Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:39:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
xrash

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:36:08 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window I paid for each jupiter as individual orders as Pay PAL would only allow it to be done that way do to the size of the order. So I ended up with 4 orders 304, 1704,1705, and 1706. Right away the distance in order numbers had me nervous so I sent an email to Sam Cole making sure all 4 orders would be grouped together and shipped out on day 1 under order 304. I was told yes and that he would fix the orders so that this happened. Fast forward to the shipping and i get order 304 on day 1 and the other 3 show up 2 weeks later.During the 2 weeks and when the first order was in transit, i was constantly getting the run around from KNC customer service told that orders are shipped based on when they were paid which for anyone that made an early pre oder knows this was not the case for us as we were given 7 days to pay to secure our spot in line.Finally after 10 days they admit that they messed up and moved my order up( they moved it up like 1 day as all other 17xx order were being shipped out at that time). Then I find out through the forums that others have received compensation for this kind of mix up. When I asked what was going to be done about the 17 BTC per unit that I lost out on, I was told nothing would be done. This does not seem right to me and I wanted to ask the community and KNC'S spokesman bitcoinorama if i'm justified in complaining about this service and treatment. KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:38:18 PM

Trolls usually troll for attention IMO and he's getting what he wants.  No one can put him right as then he'd have to stop posting and stop receiving attention.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

Do the modules at least come with mounting screws?  I don't want to be climbing into my car and driving 23 miles to Lowes for screws when it arrives.  They look like M3x.50x6 and M3x.50x20.
Screws, bar, ribbons, cables....all included...no "running to the store" necessary....two of the small pcb board mounting screws come from the arctic freezer box to hold the board to the unit, peel the sticker off the base of the cooler, blob the thermal paste onto the center of it.... gently set heatsink on top of chip, wiggle till thermal squeezes out, while centering the heatsink onto the chip mounting surface.. then you stick one spacer over each bar mounting hole, slide the bar in, and thread in the two longer bar-mounting screws, tighten gently while double-checking alignment....  once secure...that's it. plug in  the ribbon, fan, and power cord...fire it up.

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:52:27 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window I paid for each jupiter as individual orders as Pay PAL would only allow it to be done that way do to the size of the order. So I ended up with 4 orders 304, 1704,1705, and 1706. Right away the distance in order numbers had me nervous so I sent an email to Sam Cole making sure all 4 orders would be grouped together and shipped out on day 1 under order 304. I was told yes and that he would fix the orders so that this happened. Fast forward to the shipping and i get order 304 on day 1 and the other 3 show up 2 weeks later.During the 2 weeks and when the first order was in transit, i was constantly getting the run around from KNC customer service told that orders are shipped based on when they were paid which for anyone that made an early pre oder knows this was not the case for us as we were given 7 days to pay to secure our spot in line.Finally after 10 days they admit that they messed up and moved my order up( they moved it up like 1 day as all other 17xx order were being shipped out at that time). Then I find out through the forums that others have received compensation for this kind of mix up. When I asked what was going to be done about the 17 BTC per unit that I lost out on, I was told nothing would be done. This does not seem right to me and I wanted to ask the community and KNC'S spokesman bitcoinorama if i'm justified in complaining about this service and treatment. KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:55:05 PM

Do the modules at least come with mounting screws?  I don't want to be climbing into my car and driving 23 miles to Lowes for screws when it arrives.  They look like M3x.50x6 and M3x.50x20.
Screws, bar, ribbons, cables....all included...no "running to the store" necessary....two of the small pcb board mounting screws come from the arctic freezer box to hold the board to the unit, peel the sticker off the base of the cooler, blob the thermal paste onto the center of it.... gently set heatsink on top of chip, wiggle till thermal squeezes out, while centering the heatsink onto the chip mounting surface.. then you stick one spacer over each bar mounting hole, slide the bar in, and thread in the two longer bar-mounting screws, tighten gently while double-checking alignment....  once secure...that's it. plug in  the ribbon, fan, and power cord...fire it up.

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.

By the way, thinking today about Bitcoin getting thru the $400's.  Chinese who have been buying with gusto may have slacked off in the $400 range as the numeral 4 is bad mojo for them.  I would expect once it hits $500 it will take off at an even greater incline.
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:00:27 PM

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.

AFAIK you do need the tower KNC is sending some of the mounting hardware.

I bought two -- so I hope so anyway...

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...

Phoenix, what made you decide to try this out in the first place?
I am a fuel technology researcher, specifically in the resonant electrolysis field (also consultant to a large Swedish gasification firm), and know through many many experiments, that by eliminating "Weak links" and resistance in general, ALWAYS improves efficiency, always. Our equipment relies heavily on electronic efficiency. So, with that in mind, looking at those long pci patch cords, had to try.

When my module gets here I want to be ready.  I've a second cheap power supply and today made cables much shorter than I made for the first.  I've been concerned about some oscillations that make it to the screen of an EVO N610 which has cgminer on a jalapeno.  Short leads.  So, I shut down the Merc and swapped leads then shortened the originals.  All set from a power supply and cabling point of view.
kronut

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:03:05 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 10:17:01 PM by kronut

I'm not too happy with the fact I got my A30 coolers in hand, before the add-on boards even ship.

Like was said before, they know they are in a business where every day counts, say they have them in stock, then now they are shipping on Monday of the next week (per KNC forums).

Not sure what their logistics problems are, but this does not bode well for the November release.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/off-topic/miners-cafe/15843-upgrade-modules?p=16322#post16322
xrash

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:08:12 PM

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you

For arguments sake let's say that's fine with a lot of us because we had similar problems but decided there were more important things to think about and talk about.

OK?

Now can you tone down the language please?

It's getting easier to ignore over the top hysterical comments.

If you want help -- keep it polite.

If you want to spew -- many of us are discovering the little Ignore tag on the left...

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:16:04 PM

I see.  So, are you saying the cooling tower I just bought on Amazon isn't necessary or that those screws and the bar are included in the Arctic Freezer.  More clearly, is KnC shipping an Arctic Freezer tower and fan as well as the module?  And thanks.
NO, the arctic i30 you bought is necessary, and contains the two screws you need to fasten the board.. no other screws or spacers are used from the i30, the rest are supplied, as I stated.

BTW, How did you come to the conclusion that the cooling tower wasn't necessary from that post?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:24:20 PM

NO, the arctic i30 you bought is necessary, and contains the two screws you need to fasten the board.. no other screws or spacers are used from the i30, the rest are supplied, as I stated.

Okay, thanks again.  This:
ARCTIC Freezer i30 CO Extreme CPU Cooler - Intel, 320W Ultimate Cooling Power, for 24/7 Operation
Sold by Amazon.com LLC  $48.95 

has tracking which said Out for Delivery; checked my PO Box but not yet, tracking still says the same.  Not worried, it will be here well before the module.

The small 12v fans I have, under 2" diag., I'm thinking of putting on the module board, in front of the tower, fixed in place with RTV, one on each side facing the VRMs and cardboard inserts between the VRMs and the ASIC.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:25:17 PM

By the way, thinking today about Bitcoin getting thru the $400's.  Chinese who have been buying with gusto may have slacked off in the $400 range as the numeral 4 is bad mojo for them.  I would expect once it hits $500 it will take off at an even greater incline.

BTC in China is currently at ¥2656 Wink. They broke the 400 yuan barrier LONG ago Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:26:15 PM

roger that... Smiley  (Soy)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:29:04 PM

BTC in China is currently at ¥2656 Wink. They broke the 400 yuan barrier LONG ago Wink
400 yuan isnt even close to 400 USD(it's 65), and 2656 yuan is 435 USD, so they broke 400 around the same time, not looooong ago....  Just sayin'

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:31:54 PM

Guys, they said this week.

Now it's thursday. You don't have a friday in your calendar?

Wink

(I'm an optmisit....)

Edit: 3 days 'til the next diff. Maybe they doesn't want us to get this stuff until then.... It's good for how couldn't ordered. Not too much, but better than nothing.

I have always suspected some manipulation of the difficulty rise by the chip manuf/distr. such as Asicminer and others.....think back of a pic. w/ sam, yifu and others.....with "GOOD" intentions. Seems as though just before difficutly change, the hashing rise goes flat then as soon as change takes place bam hashing rate goes through the roof....I don't know diddly (excpet for bo)....so I could be just plain nuts in my obsv.
xrash

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:34:14 PM

For arguments sake let's say that's fine with a lot of us because we had similar problems but decided there were more important things to think about and talk about.

OK?

Now can you tone down the language please?

It's getting easier to ignore over the top hysterical comments.

If you want help -- keep it polite.

If you want to spew -- many of us are discovering the little Ignore tag on the left...

I have been on here for sometime but chose never to comment as somehow i would be considered a troll or bad mouthing a company. The first real post I put on here and i get deemed as whining. I'm sorry but i have been dealing with this for almost 2 months now with no help and you ask any real person and a loss of 51 BTC is not minor. Every other company have offered some sort of compensation except KNC.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:36:11 PM

400 yuan isnt even close to 400 USD, and 2656 yuan is 435 USD, so they broke 400 around the same time, not looooong ago....  Just sayin'

I said 400 yuan barrier, not 400 USD barrier Tongue. Pretty sure they don't use USD in the Chinese exchanges...
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:38:10 PM

An instructional video would be nice......(hint hint anyone)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:38:18 PM

400 yuan isnt even close to 400 USD, and 2656 yuan is 435 USD, so they broke 400 around the same time, not looooong ago....  Just sayin'

I said 400 yuan barrier, not 400 USD barrier Tongue. Pretty sure they don't use USD in the Chinese exchanges...

typical american thinking....lol
Pages: « 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: