Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:14:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:33:41 AM

Off topic, I know... but you will appreciate this if you missed it....
http://youtu.be/1oGuKEazS5o

I think we'll see bumps in the road and lower than expected values for longer periods of time before something like that comes to fruition.  This current run up has very little volume under it.  And the service sector to use BTC as a payment processor has a lot of regulatory hurdles in the way yet.  Critical mass can't be achieved unless point-of-sale is above 50% at merchants.  We have a long way to go.

People must be careful not to invest more than they can afford to lose.  You might buy into an exchange too high or mine too few for spending too much and you could find yourself in a situation where you need the money and it isn't there when you need it before the spot price is in the doldrums again.  The buy and hold libertarians will be shown as quickly outnumbered the more this grows.

Look what happened last Saturday...we had a tiny correction and everyone shit their pants on the speculation board.

People are getting too comfortable right now.  That is when people lose their shorts.  The lower volume than April shows a few actors are trying to build up hype before profit taking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:34:41 AM

Serious, if KNC was passionate about the products they make and really cared for them, they would have never shipped them with thin paperboard and no internal packing. This kind of proves they care less about their product and are soley in it for financial reward. I would rather invest my money with a company that cares about their own products.

And with UPS. You can pack whatever you want into a box. Guys, do you realize how small and light these boxes are going to be? A computer board that weighs the same as a pack of bubble bum and the size of playing cards. A couple cables. All less then 16OZ in a tiny little box. It will be like getting an Intel Processor box. That small. Trust me, UPS said no such thing about having one in each box. This is the last time I'll be investing with this company. They move to slow, have a horrible presence in the community (if any at all) and once they have your money start to treat  you a little different. They'll eventually ruin everything for themselves. People don't forget. I'll never forget  I had to pay $205 to ship 16ounzes to the Eastern US with a weeks delay first. That sticks in me like a hot knife.

It sounds like you are really disapointed in KNC and want to wash your hands of them...

It also sounds like you have a Saturn unit and are disappointed with the performance.

So consider the following:

Would you take $2000 for the Saturn.
...and lets say $1000 for the upgrades

If I can raise the cash quickly enough for you I think I would even pay shipping or pick it up. You're probably within driving distance so I could even come and pick the unit up if we can come to an agreement.

Now maybe somebody will make a better offer -- but it sounds to me like you're really not happy -- so the unit must be under performing -- so I think it's a reasonable place to start.

Would you accept the above if I can raise the funds to make a firm offer?

Just asking.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:40:34 AM

Serious, if KNC was passionate about the products they make and really cared for them, they would have never shipped them with thin paperboard and no internal packing. This kind of proves they care less about their product and are soley in it for financial reward. I would rather invest my money with a company that cares about their own products.

And with UPS. You can pack whatever you want into a box. Guys, do you realize how small and light these boxes are going to be? A computer board that weighs the same as a pack of bubble bum and the size of playing cards. A couple cables. All less then 16OZ in a tiny little box. It will be like getting an Intel Processor box. That small. Trust me, UPS said no such thing about having one in each box. This is the last time I'll be investing with this company. They move to slow, have a horrible presence in the community (if any at all) and once they have your money start to treat  you a little different. They'll eventually ruin everything for themselves. People don't forget. I'll never forget  I had to pay $205 to ship 16ounzes to the Eastern US with a weeks delay first. That sticks in me like a hot knife.

Wow, you really feel that way?
Seems pretty trivial to me, and other than Arctic I30's snap-on fan design(no fault of KNC's really)  The inits held up astoundingly well, even one that was totally destroyed by DHL, and filled with water ended up working. It was also posted in here that the boards are all pre-packaged individually, and when checked with UPS rates in sweden, was right on price...you must have missed it....

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:53:02 AM

I got briefly excited when the fans arrived.

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:05:57 AM

Does anyone else have some variance in their Jupiter hash rate at the pool?

My Jupiter varies between 520 to 550 GH/s mostly, and occasionally dips under 500 (it also occasionally goes up to 570+).  I've found that a reboot every couple of days seems to keep it normal... as the hash rate can dwindle down after a few days.

Does anyone have any helpful tips for hash rate stability?  Case on / case off - does it make any difference?

Share your hash rate graphs if you don't mind - I'd like to compare notes.

I'm running firmware 0.98.1, graph below is with the case off.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:15:56 AM

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
The I30 is for Intel CPUs only. The A30 is for AMD CPUs only. I'm not sure how that affects using it in a miner.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:29:43 AM

I'm saying screw it and going low profile on the heatsinks

http://www.microcenter.com/product/392380/CPU_Heatsink_with_Fan

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:40:07 AM

How do you intend on attaching that to the board?  Duct tape?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:44:28 AM

ROFL good one  Cheesy

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:57:33 AM

I vote tape... I want to see how this goes.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:00:09 AM

For your reference.

They Shipped me my three replacement modules in 1 Box, was well packaged in Static bags and Bubble wrap.

Seen lots of Pictures of the Heat Sinks and Fans, but no mention of Thermal paste, hope you all have that on your shopping lists.

Peace

Grin
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:05:05 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1596176/2013-11-15%2000.41.26.jpg

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.

wow so you did buy six modules, you'll never end to surprise me Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:35:20 AM

And with UPS. You can pack whatever you want into a box. Guys, do you realize how small and light these boxes are going to be? A computer board that weighs the same as a pack of bubble bum and the size of playing cards. A couple cables. All less then 16OZ in a tiny little box. It will be like getting an Intel Processor box. That small. Trust me, UPS said no such thing about having one in each box. This is the last time I'll be investing with this company. They move to slow, have a horrible presence in the community (if any at all) and once they have your money start to treat  you a little different. They'll eventually ruin everything for themselves. People don't forget. I'll never forget  I had to pay $205 to ship 16ounzes to the Eastern US with a weeks delay first. That sticks in me like a hot knife.

Wow, you really feel that way?
Seems pretty trivial to me, and other than Arctic I30's snap-on fan design(no fault of KNC's really)  The inits held up astoundingly well, even one that was totally destroyed by DHL, and filled with water ended up working. It was also posted in here that the boards are all pre-packaged individually, and when checked with UPS rates in sweden, was right on price...you must have missed it....

this was my unit  http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

and the truth is I kinda think that is why my unit works so well...it was hand carried from Sweden it was sopping wet from rainwater..no way you could keep the box together w/o 2 hands.....so pretty much was hand carried imho from Sweden.....the boxes are so flimsy the others that have problems and rattled RMA units imho we're tossed about like Frisbees ...it is not like anything on the box said electronics and fragile so in hindsight I guess getting my unit full of rain water and literally being held together to the chest of the DHL guy to get it to my house from the truck...means it probably had a lot less 'trauma" from the trip...only thing that makes sense on why it works so well

I'm gonna be interested in how this next batch is shipped...if they continue to have no clue on shipping and I get a future unit say in march 2014 (sorry too nuts out there in asic miner world gonna wait)... a 'vacation' to Sweden may be in order if for no other reason then to happily drink and pick it up vs get it damaged and drink with regret on arrival via DHL or UPS or whoever...will all depend on how they hopefully have improved shipping.

but imho using 2 hands to deliver a sopping wet  Jupiter with both ends half ass hangint out the ends for DHL delivery is probably the best way to go in hindsight!! Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:34:27 AM

Where are mah modules!!1

Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:00:59 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66

Today is the 15TH of November and we were due to start shipping, There is some bad news and some good news, The Bad news is the delivery of parts which we needed to begin today has been delayed by about 5-10 days
We found this out two days ago and have been working with the suppliers to get it as fast as possible but it’s not been possible I’m afraid,

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
For the November shipments we are using UPS only and have increased the strength of the boxes to reduce the shipping issues.
We appreciate that any delay in shipment is not good news at all and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to decrease the delay.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM

Turbo mode! Just a bout a week of "delay". Not too bad at all. Given that they said one month after first batch, and some people got it towards the end of the month, so they still have a couple of weeks to be on schedule.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

I guess we'll see a few more Monarch preorders appear in the Auctions thread now ...
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:10:05 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66

Today is the 15TH of November and we were due to start shipping, There is some bad news and some good news, The Bad news is the delivery of parts which we needed to begin today has been delayed by about 5-10 days
We found this out two days ago and have been working with the suppliers to get it as fast as possible but it’s not been possible I’m afraid,

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
For the November shipments we are using UPS only and have increased the strength of the boxes to reduce the shipping issues.
We appreciate that any delay in shipment is not good news at all and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to decrease the delay.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama : Can you please let us know the PSU requirements for this new specification ?  Do we need >850W  Huh
gravito

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:31:24 AM

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama: Does this delay also apply to the upgrade modules? Will the shipping of the upgrade modules begin with, before or after shipping of regular november orders?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:32:37 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 11:45:07 AM by Bitcoinorama

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy. hypocrisy

Actually I'd say; complains about knc constantly and doesn't actually own any of their goods is the definition of hypocrisy...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: