Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Petrofsky

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:22:53 PM

What I understood is at this moment hashing power is 250.000 GHs.
1000 Jupiters deliver 400.000 Ghs.
There are over 3000 orders I think... (I don't know how many Jupiters, some order something else and some order 20 Jupiters)
Do the math... I just hope for only 62% increase...

Pls correct me if I am wrong anyone...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:25:45 PM

They have almost no risk of people not paying since they still have the miner in hands (and if u don't pay they could just point the miner to their own account) so the pay 6 months up front is a bit much.   I agree with the contract length (6/12 months) but the full payment up front is tough when that could be close to another $10k for some of us.

I think I would sign up today if it was month to month and 6 month contract. (payment of first month today).
yolo2222

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:33:55 PM

They have almost no risk of people not paying since they still have the miner in hands (and if u don't pay they could just point the miner to their own account) so the pay 6 months up front is a bit much.   I agree with the contract length (6/12 months) but the full payment up front is tough when that could be close to another $10k for some of us.

I think I would sign up today if it was month to month and 6 month contract. (payment of first month today).

I fully agree.

Its madness to take payment for hosting before product is available if u ask me, no?

superfluouso

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:35:12 PM

Don't know if their 62% difficulty increase is realistic... maybe worst case scenario?

It's the change over the last 30 days. I don't know how any other number could be considered more realistic than what has happened in the last month.

Agree - looks really nasty if, like me, you ordered a Mercury you won't receive until October at best. But this is probably the most realistic calculator compared to say coinish which paints a rosey picture.  Really dependent on btc...push price to $150 and thinks look much more palatable.  At any rate, I hope to use this whole experience as evaluation to determine if I continue the mining journey with KnC in March w/ their 2nd gen stuff..
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

I hate my family

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:44:42 PM

A bit disappointed that they're asking for the hosting $$$ up front. I thought it would be on a month-to-month basis. Anyone else disappointed?

Nope - doesn't bother me at all. It'll be painful for them to chase after people that don't pay their month to month hosting and then they have to be concerned about shutting off customers who just forgot to pay a bill.

I'm all for paying up front.

That could be remedied by not returning the miner to the customer until balance is paid in full, or implementing late fees and service disconnection. I don't think that's too difficult to do. If people are getting ROI, I don't see why customers wouldn't pay the monthly fee to continue to get even more ROI.

To me it looks like you pay a premium to start mining in September.  But unless BTC is $150 or higher, its just gonna kill profitability on these with the insane rate of difficulty...I guess so long as you're mining btc, you could just look at it as a deferred ROI if btc doesn't hit or exceed $150 for another 6 months..

If you order today, and then order hosting, you'd still be waiting in line until all orders before you - hosting or not - get shipped or put into hosting. So, it does not necessarily mean that you'll be able to cut the line and guarantee September mining start date. The only premium/time you save is the time it takes to ship/get through customs. Someone confirm?

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
Petrofsky

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:47:45 PM

A bit disappointed that they're asking for the hosting $$$ up front. I thought it would be on a month-to-month basis. Anyone else disappointed?

Nope - doesn't bother me at all. It'll be painful for them to chase after people that don't pay their month to month hosting and then they have to be concerned about shutting off customers who just forgot to pay a bill.

That could be remedied by not returning the miner to the customer until balance is paid in full, or implementing late fees and service disconnection. I don't think that's too difficult to do. If people are getting ROI, I don't see why customers wouldn't pay the monthly fee to continue to get even more ROI.

To me it looks like you pay a premium to start mining in September.  But unless BTC is $150 or higher, its just gonna kill profitability on these with the insane rate of difficulty...I guess so long as you're mining btc, you could just look at it as a deferred ROI if btc doesn't hit or exceed $150 for another 6 months..

If you order today, and then order hosting, you'd still be waiting in line until all orders before you - hosting or not - get shipped or put into hosting. So, it does not necessarily mean that you'll be able to cut the line and guarantee September mining start date. The only premium/time you save is the time it takes to ship/get through customs. Someone confirm?

Absolutely!
You get the miner based on when you ordered.
When you take hosting it means they put it online that day... the day your order comes from the factory... not 1 day sooner...
Well, actually when you paid your order! (although there are some exceptions to this)
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:58:20 PM

I have the opportunity to upgrade my Saturn for $3500 and really not sure what to do. It is already pumping 200G/H/s which isn't bad for my first miner. If money wasn't an issue I'd probably just go ahead and do it.

Has anyone else upgraded their units with their upgrade packages or just kept the same?

FYI, I pulled the trigger on a Saturn->Jupiter upgrade + hosting option today. (fixed your Saturn hash rate typo above from 400 to the 200)

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:07:29 PM

Why not wait until late august to do the upgrade? What's the rush? It doesn't affect your shipping date.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:09:14 PM

Why not wait until late august to do the upgrade? What's the rush? It doesn't affect your shipping date.

Probably to assure the hosting right now, no?
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

I hate my family

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:12:28 PM

Or just in case they get a ton more orders and can't match capacity. They did say they should be able to ramp up production to whatever order size, but come on, there's gotta be some limit.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
canth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:16:44 PM

Or just in case they get a ton more orders and can't match capacity. They did say they should be able to ramp up production to whatever order size, but come on, there's gotta be some limit.

In my case, I chose it to get the hosting option. I imagine that power capacity at their hosting facilities will be the limiting factor - it appears that hosting capacity will be more limited than production capacity.

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:29:48 PM

I am going to assume that not too many customers are going to pre-pay for hosting until they see a chip image (die shot) or at least are told the tape-out date. At this point it just seems like another money grab to me without any clear idea on when the miners will be available.
superfluouso

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:45:36 PM

To me it looks like you pay a premium to start mining in September.  But unless BTC is $150 or higher, its just gonna kill profitability on these with the insane rate of difficulty...I guess so long as you're mining btc, you could just look at it as a deferred ROI if btc doesn't hit or exceed $150 for another 6 months..

Absolutely!
You get the miner based on when you ordered.
When you take hosting it means they put it online that day... the day your order comes from the factory... not 1 day sooner...
Well, actually when you paid your order! (although there are some exceptions to this)

Sorry - I was referring to those who preordered/paid and have the best possibility of making the highest return.  If you are in that position and DONT choose hosting, you could be forfeiting a substantial portion of your ROI, depending on the length of time it takes to receive the shipment - at least according to http://mining.thegenesisblock.com
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:46:07 PM

I am going to assume that not too many customers are going to pre-pay for hosting until they see a chip image (die shot) or at least are told the tape-out date. At this point it just seems like another money grab to me without any clear idea on when the miners will be available.

+1
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 08:06:18 PM

But I do take it as a good sign that Knc has this much Info and details about the hosting..  That tells me they are on track or they would not have posted all that..   Like BFL..  Never saw their supposed Hosting Plan..

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:44:53 PM

But I do take it as a good sign that Knc has this much Info and details about the hosting..  That tells me they are on track or they would not have posted all that..   Like BFL..  Never saw their supposed Hosting Plan..

When ordering equipment from Butterfly Labs, you have the option of hosting your equipment locally with one of our affiliate data centers. While BFL does not host equipment directly, we do work with local providers to place your equipment.

Currently, we work with a company called J.Morgan and Associates, which will host your equipment at their facilities. The current cost structure for hosting is:

MiniRig SC: $625 per month, per rig
50 GH/s and 60 GH/s $100 per month, per unit

http://www.butterflylabs.com/faq/

canth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:07:10 PM

But I do take it as a good sign that Knc has this much Info and details about the hosting..  That tells me they are on track or they would not have posted all that..   Like BFL..  Never saw their supposed Hosting Plan..

When ordering equipment from Butterfly Labs, you have the option of hosting your equipment locally with one of our affiliate data centers. While BFL does not host equipment directly, we do work with local providers to place your equipment.

Currently, we work with a company called J.Morgan and Associates, which will host your equipment at their facilities. The current cost structure for hosting is:

MiniRig SC: $625 per month, per rig
50 GH/s and 60 GH/s $100 per month, per unit

http://www.butterflylabs.com/faq/

Sad story... say you're a BFL customer and you opt for hosting to get your unit hashing ASAP - this seems like a straightforward option. You pay for your 60GH miner, hosting and you've got a June or July 2012 order, so you feel like you might actually receive the product. Then the power usage for the products change drastically and BFL doesn't have enough PSUs. Of course they give customers the option of shipping w/o the PSU and so customers can supply their own hacked PSU, but those that paid for hosting - they are now SOL and waiting behind everyone else. It'd be funny, if it weren't sad.

Luckily there's no way KnC runs into this problem since their products uses a standard ATX PSU, available everywhere.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:15:06 PM

Sad story... say you're a BFL customer and you opt for hosting to get your unit hashing ASAP - this seems like a straightforward option. You pay for your 60GH miner, hosting and you've got a June or July 2012 order, so you feel like you might actually receive the product. Then the power usage for the products change drastically and BFL doesn't have enough PSUs. Of course they give customers the option of shipping w/o the PSU and so customers can supply their own hacked PSU, but those that paid for hosting - they are now SOL and waiting behind everyone else. It'd be funny, if it weren't sad.

Luckily there's no way KnC runs into this problem since their products uses a standard ATX PSU, available everywhere.
The BFL Single is designed to run off a standard ATX PSU, what do you think the people that ordered with out the PSU are using?

From what I can tell, the whole BFL range can run of standards ATX PSUs.

KNCminer don't even give you the option of ordering with a PSU from what I can tell. Which suggests that you will have extreme difficulty getting insurance, as it is probably not electrically certified for your country. We will have to wait and see if that's the case, every country is different.

canth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:24:25 PM

The BFL Single is designed to run off a standard ATX PSU, what do you think the people that ordered with out the PSU are using?

From what I can tell, the whole BFL range can run of standards ATX PSUs.

On the one hand, yes, I believe the BFL range can run on standard ATX PSUs. But on the other hand, BFL is offering customers an option to ship without the PSU, presumably due to lack of supply. I don't get it and I'm just happy that I'm not waiting on them to explain it.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:33:08 PM

On the one hand, yes, I believe the BFL range can run on standard ATX PSUs. But on the other hand, BFL is offering customers an option to ship without the PSU, presumably due to lack of supply. I don't get it and I'm just happy that I'm not waiting on them to explain it.

BFL provide their own smaller PSUs as ATX ones are large compared to the miner, however even in the Jalapeno, they give you the cable to run it off a standard ATX PSU.

Avalon were the first to offer shipping without PSU as their devices were having trouble getting though customs in some countries. Seeing they were designed to have an internal PSU that made it pretty obvious the system needed to be electrically certified, a time consuming exercise. All these people assembling Avalon chip based solutions eg. Terahash etc. are going to be in the same boat. This is not good for the industry to have un-certified gear hitting customs all over the world.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: