Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234007 times)
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

Well, he had those names in mind, so it is not cypersquatting, it is a measure to AVOID cybersquatting, if his idea is accepted he fully deserves a little prize for the solution he has provided, if it is not accepted, then he'd make a little loss and nobody would care about these domain names anyway.
Since you don't understand what Cybersquatting is, check the definition given on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatting

That is just semantics. Yes, it is true that he didn't cybersquat existing trademark, but what he basically did was that bought a domains and then wrote a nice long post how the names he came up with were "best possible replacement name". If you want a known name for that behavior, that can be called as lobbying.

Anyways, this is not the proccess how Byteball gets a rebranding. There is a branding agency hired who will come up with the possible news names (and they will make sure it will not sound stupid in other languages). I think it has been said that community opinion will be taken account for selecting the final one, but I have no idea when that happens.

Well, he just made a proposal, which is something always welcome - it's called brainstorming, of course the branding agency will then come with their own proposals and-or conclusions. And my personal opinion is very similar of the one of afbitcoins - bytecash is quite cool, while G-Bytes is actually quite terrible IMO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:16:26 PM

Well, he had those names in mind, so it is not cypersquatting, it is a measure to AVOID cybersquatting, if his idea is accepted he fully deserves a little prize for the solution he has provided, if it is not accepted, then he'd make a little loss and nobody would care about these domain names anyway.
Since you don't understand what Cybersquatting is, check the definition given on wikipedia:

That is just semantics. Yes, it is true that he didn't cybersquat existing trademark, but what he basically did was that bought a domains and then wrote a nice long post how the names he came up with were "best possible replacement name". If you want a known name for that behavior, that can be called as lobbying.

Anyways, this is not the proccess how Byteball gets a rebranding. There is a branding agency hired who will come up with the possible news names (and they will make sure it will not sound stupid in other languages). I think it has been said that community opinion will be taken account for selecting the final one, but I have no idea when that happens.

Well, he just made a proposal, which is something always welcome - it's called brainstorming, of course the branding agency will then come with their own proposals and-or conclusions. And my personal opinion is very similar of the one of afbitcoins - bytecash is quite cool, while G-Bytes is actually quite terrible IMO.

Cryptoruble?

tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 05:01:23 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 08:07:23 PM by tarmo888

Cryptoruble?

I propose Byte Money - Byteball already has a byte.money domain for that too.

Oh, sh1t, it already exists: "Byte Money services the South African funeral parlor market by providing cash receipting and auditing services."
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/byte-money
Well, it seems they are the true crypt-o-currency.
PinchClock

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

Thanks to Byteball Community member, henric, for this attempt to analyze Byteball aspects through the unconventional prism of metaphysics!

https://steemit.com/byteball/@henric/byteball-unus-mundus
CryptoUnicornRider

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:24:46 AM

Hi everybody,

Last week, I sponsored a friend with a smartvoucher. Everything goes fine.

Then, I sent him few bytes to allow him to experiment the wallet and to validate his email address.

He validates it. Find the unit here : https://explorer.byteball.org/#7Lj+fRiMde1q9bZNbiUNAKo7EuWGs+CtNa5dLenAdbM=

Unfortunately, he never received the 10$ reward.

So, could the Byteball team assist my friend to get his reward ? And for my personal education, could you explain me what happens ? I have my idea on the question and it's the main subject of my next article, so your opinion could help me to be more precise.

Thank you very much

Did they have @harvard.edu or @eesti.ee email address? Because at the moment, only those email addresses are rewarded and smart vouchers are only for real name attestation for now.

Hi Tarmo888,

Thank you very much for the answer. You're absolutely right !

I registered my email address few weeks ago but I was hurry this day, so I didn't take time to read anything Grin But I was sincerely thinking I received the reward... my mistake... so, I will pay the 10$ to my friend as an apology ^_^;

I will send him the bytes with his email Cheesy first experiment !!!

But I'm a bit sad, my theory will stay at theory level without proof ^_^: And my influenza doesn't help.

see you soon
PinchClock

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:58:17 AM

Read the latest Byteball email newsletter: Fun New Distribution

https://medium.com/@byteballjesus/read-the-latest-byteball-email-newsletter-fun-new-distribution-bd9198692a82
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

The speculators will be thrilled.

I, on the other hand, still can't sell anything against black bites.
Will that ever be possible? - I don't know.

"Historical index for the Byteball Bytes price prediction: E
Byteball Bytes price equal to 30.126 USD at 2018-11-29, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction

But bite ball is in good company.
Let's see which projects are the first to find their way out of their filter bubble and echo chamber.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:28:46 PM

That's very nice. Is there any date already set when this "game" to receive bytes will be launched? When will the rules be published?
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:00:55 PM

That's very nice. Is there any date already set when this "game" to receive bytes will be launched? When will the rules be published?

Excellent, finally a next step in distribution and it seems like a fun way to manage it. Hopefully it will be limited to recently active wallets. Looking forward to see more how this will be working.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

Excellent, finally a next step in distribution and it seems like a fun way to manage it. Hopefully it will be limited to recently active wallets. Looking forward to see more how this will be working.

To spread the coin more evenly, it has to be aimed at recently created, active and creating brand new wallets.
Otherwise it goes to the whales. After all, mass adoption is aimed. Also - there is no push for creating
relay nodes, nor a complete guide how to do it.
Example, I'm willing to run such node, but i need a thorough guide, since Linux is not my main focus.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:24:18 PM

To spread the coin more evenly, it has to be aimed at recently created, active and creating brand new wallets.
Otherwise it goes to the whales. After all, mass adoption is aimed. Also - there is no push for creating
Example, I'm willing to run such node, but i need a thorough guide, since Linux is not my main focus.

You forgot the fact that whales can create also new wallets and addresses, so this spreading coins to recently created ones has no effect, but distribution that has some kind of attestation gives somewhat control over not having the same people rewarded too many times.

Detailed guide how to run headless-wallet, relay and hub will be published soon. If you would be in Byteball community on Slack then you would already seen some drafts about them.
Thul

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:54:21 PM

You forgot the fact that whales can create also new wallets and addresses, so this spreading coins to recently created ones has no effect, but distribution that has some kind of attestation gives somewhat control over not having the same people rewarded too many times.
I had a hunch: Only those who drop their pants (KYC) are allowed to play along.  Grin
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 06:32:42 PM

I had a hunch: Only those who drop their pants (KYC) are allowed to play along.  Grin

Do you have any actually ideas how to distribute coins so whales don't get it (whale can be any script-kiddie who finds a loophole). Nobody wants a coin, where most of it is owned by whales, that is no way different than fiat currencies. Why are you even here, Byteball clearly doesn't fit with what you want, go buy some Monero.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

OMG again. KYC your mom russian spies
Thul

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:02:05 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 07:20:03 PM by Thul

Those who engage in this nonsense have no place in the Cryptoworld. - Basically they only want Fiat.
And where do the bites end up? - Exactly, with the whales.  Tongue

.. Why are you even here, Byteball clearly doesn't fit with what you want, go buy some Monero.
I know, I know. Thank you for the reconfirmation.

@all
The team is fooling you as long as you don't fight this endless series of wrong decisions together.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 08:10:15 PM

You made me laugh Pineapple Express Cheesy Cheesy

You are right. Why do you have distributed network, e-mail confirmation, encrypted connection,
anonymous payments... and then you KYC. What is the point then?

I think this coin needs to decide if it is going to be 100% anonymous
or 100% KYC. Having both in one coin seems to bee too hard for the team
or too hard in general when combined with mass adoption and anti-whale.

@Tarmo88 - sorry, cannot install another chat app just to monitor progress.
I'll visit btctalk from time to time.

Instead of giving Byteballs for free, consider proven method with bounties
for articles, nodes, promo videos, guides, translations, etc.
That way you will atleast get some work done for the project.

Thul

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:16:48 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 10:30:45 PM by Thul

Even better: For the development of a decentralized marketplace where I and thousands of my colleagues can finally sell goods against black bites.  Cool
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 10:34:09 PM by tarmo888

You made me laugh Pineapple Express Cheesy Cheesy
So, Russophobia makes your day? Your blend of humor, what you like is when somebody says something phobic? Or did the Your Mom joke make you laugh? Shouldn't you be in bed already?

You are right. Why do you have distributed network, e-mail confirmation, encrypted connection,
anonymous payments... and then you KYC. What is the point then?
Point is, you can't distribute coin that doesn't have mining without creating whales if you don't make sure that the addresses belong to different people. 1 address is not 1 user. Kind of insane that you still don't get the basics of being anonymous and how cryptocurrencies work (you can create as many addresses you want, all transactions are on public database).

I think this coin needs to decide if it is going to be 100% anonymous
or 100% KYC. Having both in one coin seems to bee too hard for the team
or too hard in general when combined with mass adoption and anti-whale.
Where did you get that 100% anonymous claim? Nothing is as black and white as 100% anonymous or 100% KYC. Bitcoin is also not 100% anonymous. Bytes are not 100% anonymous, blackbytes are anonymous (don't know what percentage). Even Monero is not 100% anonymous.

@Tarmo88 - sorry, cannot install another chat app just to monitor progress.
I'll visit btctalk from time to time.
You do not need an app for that, you register there http://slack.byteball.org/ and you chat there https://byteball.slack.com/ (no app, web browser)

Byteball has #grants (Slack channel) for developers and bounties for translations via Utopian.io
It even had contest for writers https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9ud8j5/writers_wanted_new_byteball_contest/
Some people (except you) work on Byteball every day and they don't come to Bitcointalk to whine. Others who don't work on Byteball, just keep themselves up to date, so they wouldn't embarrass themselves claiming something that is not true (that's you).
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 10:46:07 PM

Those who engage in this nonsense have no place in the Cryptoworld. - Basically they only want Fiat.
And where do the bites end up? - Exactly, with the whales.  Tongue

.. Why are you even here, Byteball clearly doesn't fit with what you want, go buy some Monero.
I know, I know. Thank you for the reconfirmation.

@all
The team is fooling you as long as you don't fight this endless series of wrong decisions together.

This is not how it works, nobody forces you to use Byteball like government forces you to use the fiat. You pick whatever cryptocurrency that suits for you by doing the research what the coin is about. If you want sell your Blackbytes on something, go build that something or convince somebody else to build it for you. You are not convincing anybody at the moment because you think that you can force others to do something (also not how open-source works).
Thul

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:05:56 PM

What tarmo888's hiding: With the again crazy distribution method people get bites that don't really do anything with it. - KYC sheep are only interested in Fiat.

I'm sure the team is aware of that. Which makes the suspicion stronger that these tricks are really about something completely different.

The team is obviously not interested in creating a benefit that ultimately leads to broad acceptance.
Proof:

This is not how it works, nobody forces you to use Byteball like government forces you to use the fiat. You pick whatever cryptocurrency that suits for you by doing the research what the coin is about. If you want sell your Blackbytes on something, go build that something or convince somebody else to build it for you. You are not convincing anybody at the moment because you think that you can force others to do something (also not how open-source works).
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: