like I do.
Agreed?
BTW. fair terms. just scientific proof.

cyrixcer

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:23:33 AM

Where can be trading IOTA on  big exchanges? Or still utopia no volume OTC trading? I don't believe the current rate, it is fake trading price to cheat noobs.
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

Where can be trading IOTA on  big exchanges? Or still utopia no volume OTC trading? I don't believe the current rate, it is fake trading price to cheat noobs.
it's not fake and I bought multiple times myself this way. right now relatively cheap because bitcoin skyrocketing. whats the problem with ~120 Gi / BTC ?
Better price than 6 months ago...  Huh

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:26:21 AM

So if you have balls, sir, we can set up a nice interview where you can explain in an academic manner, why and how IOTA is a scam.

Don't waste time, he is confirmed troll.
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:29:58 AM

like this, everyone can see how much real meaning and substance is behind these guys here. circle-jerking at its best.
I give them the official opportunity to raise their voice, in a fair scientific interview, to prove whatever the fuck they believe to have read in the vodka this morning.
->with a real name.

easy task if you really wanna make a statement. but I guess here is no courage involved, just talks.

cyrixcer

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:56:44 AM

Idiot, where is Asian big deal? Where is exchange news release in last year? Only fake news to dump your worthless IOTA to newbies, you greedy bastard.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:32:59 AM

Idiot, where is Asian big deal? Where is exchange news release in last year? Only fake news to dump your worthless IOTA to newbies, you greedy bastard.

Cry, baby, cry. The purpose of your life is to entertain me while I'm having a break between work tasks, you are doing it pretty good.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:04:02 AM

Cry, baby, cry. The purpose of your life is to entertain me while I'm having a break between work tasks, you are doing it pretty good.

Neckbeard alert.

Won't bother anymore, everyone has been warned about your "high intellect". You actually do more neckbeard talk than anything.

Have fun scamming people, maybe one day you'll step out of your neckbeard shell.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:10:05 AM

Neckbeard alert.

Won't bother anymore, everyone has been warned about your "high intellect". You actually do more neckbeard talk than anything.

Have fun scamming people, maybe one day you'll step out of your neckbeard shell.

Another weak troll. This is the main problem with all trolls here: they come and go and I have to find new ones to use as jokers. Luckily doing things right is enough to lure new trolls.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:12:28 AM

Neckbeard alert.

Another weak troll. This is the main problem with all trolls here: they come and go and I have to find new ones to use as jokers. Luckily doing things right is enough to lure new trolls.

You can't erase posts here, you're the weak one here.
SteveoMB

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:15:50 AM

Neckbeard alert.

You just can't erase my posts here, you're the weak one here.

Scammer neckbeard  Cool

that leaves us with the first coward. just phrases, allegations, insults. no proof of anything.
ladies and gentlemen: LemonAndFriesOne, the pride of creation

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:23:48 AM

You can't erase posts here, you're the weak one here.

Oh, you are back? Integrity is not the strongest your quality as I see. Let's discuss how (in)ability to erase posts here affects my weaknesses.
cyrixcer

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:34:13 AM

I never cry, because I never bought your shit. But other noobs were scammed by you, yeah, again, Asian empty deal? And the exchanges?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:38:16 AM

I never cry, because I never bought your shit. But other noobs were scammed by you, yeah, again, Asian empty deal? And the exchanges?

Should I be offended by scam accusation if on BTT "scam" means "innovative project that makes a lot of guys jealous"?
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:26:35 PM

Be wary of IOTA, they don't like constructive criticism. Red flags are raised:

They dont take kindly on even asking how Iota is supposed to work.

However, they do spread bullshit about Byteball on here, and in their slack forum, they are originater of "Byteball is a blockchain and DAG hybrid" lie.

Iota action smell bad, like something is rotten.

The whole "we'll beat quantum computing" even is a bunch of bs. How can they beat something that can compute several states at the same time almost instantaneously with regular tech that still computes things one at a time? Sounds like they are spreading a bunch of hype to uninformed individuals.

I'm sure someone in their team is working under Ubuntu and somehow convinced their boss about this new fancy shmancy state of the art technology and the many moneys they will make.

The guy I bought some IOTA from said he was selling all of their coins because of internal conflicts with Come-from-Beyond and hinted that the initial investors have a hard time dealing with someone who doesn't want to discuss how the project even works. To the point that they were not allowed to question iota.

Like you said, smells of another BTC scam. What's new in the alt-world, same thing over and over again.

you guys don't wanna get a better image of IOTA. you just stick to your opinion. This looks to me like a conditioned opinion because this isn't about IOTA. this is about byteball or whatever you invested in instead.
everyone INCLUDING dom and david tried their best and talked to you guys to clear uncertain questions but you still come here to trigger everyone.
and I'm asking myself why.
is this just bottom-feeding or is this an honest scientific opinion based on facts?
because all I can see is an ever repeating trump-argumentation with phrases and neural diarrhea.
for the facts I'm willing to start an AmA. You may ask anything and I don't even give a shit about ad hominem. you insult, you ask, I answer anyway.
the first question I saw is "Is quantum-proof bullshit!?"
no.
Winternitz one time signature scheme enables the quantum resistance. here: this for example doesn't say quantum proof or immune, but resistance. and furthermore, that "Current research suggests, that the
security of hash-based signatures will not be significantly harmed by quantum computer supported
attacks [12]." Side 1, bottom. https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/191.pdf
It is about "pseudo randomization" and "key one-wayness" explained on side 4.
Source: "We begin by reviewing the standard definition of digital signature schemes and the security notion
existential unforgeability under adaptive chosen message attacks (EU-CMA) [11]. We then define
two security notions for function families required for our reduction. The first is the well known
pseudo-randomness property. The second is key one-wayness which states that it is hard to find
a key k such that the function fk maps a given input x to a given output y. We also state two
lemmas about these notions which will be useful for the reduction of W-OTS.
"
This is proven.
If you come up with further bullshit, Ill proof you wrong. gogo.
next question!

OK I will bite.

What use does a scheme requiring a Proof-of-Work - which is designed to be computationally and energy-intensive process, provide for computation and energy-starved Internet-of-Things devices?

Let me rephrase that, a digital currency for Internet-of-Things, it even claims to have IoT in its very name, is building its (still not actually functional but ok, can pass) consensus algorithm on Proof-of-Work.

If you still fail to actually see the god damn problem, you must be blinded by marketing of Iota, as better currencies exist which are more suitable for IoT, those which dont require PoW, nor just waste compute power for no real consensus anyway.

EDIT: As for the quantum marketing. At least something done somewhat OK by Iota. Even a broken clock is right 2 times per day.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: