Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:09:32 AM

...and talked to Liam to confirm delivery on modules for Monday....

Is this true?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:10:26 AM

Any news of delivery / production second batch?

They will start shipping today, got anyone an tracking no?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:27:13 AM

Is this true?

Who is that guy and how does he know if anyone called and when?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:33:03 AM

There is still no sign of a fix for the out of memory condition killing cgminer. I wouldn't be pleased to have a nice shiny new november order Jupiter dying periodically for such a simple well known reason, losing hours sitting there waiting for me to wake up and notice because they neglected to include a watchdog to keep the thing running and/or neglected to ensure their software fit into the amount of RAM they saw fit to build into the unit...

-MarkM-

I believe the issue there is/was while using Bertmod, the ram is otherwise sufficient.
It has 512MB of DDR3
You have something else going on?

I agree with Mark there is a memory leak somewhere, on some machines at least.

I've had the best luck with running cgminer 3.7.2 manually after killing the one that comes with the knc firmware, but even then after 3 days free memory has dropped 100MB, from 250MB down to 150MB free, I haven't had it drop so low that it stops mining like Mark has, but I've seen it drop down to the 12MB free mark before I rebooted.
**BIFFA*** I think you "Hit the nail on the head"
This could surely explain the tapering down of speed after a reboot to such nice levels...

Also, someone mentioned earlier about staying off the status page helping out a bit...so far...I must agree.
No Putty, no GUI, just monitoring from the pool seems to help

OK just for reference, as you may or may not remember my Jupiter really only runs well on 0.96

So I have been running it on vanilla 0.96 (cgminer 3.4.0) for 3 days solid, and memory usage is tiny.

Mem: 48476K used, 462096K free, 0K shrd, 28K buff, 36732K cached

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:36:43 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 12:57:21 AM by edgar

polite requests are ignored

phonecalls go unanswered

emails are answered by an automated response that promises a human response that NEVER arrives

forum posts are ignored or smeared with dung by the lucky/paid/bored/ignorant

unreasonable demands are made of CUSTOMERS who are illegally referred to as BUSINESSES

it is a big scam, and we are the investdurrs.

that SOME of us made +ROI (in USD) is immaterial for those of us that did not.

boasting of your 'success' or your 'method' is irritating to say the least when genuine concerns are deemed as TROLLING.

wipe the drool from your mouth and open your eyes!

modules ordered & paid for AFTER november orders will be shipped this week? next week? so when will the november orders get shipped?

30th november just to stay 'honest'

1st of dec due to EXTRA modules needing to be shipped a week or so late?

do we have ANY say in what is expected?

i hate the fact that we have to backflip through hoops & moonwalk on eggshells to get what we paid for (a fully functional rig)

while the million dollar success story is plastered all over the world ignoring the multitude of LEGITIMATE concerns are overlooked or passed of as false

(ignore button is a pathetic threat made by pathetic individuals)

'do what i say or i'll press a button to ignore you without actually ignoring you' - awesome!

Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:44:46 AM

BTW..  Upon further investigation, I found this inside the CB700 PSU...

Blew my mind.....

What is it?

Notice the plastic shield blocking nearly 1/2 the airflow?
This 700w psu should have been fine on a saturn, but overheated catastrophically in less than 5 minutes...  no fault of the Saturn, they run great on the cx600's...   at one point, I had two hashing boards patched into my desktop's psu(while running), a tx750. I even messed up once(which I rarely admit to) Grin, and plugged a hashing board onto a live pci power lead, from the desktop....a few sparks flew...  but everything still works fine... they are actually pretty durable high-quality electronics on these boards. Forgiving, yes, but I'd never recommend doing that...just to be clear!

Actually it is by design.  The baffler is there to force the air to go over all of the internal PSU components instead of the more direct and shorter path out the exhaust vent.  Here are more examples of other PSU manufacturers (Corsair and Seasonic) employing similar bafflers that partially covers the intake fans (toward the side of the vent).

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:54:35 AM

Blew my mind.....

What is it?

This 700w psu should have been fine on a saturn, but overheated catastrophically in less than 5 minutes...  no fault of the Saturn, they run great on the cx600's...   at one point, I had two hashing boards patched into my desktop's psu(while running), a tx750. I even messed up once(which I rarely admit to) Grin, and plugged a hashing board onto a live pci power lead, from the desktop....a few sparks flew...  but everything still works fine... they are actually pretty durable high-quality electronics on these boards. Forgiving, yes, but I'd never recommend doing that...just to be clear!

Actually it is by design.  The baffler is there to force the air to go over all of the internal PSU components instead of the more direct and shorter path out the exhaust vent.  Here are more examples of other PSU manufacturers (Corsair and Seasonic) employing similar bafflers that partially covers the intake fans (toward the side of the vent).
yep...  guess they don't realize that severely reduces the overall cfm & cooling ability doing that, it actually does less "Directing" and more "Restricting" IMHO...  my example would be the unit that toasted using barely 300 watts (and freshly pulled from a running desktop)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:08:45 AM

Blew my mind.....

What is it?

yep...  guess they don't realize that severely reduces the overall cfm & cooling ability doing that, it actually does less "Directing" and more "Restricting" IMHO...  my example would be the unit that toasted using barely 300 watts (and freshly pulled from a running desktop)

What works in a desktop might not power a miner.  I had a power supply label that said good for 15 amps on the 12v rail and the supply tests good and ran a computer but when I tried to power a Blade it failed miserably.  Days later I remembered many inconstant sometimes failing DVD burns so it actually hadn't been powering the computer properly.
Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:15:25 AM

Actually it is by design.  The baffler is there to force the air to go over all of the internal PSU components instead of the more direct and shorter path out the exhaust vent.  Here are more examples of other PSU manufacturers (Corsair and Seasonic) employing similar bafflers that partially covers the intake fans (toward the side of the vent).
yep...  guess they don't realize that severely reduces the overall cfm & cooling ability doing that, it actually does less "Directing" and more "Restricting" IMHO...  my example would be the unit that toasted using barely 300 watts (and freshly pulled from a running desktop)

Who manufacture your PSU?  Looks like the baffler is longer than the one used by Seasonic and Corsair and doesn't look as rigid.  It might be better to trim it instead of eliminate it completely.
KGBSlim

Activity: 126

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:32:27 AM

Is this true?

Cyper I was referring to that guy on the KnC forums. The guy that owns 10Jupiters. He said today on there "I called and talked to Liam and modules will be sent out Monday" - not exact words but you get what I mean.

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:19:53 AM

polite requests are ignored

phonecalls go unanswered

emails are answered by an automated response that promises a human response that NEVER arrives

forum posts are ignored or smeared with dung by the lucky/paid/bored/ignorant

unreasonable demands are made of CUSTOMERS who are illegally referred to as BUSINESSES

it is a big scam, and we are the investdurrs.

that SOME of us made +ROI (in USD) is immaterial for those of us that did not.

boasting of your 'success' or your 'method' is irritating to say the least when genuine concerns are deemed as TROLLING.

wipe the drool from your mouth and open your eyes!

modules ordered & paid for AFTER november orders will be shipped this week? next week? so when will the november orders get shipped?

30th november just to stay 'honest'

1st of dec due to EXTRA modules needing to be shipped a week or so late?

do we have ANY say in what is expected?

i hate the fact that we have to backflip through hoops & moonwalk on eggshells to get what we paid for (a fully functional rig)

while the million dollar success story is plastered all over the world ignoring the multitude of LEGITIMATE concerns are overlooked or passed of as false

(ignore button is a pathetic threat made by pathetic individuals)

'do what i say or i'll press a button to ignore you without actually ignoring you' - awesome!

+1
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:24:04 AM

Is this true?

Cyper I was referring to that guy on the KnC forums. The guy that owns 10Jupiters. He said today on there "I called and talked to Liam and modules will be sent out Monday" - not exact words but you get what I mean.

If this is true, why wouldn't Orama come on here and tell us if there was a delay. He's not just going to put his head in the sand and pretend like nothing happened.  Give him some credit.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:28:38 AM

yep...  guess they don't realize that severely reduces the overall cfm & cooling ability doing that, it actually does less "Directing" and more "Restricting" IMHO...  my example would be the unit that toasted using barely 300 watts (and freshly pulled from a running desktop)

You must be right.  The largest OEMs which ship tens of millions of PSU don't know what restriction their cases and designs are doing.  They probably had some kid just slap one on because it looked cool.  No possible chance they measured he restriction and airflow in a lab before going into production. That is one possibility. 

The other one is that you just have a defective unit.

SeaSonic X-1250 has the same exact "diverter flap" I used 12 of them for almost two years in high ambient temp garage and had no failures.  If you open up 90% of PSU on the market today they have a flap similar to that.   It is to prevent the airflow from bypassing the high heat components.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:33:05 AM

Is this true?

They really should not have started taking orders so soon then.  That especially hurts in BTC right now.  Should have at least gave people a fiat payment option if it had to be ordered this past Tuesday.
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:17:31 AM

a lot of people angry with the knc??
What's going on?

looking job
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:39:00 AM

a lot of people angry with the knc??
What's going on?

Have you not read the previous 1090 pages of this thread?
/sarcasm
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:57:33 AM

I've always got a reply to my emails from KNC and I've been pretty critical but also gave plenty credit where it is due.

Perhaps people shoot off too many emails so they skip them

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:10:50 AM

So I just soldered connectors into positions 5 and 6 on my Saturn's control board and connected the modules to them.  So far it seems to be working fine.

Now I just need my upgrade modules to arrive and I'll be ready to try making a 5-module miner.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:11:18 AM

I've always got a reply to my emails from KNC and I've been pretty critical but also gave plenty credit where it is due.

Perhaps people shoot off too many emails so they skip them

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

Absolutely... and "too many" may also be marked as spam by most e-mail services and automatically plopped into the spam folder...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:13:37 AM

So I just soldered connectors into positions 5 and 6 on my Saturn's control board and connected the modules to them.  So far it seems to be working fine.

Now I just need my upgrade modules to arrive and I'll be ready to try making a 5-module miner.

Nice! I was going to try that too but didn't get enough notice on the sale to order the pin headers in time and didn't feel like taking the risk without testing first...
Pages: « 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: