Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233996 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

Also just explaining clearly why things are unreasonable or impossible with no real upside is better than telling people go fork your own version. Of course 99.99% of people here have no possible way to do this as they do not have the skill set but can still be valuable to keep on side when considering building a big community and creating a network effect.

I do not agree with this because if you think you have skills to come up with better consensus or distribution method then you should be able to gather around you a people who are able to code that thing what you think is better. Not knowing how to code is not an excuse, there are many roles in any project that do not need coding skills, so it is not 99.99% against 0.01%

Throwing up an idea for somebody to pick it up is one thing, constantly bitching about somebody to implement something is another thing, what is happening here is constant whining: "implement this!". Mob-mentality, very common in recent years.

I'm guessing English is not your first language. Which could in part be why there is a slight communication loss. Not that is a criticism at all.

Can you give me some examples of "constantly bitching about somebody to implement something is another thing, what is happening here is constant whining: "implement this!". Mob-mentality"  in the specific context of Byteball I mean.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtraveller

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:54:18 PM

Easiest $20 you'll ever make - Remember PayPal they used to give out $10 to bring in a friend or two? This cryptocurrency is doing the same thing - You Must Have A Driver's License - https://byteb.al/rna-referral
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:10:54 PM

If you don't agree where it is going, create a fork and do it the way you think it is right.

You mean someone clone byteball and redo the full moon airdrops distribution  with some modifications, like removing certain Bitcoin addresses from known ico's and exchanges ?
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 12:14:20 AM

I'm guessing English is not your first language. Which could in part be why there is a slight communication loss. Not that is a criticism at all.
What communication loss? Wasn't it you who said that we should freeze Max Kordek (ceo of lisk) wallet? And then changed your story to voluntary staking idea. I think you have problems with English.

meanwhile Max Kordek ceo of lisk own the biggest byterbal individual wallet, and paid $0. Are you crazy tarmo888?
Let's take a vote to freeze that wallet, and any other huge wallets we know ico managers are holding
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 12:18:37 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 01:00:48 AM by tarmo888

If you don't agree where it is going, create a fork and do it the way you think it is right.

You mean someone clone byteball and redo the full moon airdrops distribution  with some modifications, like removing certain Bitcoin addresses from known ico's and exchanges ?

There is more requested changes than that. It's not just distribution, the concept of witnesses is also alien for some, it is hard to gasp for some there is no blocks, so it doesn't matter how much transaction fees you pay, your transaction will be confirmed and final.

Can you give me some examples of "constantly bitching about somebody to implement something is another thing, what is happening here is constant whining: "implement this!". Mob-mentality"  in the specific context of Byteball I mean.

Do I really have to give you the list of all the same stuff that is repeated here again and again already? By "implement this!" I meant all the change requests.
* asking GBYTE to be changed to MBYTE just because noobs don't understand supply. this would result a 100x bigger total supply number because it would measured in MBYTE.
* saying that Byteball is immature name and constantly asking it to be renamed. congrats, Byteball foundation gave up on that and hired branding agency, just because the community would just shut up about it. no guarantee that the community will like the new name, there always will be somebody who doesn't like the name.
* constantly asking Bitcoin airdrop to be brought back, even if just for last one more time.
* asking the distribution to be finished immediately even though that is needed to acquire new users in long run.
* once a while, somebody comes up again with the idea that 12 witnesses should be randomly picked from the pool of anonymous witnesses, so everybody could be a witness.
* Thul constantly spamming his OpenBazaar and BISQ blackbytes idea.
* any other FUD when the price drops, but FUDster failed to notice that all cryptocurrencies prices dropped on that day.

I mean, if the list of things that are wrong with this coin is that long for somebody, maybe it is not right coin for them.
boomboom

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:45:13 AM

There is more requested changes than that. It's not just distribution, the concept of witnesses is also alien for some, it is hard to gasp for some there is no blocks, so it doesn't matter how much transaction fees you pay, your transaction will be confirmed and final.

Yes there are other changes some people request, but finishing the distribution is the big issue for most, personally, I wouldn't care if the distro was finished without more airdrops, the issue for me is the uncertainty of having dev control such a large amount, and not knowing how long until until the distro will be finished. Once the distro is finished the market is free to operate, but with 22% in dev hands for an unknown length of time ... that kills the market mechanism for price discovery, and that's not good for adoption.

If tony announced he was going to finish distro in 6 months I don't really care of the method, I would prefer airdrops because it would instantly get people buying BB and that gets 'noticed', but if he chose another method and actually completed the distro soon I would be happy. Tony is a great dev, like most I really like this project, I want it to succeed.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 01:16:29 AM

Yes there are other changes some people request, but finishing the distribution is the big issue for most, personally, I wouldn't care if the distro was finished without more airdrops, the issue for me is the uncertainty of having dev control such a large amount, and not knowing how long until until the distro will be finished. Once the distro is finished the market is free to operate, but with 22% in dev hands for an unknown length of time ... that kills the market mechanism for price discovery, and that's not good for adoption.

If tony announced he was going to finish distro in 6 months I don't really care of the method, I would prefer airdrops because it would instantly get people buying BB and that gets 'noticed', but if he chose another method and actually completed the distro soon I would be happy. Tony is a great dev, like most I really like this project, I want it to succeed.

You do understand that everything you said in previous paragraph, zeros out this compliment? Let me translate how it sounds: "you are great dev and I like your project, but I think you don't want what is best for your project because I think you are going to misuse the last 22% of the funds."

I just can't understand, what is it so difficult to understand that cancelling of Bitcoin airdop was because of understanding that it won't bring the expected adoption and continuing that would have not been best for the project. Undistributed funds don't devalue your share, it is for fair distribution that is as wide as possible, the more people get the bytes, the better it is for everybody.

If everybody keeps FUDing and telling how bad this is that there is still funds left to distribute then of course it's bad for the price, but if you take it as a positive advantage over other projects (that there is still funds for new users) then it will be also positively reflected in price. Glass half full or glass half empty.
boomboom

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:29:10 AM

You do understand that everything you said in previous paragraph, zeros out this compliment? Let me translate how it sounds: "you are great dev and I like your project, but I think you don't want what is best for your project because I think you are going to misuse the last 22% of the funds."

I just can't understand, what is it so difficult to understand that cancelling of Bitcoin airdop was because of understanding that it won't bring the expected adoption and continuing that would have not been best for the project. Undistributed funds don't devalue your share, it is for fair distribution that is as wide as possible, the more people get the bytes, the better it is for everybody.

It doesn't matter what I think, or you, we can see the judgement of the market, byteball dropped from top50 to outside top200, that is the market voting with their self interest. This is not personal, I can definitely compliment Tony for some things, disagree with him on others, and there is no inconsistencies,  BUT it is a fact that byteball slipped a lot down the rankings, I see a connection with the distribution uncertainty.

Tony doesn't need sycophantic yes men, people questioning his decisions on the distribution are not necessarily motivated by greed, some are, but some see wasted potential , and the evidence is the coinmarketcap ranking.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:08:20 AM

It doesn't matter what I think, or you, we can see the judgement of the market, byteball dropped from top50 to outside top200, that is the market voting with their self interest. This is not personal, I can definitely compliment Tony for some things, disagree with him on others, and there is no inconsistencies,  BUT it is a fact that byteball slipped a lot down the rankings, I see a connection with the distribution uncertainty.

Tony doesn't need sycophantic yes men, people questioning his decisions on the distribution are not necessarily motivated by greed, some are, but some see wasted potential , and the evidence is the coinmarketcap ranking.

Oh god, the CMC ranking again - the most meaningless metric ever (for coins under 1b marketcap). Create 100 shitcoins with higher marketcap and you kick somebody out of top 100.

What I see is that many altcoins have lost over 90% since the ATH and many new shitcoins were created during last bull-run. Did they also changed their distribution methods that caused them to lose over 90%? If you keep telling that it was because of the distribution and you keep telling others that it was because of distribution then after the while, it becomes the reason, no matter if it's true or not.
gefander

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:32:49 AM

Is it possible to send bytes using other chats? or only through the byte wallet? I think if you add a similar function to discard or Slark, it will be a huge success.  Shocked
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:39:42 AM

Is it possible to send bytes using other chats? or only through the byte wallet? I think if you add a similar function to discard or Slark, it will be a huge success.  Shocked

There was Discord bot developed during Steem Use-a-thon https://steemit.com/byteball/@genievot/byteball-use-a-thon-1st-entry-submission-request-discord-byteball-bot-completing-my-first-entry-1537618092396
boomboom

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:50:47 AM

Oh god, the CMC ranking again - the most meaningless metric ever

Well, that opinion makes you look very very stupid, enough said Smiley
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:16:19 AM

Of course, if you take it out of context like that.
boomboom

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:24:45 AM

What is the context, you said CMC rankings are meaningless ...
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:44:30 AM

What is the context, you said CMC rankings are meaningless ...

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/out-of-context

You quoted me by cutting out everything that explained why the rankings are meaningless because you wanted to make me look stupid. Let me explain you again: if the prices of almost all cryptocurrencies dropped over 90%, but also a lot of new cryptocurrencies were created during the bull-run then did Byteball dropped in rankings because it lost a lot more in price or because a lot new cryptocurrencies were created. That's why rankings are meaningless, because rank 51 and 52 itself doesn't tell you anything besides the order of marketcap size.
boomboom

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:14:07 AM

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/out-of-context

You quoted me by cutting out everything that explained why the rankings are meaningless because you wanted to make me look stupid. Let me explain you again: if the prices of almost all cryptocurrencies dropped over 90%, but also a lot of new cryptocurrencies were created during the bull-run then did Byteball dropped in rankings because it lost a lot more in price or because a lot new cryptocurrencies were created. That's why rankings are meaningless, because rank 51 and 52 itself doesn't tell you anything besides the order of marketcap size.

Oh come on bro, editing reply posts to make them more readable is standard practice on forums, don't be a dick

Your logic is flawed, I can find numerous examples of coins that have stayed in the top50 for years now,  despite all the new coins, BUT, during this same period byteball dropped approx 150 ranking places, and you say that is meaningless ... XMR, NEM, LTC, Dash are all still top20,  most next tier coins down to rank 50 are relatively stable in rankings too. Yes, prices have tanked for everything, but CMC rankings are quite stable especially the top50, despite all the new coins.

CMC ranking is an important metric, especially over time.

Your logic is ridiculous if it doesn't recognize a ranking drop of  approx 150 places is very meaningful,  some new projects struggle for recognition which explains their low rankings, BUT byteball was a top50 coin (not exactly sure what the highest rank BB achieved was), it was highly visible with lots of support, and then BB LOST it, people who liked Tony as a dev, and the tech itself have stopped supporting. That is clearly shown by the ranking drop of 150 places on CMC, and it's meaningful, despite all the obvious flaws with young crypto markets.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:27:19 AM

Oh god, the CMC ranking again - the most meaningless metric ever (for coins under 1b marketcap). Create 100 shitcoins with higher marketcap and you kick somebody out of top 100.

What I see is that many altcoins have lost over 90% since the ATH and many new shitcoins were created during last bull-run. Did they also changed their distribution methods that caused them to lose over 90%? If you keep telling that it was because of the distribution and you keep telling others that it was because of distribution then after the while, it becomes the reason, no matter if it's true or not.

CMC ranking is the only way to see how the market values coins, it removes boom/bust prices, and every coin is subject to the same manipulation, so it's a level playing field.

tonych might have great plans to spread adoption but investors didn't like the moondrops ending and dumped their BB, nothing to do with new shitcoins
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

The current distribution methods, as already argued, do not lead to a significant further distribution and certainly not to a desirable circulation.

I am curious how many months it will take this time for management to come to this conclusion.
But I bet there will be another wrong decision afterwards.

Many technically interesting projects were ruined because the laws of marketing were not observed.

And here the daily assessment of the project according to chart technical aspects:
"Byteball Bytes price equal to 44.947 USD at 2018-11-07, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."

No ray of hope in the short term either:
"Historical index for the Byteball Bytes price prediction: D"

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:53:03 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 07:03:57 AM by Thul

pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:45:16 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 08:00:08 AM by pineapple express

10 coins above and lower of byterbal

Only 5 coins lost over 90% of value. TOP Scam

I assume that if you analyze the top 50, it turns out that most of the coins are still in the top 100 and have lost less than 90% of the cost.
Wake up the byterbal team and accept that you are doing something wrong. Reread this thread and note all criticism you can find. Then spend a week eating drugs every day. Reread criticism without your fucking sectarianism, with open mind.
Pages: « 1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: