Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

By the way, thinking today about Bitcoin getting thru the $400's.  Chinese who have been buying with gusto may have slacked off in the $400 range as the numeral 4 is bad mojo for them.  I would expect once it hits $500 it will take off at an even greater incline.

BTC in China is currently at ¥2656 Wink. They broke the 400 yuan barrier LONG ago Wink
400 yuan isnt even close to 400 USD(it's 65), and 2656 yuan is 435 USD, so they broke 400 around the same time, not looooong ago....  Just sayin'

Why would the Chinese be superstitious about the price of Bitcoins in Dollars or Euros or Rubbles?
The relevant price is ~2600 Yuan which has nothing to do with "4".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:40:42 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...
I did that a while ago.....mmmmeehhh
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:40:55 PM

Wonder if that is same guy
From KnC forums talking about class actions yet he called today and talked to Liam to confirm delivery on modules for Monday....

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:45:05 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window I paid for each jupiter as individual orders as Pay PAL would only allow it to be done that way do to the size of the order. So I ended up with 4 orders 304, 1704,1705, and 1706. Right away the distance in order numbers had me nervous so I sent an email to Sam Cole making sure all 4 orders would be grouped together and shipped out on day 1 under order 304. I was told yes and that he would fix the orders so that this happened. Fast forward to the shipping and i get order 304 on day 1 and the other 3 show up 2 weeks later.During the 2 weeks and when the first order was in transit, i was constantly getting the run around from KNC customer service told that orders are shipped based on when they were paid which for anyone that made an early pre oder knows this was not the case for us as we were given 7 days to pay to secure our spot in line.Finally after 10 days they admit that they messed up and moved my order up( they moved it up like 1 day as all other 17xx order were being shipped out at that time). Then I find out through the forums that others have received compensation for this kind of mix up. When I asked what was going to be done about the 17 BTC per unit that I lost out on, I was told nothing would be done. This does not seem right to me and I wanted to ask the community and KNC'S spokesman bitcoinorama if i'm justified in complaining about this service and treatment. KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you

For arguments sake let's say that's fine with a lot of us because we had similar problems but decided there were more important things to think about and talk about.

OK?

Now can you tone down the language please?

It's getting easier to ignore over the top hysterical comments.

If you want help -- keep it polite.

If you want to spew -- many of us are discovering the little Ignore tag on the left...

I have been on here for sometime but chose never to comment as somehow i would be considered a troll or bad mouthing a company. The first real post I put on here and i get deemed as whining. I'm sorry but i have been dealing with this for almost 2 months now with no help and you ask any real person and a loss of 51 BTC is not minor. Every other company have offered some sort of compensation except KNC.
only hosted week one preorders got compensated, and many others (including me) had the same things happen to preorders...  you are not alone..  but...  how can you complain (I sure can't) when the machines are making ROI so quickly?
Allocating BTC"Lost" in this matter is irrelevant, and considering the MULTITUDE of risks in this business... you did well...  It's not a perfect world, and they (KNC) are the best yet.  Imagine if you spent the same with another vendor! You would still be worrying about delivery!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...
Cool sbfree....    did you notice any results as well?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:49:43 PM

To all KNC Miners,

Are we all idiots?Huh

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/14/firm_makes_3million_during_bitcoin_gold_rush/

This article clearly states they sold about 5,000 miners for a global sales of USD 29 millions. If true, KNC clearly did not help us with their almost unlimited supply of miners to reach a positive ROI in BTC.

I invite everyone to think a little bit about it and collectively realized that we have been much more lucky than smart. Yes the exchange rates have been extremely beneficial but don't be blind by your USD/GBP/EUR/JPY/RMB/CHF returns, KNC made an absolute killing with our preorders.

They were smart, us we were just lucky!!!!

PS I am sad about that conclusion because today is the day I just reached 71 BTC after 38 days of mining. How long before my second Jupiters will pay for itself???

PS Bis Bitcoinorama any comment is VERY VERY much welcome....
sbfree

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:49:59 PM

By the way, thinking today about Bitcoin getting thru the $400's.  Chinese who have been buying with gusto may have slacked off in the $400 range as the numeral 4 is bad mojo for them.  I would expect once it hits $500 it will take off at an even greater incline.

BTC in China is currently at ¥2656 Wink. They broke the 400 yuan barrier LONG ago Wink
400 yuan isnt even close to 400 USD(it's 65), and 2656 yuan is 435 USD, so they broke 400 around the same time, not looooong ago....  Just sayin'
I have heard that 796.com is more popular in China, and maybe a higher price.....The Chinese Behemoth is waking up.....I told my fam. and friends 2 weeks ago that Bitcoin would hit $500 in 3-6 months.....guess it will be much sooner than that. I am now predicting $1500-2000$USD per BTC by end of year.....hang on for the rocket ride!!! to infinity and beyond!
sbfree

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:51:10 PM

Tech note**
Cool sbfree....    did you notice any results as well?
not really phoenix, but then again I think firmware was more of an issue at the time....so improvement was not noticed.
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:53:27 PM

I purchased 4 Jupiters during the preorder phase when they were not accepting  payment yet. When they did open the 7 day payment window

KNC has made millions on our pre orders and yet cant correct mistake that cost a customer over 51 BTC

Are you serious? This thread is full of a bunch of whiney bitches. Instead of focusing on what you don't have and how Knc screwed you over, why don't you focus on that fact that KNC managed to ship you over 2 TH of mining power in October and BTC is now worth over $400 per coin!

Almost all BFL, Avalon, Terrahash, AsicMiner, Cointerra, and Hashfast customers would be ecstatic with that outcome!

Are you kidding me?? really I should just take it up the *** that they built the company off our pre orders and when they admit to messing up do nothing about it??  you should never get into business or even better i have a nice piece of land i want to sell you

For arguments sake let's say that's fine with a lot of us because we had similar problems but decided there were more important things to think about and talk about.

OK?

Now can you tone down the language please?

It's getting easier to ignore over the top hysterical comments.

If you want help -- keep it polite.

If you want to spew -- many of us are discovering the little Ignore tag on the left...

I have been on here for sometime but chose never to comment as somehow i would be considered a troll or bad mouthing a company. The first real post I put on here and i get deemed as whining. I'm sorry but i have been dealing with this for almost 2 months now with no help and you ask any real person and a loss of 51 BTC is not minor. Every other company have offered some sort of compensation except KNC.

OK:

What help would you like. I'm willing to help if I can...

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:02:08 PM

To all KNC Miners,

Are we all idiots?Huh

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/14/firm_makes_3million_during_bitcoin_gold_rush/

This article clearly states they sold about 5,000 miners for a global sales of USD 29 millions. If true, KNC clearly did not help us with their almost unlimited supply of miners to reach a positive ROI in BTC.

PS I am sad about that conclusion because today is the day I just reached 71 BTC after 38 days of mining. How long before my second Jupiters will pay for itself???

A couple of questions....

What was the "right" number of miners for them to sell...

Assuming it's something like "two" -- one for me -- and one for my buddy... Would you have put up the $5-$10M (say for arguments sake) to develop the ASICS for your personal use?

Any thoughts?

As a side note: -- could you send me 10-20 Bitcoin if I send you my wallet address?

Edit: Question three -- what conclusion are you sad about? I can't determine what conclusions are in the article -- if any.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:06:52 PM

While I may agree with what you say the "trolling" and "lying" words just set people off for a lot of pointless posts.

He spent his money -- he has some legitimate points -- maybe just respond without the antagonism and people will exchange more useful information.

Thank you for reading this and thinking about it.

I choose my words carefully. I believe that Avenger is a liar who in fact did not spend his money on anything KNC related.
I paid KNC many thousands of dollars and I am unsatisfied with what I got for my money. Faulty goods, lousy service, lots of lies.

I can't be bothered with people like you canth, you now seem fully wedged up knc's arse and can't take on board anything.

Whatever dude.  I spend thousands of dollars on KnC hardware and I got it 15 days earlier then I expected too. It's not perfect, there are a couple of issues (fans came off, buggy firmware releases, etc) but it's definitely paid for itself.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:08:47 PM

Okay.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:09:59 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:32:29 PM by Phoenix1969

To all KNC Miners,

Are we all idiots?Huh

I invite everyone to think a little bit about it and collectively realized that we have been much more lucky than smart. Yes the exchange rates have been extremely beneficial but don't be blind by your USD/GBP/EUR/JPY/RMB/CHF returns, KNC made an absolute killing with our preorders.

PS Bis Bitcoinorama any comment is VERY VERY much welcome....
Did you really think KNC was a Non-Profit organization?   Wink
Right, blind luck is why I cancelled all the BFL orders, and went with KNC, right....
I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY KNC made millions from our preorders, because I have a vested interest into seeing them succeed!  
So regarding your first question; no, but some of us are!   Tongue  meant jokingly...

If there's any question the November orders you placed will make ROI, there are a thousand folks here wanting your orders.... seriously....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:10:44 PM

Okay.  I was figuring it slow from them whilst between $399 and $500 but I suppose the dollar value has no influence on their calculations. (ROFL)
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:29:13 PM

Okay.  I was figuring it slow from them whilst between $399 and $500 but I suppose the dollar value has no influence on their calculations. (ROFL)
Darn, my merc just went down.  troubleshooting..........
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

Darn, my merc just went down.  troubleshooting..........

25 seconds to the white light.........
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:39:45 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:55:48 PM by soy

Darn, my merc just went down.  troubleshooting..........

I had done work earlier today changing/shortening cables.  I had forgotten I needed both a free 12v lead and a ground to intregrate the 12v supply and the BBB/controller board supply and only provided the ground.  So, I ran a single 12v line up to the connector.  Must have been noisy.  My hashrate had dropped to 36GH/s so I had gone into putty and quit cgminer and commanded reboot.  After putty closed I killed power, waited a few seconds and restarted.  White light wouldn't come on tho the RJ45 light was flashing.  Shut it down and swapped the module ribbon cable to another port on the controller board and restarted, still no white light, no red/green.  Disconnected the 12v to the module, shut down and restarted just looking for the white light.  It worked.  Now back up at:  KnC 0: | 153.0G/144.6Gh/s | A:11646 R:129 HW:176 WU:1971.7/m.

While it was off I skinned back the insulation on one of the yellow 12v leads to the module plug and spliced in a yellow wire and insulated.  Then did away with the long single wire to the 12v supply.  Must have been a noisy loop.  That or bad luck a.bout 3+1.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:41:49 PM

BTW..  Upon further investigation, I found this inside the CB700 PSU...

Blew my mind.....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:48:36 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 12:09:24 AM by Phoenix1969

BTW..  Upon further investigation, I found this inside the CB700 PSU...

Blew my mind.....

What is it?

Notice the plastic shield blocking nearly 1/2 the airflow?
This 700w psu should have been fine on a saturn, but overheated catastrophically in less than 5 minutes...  no fault of the Saturn, they run great on the cx600's...   at one point, I had two hashing boards patched into my desktop's psu(while running), a tx750. I even messed up once(which I rarely admit to) Grin, and plugged a hashing board onto a live pci power lead, from the desktop....a few sparks flew...  but everything still works fine... they are actually pretty durable high-quality electronics on these boards. Forgiving, yes, but I'd never recommend doing that...just to be clear!

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:56:59 PM

Darn, my merc just went down.  troubleshooting..........

I had done work earlier today changing/shortening cables.  I had forgotten I needed both a free 12v lead and a ground to intregrate the 12v supply and the BBB/controller board supply and only provided the ground.  So, I ran a single 12v line up to the connector.  Must have been noisy.  My hashrate had dropped to 36GH/s so I had gone into putty and quit cgminer and commanded reboot.  After putty closed I killed power, waited a few seconds and restarted.  White light wouldn't come on tho the RJ45 light was flashing.  Shut it down and swapped the module ribbon cable to another port on the controller board and restarted, still no white light, no red/green.  Disconnected the 12v to the module, shut down and restarted just looking for the white light.  It worked.  Now back up at:  KnC 0: | 153.0G/144.6Gh/s | A:11646 R:129 HW:176 WU:1971.7/m.

While it was off I skinned back the insulation on one of the yellow 12v leads to the module plug and spliced in a yellow wire and insulated.  Then did away with the long single wire to the 12v supply.  Must have been a noisy loop.  That or bad luck a.bout 3+1.

Might be something to this luck thing.  Lifted the top off my rice maker and the plastic handle broke off.  Will JD Weld it back latter.
Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: