Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

All of you be mad of knc
Relax
Relax
Relax

Alll life is not only  mining btc
Go out with your girls
And relax
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh

My girl is not worth the 25btc I have lost due to two faulty miners and late delivery . . .

Oh guy... Tell this to your girl....    Smiley  (fuck, what a greed troll, btc more then a girl...)

Guys, I really don't know what's happening here.....
* ElGabo shocked

Its called a joke you fuckwit.

Whats interesting is if my Advokat in Sweden comes back with positive information then lets see how many people will jump on the band wagon as well.

You are a riot man. Please continue to tell us how much you've lost and how angry you are at the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:55:35 PM

What am I?  A 9 year old?  Grin
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:01:53 PM

thanks people

screen -rd

works great

looking job
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:05:18 PM

thanks people

screen -rd

works great

You're welcome!

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:09:39 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 11:15:08 PM by Tehfiend

Or they could get together -- start a mining company and solicit our business.

I would give them a fair shake at earning my business.

I just don't want to see any of the problems they are complaining about..

As somebody once explained to me... "You can work for an idiot, or you can start your own company and let people complain about your idiocy." Sooooo I started my own company.... It's soooo much simpler. Now I never whine and complain....

Exactly. We have the easy part in this amazing era of ASIC mining which mostly includes a ton of research and picking which pre-order to bet on which is a lot easier than bringing an ASIC to market.

I'm not saying we should just bend over and take it but some of this crap is just ridiculous. So many posts raging about how they got SCREWED by TERRIBLE KNC when they couldn't buy an upgrade when really they just got beat to the draw since they weren't savvy enough to properly prepare for the rush and have their trigger finger on a wallet properly loaded with BTC.

I just dream of a thread where people can dialog about creating and sharing solutions to the many problems us miners face instead of bitching and moaning over and over and over.

So with that thought, I'm really surprised KNC didn't take a better approach to this sale like they did with their initial pre-order. I really was impressed with how they first allowed people to register "pre-order interest" and then used that list to allow people to pre-order with a 7 day payment window after they had more solid details about their product. IMO they created one of the most legit pre-order queue's I've seen with no ZERO HOUR RUSH CRASHING WEBSITE LOTTO like I'm used too. I would think they could have easily created a list of their Mercury/Saturn customers and allowed them to register qty of modules they were interested in first and then open up payment a day later based on that data. What I think would have been really cool is if they used a "reverse priority" allowing people that experienced the longest delays to get first dibs. While this would have put me towards the end of the queue, it would really earned my respect and trust. Maybe they don't have the manpower for this but I know there are plenty of capable "enthusiasts" that would donate their time to create a system like this free of charge, myself included.

Regardless, I'm sure that this sale was more of an afterthought and will have no resemblance to what they have planned for their gen2 sales.

*crosses fingers*
the-skeptic

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:09:57 PM

thanks people

screen -rd

works great

You're welcome!

I've always stacked the flags with individual dashes like:

screen -d -r

I didn't know it would read the flags combined. Neat.

Any idea why CGMiner loses the running count of accepted hashes at the bottom sometimes? Any magic to bring back part of a missing screen?
It's not worth the hassle of a reboot: I've nicknamed the bitchier of my two miners Apollo 13 for a reason.
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:15:48 PM

thanks people

screen -rd

works great

You're welcome!

screen -d -r

Any idea why CGMiner loses the running count of accepted hashes at the bottom sometimes? Any magic to bring back part of a missing screen?
It's not worth the hassle of a reboot: I've nicknamed the bitchier of my two miners Apollo 13 for a reason.

I just expand the puTTY screen -- everything re-sizes and corrects itself --- or so it seems to me. Grab the bottom right -- pull a bit -- mostly down and everything prettys up.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:24:10 PM

Goto UPS.com

Pick Sweden English

Pick your Addy

Pick 1 Kg

Pick $1,000 value

That's a heavy printed circuit board. 2.2 lbs?

That's a liter of water.

That's the heatsink on the fans lol
World record price for a fan?

Hilarious to see my next email doing the one thing I knew it would...ty and sell me more overpriced hardware. And bragging.

Odd how a modular system is suddenly not compatible with it's month later cousins..seems to me to negate the entire principle of modular systems.

A fool and his (non refundable.."we learned some lessons")  bitcoins are soon parted. Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
the-skeptic

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:28:02 PM

thanks people

screen -rd

works great

You're welcome!

screen -d -r

I just expand the puTTY screen -- everything re-sizes and corrects itself --- or so it seems to me. Grab the bottom right -- pull a bit -- mostly down and everything prettys up.

It does the same thing whether I'm using putty on my pc or juice from my android phone. Both my miners have experienced this problem (Both currently doing it as we speak) but I don't wanna spook them with an unnecessary reboot. Hector, my Jupiter, is running 15 or 16 dies constantly with maximum cooling, and Apollo 13 will run on 7 of 8 if I keep the bedroom door closed to keep the temperature in the tropical range, but goes to six if I leave it open too long.

</ASIC Voodoo>
timmmers

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:37:52 PM

As somebody once explained to me... "You can work for an idiot, or you can start your own company and let people complain about your idiocy." Sooooo I started my own company.... It's soooo much simpler. Now I never whine and complain....

Exactly. We have the easy part in this amazing era of ASIC mining which mostly includes a ton of research and picking which pre-order to bet on which is a lot easier than bringing an ASIC to market.

I'm not saying we should just bend over and take it but some of this crap is just ridiculous. So many posts raging about how they got SCREWED by TERRIBLE KNC when they couldn't buy an upgrade when really they just got beat to the draw since they weren't savvy enough to properly prepare for the rush and have their trigger finger on a wallet properly loaded with BTC.

I just dream of a thread where people can dialog about creating and sharing solutions to the many problems us miners face instead of bitching and moaning over and over and over.

So with that thought, I'm really surprised KNC didn't take a better approach to this sale like they did with their initial pre-order. I really was impressed with how they first allowed people to register "pre-order interest" and then used that list to allow people to pre-order with a 7 day payment window after they had more solid details about their product. IMO they created one of the most legit pre-order queue's I've seen with no ZERO HOUR RUSH CRASHING WEBSITE LOTTO like I'm used too. I would think they could have easily created a list of their Mercury/Saturn customers and allowed them to register qty of modules they were interested in first and then open up payment a day later based on that data. What I think would have been really cool is if they used a "reverse priority" allowing people that experienced the longest delays to get first dibs. While this would have put me towards the end of the queue it but would really earned my respect and trust. Maybe they don't have the manpower for this but I know there are plenty of capable "enthusiasts" that would donate their time to create a system like this free of charge, myself included.

Regardless, I'm sure that this sale was more of an afterthought and will have no resemblance to what they have planned for their gen2 sales.

*crosses fingers*

You have no faith in the power of people and protest? Maybe you're right but often when something is wrong and enough people get behind it, the problem is solved.

As for the ASIC companies and how to make them better, I saw what Black Arrow did (or proposed to do), 50% upfront with order, the rest later when the product existed. ..that seemed quite logical and fair. If it worked or not, it should be doable.

While people chuck away money with their common sense in a safe deposit box on mars...not gonna happen sadly because no company will ever need to give a monkey's fuck about customers. They'll always be swimming in fools money.

As for this latest upgrade race that they handled like a one armed concrete orang utan gymnast ..they should have offered them to the ones they failed so badly by delivering weeks too late first. Discounted. For many reasons, but the obvious one being to  compensate them for losing so much purely due to KNC not being able to run a piss up in a brewery.

Yet again the engineers deliver the goods, and KNC shows its incompetence and how to alienate more customers. I feel for the guys who do the real work.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 10:38:34 PM

The termcap (terminal capabilities) the curses library (cursor control) is using by default might be one for a linux textmode terminal, possibly putty might default to a strictly correct vt100 emulation or something. If you can find out what termcaps entry putty uses, or set it to the one you are actually using, that could help maybe.

Check putty help screens for stuff about terminal emulations maybe?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:43:15 PM

Apollo 13 will run on 7 of 8 if I keep the bedroom door closed to keep the temperature in the tropical range, but goes to six if I leave it open too long.

Would be interesting to see what the chips do with water cooling.  The nice thing about water is it has a high heat capacity so it takes a lot of heating or cooling to change the temp more than a degree.  Some variable speed fans on a radiator and you might be able to keep the chip "warm" without needing to keep the ambient temp warm.  Certainly would be more wife/girlfriend friendly than devoting one room to tropical temps.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:52:00 PM

What's that word, again?

Schadenfreude.

Describes bitcoin in three syllables.

Isn't that 4 syllables?

Depends on how you pronounce it... the right way or the wrong way.   Grin
timmmers

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:52:09 PM

Just caught up on this thread a bit more, and the absurdity/greed made me spew coffee all over my screen.
How do you spend a grand on a module that you don't know will run in your rig? Not only that incredibly dimwitted thing..but criticise others in the same thread who express logical concerns? Couldn't make it up. Logic left here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:54:08 PM

*crosses fingers*

You have no faith in the power of people and protest? Maybe you're right but often when something is wrong and enough people get behind it, the problem is solved.

Fair enough -- but this is beginning to remind me of the useless protests against the 1%.

Why? It looks to me like we have 100 factions fighting for their viewpoint -- so which protest group gets the fix? Which 1% faction -- eh?

I bought a Saturn -- so I felt that people with Saturns should get first priority (cause we paid more and as a group we are decidedly more handsome and articulate) -- people with Mercury units should get second opportunity and the Jupiter crowd could go whistle.

So -- I propose we cancel all the orders from Jupiter owners and re-position them with Saturn and Mercury owners.

So there is my protest vote -- and it's obviously correct -- so why don't you just back off and let my view win out? Now that you know what is right thinking and can see what is wrong thinking!

I agree the shipping price was too high -- so I think all the overcharges should be refunded -- to me. They have offended my tender sensibilities  Angry Angry  Cry  so I deserve extra compensation. OK?

Now, can we vote?

davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:58:44 PM

Just caught up on this thread a bit more, and the absurdity/greed made me spew coffee all over my screen.

How do you spend a grand on a module that you don't know will run in your rig? Not only that incredibly dimwitted thing..but criticise others in the same thread who express logical concerns? Couldn't make it up. Logic left here.

At least you understand Human Nature....

To criticize is easy....

Solving makes my head hurt...

Tehfiend

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:04:45 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 11:19:57 PM by Tehfiend

Yeesh this is a lot of bickering.

Either they will offer a partial refund or something for the seemingly high modules shipping charge (more than the charge to ship a whole miner) and it will be KnC.rep++, or they won't and it will be KnC.rep--.

Either way, I plan to say no more on the subject absent any further developments.

I agree that the shipping price seems high but I don't understand why people expect a refund. If they felt shipping was too high then why did they submit the order in the first place? I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to pay KNC's asking price.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:09:33 PM

That's the heatsink on the fans lol
World record price for a fan?

Hilarious to see my next email doing the one thing I knew it would...ty and sell me more overpriced hardware. And bragging.

Odd how a modular system is suddenly not compatible with it's month later cousins..seems to me to negate the entire principle of modular systems.

A fool and his (non refundable.."we learned some lessons")  bitcoins are soon parted. Sad

Bitfury did the same thing with their second batch.

I guess we could ask them nicely if they would please stop improving the design.   Wink
Tehfiend

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:12:40 PM

I would liken a lot of the behavior here more to a monkey throwing poop than a protest to enact change...
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:13:49 PM

Apollo 13 will run on 7 of 8 if I keep the bedroom door closed to keep the temperature in the tropical range, but goes to six if I leave it open too long.

Would be interesting to see what the chips do with water cooling.  The nice thing about water is it has a high heat capacity so it takes a lot of heating or cooling to change the temp more than a degree.  Some variable speed fans on a radiator and you might be able to keep the chip "warm" without needing to keep the ambient temp warm.  Certainly would be more wife/girlfriend friendly than devoting one room to tropical temps.

I asked about the feasibility of using liquid cooling a few pages ago and just about got ran out of town for being an idiot.  Apparently this is a dumb idea for some reason.   Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: