Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Yep, If anyone wants me to buy their boards....    Wink
I could use a couple more....
I'll shoot you the BTC, and we can notify KNC.....   simple as that.

You're #2 behind Bogart's (1) if I can't get them going.  Will take delivery first.  How many you want if I can't get them going?
The offer is for direct delivery only, sorry....  (Before Monday)
but 2 or 3

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:43:00 AM

So I have no possible way of securing the fan/heatsink to the board now?

If I had this problem I'd do the following:

1) somewhere on here someone posted how to get extra long cable leads for the extra units and ebay link

2) I run my Jupiter with the cover off...so do the same but simply flip the cover match the screw holes and mount it upside down (sides pointing up) get the correct mounting plugs like are on your orig mining units (or equiv) and with extra long leads on there.....mount the two extras on top..have some 5" fans on the side to blow on the units ..viola

3) or I'd get some pexiglass stuff at a hobby shop and hack together some kind unit with plastic that looks like the MARS Prototype with a big ass Fan at the end

anyway a couple guys HAVE CLAIMED to have done this (one guy had a flakey units on two knc boxes so was playing mix /match and tried 6 on the one says it worked...in this thread someplace)

so anyway if you got the units give it a shot...even if not official if nothing else I'm sure you can 'easily I mean easily' get your $$$ back selling them anyway

but imho if 2 showed up on my door I'd do the above (on the other hand on my unit I'd have to get advice on how to add 2 ports to make 6)

my 2c worth

Searing

I don't really have interest in ripping off the community.  But I am only interested in selling to miners...not people who will resell right away.  **bobsag3, cough cough**  Wink

If I do sell, I would like as many BTC back as I paid.  So I guess that is a markup given the current spot...but not disastrous.
Paladin69

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:49:22 AM

Yep, If anyone wants me to buy their boards....    Wink
I could use a couple more....
I'll shoot you the BTC, and we can notify KNC.....   simple as that.

You're #2 behind Bogart's (1) if I can't get them going.  Will take delivery first.  How many you want if I can't get them going?
The offer is for direct delivery only, sorry....  (Before Monday)
but 2 or 3

Well I'll let you know if I can't use them as you might change your mind.  I obviously want to try first.  I'll throw in the A30's I showed earlier.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:52:05 AM

1) somewhere on here someone posted how to get extra long cable leads for the extra units and ebay link

2) I run my Jupiter with the cover off...so do the same but simply flip the cover match the screw holes and mount it upside down (sides pointing up) get the correct mounting plugs like are on your orig mining units (or equiv) and with extra long leads on there.....mount the two extras on top..have some 5" fans on the side to blow on the units ..viola

3) or I'd get some pexiglass stuff at a hobby shop and hack together some kind unit with plastic that looks like the MARS Prototype with a big ass Fan at the end

anyway a couple guys HAVE CLAIMED to have done this (one guy had a flakey units on two knc boxes so was playing mix /match and tried 6 on the one says it worked...in this thread someplace)

so anyway if you got the units give it a shot...even if not official if nothing else I'm sure you can 'easily I mean easily' get your $$$ back selling them anyway

but imho if 2 showed up on my door I'd do the above (on the other hand on my unit I'd have to get advice on how to add 2 ports to make 6)

my 2c worth

Searing

I don't really have interest in ripping off the community.  But I am only interested in selling to miners...not people who will resell right away.  **bobsag3, cough cough**  Wink

If I do sell, I would like as many BTC back as I paid.  So I guess that is a markup given the current spot...but not disastrous.
I resent that statement Tongue
Paladin69

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:06:50 AM

my 2c worth

Searing

I resent that statement Tongue

Hindsight is 20/20.  I regret selling so many BFL's to raise funds for Nov.  I had no idea KnC was going to sell so many October units and take the diff as high as they did.  I've just made one mistake after another.  It's kinda depressing.

Should've just burned the BFL's, taken the Day 2 Jups and got out.  There is no self-control by the ASIC developers & resellers.  Everybody is out for blood squeezing everyone's nuts looking to see who they can take advantage of.  Only allowing payment in BTC, not updating news bits with proper info, not having a proper advanced RMA process, and not shipping when people say they will is icing on the cake.

At least KnC isn't as bad as BFL, Avalon, or ASICMiner.  I just wish companies were more open about how much they plan to ship.  That's the only thing I can give HashFast & CoinTerra credit for.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:19:43 AM

Thanks.

So there is no aluminum plate to go underneath?  Is what Phoenix said a concern?  What is safe to let the board rest on while hashing?

Well one would imagine that being an owner of a Saturn or a Mercury, i.e. the two purchasers these were directed towards you should have space available in your case...

I thought we could fill all 6 modules in a Jupiter?

Not officially...

Then I'll have some for sale if they don't work I guess.  Man communication comprehension around here is ass.

FTFY

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:26:35 AM

That's not a Jupiter. That unit has 6 modules, maybe he can call it a Venus or something. I'm wondering where the extra two modules are sitting.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:27:35 AM

That's not a Jupiter. That unit has 6 modules, maybe he can call it a Venus or something. I'm wondering where the extra two modules are sitting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3608432#msg3608432

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:40:39 AM

Thanks.

So there is no aluminum plate to go underneath?  Is what Phoenix said a concern?  What is safe to let the board rest on while hashing?

Well one would imagine that being an owner of a Saturn or a Mercury, i.e. the two purchasers these were directed towards you should have space available in your case...

Not officially...

Then I'll have some for sale if they don't work I guess.  Man communication around here is ass.

Are you kidding?! Nobody ever said that 6 boards fit into one case!

It was never stated these were only for Saturn and Mercury here...
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-64

I have 2 open slots on my controller board.  What else am I supposed to think?

Indeed you are supposed to think and just use your brain and look inside your case. Where the f... should there be enough space to fit 6 boards?

A motherboard doesn't need to be in a computer case to work.

Sounds like you've answered your own question buddy...

The question remains, can I fasten the fan/heatsink to the board?

I would not, you may put too much tension on the PCB and bend it. These aren't like motherboards, which are strong as heck and can take a beating. These are ASIC PCB's which are thin and weak. Didn't any of you ever build your own computers? Must be a young crowd here. I've been building my own computers for the last 20 years, and while some of you may be 20 years old some sound like you have no idea what you are doing. The PCB mounts on mountings retainers or screws so there is proper air flow below the PCB also. Just grab or buy an all aluminum computer case and make your own miner....even a 2u computer case with nothing in it would be a perfect start for a nice custom job. They also make starter screws that tap into the aluminum then on the other side is a female end for screw that would hold down the PCB itself. There are terribly so many options out there. If I had the chance to get my hands on "extra" modules I would be forced to make another case, and it would be a nice little project to have. I'm actually looking for the data cable they use and can't find it online. If someone knows where to buy that stuff, please post a link. I can't remember if I saw a link to that here or not. The cable that goes from the module to the controller board. Flat data cable.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:43:08 AM

Top of this page opentoe.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:46:19 AM

Got it, thanks.
I thought the ribbon cable had to be exact what is being used now. There are like 20 different variations of this cable and then it asks if you want 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, 6 way, etc.....how would I know. I wonder how Cyper ended up knowing which exact cable to get.

Paladin69

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:00:37 AM

Thanks.

Not officially...

Then I'll have some for sale if they don't work I guess.  Man communication comprehension around here is ass.

FTFY

#1 I have two open slots
#2 Their newsletter didn't say Saturn/Mercury only
#3 Their sales didn't deny me even though I never owned a Saturn/Mercury.

Should I repeat that?
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:06:25 AM

Hindsight is 20/20.  I regret selling so many BFL's to raise funds for Nov.  I had no idea KnC was going to sell so many October units and take the diff as high as they did.  I've just made one mistake after another.  It's kinda depressing.

Should've just burned the BFL's, taken the Day 2 Jups and got out.  There is no self-control by the ASIC developers & resellers.  Everybody is out for blood squeezing everyone's nuts looking to see who they can take advantage of.  Only allowing payment in BTC, not updating news bits with proper info, not having a proper advanced RMA process, and not shipping when people say they will is icing on the cake.

At least KnC isn't as bad as BFL, Avalon, or ASICMiner.  I just wish companies were more open about how much they plan to ship.  That's the only thing I can give HashFast & CoinTerra credit for.

All you had to do was some simple math.

In one of my other threads we make educated guesses on difficulty increases, and so far we've been spot on.

If you think it's bad now, don't go look at the difficulty guess thread for the end of December lol..

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:06:54 AM

Going along with what Phoenix said, does anyone have a module they're willing to part with for no mega markup? I have a mercury who would love a sister board.

Paladin69

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:13:43 AM

All you had to do was some simple math.

In one of my other threads we make educated guesses on difficulty increases, and so far we've been spot on.

If you think it's bad now, don't go look at the difficulty guess thread for the end of December lol..

The excel I made was spot when BFL was shipping.  There is no way you could've been spot on about KnC owning 70% unless you had inside info.

Anywho, I'm out.  I changed my mind about selling them here if I need to.  To ebay they will go.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:21:27 AM

Got it, thanks.
I thought the ribbon cable had to be exact what is being used now. There are like 20 different variations of this cable and then it asks if you want 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, 6 way, etc.....how would I know. I wonder how Cyper ended up knowing which exact cable to get.

I cannot remember exactly how many pins the control board connectors have, what is it 10 or 12?   All you have to do is look at what is currently in your miner.  That part is pretty straight forward.

The part that amazes me is the length of the cables that Cyper is using without signal loss. I'm no EE but I would love to hear how that works.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:34:08 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 05:53:01 AM by Bogart

That's not a Jupiter. That unit has 6 modules, maybe he can call it a Venus or something.

If you look into the strings in the firmware, there's the name for the unit depending on the number of ASICs :
0 ASICs: 0_The_Headless_Horseman
1 ASICs: Mercury
2 ASICs: Saturn
3 ASICs: 3_Cerberus
4 ASICs: Jupiter
5 ASICs: 5_Five_Headed_Monkey
6 ASICs: 6_Hosted_Max_Speed

Aww, not a very cool name.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:41:39 AM

Bogart has 1 module reserved if I can't use it.

I changed my mind about selling them here if I need to.  To ebay they will go.

Huh  Sad

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:53:49 AM

If I were to make some extra 3-foot data cables (or other lengths), would y'all be interested in buying any?

(Shipping from US.)

BitcoinApprentice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:12:31 AM

But the whole thing is meant to screw thru the aluminum blank to the case it looks like.  Nothing to screw into under the board I guess...  Are those aluminum blanks hollow?  I'll have to be careful with the size of a bolt I guess underneath so it doesn't cross anything.

argh...  

You are better of selling them I think.  Phoenix or Special-K will buy them off you for sure.

Well if I can get them to hash I might as well try...

Lovely communication by KnC.
The KnC website is pretty well lacking, but the archive here goes back a long way, and it's all been covered multiple times. Just have to plop down and wade through lots of trollese!
Pages: « 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: