Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 09:41:34 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3011443 times)
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1602

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:12:10 PM

Can I still run 2 November Jupiters on a single 120V 15A circuit? I recently had an electrician install additional circuits in my basement and after all the mining equipment was intstalled I ended up with one spare 15A circuit, which was why I ordered 2 November Jupiters based on the 600W power consumption of the earlier version. My load center is now maxed out and I can't add any more circuits.
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gravito

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:13:59 PM

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama: Does this delay also apply to the upgrade modules? Will the shipping of the upgrade modules begin with, before or after shipping of regular november orders?

Guy's I'll be honest and say. If you have a November batch and want to take full advantage, I'd be sourcing 1200w PSUs.

I'd still avoid the Cosair HX Series. You'd prob be fine with a solid 1000w+.

We've been testing on the V850s still, but as I alluded to before they've been pushing these around and over 1000w and the PSUs are solid and have been taking the abuse, but if I were you with future firmware revisions and from what I've seen: 1200w Gold rated PSUs for November batch orders FTW please! Wink

@Bitcoinorama: Wrong quote!  Grin Can you please comment on shipment of regular november orders vs. upgrade modules?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:14:56 PM

I got briefly excited when the fans arrived.

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.

Guys, due to the fact we underestimated the demand and oversold, we had to wait for the rest to be produced at the factory. Currently as you can see, they are being packed with all the auxiliary parts, then labelled.

As they sold out and were paid for in seconds, and there isn't any logical order of sale, we sat down and had a chat as how to best approach this, and to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
fubly

Activity: 534

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:21:46 PM

All November batch boxes have a new PCB board

New Asic-Board or controller board.

If new controller board? Does it hast 4 or more ports?

If more then 4 ports + and inside the miner are 4 asic-boards!

Can I use the old asic-boards from oktober batch inside the novbatch?

If yes to all, send me an pm if anyone need my old controller borad of batch october Cool i will send it after receiving novbatch.

here are the sunglasses  Cool Cool Cool Cool. Sorry me for my signature, you can switch it off ore ignore me from now to the 07 dec
i have to win the hf babyjet, because my knc oct batch starts working before 2 day´s. All four board´s are faulty from first day.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:23:51 PM

The only reason for the October batch to buy uprated PSUs would be if they purchased additional upgrade boards that unofficially they shouldn't be doing, as they officially were for Mercury and Saturns to upgrade with. Wink

Most folks I know who got them are Jupiter owners. I know I'll never see one for my Mercury, not at the OEM price lol. Going for 2..3..4k on ebay.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:24:05 PM

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama: Does this delay also apply to the upgrade modules? Will the shipping of the upgrade modules begin with, before or after shipping of regular november orders?

Guy's I'll be honest and say. If you have a November batch and want to take full advantage, I'd be sourcing 1200w PSUs.

I'd still avoid the Cosair HX Series. You'd prob be fine with a solid 1000w+.

We've been testing on the V850s still, but as I alluded to before they've been pushing these around and over 1000w and the PSUs are solid and have been taking the abuse, but if I were you with future firmware revisions and from what I've seen: 1200w Gold rated PSUs for November batch orders FTW please! Wink

@Bitcoinorama: Wrong quote!  Grin Can you please comment on shipment of regular november orders vs. upgrade modules?

New PCB design was finalised last week, they are being made, they will be sent direct to the manufacturing facility, where the units will be assembled, tested and sent direct by courier. So production has started, but based on what i've seen from before, personally if I was a betting man I'd be looking at deliveries in the last week of Nov. I'm not personally being tied to dates, i'd just rather play devils advocate. This will move a lot quicker this time. The manufacturing run has been optimised and the staff have now all had experience in assembling these units. Marcus will be on site the entire time they are being made, I won't as i'll be heading to the London Bitcoin expo on the 30th, my homeground. Wink

That said, from what i've seen you're going to love what's been done to these new revisions. These make use of those 320w heatsinks a little more, so none of you will be going cold this winter that's for sure!!

CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:25:01 PM

Bitcoin Mining Heaven  Grin

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:27:43 PM

All November batch boxes have a new PCB board

New Asic-Board or controller board.

If new controller board? Does it hast 4 or more ports?

If more then 4 ports + and inside the miner are 4 asic-boards!

Can I use the old asic-boards from oktober batch inside the novbatch?

If yes to all, send me an pm if anyone need my old controller borad of batch october Cool i will send it after receiving novbatch.

here are the sunglasses  Cool Cool Cool Cool. Sorry me for my signature, you can switch it off ore ignore me from now to the 07 dec
i have to win the hf babyjet, because my knc oct batch starts working before 2 day´s. All four board´s are faulty from first day.

Eh? if they are faulty RMA them. The controller board is the same, it's a module board revision, different component layout since we've had time to play with the boards and see how the ASIC reacts under load...

btc_uzr

Activity: 434

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:36:59 PM

(...)
Where are mah modules!!1
(...)

Guys, due to the fact we underestimated the demand and oversold, we had to wait for the rest to be produced at the factory. Currently as you can see, they are being packed with all the auxiliary parts, then labelled.

As they sold out and were paid for in seconds, and there isn't any logical order of sale, we sat down and had a chat as how to best approach this, and to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.

It's nice to read that KnC has good intentions by holding back upgrades.
Would have been appreciated to get this info earlier than today.
Anyway thanks for letting us know!

However the named reason doesn't make sense for me.
You could have it queued based on the actual order number.
It doesn't really matter which Tx was faster, as all have been paid in less than 15min.
Who clicked the item first is important in this case.

Cannot imagine one would complain about that his additional #201 board will be shipped on Monday - just happy about getting it.
The reason to hold back the first 200 ones - it sounds like an excuse to me even if it might not be one.

!! File Complaints Against KnCMiner NOW !!
..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 877

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:38:32 PM

This is rather disappointing as I would have thought that these would be shipped out based on the order number, considering that these were all paid with BTC (no wire transfer delays). It looks like I would be receiving the coolers before the modules

Hopefully the Monday shipments are on time

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:54:43 PM

This is sort of disappointing (though not unexpected) as I would have thought that these would be shipped out based on the order number considering that these were all paid with BTC (no wire transfer delays). it looks like I would be receiving the coolers before the modules

Hopefully the Monday shipments are on time

Cheers

Doesn't matter which arrives first, both are useless without the other. It's symbiotic relationship. Wink

We discussed this, but it's not like the June orders where some people paid further apart from others, and it's not like there is any significant reason for delay aside fulfilling what we have now inadvertently promised due to load on the site preventing Andreas from halting the sale. So we discussed what we felt was fair to everybody going forward, and that's giving everyone an equal chance of receipt. Deliver all at once. As you know you need to source and have heatsinks in hand regardless, so just chill for the weekend and play the otherside.

Personally I was a little annoyed by the way the sale was conducted. I think Mercuries and Saturns should have been given first refusal. I said this at the time...

The basic response was that they sold way more Saturns then sold upgrade modules, and we could always sell more Saturns if wanted from these boards, but upgrade modules were promised, they were never promised to anyone in-particular aside existing customers, and there is no way of approaching this without a great deal of headache, so it's simpler to offer it to every existing customer.

At the end of the day Jupiters are not officially allowed or supported to add unofficial upgrades, whether that is possible on boards without the six slot present is for you to find out. Most peeps know the answer to this though. No physical modding will be covered under warranty of course.

W.r.t. future board availability, perhaps, depends on yield rate, rmas, etc.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:56:51 PM

I got briefly excited when the fans arrived.

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy. hypocrisy

Actually I'd say; complains about knc constantly and doesn't actually own any of their goods is the definition of hypocrisy...

fuck off dickhead!

So tell me, did you loose some coins?  Roll Eyes

You seemed so eager to support this venture: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323084.msg3554645#msg3554645

Easy to see through BS when you apply some pragmatic reasoning and do a little research FUKT. Try it one day...

Grin Grin Grin

ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:03:53 PM

again, when i bought a mercury i knew it was going to be upgradable, but not a one time fire sale that lasted 3 minutes and couldn't even pay properly. not cool. should have kept that saturn and jupiter order i made. oh well. chargebacks are fun!
lemonte

Activity: 601

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:06:32 PM

Exciting news, Cheers O'rama!

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

@ anyone w/jupiter - what are you using for the 4th module with your V850s?

mine came with 3 'twin' connectors, so im using one connector 'twice' and it is HOT!

lemonte

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:16:44 PM

New PCB design was finalised last week, they are being made, they will be sent direct to the manufacturing facility, where the units will be assembled, tested and sent direct by courier. So production has started, but based on what i've seen from before, personally if I was a betting man I'd be looking at deliveries in the last week of Nov. I'm not personally being tied to dates, i'd just rather play devils advocate. This will move a lot quicker this time. The manufacturing run has been optimised and the staff have now all had experience in assembling these units. Marcus will be on site the entire time they are being made, I won't as i'll be heading to the London Bitcoin expo on the 30th, my homeground. Wink

That said, from what i've seen you're going to love what's been done to these new revisions. These make use of those 320w heatsinks a little more, so none of you will be going cold this winter that's for sure!!

Thinking about going down to the expo as well, I will let you know. Are you bringing over any equipment to show?

O'rama can i be an annoying bugger and ask about the reseller stuff again? Have the production facility been notified about the units people have earned via reselling, or will it be done manually by customer service? Sorry to ask!

CYPER

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

@ anyone w/jupiter - what are you using for the 4th module with your V850s?

mine came with 3 'twin' connectors, so im using one connector 'twice' and it is HOT!

Twin molex to PCI-E is one solution.
Or I read that you can use one of the CPU slots to plug an additional PCI-E cable there (if you have any), but do your own research for that as I cannot be held responsible for any damages.

Btw if you send an email to Cooler Master to request additional PCI-E cables they will be happy to send you some. I'm currently waiting 7 to arrive:

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:27:07 PM

Thinking about going down to the expo as well, I will let you know. Are you bringing over any equipment to show?

O'rama can i be an annoying bugger and ask about the reseller stuff again? Have the production facility been notified about the units people have earned via reselling, or will it be done manually by customer service? Sorry to ask!

If you have resold, then your unit gets shipped after the last unit that reached 10 resells has been passed.

Yeah I'll more than likely have a November unit to show. It'd be pointless attending otherwise!!

lemonte

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:33:02 PM

If you have resold, then your unit gets shipped after the last unit that reached 10 resells has been passed.

Yeah I'll more than likely have a November unit to show. It'd be pointless attending otherwise!!

Thanks for letting me know, will that happen automatically? Sorry, I sound like an excited child just before Christmas, which is not too far from the truth really!

I'll drop you a PM closer to the time, would be nice to have a pint and a chat Smiley Thanks for the updates.

CYPER

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:37:09 PM

Let's see if I can make these work  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.