Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2017, 08:00:39 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006434 times)
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:00:09 AM

For your reference.

They Shipped me my three replacement modules in 1 Box, was well packaged in Static bags and Bubble wrap.

Seen lots of Pictures of the Heat Sinks and Fans, but no mention of Thermal paste, hope you all have that on your shopping lists.

Peace

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:05:05 AM

I got briefly excited when the fans arrived.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1596176/2013-11-15%2000.41.26.jpg

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.

wow so you did buy six modules, you'll never end to surprise me Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:35:20 AM

Serious, if KNC was passionate about the products they make and really cared for them, they would have never shipped them with thin paperboard and no internal packing. This kind of proves they care less about their product and are soley in it for financial reward. I would rather invest my money with a company that cares about their own products.

And with UPS. You can pack whatever you want into a box. Guys, do you realize how small and light these boxes are going to be? A computer board that weighs the same as a pack of bubble bum and the size of playing cards. A couple cables. All less then 16OZ in a tiny little box. It will be like getting an Intel Processor box. That small. Trust me, UPS said no such thing about having one in each box. This is the last time I'll be investing with this company. They move to slow, have a horrible presence in the community (if any at all) and once they have your money start to treat  you a little different. They'll eventually ruin everything for themselves. People don't forget. I'll never forget  I had to pay $205 to ship 16ounzes to the Eastern US with a weeks delay first. That sticks in me like a hot knife.

Wow, you really feel that way?
Seems pretty trivial to me, and other than Arctic I30's snap-on fan design(no fault of KNC's really)  The inits held up astoundingly well, even one that was totally destroyed by DHL, and filled with water ended up working. It was also posted in here that the boards are all pre-packaged individually, and when checked with UPS rates in sweden, was right on price...you must have missed it....

this was my unit  http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

and the truth is I kinda think that is why my unit works so well...it was hand carried from Sweden it was sopping wet from rainwater..no way you could keep the box together w/o 2 hands.....so pretty much was hand carried imho from Sweden.....the boxes are so flimsy the others that have problems and rattled RMA units imho we're tossed about like Frisbees ...it is not like anything on the box said electronics and fragile so in hindsight I guess getting my unit full of rain water and literally being held together to the chest of the DHL guy to get it to my house from the truck...means it probably had a lot less 'trauma" from the trip...only thing that makes sense on why it works so well

I'm gonna be interested in how this next batch is shipped...if they continue to have no clue on shipping and I get a future unit say in march 2014 (sorry too nuts out there in asic miner world gonna wait)... a 'vacation' to Sweden may be in order if for no other reason then to happily drink and pick it up vs get it damaged and drink with regret on arrival via DHL or UPS or whoever...will all depend on how they hopefully have improved shipping.

but imho using 2 hands to deliver a sopping wet  Jupiter with both ends half ass hangint out the ends for DHL delivery is probably the best way to go in hindsight!! Smiley

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:34:27 AM

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1269

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:00:59 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66

Today is the 15TH of November and we were due to start shipping, There is some bad news and some good news, The Bad news is the delivery of parts which we needed to begin today has been delayed by about 5-10 days
We found this out two days ago and have been working with the suppliers to get it as fast as possible but it’s not been possible I’m afraid,

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
For the November shipments we are using UPS only and have increased the strength of the boxes to reduce the shipping issues.
We appreciate that any delay in shipment is not good news at all and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to decrease the delay.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░BTC-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM

Turbo mode! Just a bout a week of "delay". Not too bad at all. Given that they said one month after first batch, and some people got it towards the end of the month, so they still have a couple of weeks to be on schedule.
AussieHash

Activity: 685

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

I guess we'll see a few more Monarch preorders appear in the Auctions thread now ...
AussieHash

Activity: 685

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:10:05 AM

Today is the 15TH of November and we were due to start shipping, There is some bad news and some good news, The Bad news is the delivery of parts which we needed to begin today has been delayed by about 5-10 days
We found this out two days ago and have been working with the suppliers to get it as fast as possible but it’s not been possible I’m afraid,

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
For the November shipments we are using UPS only and have increased the strength of the boxes to reduce the shipping issues.
We appreciate that any delay in shipment is not good news at all and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to decrease the delay.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama : Can you please let us know the PSU requirements for this new specification ?  Do we need >850W  Huh
gravito

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:31:24 AM

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama: Does this delay also apply to the upgrade modules? Will the shipping of the upgrade modules begin with, before or after shipping of regular november orders?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:32:37 AM

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy. hypocrisy

Actually I'd say; complains about knc constantly and doesn't actually own any of their goods is the definition of hypocrisy...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:44:20 AM

@KNC or @Bitcoinorama: Does this delay also apply to the upgrade modules? Will the shipping of the upgrade modules begin with, before or after shipping of regular november orders?

Guy's I'll be honest and say. If you have a November batch and want to take full advantage, I'd be sourcing 1200w PSUs.

I'd still avoid the Cosair HX Series. You'd prob be fine with a solid 1000w+.

We've been testing on the V850s still, but as I alluded to before they've been pushing these around and over 1000w and the PSUs are solid and have been taking the abuse, but if I were you with future firmware revisions and from what I've seen: 1200w Gold rated PSUs for November batch orders FTW please! Wink

sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:47:55 AM

Guy's I'll be honest and say. If you have a November batch and want to take full advantage, I'd be sourcing 1200w PSUs.

We've been testing on the V850s still, but as I alluded to before they've been pushing these around and over 1000w and the PSUs are solid and have been taking the abuse, but if I were you with future firmware revisions and from what I've seen: 1200w Gold rated PSUs for November batch orders FTW please! Wink

Are you suggesting to buy bigger PSU also for batch1 miners (once new fw version will be released) ?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:51:01 AM

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Well not to be an ass...but I am a 1st batch Jupiter order..and I am wondering if it takes 5-10days to get the stuff and/or say 3 days to start building it and then shipping (which took 3 days to the states for my Jupiter....well...doing the best case math that is 5 days (+/- 5 days) and say 3 days to build (what it was when they told me my unit hit processing) and say 3 days to ship if you are the 1st in line..and they don't ship at least on the weekends...this means best case scenario....realistically say 26th or 27th of this month 1st units start to trickle out.....or if 10 day delay...happens or at worst 1st week of December.units start to trickle out..you'd start to see units arrive?...again not to be an ass but wondering...

Kudos on the speed improvement.. whatever happens for this batch you will have more reliable units and less stress and likely get a bit more out of them gh wise/btc wise even with the delay.

Also if anyone knows with this new board design etc etc now at 650gh is there gonna be another run of these units (Jupiter and/or Saturn) say middle of December and or January 2014 at what I suspect would be correspondingly reduced prices.....or are they holding by their commitment and halting sales/shipping as previously  stated in their announcements till their next generation asic units beyond the current design of say around march 2014 (actually probably no one knows ..just tossing it out there)

Thanks in advance. I guess on this kinda stuff best case with any ASIC  manufacturer best rule of thumb is ..AT BEST... count on them being at least 2 weeks late (knock wood)....in that is the best that KNC has managed of the ASIC mnfg so far (or so I assume)

Again kudos to those who got this batch of units...as to myself BFL refugee...overextended...due to no refunds and forced upgrade to a monarch (900gh jan fat chance)...but anyway live an learn always stick with KNC and pay via paypal credit card option or credit card direct..and as a further hint most DEBIT cards by banks if you have one are backed by a major credit card company (mine is VISA) so with a heads up to your bank  you CAN use that card and the cc option to purchase a unit via cc and protection...anyway don't make my mistake with using bank xfer and falling into the never ending had to punt to next product bfl trap......(out 8K) live an learn!

anyway.....my 2c worth
Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:53:15 AM

Are you suggesting to buy bigger PSU also for batch1 miners (once new fw version will be released) ?

The only reason for the October batch to buy uprated PSUs would be if they purchased additional upgrade boards that unofficially they shouldn't be doing, as they officially were for Mercury and Saturns to upgrade with. Wink

sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:55:45 AM

The only reason for the October batch to buy uprated PSUs would be if they purchased additional upgrade boards that unofficially they shouldn't be doing, as they officially were for Mercury and Saturns to upgrade with. Wink

ok perfect.
so if you're using an "official" jup (with only 4 modules) you're safe using an 850W PSU whatever is the fw version, present and future, you flush into your gear.

idee2013

Activity: 397

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:55:56 AM

@ o'rama

could you please ask KNC when the tuning suite comes out?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:56:50 AM

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Well not to be an ass...but I am a 1st batch Jupiter order..and I am wondering if it takes 5-10days to get the stuff and/or say 3 days to start building it and then shipping (which took 3 days to the states for my Jupiter....well...doing the best case math that is 5 days (+/- 5 days) and say 3 days to build (what it was when they told me my unit hit processing) and say 3 days to ship if you are the 1st in line..and they don't ship at least on the weekends...this means best case scenario....realistically say 26th or 27th of this month 1st units start to trickle out.....or if 10 day delay...happens or at worst 1st week of December.units start to trickle out..you'd start to see units arrive?...again not to be an ass but wondering...

Kudos on the speed improvement.. whatever happens for this batch you will have more reliable units and less stress and likely get a bit more out of them gh wise/btc wise even with the delay.

Also if anyone knows with this new board design etc etc now at 650gh is there gonna be another run of these units (Jupiter and/or Saturn) say middle of December and or January 2014 at what I suspect would be correspondingly reduced prices.....or are they holding by their commitment and halting sales/shipping as previously  stated in their announcements till their next generation asic units beyond the current design of say around march 2014 (actually probably no one knows ..just tossing it out there)

Thanks in advance. I guess on this kinda stuff best case with any ASIC  manufacturer best rule of thumb is ..AT BEST... count on them being at least 2 weeks late (knock wood)....in that is the best that KNC has managed of the ASIC mnfg so far (or so I assume)

Again kudos to those who got this batch of units...as to myself BFL refugee...overextended...due to no refunds and forced upgrade to a monarch (900gh jan fat chance)...but anyway live an learn always stick with KNC and pay via paypal credit card option or credit card direct..and as a further hint most DEBIT cards by banks if you have one are backed by a major credit card company (mine is VISA) so with a heads up to your bank  you CAN use that card and the cc option to purchase a unit via cc and protection...anyway don't make my mistake with using bank xfer and falling into the never ending had to punt to next product bfl trap......(out 8K) live an learn!

anyway.....my 2c worth
Searing

Searing, no one else is shipping, the network has stopped growing so fast, so KnC are still standing by the network protection statement, and has no units for sale in December.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:57:51 AM

@ o'rama

could you please ask KNC when the tuning suite comes out?

It's being tuned itself. It's ready when the software engineers say it is, and i'm not being held to date on that, but it can't be far off from what i've seen mate.

edgar
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:03:19 PM

@ anyone - what are 'you guys' using for the 4th module with your V850s?

mine came with 3 'twin' connectors, so im using one connector 'twice' and it is HOT!

@ paladin69 - please stop lying!

@ Zelek Uther - same here, terribly variant and not an ounce of advice that helps consistently. Hold your breath for the 'tuning suite'

@ opentoe - careful with those facts mate, they'll have you tarred & feathered as a troll/shill/liar.
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:06:28 PM

Searing, no one else is shipping, the network has stopped growing so fast, so KnC are still standing by the network protection statement, and has no units for sale in December.
[/quote]

Thanks we appreciate your efforts on our behalf

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.