Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:31:25 AM

Anyone have any clue when they will ship the modules? I thought they said they would ramp up more people and get them out? I hope they aren't blowing smoke again. BTC up to $400, would love to have those modules I spent a small fortune on.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:31:32 AM

Does anyone with a miner have a caliper to measure the thickness of the case.
Is it aluminium?
I need to make a home for my Upgrade modules and one of the options is to build a replica of the original case.
Do you think that is doable?

Or if you can recommend anything else?
Perhaps a specific computer case?
I'd just use the cover as another base....but that's just me....   Tongue

And then my original Jupiter and the new home lose their lids. I want them covered Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:34:49 AM

Is it aluminium?
I need to make a home for my Upgrade modules and one of the options is to build a replica of the original case.

I'd just use the cover as another base....but that's just me....   Tongue

And then my original Jupiter and the new home lose their lids. I want them covered Wink
Hmm, OK, leave the lid on...mount the boards on top...cover them with XXX

I actually remove the covers, and stack them like a tower, leaves access to all, and uses little space...  that only leaves the sides to cover actually... (and very top of unit stack)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:51:36 AM

Is it aluminium?

I'd just use the cover as another base....but that's just me....   Tongue

Hmm, OK, leave the lid on...mount the boards on top...cover them with XXX

I actually remove the covers, and stack them like a tower, leaves access to all, and uses little space...  that only leaves the sides to cover actually... (and very top of unit stack)

I want them stock, so would like to build a separate case for the new ones or maybe put them in a computer case that doesn't have many internal features - just a plain case with only space inside.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:18:40 AM

Today is party day for me...
The whole BTC endeavor has surpassed itself investment wise.
I lost plane ticket money, office lease deposits, internet service installations, not to mention all the tables, cords, and power supplies I shipped to Washington, directly from amazon, just to get the miners into a 2.4 cent electrical situation...
The "Powers that be" saw to it there was a glitch in the address change online, and my machines were subsequently shipped here to hawaii Instead of Chelan, which meant an emergency PSU re-order for home...but  Chelan would have been a total disaster in hindsight, with all the things unforeseen that needed worked out. Thank the stars. I'm VERY Happy they are here at home, even with .43 electric. In approx. 27 days, so far, I've earned about 33.5 BTC total. By today's price, that covers Every cent spent, and more... but wait!... I was able to re-invest the BTC, and now will ultimately end up with over TRIPLE my current hashpower by...(Nov.?th)...  certainly out-pacing the diffchanges by a significant margin. All thanks to KNC & The ASIC Godz!
**Just had to get that out.... AAAaaaah.  
This is exciting.
man stop with ... the in your face...
not all of us are so lucky
it is getting annoying

Let him enjoy his moment. Tomorrow BTC could crash to $1 and then we all will suffer until the end of time  Tongue
I agree.  Enjoy the moment, the period, the spell.  I go jogging with my dog and today I was just chuckling at thoughts of my upgrade module, the Winklevoss prediction, my future millionaire status....
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:43:33 AM

after weeks of board 3 (slot 4) being my hottest at around 74.5 it now has an issue with Output Current of 0.438 A
since today, board 2 (slot 3) is now hotter as it was during previous fw, however i have not had any hardware concerns until now.

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses?

After hours upon hours of rebooting, resetting, reflashing, re-enabling & reading (& waiting) i have a 40Gh loss in actual performance - shall i just reflash it and wait 3-4 more hours...?

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses upon headaches upon time wasted?

Hi Edgar,

I have exactly the same problem. Was 565GH/s at the pool - now 515GH/s at the pool. One board with 0.4XX A according to Bertmod.

As far as I am aware the only 'fix' is to try heating the board in question up to a higher temperature and *hoping* it comes back online. I haven't tried it as I am also hoping for some kind of firmware fix in the future.
Paladin69

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:48:45 AM

I lost plane ticket money, office lease deposits, internet service installations, not to mention all the tables, cords, and power supplies I shipped to Washington, directly from amazon, just to get the miners into a 2.4 cent electrical situation...
The "Powers that be" saw to it there was a glitch in the address change online, and my machines were subsequently shipped here to hawaii Instead of Chelan, which meant an emergency PSU re-order for home...but  Chelan would have been a total disaster in hindsight, with all the things unforeseen that needed worked out. Thank the stars. I'm VERY Happy they are here at home, even with .43 electric. In approx. 27 days, so far, I've earned about 33.5 BTC total. By today's price, that covers Every cent spent, and more... but wait!... I was able to re-invest the BTC, and now will ultimately end up with over TRIPLE my current hashpower by...(Nov.?th)...  certainly out-pacing the diffchanges by a significant margin. All thanks to KNC & The ASIC Godz!
This is exciting.

You might be at a loss on this.

That 33.5 BTC is now 4x harder to mine.  5x-6x harder once your stuff arrives probably.  You can't break even unless your hashpower has increased to an order of that magnitude.  I don't think triple is enough.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:31:19 AM

This is exciting.

That 33.5 BTC is now 4x harder to mine.  5x-6x harder once your stuff arrives probably.  You can't break even unless your hashpower has increased to an order of that magnitude.  I don't think triple is enough.
I respectfully disagree... here's why....
For all intense purposes, I started on October 15th, at which time, October 16th, the diff changed to 267M, and is now 510M....  In other words, the diff has yet to double since I started mining.  (29 days?) So, not quite 2x...  don't know how you got to 4x...?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:46:43 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 03:43:55 AM by soy

after weeks of board 3 (slot 4) being my hottest at around 74.5 it now has an issue with Output Current of 0.438 A
since today, board 2 (slot 3) is now hotter as it was during previous fw, however i have not had any hardware concerns until now.

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses?

After hours upon hours of rebooting, resetting, reflashing, re-enabling & reading (& waiting) i have a 40Gh loss in actual performance - shall i just reflash it and wait 3-4 more hours...?

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses upon headaches upon time wasted?

Hi Edgar,

I have exactly the same problem. Was 565GH/s at the pool - now 515GH/s at the pool. One board with 0.4XX A according to Bertmod.

As far as I am aware the only 'fix' is to try heating the board in question up to a higher temperature and *hoping* it comes back online. I haven't tried it as I am also hoping for some kind of firmware fix in the future.

So, when the hot VRM drops to 400 milliamps, and you close cgminer in putty, then upgrade to an early firmware like 0.90, then run enablecores.bin, then finally shut down the system, restart after a little cool down, it wakes up, you apply bertmod, you look at the cores, and the one core, even after a cool down and an enablecores.bin before shutdown, never again runs more current than 400milliamps? (edit - wasn't thinking clearly there.)

If the VRM isn't damaged then running enablecores.bin on firmware 0.90 should reenable it. (enablecores enables cores not the vrm, again I wasn't thinking clearly)  If it doesn't I'd guess it's damaged.  And I'd guess the damage was the result of the VRM having the cliipon heatsink epoxied high and not cooling the VRM properly.

Enablecores isn't going to wake up a bad VRM.  Cooling might.  If it starts then stops providing current then maybe pressing on the VRM snapon heatsink will help but if it never puts out reasonable current again, maybe it got so hot as to melt solder and create an open.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:23:53 AM

Everything in KNC world is rainbows and unicorn!

Meanwhile, over in HashFast land, the crybabies are bitching about a picture of the CEO holding a big package of their recently delivered chips.  The chips were delivered and they're still crying!  What the hell is wrong with this world?

I'm very happy that I went with KNC and Bitfury.  But I wish now that I'd have invested in HF too.  Sad

that Ponies pic from Crumbs was hilarious

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:25:31 AM

any news on a third knc batch coming? i know they said they would take a break if other hardware manufacturers didnt introduce more hashing power, but thats clearly whats going to happen....soooo, maybe a december batch?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:28:45 AM

So, that extra module that I've ordered. Can I run it with anything else but the main control boards?
Let's say rPi?

Please advice.

It's a BeagleBone Black (Circuito, Newark or Farnell) inside the KNC as far as I can tell. Similar to the RaspeBerry Pi -- but that's all.

which is mounted to the actual controller board..  
I don't see how you'd connect the data ribbon to a BBB without one.

What a great morning...Gox @ 427.....coinbase @ 390... nice!

Suggestion for KNC's GEN2... Native WiFi   Wink Wink Wink
a small pci slot on the controller board...and a 5 dollar 10/100 wifi card...

well at $440 for mtgox.com  now and $410 at bitstamp.net ...I've made my 18.50648851 BTC for the last 26 days and at $440 mtgox.com price that is $8,142.85 USD and at the bitstamp the even number of $410 it is $7587.66 USD...well...I guess I've nailed ROI in that I paid with shipping $7131.80 USD for my Jupiter to USA....and with the overhead on either exchange that includes my electric  costs well above for the last 26 days easy

kinda stunned....I intend to hoard and not sell so it is probably moot and of course it will probably go down this is probably a bubble ..but going on the theory that in a speculative market like this it will always go to the previous high (eventually or all of BTC will probably go bust)....at least in my feeble mind I can say I hit ROI

understandably I'm somewhat confused. I'd always heard about someone's ship coming in never thought I'd be at the dock!!!!

anyway ...like the Chinese push on going long on bitcoin don't ya know!!!! Keep driving the price up!!!

anyway 26 days ROI I can live with that

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:37:14 AM

any news on a third knc batch coming? i know they said they would take a break if other hardware manufacturers didnt introduce more hashing power, but thats clearly whats going to happen....soooo, maybe a december batch?

can you at least wait until HF has a working prototype before saying they are a 'Producer' in your sig?   Tongue

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:39:33 AM

yeah I asked about this as well I find it hard to believe they won't ship another set of jupiters and saturns at reduced prices in dec/jan if they went to the trouble to re-do all the boards etc? I mean could they really just "mine" as they stated from nov till march 2014 and just use it for development ...man ...would be nice to jump the pack to 8th stuff in march with that kinda time don't ya know

but myself I still suspect we will see 1000 Jupiter units someday

(I'm unclear on where I want them to go on this actually.....)

anyway my 2c worth
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:39:50 AM

can you at least wait until HF has a working prototype before saying they are a 'Producer' in your sig?   Tongue

haha, its for the contest. could win a baby jet (if they actually ever get released)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:43:29 AM

So, that extra module that I've ordered. Can I run it with anything else but the main control boards?
Let's say rPi?

Please advice.

It's a BeagleBone Black (Circuito, Newark or Farnell) inside the KNC as far as I can tell. Similar to the RaspeBerry Pi -- but that's all.

which is mounted to the actual controller board..  
I don't see how you'd connect the data ribbon to a BBB without one.

What a great morning...Gox @ 427.....coinbase @ 390... nice!

Suggestion for KNC's GEN2... Native WiFi   Wink Wink Wink
a small pci slot on the controller board...and a 5 dollar 10/100 wifi card...

well at $440 for mtgox.com  now and $410 at bitstamp.net ...I've made my 18.50648851 BTC for the last 26 days and at $440 mtgox.com price that is $8,142.85 USD and at the bitstamp the even number of $410 it is $7587.66 USD...well...I guess I've nailed ROI in that I paid with shipping $7131.80 USD for my Jupiter to USA....and with the overhead on either exchange that includes my electric  costs well above for the last 26 days easy

kinda stunned....I intend to hoard and not sell so it is probably moot and of course it will probably go down this is probably a bubble ..but going on the theory that in a speculative market like this it will always go to the previous high (eventually or all of BTC will probably go bust)....at least in my feeble mind I can say I hit ROI

understandably I'm somewhat confused. I'd always heard about someone's ship coming in never thought I'd be at the dock!!!!

anyway ...like the Chinese push on going long on bitcoin don't ya know!!!! Keep driving the price up!!!

anyway 26 days ROI I can live with that

Searing

Queue the miners from 3 years ago to tell you that you did not ROI and you should have bought BTC instead...

true...but then again from what I can tell newbies like I was always buy miners...if they are lucky to get ROI on a miner then maybe they invest in BTC direct ..but from the folks I've seen it is get a miner first to get your toe in the water then you speculate....also something about spending $$$ on hardware as a newbie vs charging off and pop'ing the same amount of dough in the market..must be human nature..but I agree with your point..of course also I don't think anyone expected this kinda diff increase from now till march (esp BFL 600gh card for Feb delivery)....anyway my 2c worth ...with BTC rise my Jupiter made ROI ... so being dumb and lucky also works I guess

my 2c worth (not that it is worth that)
Searing

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:45:20 AM

Hi Edgar,

So, when the hot VRM drops to 400 milliamps, and you close cgminer in putty, then upgrade to an early firmware like 0.90, then run enablecores.bin, then finally shut down the system, restart after a little cool down, it wakes up, you apply bertmod, you look at the cores, and the one core, even after a cool down and an enablecores.bin before shutdown, never again runs more current than 400milliamps? (edit - wasn't thinking clearly there.)

If the VRM isn't damaged then running enablecores.bin on firmware 0.90 should reenable it. (enablecores enables cores not the vrm, again I wasn't thinking clearly)  If it doesn't I'd guess it's damaged.  And I'd guess the damage was the result of the VRM having the cliipon heatsink epoxied high and not cooling the VRM properly.

Enablecores isn't going to wake up a bad VRM.  Cooling might.  If it starts then stops providing current then maybe pressing on the VRM snapon heatsink will help but if it never puts out reasonable current again, maybe it got so hot as to melt solder and create an open.

Wasn't thinking clearly earlier.  Was back from a 7+ mile jog and tired.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:51:13 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 04:36:37 AM by Bogart

maybe it got so hot as to melt solder and create an open.

That's would be what I would look for.

Use a flashlight and a magnifier and check the big power-carrying solder joints for hairline "cracks".  You can try push/pulling on the VRM too and looking for movement of the pin in the solder pool.

I used to see this all the time in old TVs and monitors and such.

If that's the problem, reflowing the joint with an iron should fix it.  Add a bit of fresh solder in the process to make it shiny again.

In the future avoid getting it so hot.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Paladin69

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:05:31 AM

This is exciting.

That 33.5 BTC is now 4x harder to mine.  5x-6x harder once your stuff arrives probably.  You can't break even unless your hashpower has increased to an order of that magnitude.  I don't think triple is enough.
I respectfully disagree... here's why....
For all intense purposes, I started on October 15th, at which time, October 16th, the diff changed to 267M, and is now 510M....  In other words, the diff has yet to double since I started mining.  (29 days?) So, not quite 2x...  don't know how you got to 4x...?

Then you'll do okay then...I think.  But you're competing with everyone else who will launch, probably 2-3PH more.

I came up with 4x because as a day 2 order I think I started around 150m or so...
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:09:03 AM

Is it aluminium?

If you're still curious, the case is aluminum and approx 1/10th inch thick (2.6mm?). Pretty beefy.
Pages: « 1 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: