Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234113 times)
keeek

Activity: 44
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:37:53 PM
Merited by altcoinb (1)

Airdrop lottery
An official raffle could take place via a chatbot. In order not to exploit the system existing Bytes would have to be linked again. The more Bytes are linked, the more lots will be allocated. As a price, at least a relevant amount of min. 10K or better 25K USD should be distributed. I will not raise any acquaintances for a $ 100 profit.

There is already a lottery on Byteball https://lucky.byte-ball.com/
So, I am not sure why there would need to be an official one because that would not go with the idea of "fair distribution".

bytes
I have played a lot with the existing chatbots and come across the problem of the unit "Byte". Constantly you have to switch between MB, GB and Byte. That is impractical. It sucks. Even if you put your wallet on a specific unit, then the chatbot may use another unit and you have to convert again. Bitcoin also has its pennies with Satoshis. We also need these byteball pennies for byteball. The best way to do this is to give it a new name to avoid confusion with other technical units (such as RAM).

I am not aware any bots where you would need to constantly switch between all 4 unit sizes, usually it is MB, in some other cases it is GB. Also, with bots, you actually don't need ever switch between unit sizes because wallet does that for you by sending a payment link in exact value it needs, so if the bot asks you GB or just Bytes then it doesn't matter if your wallet is set to MB. Only time when you need to switch between unit sizes is when you are doing the payment manually and somebody asked you amount in units that you wallet is not set.

So, it is little bit confusing, you say they suck, but at the same time you suggest that there indeed needs to be more that one unit size, only difference is that you suggest that there should be 2? Isn't Gigabyte and megabyte understandably bigger than just bytes? What confusion is there with RAM (that is the whole idea of bytes)? It would be great if the users even know anything about RAM because then GB and MB already makes lot more sense to them than bitcoins and satoshis. How should beginners know, which is bigger? Coins are usually the most valueless amounts in fiat and fiat usually has the notable persons on the most valuable paper notes, yet in this case, it is opposite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_All_About_the_Benjamins

Thanks for your feedback. I want to add something:

Airdrop Lottery
Of course, I know this lottery. But I'm talking about an Airdrop distribution and new users. With the existing Smart Contract lottery you also have to spend bytes to participate. My suggestion is to link the bytes only. In addition, the profit in the existing lottery is far too low to ensure a new spread, since it consists only of the deposits of users. My suggestion is to use the Distribution Fund.

Bytes vs. Dollar / penny
You have to do it as easy as possible. How do you make it easy for people? By giving you something that you already know. People know dollars and cents. You know euros and cents. I mean people know a main and a small unit. This has already worked for Bitcoin. There are many decimal places at Bitcoin and the Satoshis are the cents. Everyone gets it right the first time. We would first have to explain the gigadollar or megaeuro. Of course, this would be a far-reaching change, as many system components need to be rewritten. But if, why not now? Currencies have produced similar units for centuries: a main unit and a penny unit. At the beginning, I also thought that gigabytes, megabytes and bytes would actually be quite elegant, but in reality you force people to use a computer format.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:51:02 PM

I really like the lottery! It would show how easy smart contracts works, it would incite people to buy some bytes, and it would create a buzz. But only if the price is big enough.

Great idea!

=P
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 09:54:50 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2018, 10:18:57 PM by tarmo888

Airdrop lottery
An official raffle could take place via a chatbot. In order not to exploit the system existing Bytes would have to be linked again. The more Bytes are linked, the more lots will be allocated. As a price, at least a relevant amount of min. 10K or better 25K USD should be distributed. I will not raise any acquaintances for a $ 100 profit.

There is already a lottery on Byteball https://lucky.byte-ball.com/
So, I am not sure why there would need to be an official one because that would not go with the idea of "fair distribution".

bytes
I have played a lot with the existing chatbots and come across the problem of the unit "Byte". Constantly you have to switch between MB, GB and Byte. That is impractical. It sucks. Even if you put your wallet on a specific unit, then the chatbot may use another unit and you have to convert again. Bitcoin also has its pennies with Satoshis. We also need these byteball pennies for byteball. The best way to do this is to give it a new name to avoid confusion with other technical units (such as RAM).

I am not aware any bots where you would need to constantly switch between all 4 unit sizes, usually it is MB, in some other cases it is GB. Also, with bots, you actually don't need ever switch between unit sizes because wallet does that for you by sending a payment link in exact value it needs, so if the bot asks you GB or just Bytes then it doesn't matter if your wallet is set to MB. Only time when you need to switch between unit sizes is when you are doing the payment manually and somebody asked you amount in units that you wallet is not set.

So, it is little bit confusing, you say they suck, but at the same time you suggest that there indeed needs to be more that one unit size, only difference is that you suggest that there should be 2? Isn't Gigabyte and megabyte understandably bigger than just bytes? What confusion is there with RAM (that is the whole idea of bytes)? It would be great if the users even know anything about RAM because then GB and MB already makes lot more sense to them than bitcoins and satoshis. How should beginners know, which is bigger? Coins are usually the most valueless amounts in fiat and fiat usually has the notable persons on the most valuable paper notes, yet in this case, it is opposite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_All_About_the_Benjamins

Thanks for your feedback. I want to add something:

Airdrop Lottery
Of course, I know this lottery. But I'm talking about an Airdrop distribution and new users. With the existing Smart Contract lottery you also have to spend bytes to participate. My suggestion is to link the bytes only. In addition, the profit in the existing lottery is far too low to ensure a new spread, since it consists only of the deposits of users. My suggestion is to use the Distribution Fund.

Bytes vs. Dollar / penny
You have to do it as easy as possible. How do you make it easy for people? By giving you something that you already know. People know dollars and cents. You know euros and cents. I mean people know a main and a small unit. This has already worked for Bitcoin. There are many decimal places at Bitcoin and the Satoshis are the cents. Everyone gets it right the first time. We would first have to explain the gigadollar or megaeuro. Of course, this would be a far-reaching change, as many system components need to be rewritten. But if, why not now? Currencies have produced similar units for centuries: a main unit and a penny unit. At the beginning, I also thought that gigabytes, megabytes and bytes would actually be quite elegant, but in reality you force people to use a computer format.

But, the goal of initial distribution is not making some lucky guy rich, the goal is to be a fair initial distribution. So, as many as possible people (especially non-existing cryptocurrency users) will get some bytes. Lottery just makes very few people extremely rich and some linking system is very similar to the same system that airdrop to Bitcoin users already was, including people who already have bytes, not new users https://byteball.org/#dist

You are explaining the exactly the opposite. Yes, everybody knows that Dollar and Euro is bigger than cent or penny, but new users don't know that Bitcoin is bigger than satoshi, they need to learn it first and it is confusing because in real world, coins (metal money) are smaller units than paper money and because more notable people (Benjamin Franklin) are on higher paper money notes. So, if new users have heard Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto then first impression is opposite - Bitcoin seems small unit because it is coin and Satoshi seems big unit because it is notable person (like on paper note). And no, there is not many system components that need to be rewritten, on background Byteball uses Bytes everywhere, kilobyte/megabyte/gigabyte is just a way how to show ridiculously big byte values in comfortable format that makes sense for the user, so instead of displaying 100 000 000 bytes, it can be displayed as 100MB. There is nothing bad about computer format, it is universal, even Google can help you calculate it https://www.google.com/search?q=100000000+bytes+to+megabyte

If Bitcoin/Satoshi makes sense to you, but Byte/KiloByte/MegaByte/GigaByte doesn't then you have misunderstood something. Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies, the amount you have them, doesn't relate to what you can do with them, the value in them is constantly changing. On Byteball, 1MB means that you can do transactions or store data that takes 1MB of space on DAG database.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:11:55 AM

I really like the lottery! It would show how easy smart contracts works, it would incite people to buy some bytes, and it would create a buzz. But only if the price is big enough.

Great idea!

Yes, I agree a lottery is a great idea, and has appeal outside current crypto users.
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:16:19 AM

Bytes vs. Dollar / penny

thought very well.
most people turn off brain, if computer language come into the conversation
or they are difficult to understand.
PinchClock

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:07:49 AM

Great idea!

Yes, I agree a lottery is a great idea, and has appeal outside current crypto users.

Lottery has always been a good idea to "attract" people - or new users. It also allows the platform to showcase how easy smart contracts work.
altcoinb

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:19:49 AM

Great idea!

Lottery has always been a good idea to "attract" people - or new users. It also allows the platform to showcase how easy smart contracts work.

At first view the lottery idea to be good.
but in the second view very bad. all winners dump the bytes.
the undistributed bytes determine the future of byteball.

The real name verification and the reward (with voucher codes) is the key!
Not online, but offline Cheesy
the community will be grow.

we need only patience...
or better say, we must spread the word!!

20,00$ is a lot of money and 400 MB is much more  Cool
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:24:23 AM

[...] we must spread the word!!
Yes, as soon as you can buy something for it in a suitable market.

If you go another way you accumulate the existing bite ball units only among the few believing bite ball fanboys and Fiat greedy speculators.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:33:02 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 11:01:13 AM by pineapple express

If you go another way you accumulate the existing bite ball units only among the few believing bite ball fanboys and Fiat greedy speculators.
money that nobody accept is a money or scam? Why hold balls that can not be spent, if you can exchange them to bitcoins or dollars that you can spend?
I know Tony thinking, need to create a base of holders, holders will create demand for merchants. Sounds reasonable if you early, when holders have small choice and they see and believe in your vision. The reality is different. People receiving balls have better alternatives and are not even interested in your philosophy. Balls for them is free bitcoins or dollars. Therefore, Tony's thinking will not lead to adoption. It works, but it works only under certain conditions.
Thul

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:30:43 AM

Tony should now be able to accelerate an Open Bazaar adaptation.

This could also be used to control further distribution.
All sales of Bites/Blackbites will be rewarded, both for the buyer and the seller.

If necessary modifications would be possible. Open Bazaar is not really decentralized. The problem are central search providers that can censor unwanted articles.
Randomly rotating witnesses routed over TOR could take over their task.

The topic is already months old, that it is not taken up by the community is probably mainly due to the fact that the community itself is more Fiat-focused and has little interest in bite ball as a means of payment for the purchase of goods to see.

altcoinb

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:26:02 PM

money that nobody accept is a money or scam? Why hold balls that can not be spent, if you can exchange them to bitcoins or dollars that you can spend?

Please don't see we must spread the word!! only from customer view.
What about with the local shops?
Spread the word includes more!

For example:
- Create for your local city flyers with jumio vouchers
- Share this flyer in kiosks, gas- station, schools wherever
- Speak with the owner of the shops for accept bytes in 2020
- The owner can only win with this and if he accept bytes he have new customers, too

~ This is maybe the some right way, not perfect, but a good start
an a Win-Win-Win situation for all for all involved. + you get rich  Cool

* before 2020 we need more exchanges for volume and a service like bitpay for bytes.

The concept of the open bazaar is very interesting, but it looks like a cemetery?
or i am wrong and the platform have trades?

Instead of always asking, use the lego stones of byteball and start!
tony is a smart people, but he need the help of community.

Thul

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:54:38 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 06:23:33 PM by Thul

Pure waste of time and energy.
They already have a problem with Bitcoin. Nobody knows bite ball at all, and then still this subliminally dubious label...

* before 2020 we need more exchanges for volume and a service like bitpay for bytes.
Above all, we need a quite anonymous way to exchange Fiat directly for Bites/Blackbites. A BISQ adapted to the wallet is perfectly sufficient. - More exchanges only serve speculators.
You may want to look for markets where crypto currencies are already accepted. These markets are growing exponentially.
The Fiat market has its Visa and Paypal.

The concept of the open bazaar is very interesting, but it looks like a cemetery?
I draw my income from it.
However, there is still a lot to improve on this platform, and that's exactly what the united developer power should focus on, then it will finally be something with the acceptance of crypto currencies.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:31:19 PM

Again sounds good but merchants happy with fiat and bitcoins. They don't want to waste time on shitcoins. I know i know byterbal is not shitcoin. Sorry for breaking your bubble but coin that nobody not use and can loss 99% of the value is nothing more than shitcoin for all who are not members of this sect. So accept it, byterbal is shitcoin and merchants don't want to waste time on this.
Byterbal foundation must build solutions itself or sponsor third-party solutions. Purse for byterbal? OB for byterbal? Localbyterbals? Tony and the team must build it all itself or connect to existing solutions (if it possible). No one will come and give you this, the days of early Bitcoin are long gone.
Take it mazafackers, byterbal is not interesting to the world, to the airdrop suckers. The only who can make byterbal great again is Tony. He need to change his thinking, stop to build crappy bots, dismiss idiots who spend time retweeting their tweets, start to build solutions, find partnerships, improve scalability and distribute all witnesses.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

I draw my income from it.
However, there is still a lot to improve on this platform, and that's exactly what the united developer power should focus on, then it will finally be something with the acceptance of crypto currencies.

Don't you see that you are highly biased about OpenBazaar and blackbytes with BISQ. Do you also see that you have 0 authority to tell what other developers should spend their time on?

Byterbal foundation must build solutions itself or sponsor third-party solutions. Purse for byterbal? OB for byterbal? Localbyterbals? Tony and the team must build it all itself or connect to existing solutions (if it possible). No one will come and give you this, the days of early Bitcoin are long gone.
Take it mazafackers, byterbal is not interesting to the world, to the airdrop suckers. The only who can make byterbal great again is Tony. He need to change his thinking, stop to build crappy bots, dismiss idiots who spend time retweeting their tweets, start to build solutions, find partnerships, improve scalability and distribute all witnesses.

Byteball foundation doesn't have time to build everything by themselves, so they focus on architecture to enable other developers to do that. Byteball does sponsor third-party solutions that help Byteball ecosystem. Haven't you heard of grants?
https://medium.com/byteball/byteball-grants-program-906a71b93d3c

It is over year old program and many grants have been accepted with that already, most already done and some in progress even now. So what exactly are you bitching about? Find some developers (get feedback to your ideas on Steemit) and start writing your grant proposal that you believe will take Byteball to next level.

These great early days are not gone (it is just beginning), Ethereum has supported many teams with grants, but I am not sure if all. Some examples of projects that are not run by Ethereum itself: MetaMask, Infura, CryptoZombies, Truffle, 0x, CryptoKitties. These are all very important parts of Ethereum ecosystem.

2018 is same as 2014 and 2021 will be same as 2017. Start building.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:19:04 PM

[...]  PoW mining is an economic activity.  You have capex, you have opex, almost all your profits are burned in your huge costs, and you have to care about efficiency in order to stay in the game.  And in any economic activity, you have economy of scale.  As your mining farm gets bigger, it becomes more efficient and stands better against the competition.  You get volume discounts for miners, you will be the first in line for the new generation of miners, you can get cheaper electricity when you buy wholesale, it becomes worthwhile to relocate to a more favorable location, and you can hire the best talent in the industry.  It doesn't matter if the PoW algorithm is ASICable or not, the economy of scale is universal.  It might be not very important in the growing market when everyone, even a smaller and weaker miner, gets a portion of the growing pie, but nothing lasts forever and as the market matures and gets more competitive, the weaker players are darwinized, and the hash power gets concentrated in the hands of a few bigger miners.  Miners, not mining pools.  This looks like an end-game of any PoW based blockchain, because it has a heavy "hook" into the economy, and the economy favors scale.  You can call it emergent centralization.  Incidentally, Byteball moves in the opposite direction.

This is totally true and it should be engraved in stone, since Bitcoin evangelists seem so much in denial of that.
And even worse than this, PoW mining has also resulted to be totally unsustainable from an ecological point of view. Not only the waste of resources which heavy mining implies is basically nonsense, but it even could contribute to jeopardize human life on earth by accelerating global warming until it eventually spins out of control.
And that's not only me who is saying it. Please enjoy this article on the theme on prestigious magazine Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-018-0321-8.epdf

Byteball is much more likely than Bitcoin to spare human life on earth from extinction.
Not that this is necessarily auspicable, of course...

TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 08:37:30 PM

Hi!

What is going on with wallets? I tried to send transaction via wallet on Linux, Windows 10 (virtualbox) and Android -- same story:

altcoinb

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:07:13 PM

This is totally true and it should be engraved in stone, since Bitcoin evangelists seem so much in denial of that.
And even worse than this, PoW mining has also resulted to be totally unsustainable from an ecological point of view. Not only the waste of resources which heavy mining implies is basically nonsense, but it even could contribute to jeopardize human life on earth by accelerating global warming until it eventually spins out of control.
And that's not only me who is saying it. Please enjoy this article on the theme on prestigious magazine Nature:

Byteball is much more likely than Bitcoin to spare human life on earth from extinction.
"to jeopardize human life on earth"  Shocked
MADE MY DAY Cheesy laughable Cheesy
nature.com has no idea and they don't no the lightning network ^^
Thul

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:20:05 PM

My dear bobq.
Earth historically we had the most abundant flora and fauna when the poles were ice-free. - Now you may guess what the climate apocalyptics and their propaganda are interested in.
Tip: Scarcity and lack secure dominion.

So we should be happy if the Bitcoin mining makes our ice age climate a bit more life friendly.  Roll Eyes
Thul

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:21:07 PM

Again sounds good but merchants happy with fiat and bitcoins. They don't want to waste time on shitcoins. I know i know byterbal is not shitcoin. Sorry for breaking your bubble but coin that nobody not use and can loss 99% of the value is nothing more than shitcoin for all who are not members of this sect. So accept it, byterbal is shitcoin and merchants don't want to waste time on this.
I've been hoping for this for months. But as a developer, he probably lives in his own world, and his mindless community, along with his incompetent marketing, also cheers him on in it. - The term "sect" is exactly right.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 10:27:45 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 01:36:29 AM by tarmo888

I've been hoping for this for months. But as a developer, he probably lives in his own world, and his mindless community, along with his incompetent marketing, also cheers him on in it. - The term "sect" is exactly right.

And how do you call that fantasy world where everybody gets wet by mentioning privacy coin, OpenBazaar or BISQ? Parents basement?
Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: