Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

didn't people make  80-100 coins on October Jupiters? I have no idea what are your facts.

No. Your "facts" are total fiction.

Here are some number we came up with before. Read them and continue to criticise me, it never gets tiresome.

I received my Jupiter on Oct 7th and also bought 2 upgrade modules when they went on sale. My total cost was ~66 BTC. I've mined ~59 BTC to date with 99.9% uptime and overclocking. I agree that many will not see ROI in btc. I expect to mine another 15-20 btc with my rig (currently running at 1TH/s) before the electricity becomes too expensive, which will mean I will ROI - eventually.
Thanks for the figures. I had no idea people who took delivery as early as Oct 7th still hadn't made 70BTC yet.

Which makes me wonder exactly how many people ACTUALLY made 70BTC (i.e. 70K), as our engadget interviewee above claims?

As knc said on the 11th October that they had only produced 700 units (https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-49), so that means the amount who mined 70BTC (70K) must be only a few hundred at most. Out of 7000-9000 October units shipped, that's not too impressive.

<awaits backlash for presenting facts people don't want to hear>

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:21:19 PM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

Is this KNC?  Ugh.
ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:26:32 PM

Another big one  Wink
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:32:44 PM

This one and a previous one together are ~44% of the WHOLE network.
To me, it says that it is a combined account of a large pool, NOT KnC
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:35:45 PM

Called customer support this afternoon and told them that Plan B sounds nice in general, but the question is "when is Neptune considered to be late?".

All I got as answer was actually a lot of words saying nothing.
First I was told they are on track, plan A is the one they focus on and that Neptune is scheduled for delivery in Q1/Q2 and Q2 (depending on the batch) as well as that everything is on track therefore there are no details available regarding plan B.

So I expressed my self more clearly that Q1/Q2 or Q2 would mean Q3, on July 1st, Neptune will be considered late?
Answer was that there's currently no decision regarding "when Neptune will be considered late", since they are still on track with plan A. And as soon as there would be a decision, it will be announced publicly on their website.

Wow so they are still insinuating that batch #1 could ship in Q1 despite the fact that they hadn't even taped out a few weeks ago. It's amazing that they are talking about Plan B but refuse to say what "late" exactly is. They really expect people to preorder Neptunes on blind faith with no details at all. Who needs to try and estimate ROI right?
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:54:18 PM

This one and a previous one together are ~44% of the WHOLE network.
To me, it says that it is a combined account of a large pool, NOT KnC

No they're not.  Those two are ~1.8PH combined.  That's less than 10%
WillMilk4Coin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:29:14 PM

I'll stick to that opinion and I'll debate anyone telling me how great knc are. And I'll ignore people like you, for starting pretty much all your posts with a slight or insult directed at me. You expect to throw bs at me and then expect me to engage you on a respectful level? Please.

I'll start by saying, I actually respect you, Avenger, more than you know. My addresses to you haven't shown it and I'd even wager you wouldn't believe it. I've followed the objections and critical thoughts you've lent here since last year and they were a great & needed counter to a lot of the over exuberant KnC praise that was spilling in here. What rubbed me the wrong way was that you 1)have arguably the loudest voice here, in combination with 2) seemed to devolve from providing those objections and rational thoughts and insisted on using that voice for mud flinging and conspiracy theories -the worst of it in the last few weeks. I hated that picture of Sam, Josh & co since it was first made public -when sudden paranoid accusations became; "run for the hills, miners. All hardware players now in collusion." As if somehow posing respectfully with business competitors required that they all slept in the same bed. The dredging up of that picture set me off, and I flung an undeserved personal insult at you. I was the first to throw a low punch. For that, I am sorry.

Regarding this much more chiseled response from you, thank you. That was the type of thing I was hoping for. I understand your position, and I won't argue against your objections. You clearly felt slighted by KnC for numerous reasons and you are entitled to your position. All I'll add is that in regard to their, "We'll never forget the help of our first customers" attitude, I don't feel as detested by their actions as you as I never actually believed that in the first place. I never felt entitled to benefits nor anticipated preferential treatment despite the persona they wished to convey, because at the end of the day, KnC's primary goal (or any business for that matter) does not include you or me as the beneficiaries. Any demonstrated values any company shows is essentially a facade, a tool to further that main objective -but still one I can't hold against them.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:53:36 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 01:05:29 AM by The Avenger

2) seemed to devolve from providing those objections and rational thoughts and insisted on using that voice for mud flinging and conspiracy theories -the worst of it in the last few weeks
My recent comments are no more "mud flinging and conspiracy theories" than anything I've ever said previously. People just find them a little hard to swallow, until they come true  Grin

Hardly scientific proof, but

And to think at one point I suspected you were a crazy conspiracy theorists. Tuens out you were right on.

What do you have a problem with, specifically, with what I've said lately?

I speculated from a bin full of arctic cooler boxes in that video I posted that the boards in the datacentre are new and additional hashing power, not just being moved from someplace else. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say that assessement is an 8 or 9 in terms of being correct.

My read on that cloud hashing guy selling his jupiters being a sign of something happening in the cloud hashing world was correct.

And my insisting on knc only providing 3TH cloud hashing for 6 months is based on a statement made by their company director. I shoot down anyone who suggests it might be 5 or 6TH for two reasons:
1. It's already been stated by knc employee that their priority with neptune is power consumption, not time to delivery or maximising hashrate. That is totally consistent that same knc employee's statement that the future of mining is based on lowest power consumption costs. And that all fits in with their datacentre being in a place with the cheapest electricity in Europe.
2. Though they promised to over-deliver etc, knc were quite forceful insisting in October that if you paid for 400GH, then that was all you were entitled to. No debate, end of story. As Sam's statement to coindesk classified it as the "latest model, the 3TH/s Neptune miner" and "3. Convert to 3TH of hosting performance for a period". That seems quite assured it's not 6TH. And as I said in my last post, knc did the absolute bare minimum to meet their obligations to customers and I see no reason why they would suddenly change now. What a company has done in the past (i.e. what they get away with) is a very good indicator of what they will do again in the future.

Sure I'm flippant sometimes, it's fun.
Neptune customers t-shirt UPDATE:

FRONT: I gave KNC $13,000 for a Neptune

BACK: And all I got was this lousy 3TH cloud hashing contract for 6 months

Tongue

So why do those photos of Josh and Sam bug you? I mean, if knc are the virtuous company they claim to be, they could surely tell conference organisers they will not share a stage with BFL/Josh, if they truly felt that BFL were doing damage to bitcoin and taking advantage of people with their sales and delivery dates etc. And that knc are playing everything above board and legit and setting an example of how to do things right and don't want to be associated with people who might not be.

But they aren't, they know it and they are happy to sit next to Josh. Actions speak louder than words.

All I'll add is that in regard to their, "We'll never forget the help of our first customers" attitude, I don't feel as detested by their actions as you as I never actually believed that in the first place. I never felt entitled to benefits nor anticipated preferential treatment despite the persona they wished to convey, because at the end of the day, KnC's primary goal (or any business for that matter) does not include you or me as the beneficiaries. Any demonstrated values any company shows is essentially a facade, a tool to further that main objective -but still one I can't hold against them.
I guess I'm naive. I wasn't expecting preferential treatment. But for $7k+ I was expecting to be informed and treated well enough. If you buy a $200 psu off a company, they'll usually be very apologetic if they can't deliver on time and probably bombard you with updates and apologies etc. And if they then shipped you a duff one, they'd be even more apologetic and probably send you a replacement for free. Now I'm not expecting that, but knc should really have done 1000% better to the people they shipped their faulty die0 rigs to. Instead, they were like "Meh, go away". It all went downhill after that. I see no reason to give them any benefit of the doubt, they have screwed the people who gave them the chance to exist. It's akin to killing your own mother, for money. Pretty disgusting and greedy. I don't accept the argument that companies can lie through their teeth and that is acceptable. It's not. It's only a reflection of the beliefs and attitudes of the people who own the company and make the decisions.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

Thanks, Syke. I appreciate the explanation. However, if KnC can achieve even .75W/Gh, at 6Th, that is sub 5000 watts. Is .75W/Gh out of the realm of plausibility?

Well, to get high efficiency, you need to run chips at a very slow speed. Getting high hashrate and high efficiency will require many chips, which makes for a very expensive option. While that is technically possible, it's naive to think KnC is going to be selling Neptunes at a loss.

Buy & Hold
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:32:31 AM

Hi everybody,

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

A lot of scam sites are appearing every day and we are not one of them, therefore we will not take any orders and are only registering interest.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Register an account now it’s completely free and if you subscribe to our newsletter we will alert you the moment we open the order books for entry and other information around the ASIC products.
If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them.

Happy mining

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:03:54 AM

Looking at the photo, confrontation on sidewalk in Japan, the MtGox owner doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will do seppuku.

Something is stinking very badly at MtGox.  On the 7th I e-registered my MtGox account with fincen, today on the 14th MtGox notifies me my account is flagged for AML.

ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:07:32 AM

Is it possible to get a refund in bitcoin, still calcaulted at 10,000$?  Or does it have to be a wire transfer?
arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:36:45 AM

Is it possible to get a refund in bitcoin, still calcaulted at 10,000$?  Or does it have to be a wire transfer?

Check the thread few pages back. I've been offered refund in BTC at Bitstamp's exchange rate from the time the refund takes place. They charged a $$ price, they refund the same amount of $$. I actually provided my bank account info into the email requesting refund but I've been told that due to the fact that I originally paid via Bitpay, I'll be refunded in BTC. I had 3 Neptunes on order, requested refund for all of them. Personally I do prefer BTC because there's no more declaration to the bank regarding the source of money and no more bank fees as well as exchange fees (I was planning on buying BTC anyways). Hat off to KNC for their gesture. The only weird fact about getting refunded with BTC is that would still take 3-10 business days and as i write this message, my orders are not yet refunded, while the request was sent on Wednesday.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:48:32 AM

Don't like quoting myself, buy I feel it relevant and the comment was lost in what I can only presume is pages of FUD as I stopped reading this tin foil hat thread.

So I was enquiring about refunds made in btc...... I said I dont have a bank account.

Refunds are processed in USD via bank transfer, Only management can approve BTC refunds and they are not given for single Neptune purchases.

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:10:20 AM

Man all those "Neptunes" (aka Jupiters and all the upgrade modules they were going to sell) people ordered sure look good in their new datacenter...  Getting ready for legal battles with customers and LARGE profits...  Fucked up... 

No word of course from KNC because they've got the money now to finish the project.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:28:33 AM

Man all those "Neptunes" (aka Jupiters and all the upgrade modules they were going to sell) people ordered sure look good in their new datacenter...  Getting ready for legal battles with customers and LARGE profits...  Fucked up... 

No word of course from KNC because they've got the money now to finish the project.

well you could be correct...knc is nice enough to pirate the rowboat and give you your old rowboat....and the price of the new rowboat back...
but they keep the NEW rowboat you we're supposed to get for their own use.....

bfl and the rest just toss you overboard ie no rowboat no refund nada

truth is I think the chip guys orsc or whatever the name is .the other half of KNC at...around xmas looked at the making of equip esp with 20mm and getting them ahead of customers before it was
overtaken by difficulty and told the powers that be..."hey this an't gonna work anymore" we will NEVER get stuff out fast enough out of house

they decided IF they control everything from chip design to mnfg of the stuff and it goes right to the hosting farm they MIGHT keep ahead of difficulty for their own farm and maybe can sell enough of the rest to keep chip development r & d for future stuff going as a result

this is actually very little difference in the Midwest where small/med sized farmers....started the more moden enclosed HOG and TURKEY operations...

the big co-op elevators and agri business conglomerates said hey that works for making money....if you are a grain elevator and you use the grain you buy at cost to feed large feedlots to your processing plants ..ie control all the process from grain to market...you can micromanage it all most of the front end at below retail costs

thus last 20yrs no more little guy (guess why they call it gh farming etc)

'plop' in my old rowboat and a voucher for the difference

*much like the revolutionary war in 1776....we need your mule here is some scrypt in the form of a voucher...via the revolution"

boy these ASIC wars are getting hard on the civilians

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:11:15 PM

Next wave of hw hitting the scene in ~10 weeks ?

KnC is getting more and more pressure I'd say.
3TH/s(+11% improvement) for >$10-13k is  becoming more and more a bad deal

ASICMiner gen 3 hardware pre-sales may be starting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg5153058#msg5153058

~$1800/TH, 600 watts/TH, due by Apr 20th.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:06:26 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 04:36:59 PM by Phoenix1969

Looking at the photo, confrontation on sidewalk in Japan, the MtGox owner doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will do seppuku.

Something is stinking very badly at MtGox.  On the 7th I e-registered my MtGox account with fincen, today on the 14th MtGox notifies me my account is flagged for AML.

WHOAH! Why would you be motivated to register your Gox account at Fincen? Especially since Fincen declared Miners were NOT money transmitters, and need not register? That literally makes it necessary for Fincen to requisition yet even more account info from Gox, and I'm sure they must LOVE that again.....  it literally forces an AML check flag, they have no choice, you did it by telling Fincen you were a transmitter within Gox; that's the literal function of registering.  I.E.  all fincen registrations are AML investigated, because that's what you actually apply for... approval....  which they need to review all your account information within Gox. So, the AML flag was placed there by you in reality. That just seems totally un-necessary, and dangerous!
Just curious?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:52:38 PM

Ok I am auctioning off my KNC controller board.  Link is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467568

I'll post this message one more time tomorrow in case this message gets buried.

Have a great weekend all!
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:42:34 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 05:58:19 PM by arousedrhino

Their whole attitude became contempful and greedy. They seemed to hate their customers.  disrespectful to completely ignore your customers after that kind of bombshell??

didn't people make  80-100 coins on October Jupiters? I have no idea what are your facts.

They know they f#@ked everyone over and now are just looking for an entirely new customer base of cloud hashing customers (and noobs to pay for their neptune, the name of their 6 month 3TH cloud hashing contract). They think their neptune customers are fucking idiots who can't see how they are being f#@ked over.

We don't know details of their offer. Before that it is not possible to judge. Any company in this business that does not allow customers to profit will NOT be successful.
I envision all kinds of possibilities with plan B, but i would refrain for now while KnC figures it out (don't want to give them some "bad" ideas).

Maybe if they shipped on Oct 1st, that 2 week delay has caused me to only mine 47 BTC so far. I could have bought 75 BTC instead of a Jupiter at the time of sale. Really doubt  I will ever ROI in BTC.
Pages: « 1 ... 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: