Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:30:32 PM

What do people do?

Ok, everything else put aside...this is my first venture into bitcoin mining. I'd like to mine for as long as I can. What does everyone else do out there when their hashing power just isn't enough?

you could roll over your mining profits for solar panels...  then you can keep mining forever and also save on the rest of your use

I will do more research next spring...  like the looks of those solar shingles.  perhaps a next gen of those will be really good

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:37:39 PM

keeping you updated = we change whatever the hell we want. lol

only in the bitcoin community with such a lack of competition can they get away with whatever they want. sigh.
I realize emotions run high...   Myself included. I just think it's unfair to vent so hard on the guy that keeps us informed the most.
Don't kill the messenger!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I didn't like the news either btw....

KNC is like the genius kid that never wants to admit to their parents they broke something in the house while they try to fix it before they notice....  which is why I bet on them, they have good intentions.  

Wish they understood business to customer logistics a bit more though..but if that is the only main issue, we're still golden

edit.. damn 3 posts in a row..  gotta get out of the house

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
BitcoinApprentice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:54:05 PM

I like watercooling in order to move the sonic fan vibrations off-chip. However, having never used water, the pictures look like the pump is at the chip. Anyone know the physics of the water pumps? (turbine, etc)

What sort of vibration pulses (freq&amp) will be transmitted to the chip?

I'd think it'd play into a percentage of chips over time, maybe too long a time to be concerned with mining, but I'd still put the pump at the radiator or inline between the radiator and chip.
 ------  But no one ever asks me -----  haha

For a H80/H60 the pumps are on the chip, the one I showed is a custom watercooled setup, the pumps are actually housed in a reservoir in the drive bays of the computer, so quite a way away from the hardware.

Why would you be worried about the freq transmitted to the chip either from fans or from a pump?

My (perhaps unjustified concern), is epoxy/molecular breakdown potential here or there in the chip and/or at the joints with these smaller tolerances. This will come more into play on the next generations of nano-tech, so worth discussing now. Sort of like an airplane that's had 10,000 landings, It may still fly OK but every one-more, it gets a little looser, & then....  Huh
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

Place your bets if KNC would agree to sell me an empty aluminium case so I can provide a good home for my Upgrade modules.
What do you think is a fair price?

The Avenger

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:09:40 PM

Place your bets if KNC would agree to sell me an empty aluminium case so I can provide a good home for my Upgrade modules.
Considering you have bought a number of miners and upgrade boards from them - free!

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

On that topic, will the boards be mounted to aluminum plates?  I know that we get the bar and screws to mount the fans.  I'm just not sure what to lay under them.

I've laid motherboards on cardboard boxes before...I guess that'll work...lol
CYPER

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:24:33 PM

Considering you have bought a number of miners and upgrade boards from them - free!

Well I share your views that KNC can afford to give me a free case, when I have spent over $27000 with them, but if they don't at least I hope they let me pay for it.
Recently I asked for some free longer cables and got a negative response (albeit unofficial), but maybe it will be different if I ask in person.

On that topic, will the boards be mounted to aluminum plates?  I know that we get the bar and screws to mount the fans.  I'm just not sure what to lay under them.

Boards are mounted on spacer attached to the bottom of the case or any other material.
I was thinking to lay them flat on anti-static bags, but I think the ASIC chip will need some ventilation underneath, so it might be be such a good idea.
If I can't get a case out of KNC (free or paid) I will most probably build one myself or get a computer case and install the boards on standoffs/spacers.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

Select bunch of people keep polluting the thread with bullshit. Are you guys trying to become Hero members or something?

i sure am!
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:37:30 PM

Like it but hopefully its nothing like butterfly labs it took them way to long to develop there products
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:40:11 PM

Like it but hopefully its nothing like butterfly labs it took them way to long to develop there products
primedice ad thread specifically states you wont get paid for posting spam like this
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

@orama,knc or any other person able to get me two artic I30 on monday, anyplace between trondheim and stocholm...
I am driving monday to colect my uppgrade modules, but now my local suplier of that fan is unable to ship before 23.10 and shipping takes time here in norway...

I have two other coolermaster cpu chillers hyper 212 evo, but now understand only the I30 models will be able to be mounted.
Noob on both bitcoins, and hardware instalations.
If anybody could help me get fans on my way to or back from stocholm on monday, will be highly apreciated!

Than you all for a supportive comunity .)

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
BitcoinApprentice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:53:15 PM

Cool... I "found" the 52 second block on eligius yesterday!
Thank You Phoenix,  I've been looking for my winning contribution, but it hasn't shown up yet.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:14:33 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 09:25:08 PM by Phoenix1969

Well I share your views that KNC can afford to give me a free case, when I have spent over $27000 with them, but if they don't at least I hope they let me pay for it.
Recently I asked for some free longer cables and got a negative response (albeit unofficial), but maybe it will be different if I ask in person.

Boards are mounted on spacer attached to the bottom of the case or any other material.
I was thinking to lay them flat on anti-static bags, but I think the ASIC chip will need some ventilation underneath, so it might be be such a good idea.
If I can't get a case out of KNC (free or paid) I will most probably build one myself or get a computer case and install the boards on standoffs/spacers.
Guys...
I dont think cardboard, or a plastic bag underneath will work.
The case is part of the structure the bar uses to clamp the heatsink & fan into place.
Without it, all the clamping force would be transferred to the board, and you could literally break it in half tightening the bar to it without the proper base, and spacers.
Also, the boards themselves also get toasty, and cardboard & plastic would be dangerous imho...

**edit...  The case actually acts as a partial heatsink as well. If you were to feel underneath your machine, you will notice the bottom is warm, and the screwheads which hold the board into place(not the heatsink) are actually warmest, meaning the heat is transferred from there as well...    just sayin'      Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:24:39 PM

Guys...
I dont think cardboard, or a plastic bag underneath will work.
The case is part of the structure the bar uses to clamp the heatsink & fan into place.
Without it, all the clamping force would be transferred to the board, and you could literally break it in half tightening the bar to it without the proper base, and spacers.
Also, the boards themselves also get toasty, and cardboard & plastic would be dangerous imho...

**edit...  The case actually acts as a partial heatsink as well. If you were to feel underneath your machine, you will notice the bottom is warm, and the screwheads which hold the board into place are actually warmest, meaning the heat is transferred from there as well...    just sayin'      Wink

I will probably install it on spacers screwed onto a piece of wood if I can't get a case from KNC and until I get a computer case.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:42:12 PM

What do people do?

Ok, everything else put aside...this is my first venture into bitcoin mining. I'd like to mine for as long as I can. What does everyone else do out there when their hashing power just isn't enough? I'm sure at one point everyone has to make a decision to buy/invest more or opt out. The thing that I see is the time from purchasing to making that decision is MUCH shorter then it use to be. I'm sure there are GPU miners here going for over a year here. I doubt I'll ever get to mine my Saturn for a year and have a return. What does normally everyone do? Discard their old mining hardware and dump another few thousand into new gear? Just keep adding to what they have already? Because if you look on the horizon you are going to need at least 1Th/s rig to be in the ball game here. And those rigs are priced about $5000 or more right now. Someone that bought a Saturn is never going to break even then be able to make $5k, so what does that miner do? Back out? Dump more money? I'm kind of curious as to what long term miners have done.

I posted this in this forum because it will apply to all our first gen Saturn and Jupiter owners. While some of you are adding hash power to what you already had there are a lot of us being first time mining buyers here. There is no big pay day at the end....and if we are only buying to break end 2-3 months down the road and then no return it kind of throws up red flags to stop and think hard about the next decision on where our money goes. Maybe we can talk about this, rather then no news KNC.

my only thought on this are people really gonna stop mining with their old 1st gen ASIC units ...like the 60gh Avalon or eventually our KNC stuff or are they gonna go "heh" and just mine some other sha256 ASIC COIN instead and hope that if enough do so they will push it out of the nest and make at least elec costs plus?

(heh ASICcoin named their sha256 altcoin with that in mind)

I know gpu guys are still poping out LITECOIN..

anway if you invite enough people to the party will it float the boat $$$ wise to keep this stuff afloat?

just saying no idea myself

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:45:22 PM

actually you could just go down to a local metal shop and they would bend and aluminum case for your dimensions imho for the
price it would take to get a unit from Sweden

not a big deal they make boxes out of aluminum for all sorts of uses..anyway would not be hard to do where I live they'd even tap out the screw holes

also you would not have to do aluminum you could do a pexiglass arrangement like the MARS prototype unit has that in fact would probably be easier to find someone to do

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CYPER

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:48:21 PM

actually you could just go down to a local metal shop and they would bend and aluminum case for your dimensions imho for the
price it would take to get a unit from Sweden

not a big deal they make boxes out of aluminum for all sorts of uses..anyway would not be hard to do where I live they'd even tap out the screw holes

also you would not have to do aluminum you could do a pexiglass arrangement like the MARS prototype unit has that in fact would probably be easier to find someone to do

Searing

Actually I'm going to Stockholm Monday (I thing I said that at least 3 times already).
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:59:08 PM

@orama,knc or any other person able to get me two artic I30 on monday, anyplace between trondheim and stocholm...
I am driving monday to colect my uppgrade modules, but now my local suplier of that fan is unable to ship before 23.10 and shipping takes time here in norway...

I have two other coolermaster cpu chillers hyper 212 evo, but now understand only the I30 models will be able to be mounted.
If anybody could help me get fans on my way to or back from stocholm on monday, will be highly apreciated!

go for the a30 instead
https://i.imgur.com/0NI2wpV.png (thx to kronut)

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

go for the a30 instead
https://i.imgur.com/0NI2wpV.png (thx to kronut)

You can use either, i'll see if Sam'll part with any, but either the a30, or the i30 should be fine mate.

We have both here, I just checked. I know i'm still in the office at 11pm on a Saturday, lame.

The only difference is the location of the holes, they changed halfway through due to the fact they ordered they world's available supply of one or the other of those at one point. Anyway you be sent multi-hole blanks, there wont be the protruding metal pieces to secure the plate in place, the screws are more than enough. They were purely there so the heatsinks stayed in place during shipping (yes i'm well aware the fans themselves didn't). Anyway unless you're planning on taking your miners off-road on safari you should be golden. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

keeping you updated = we change whatever the hell we want. lol

only in the bitcoin community with such a lack of competition can they get away with whatever they want. sigh.
I realize emotions run high...   Myself included. I just think it's unfair to vent so hard on the guy that keeps us informed the most.
Don't kill the messenger!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I didn't like the news either btw....

im just angry i bought an "upgradable" miner, and now thats untrue. they have changed designs and im fucked.

I suspect that there could be a VRM board and a Firmware change and / or a controller board change on the old units etc...

Assuming they felt so compelled...

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Pages: « 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: