Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 06:15:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3008017 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:32:49 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...

Phoenix, what made you decide to try this out in the first place?
I am a fuel technology researcher, specifically in the resonant electrolysis field (also consultant to a large Swedish gasification firm), and know through many many experiments, that by eliminating "Weak links" and resistance in general, ALWAYS improves efficiency, always. Our equipment relies heavily on electronic efficiency. So, with that in mind, looking at those long pci patch cords, had to try.

I'll bet that if eliminating the cable was in fact what fixed your issue, that the cause was actually in one of the connectors, and not in the cable itself or owing to the length of its wires.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:38:49 PM

My point exactly when you and bumcoinorama demand the same off me.

My opinion of knc based on my experience with them is as valid as anything else posted here. But this is the last time I humour your trolling Roadstress, as it's not just annoying to me, it fills up pages with crap. I guess you've got nothing better to do and bumcoinorama is incapable of any flexibility of thought, I could hit him over the head with a jupiter and he'd still say I don't have one.

Look at yourself - when put in the same position - me demanding an order number from you - you seem insulted by the request and refuse. Shoe and other foot eh? End of.

P.S. I fully agree with jonoiv - it's disgraceful that people who placed November orders a month or two ago are not getting their unit before this weeks fire-sale of boards. KNC continue their ruthless ways, knowing they have everyone's money and there is nothing they can do about it. They just want more. I assume refunds for November customers are not available any more?  Grin

Because it's a totally different thing. I'll let you find out why.

You still haven't answered. How is your unit hashing? Why are you not satisfied with your purchase from KnC?

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:46:35 PM

My point exactly when you and...

...November customers are not available any more?  Grin

Because it's an awesomely different thing. I'll let you find yourself...

You still haven't danced. How is your unit smashing? Why are you not transmorgified with your purchase from KnC?

He does not want to tell us -- so let him be.

He takes far too many words not to tell us.

It's tiresome.

And no November Customers aren't available anymore.

Back to technical issues and helping each other please...

There that makes more sense.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
ElGabo

Activity: 636

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:58:58 PM

Guys!

Could you stop bitching about Avanger and the other impotent trolls and turn back to some technical discussion about KNC?

This thread becoming boring....

You can't help someone how doesn't want. Trolls just cryin' and doesn't want to solve the problems....

Begging PLEASE, PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!!

Grin

yes! like how i can get my hands on one bloody upgrade module!

you know, when they said these things would be upgradeable, i assumed that meant longer than 3 minutes on November 12th......

They was upgradeable for 3 minutes.

I could put an order, then I cancelled it.

After I put an other, paid it, and got 2 modules.

Was it magic? Or was I as fast as some others?

Everybody known this will be a rush. I refreshed the page from 13:55 every 2 seconds to catch it.....

First in first serve that was the key words.

Somebody got, somebody missed. It's not their fault...

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Tehfiend

Activity: 473

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

Guys!

Could you stop bitching about Avanger and the other impotent trolls and turn back to some technical discussion about KNC?

You can't help someone how doesn't want. Trolls just cryin' and doesn't want to solve the problems....

Grin

^^^^ Having Avenger on ignore is not helping anymore Sad
ElGabo

Activity: 636

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

Guys!

Grin

^^^^ Having Avenger on ignore is not helping anymore Sad

What is the problem?

It's not true?

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
btc_uzr

Activity: 434

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

RoadStress read the KnC forums and you'll see there ARE in fact unhappy customers  - for several reasons.
Count yourself lucky if everything went so smooth for you that there's no room for improvement at all.

I get same day reply to emails.
Honestly I do not believe you.
Whether you do have a special status there (if so y?), customers are rated by unwanted questions or your are just telling us lies.

I wrote quite a lot of mails to KnC in the last months - and it's very very rare that you'll get an answer the same day.
Even for time critical stuff marked as high prio as well as tiny politely emails you have to wait at least one, but up to 3 business days.

And if you're unlucky you won't get an answer at all.
When asking again you might get one for the same question, but no 'sorry we forgot about you'.

*edit:
I understand that KnC is a young company with growing number of customers - and they are doing great.
Nevertheless they can improve a lot of things..and my experience in regards to emails is another one than yours.

!! File Complaints Against KnCMiner NOW !!
..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
idee2013

Activity: 397

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

Guys!

Grin
+111111
btc_uzr

Activity: 434

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:22:13 PM

you are right - sorry I could not resist...
guess it's caused somehow by 'there are no real issues right now'

!! File Complaints Against KnCMiner NOW !!
..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:34:33 PM

Guys!

Grin

I will stop after this post. I only wanted to show that Avenger has a vendetta against KnC and it's obviously bad intended.

@btc_uzr I can't have any special treatment since the email i'm using to communicate with them is not related to anything from this forum. Maybe i have a good karma. There may be some unsatisfied customers, but their number is important. I only counted around 5 on this forum, please tell me an approximate number from their forums. And sales never lie, their 200 upgrade boards went out in 3 minutes and they sold out on their November batch (i'm hoping there won't be another batch till at least February) comparing to idiots from Avalon who were struggling to sale their units/chips after the mess they did. As usual you are free to not buy from this company if you never got the satisfaction that you wanted.

The problem that i have with Avenger is that all he does is whine and throw shit at KnC instead of coming with REAL problems like in every other hardware threads. For example i want him to come and say "I have requested for an RMA and i never got one. WTF" or "I'm waiting for a reply from KnC for one week now. Their support sucks" or "My unit hits only 400GH/s" etc. All these are legitimate problems(like some others posted here), but what i see from trolling Avenger was "KNC continue their ruthless ways", "Faulty goods, lousy service, lots of lies", "will have to send every faulty RMA board directly back to customers now", "if you are willing to deal with a company of liars and thieves" (actually laughed so hard at this one), "And the fact you can't come up with a few grand to invest suggests you are a loser, with no real business skills, just a lot of talk".

Please see the difference between legitimate posts and the ones with an agenda to throw shit at companies for no reason. As i said i'm giving up on Avenger. People have been warned about him and for what i call people can be idiots and actually believe Avanger since that means fewer miners sold and lower difficulty for me.

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
xrash

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:36:08 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window I paid for each jupiter as individual orders as Pay PAL would only allow it to be done that way do to the size of the order. So I ended up with 4 orders 304, 1704,1705, and 1706. Right away the distance in order numbers had me nervous so I sent an email to Sam Cole making sure all 4 orders would be grouped together and shipped out on day 1 under order 304. I was told yes and that he would fix the orders so that this happened. Fast forward to the shipping and i get order 304 on day 1 and the other 3 show up 2 weeks later.During the 2 weeks and when the first order was in transit, i was constantly getting the run around from KNC customer service told that orders are shipped based on when they were paid which for anyone that made an early pre oder knows this was not the case for us as we were given 7 days to pay to secure our spot in line.Finally after 10 days they admit that they messed up and moved my order up( they moved it up like 1 day as all other 17xx order were being shipped out at that time). Then I find out through the forums that others have received compensation for this kind of mix up. When I asked what was going to be done about the 17 BTC per unit that I lost out on, I was told nothing would be done. This does not seem right to me and I wanted to ask the community and KNC'S spokesman bitcoinorama if i'm justified in complaining about this service and treatment. KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:38:18 PM

Trolls usually troll for attention IMO and he's getting what he wants.  No one can put him right as then he'd have to stop posting and stop receiving attention.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

Do the modules at least come with mounting screws?  I don't want to be climbing into my car and driving 23 miles to Lowes for screws when it arrives.  They look like M3x.50x6 and M3x.50x20.
Screws, bar, ribbons, cables....all included...no "running to the store" necessary....two of the small pcb board mounting screws come from the arctic freezer box to hold the board to the unit, peel the sticker off the base of the cooler, blob the thermal paste onto the center of it.... gently set heatsink on top of chip, wiggle till thermal squeezes out, while centering the heatsink onto the chip mounting surface.. then you stick one spacer over each bar mounting hole, slide the bar in, and thread in the two longer bar-mounting screws, tighten gently while double-checking alignment....  once secure...that's it. plug in  the ribbon, fan, and power cord...fire it up.

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:52:27 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window I paid for each jupiter as individual orders as Pay PAL would only allow it to be done that way do to the size of the order. So I ended up with 4 orders 304, 1704,1705, and 1706. Right away the distance in order numbers had me nervous so I sent an email to Sam Cole making sure all 4 orders would be grouped together and shipped out on day 1 under order 304. I was told yes and that he would fix the orders so that this happened. Fast forward to the shipping and i get order 304 on day 1 and the other 3 show up 2 weeks later.During the 2 weeks and when the first order was in transit, i was constantly getting the run around from KNC customer service told that orders are shipped based on when they were paid which for anyone that made an early pre oder knows this was not the case for us as we were given 7 days to pay to secure our spot in line.Finally after 10 days they admit that they messed up and moved my order up( they moved it up like 1 day as all other 17xx order were being shipped out at that time). Then I find out through the forums that others have received compensation for this kind of mix up. When I asked what was going to be done about the 17 BTC per unit that I lost out on, I was told nothing would be done. This does not seem right to me and I wanted to ask the community and KNC'S spokesman bitcoinorama if i'm justified in complaining about this service and treatment. KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:55:05 PM

Do the modules at least come with mounting screws?  I don't want to be climbing into my car and driving 23 miles to Lowes for screws when it arrives.  They look like M3x.50x6 and M3x.50x20.
Screws, bar, ribbons, cables....all included...no "running to the store" necessary....two of the small pcb board mounting screws come from the arctic freezer box to hold the board to the unit, peel the sticker off the base of the cooler, blob the thermal paste onto the center of it.... gently set heatsink on top of chip, wiggle till thermal squeezes out, while centering the heatsink onto the chip mounting surface.. then you stick one spacer over each bar mounting hole, slide the bar in, and thread in the two longer bar-mounting screws, tighten gently while double-checking alignment....  once secure...that's it. plug in  the ribbon, fan, and power cord...fire it up.

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.

By the way, thinking today about Bitcoin getting thru the $400's.  Chinese who have been buying with gusto may have slacked off in the $400 range as the numeral 4 is bad mojo for them.  I would expect once it hits $500 it will take off at an even greater incline.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:00:27 PM

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.

AFAIK you do need the tower KNC is sending some of the mounting hardware.

I bought two -- so I hope so anyway...

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...

Phoenix, what made you decide to try this out in the first place?
I am a fuel technology researcher, specifically in the resonant electrolysis field (also consultant to a large Swedish gasification firm), and know through many many experiments, that by eliminating "Weak links" and resistance in general, ALWAYS improves efficiency, always. Our equipment relies heavily on electronic efficiency. So, with that in mind, looking at those long pci patch cords, had to try.

When my module gets here I want to be ready.  I've a second cheap power supply and today made cables much shorter than I made for the first.  I've been concerned about some oscillations that make it to the screen of an EVO N610 which has cgminer on a jalapeno.  Short leads.  So, I shut down the Merc and swapped leads then shortened the originals.  All set from a power supply and cabling point of view.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
kronut

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

I'm not too happy with the fact I got my A30 coolers in hand, before the add-on boards even ship.

Like was said before, they know they are in a business where every day counts, say they have them in stock, then now they are shipping on Monday of the next week (per KNC forums).

Not sure what their logistics problems are, but this does not bode well for the November release.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/off-topic/miners-cafe/15843-upgrade-modules?p=16322#post16322
xrash

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:08:12 PM

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you

For arguments sake let's say that's fine with a lot of us because we had similar problems but decided there were more important things to think about and talk about.

OK?

Now can you tone down the language please?

It's getting easier to ignore over the top hysterical comments.

If you want help -- keep it polite.

If you want to spew -- many of us are discovering the little Ignore tag on the left...

Pages: « 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.