Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 [932] 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
LOM

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:09:59 AM

hehe =) where we are minig?  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:15:28 AM

Hello, bonjour guyz.

My miner's hashrate is going wrong, going down.
Does it happen to you?

Yes.  I'm losing a third of my actual hashrate.  Unfortunately, my shares are down by the same amount and hence my reward too.
This is not good.  I can't sustain this for long.  Sad
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:16:08 AM

what is going on? never seen that, my hashrate is almost equal to 0...

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:18:30 AM

Hello, bonjour guyz.

My miner's hashrate is going wrong, going down.
Does it happen to you?

Yes.  I'm losing a third of my actual hashrate.  Unfortunately, my shares are down by the same amount and hence my reward too.
This is not good.  I can't sustain this for long.  Sad

Goona go back to normal, a little issue and this is very rare Smiley

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
FUTURAMA

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:42:40 PM

Total average hash rate in last 60 minutes: 0 Mhash/s  Huh
moss

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

Hopefully, it's just a front end problem and the back end is still registering the hash, but my rewards are way down, so I have my doubts.

Edit: looks like it's been fixed! Grin
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:49:39 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 02:41:54 PM by dmwardjr

Just thought it would be nice to know within 5 minutes of them going down without having to check so often while I'm out of town working.
Just curious... if you're out of town working, what difference does it make?  You can't do anything about it and you will only be fretting.  It's not as as if you are there when the alarm beeps and you can spring into action.

There is such a thing as a "Static IP" that you can have at your house instead of a "Dynamic IP" to have access to the Airport Extreme Base Station.  

My S3's are connected to the Airport Extreme via "Assigned MAC IP" [Example:AC:CE:02:17:22:EC] through DHCP and not "static" on the miner's themselves.  I can connect to my Network "while I'm away from the house" with the static IP assigned to my house by my ISP to view surveillance cameras "and even connect to each S3 to do whatever I may need or want to do with them.

IF my wife is home and something needs to be "physically" done with anything, et al: rebooting the modem, I can ask here to do so.

PLEASE don't assume too much...  I'm trying to be nice.

I thought it was a legitimate question?  Yes, I am a "Newbie" when it comes to mining but I have enough "drive" and "knowhow" to TRY to figure things out to make things less "fretful" as possible.

So, please, IF anyone knows Bitmain Antminer S3's pretty well, I thought they might know if they have the capability to send an email to alert you IF THEY STOP HASHING?  NOT IF THEY GO COMPLETELY DOWN (no lights or activity whatsoever).

After looking in the S3's "System" [With it's sub-menus] and the S3's "Network" [With it's sub-menus] last night, it does not appear to have the ability to send emails.  However, I could have looked over it because of not knowing some of the protocols or whatever.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-at-risk-major-vulnerability-discovered-in-gnu-bash/

BITCOIN AT RISK: MAJOR VULNERABILITY DISCOVERED IN GNU BASH
 David Parker  25/09/2014  News 1 Comment

SHARES
TwitterFacebookSubscribe

dangerThe National Vulnerability Database has issued a critical security advisory about a major vulnerability in GNU Bourne Again Shell (Bash). GNU Bash is the command-line shell used in most operating systems based on Linux and Unix – including MacOS.

A Red Hat security advisory said:

“This issue is especially dangerous as there are many possible ways Bash can be called by an application,”

The GNU Bash vulnerability was first discovered by Stephane Schazelas. Arstechnica writes:

… is related to how Bash processes environmental variables passed by the operating system or by a program calling a Bash-based script. If Bash has been configured as the default system shell, it can be used by network–based attackers against servers and other Unix and Linux devices via Web requests, secure shell, telnet sessions, or other programs that use Bash to execute scripts.

Bitcoin at Major Risk

This is not a Bitcoin Core vulnerability. However, Bitcoin Core is stopped and started via the bash shell and can also be interacted with, via the bash shell.

The bash vulnerability is at a lower level – in a command line shell that is used by almost every Linux operating system and some of it’s components. For example:

the Python language popen module calls a bash process by default
Apache‘s mod_cgi runs CGI scripts written in bash, or spawn bash subshells
OpenSSH is the standard method of remotely logging into a Linux host and, typically, spawns a bash shell for the logged in user
PHP scripts are not vulnerable to this bash exploit nor are shell scripts which do not export variables. However, this is little consolation and an immediate bash upgrade is required on any *nix system (see below).

Miners, exchanges and anyone else running Linux hosted Bitcoin nodes are looking at vulnerable systems – the bash vulnerability effectively opens access to the Bitcoin Core process and any Bitcoin wallets hosted on the system.

Most mining hardware built on firmware running Linux will have remote login available via OpenSSH. Check with the manufacturer for their security solution.

What To Do: Immediate Security Steps

Every Version of Bash Since 1994

This security vulnerability affects GNU Bash versions 1.14 (released in 1994) through to the most recent version 4.3, according to NVD. The pervasive use of bash on systems across the internet means that the vulnerability is as serious as the Heartbleed bug. If you run a Linux (or any *nix) system it is most definitely vulnerable – and has been since it’s first boot.

Package Upgrade Now!

Your Linux distribution’s package repository should contain a patched version of bash that fixes the vulnerability.

Upgrade bash as soon as possible
Store access and audit logs for forensic analysis (should it later become apparent someone accessing your system exploited the bash vulnerability)
Search for rootkits via chkrootkit and rkhunter – a sensible initial step on any system right now
Ubuntu Linux currently has a fixed version of bash in package bash_4.3-7ubuntu1.1

Note that the version number is still 4.3, but the -7 suffix indicates that the package version has been bumped following application of a security patch.

CCN
How Does The Exploit Work?

Like most programming languages the bash shell allows for the definition of functions. A bash environment variable can contain code and, therefore, functions. This vulnerability takes advantage of the fact that any string following a function declaration is executed when bash reads an environmental variable containing such a function declaration. For example:

$ env x='() { :;}; echo vulnerable' bash -c "echo this is a test"
vulnerable
this is a test

In a patched version of the bash shell the command injection attempt above has the following output:

patched GNU bash 4.3 output

Introshine gives some examples of how the exploit may be used in practice:

That’s pretty serious. Most of the attack vector hits pretty specific server-type scenarios. Or running crafted bash scripts.

The exception is the DHCP attack vector. I’ll explain: What this actually does is the following: There is a protocol called DHCP – it gives the devices in your network an IP address. Normally, this is the router/server in your LAN.

Some guy could be running a 2nd DHCP server in a public LAN that gives out non-valid addresses or even a non-valid one. Because DHCP is a broadcast, your client will talk to this rogue server when he is the fastest to reply. So you would not even notice, but can still use the internet fine because after DHCP is done, the DHCP server is no longer needed for internet/network to function.

He could include a variable (mostly used to deploy Proxy settings etc). with a rogue string included, that string can be executed because Bash is broken – hence he could:

- Copy the wallet.dat over
– If DHCP client runs as root (some distro’s): Infect the machine with a keylogger/virus/rootkit
– etc.

GNU/Linux users and other OS’ses: Be safe, check your update repo if CVE-2014-6271 has been patched. Be wary of unknown network, especially open networks near Bitcoin events or hacker spaces.

Btw, Trezor, Co-sign wallets like Greenaddress and cold wallet unaffected.

For more details see the Red Hat security advisory pertaining to this issue.

This story will be updated as relevant facts come to light.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
TradersWay.JC

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:40:24 PM

What doesn't kill BTC will make it stronger.

Trader's Way - Forex & Binary Options Trading, Accepts Bitcoin - US Traders Accepted Smiley
Get a 100% Deposit Bonus when you sign up with us. Free VPS with deposits above $1000
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

What doesn't kill BTC will make it stronger.

After reading this article, I'm more concerned with someone hacking Slush's Pool than someone trying to hurt Bitcoin.

"Miners, exchanges and anyone else running Linux hosted Bitcoin nodes are looking at vulnerable systems – the bash vulnerability effectively opens access to the Bitcoin Core process and any Bitcoin wallets hosted on the system."

"Most mining hardware built on firmware running Linux will have remote login available via OpenSSH. Check with the manufacturer for their security solution."

jterry211

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:50:38 PM

Diff's gone wild... Time to add another S1 to compensate.

JT
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-at-risk-major-vulnerability-discovered-in-gnu-bash/

BITCOIN AT RISK: MAJOR VULNERABILITY DISCOVERED IN GNU BASH
 David Parker  25/09/2014  News 1 Comment

SHARES
TwitterFacebookSubscribe

dangerThe National Vulnerability Database has issued a critical security advisory about a major vulnerability in GNU Bourne Again Shell (Bash). GNU Bash is the command-line shell used in most operating systems based on Linux and Unix – including MacOS.

A Red Hat security advisory said:

“This issue is especially dangerous as there are many possible ways Bash can be called by an application,”

The GNU Bash vulnerability was first discovered by Stephane Schazelas. Arstechnica writes:

… is related to how Bash processes environmental variables passed by the operating system or by a program calling a Bash-based script. If Bash has been configured as the default system shell, it can be used by network–based attackers against servers and other Unix and Linux devices via Web requests, secure shell, telnet sessions, or other programs that use Bash to execute scripts.

Bitcoin at Major Risk

This is not a Bitcoin Core vulnerability. However, Bitcoin Core is stopped and started via the bash shell and can also be interacted with, via the bash shell.

The bash vulnerability is at a lower level – in a command line shell that is used by almost every Linux operating system and some of it’s components. For example:

the Python language popen module calls a bash process by default
Apache‘s mod_cgi runs CGI scripts written in bash, or spawn bash subshells
OpenSSH is the standard method of remotely logging into a Linux host and, typically, spawns a bash shell for the logged in user
PHP scripts are not vulnerable to this bash exploit nor are shell scripts which do not export variables. However, this is little consolation and an immediate bash upgrade is required on any *nix system (see below).

Miners, exchanges and anyone else running Linux hosted Bitcoin nodes are looking at vulnerable systems – the bash vulnerability effectively opens access to the Bitcoin Core process and any Bitcoin wallets hosted on the system.

Most mining hardware built on firmware running Linux will have remote login available via OpenSSH. Check with the manufacturer for their security solution.

What To Do: Immediate Security Steps

Every Version of Bash Since 1994

This security vulnerability affects GNU Bash versions 1.14 (released in 1994) through to the most recent version 4.3, according to NVD. The pervasive use of bash on systems across the internet means that the vulnerability is as serious as the Heartbleed bug. If you run a Linux (or any *nix) system it is most definitely vulnerable – and has been since it’s first boot.

Package Upgrade Now!

Your Linux distribution’s package repository should contain a patched version of bash that fixes the vulnerability.

Upgrade bash as soon as possible
Store access and audit logs for forensic analysis (should it later become apparent someone accessing your system exploited the bash vulnerability)
Search for rootkits via chkrootkit and rkhunter – a sensible initial step on any system right now
Ubuntu Linux currently has a fixed version of bash in package bash_4.3-7ubuntu1.1

Note that the version number is still 4.3, but the -7 suffix indicates that the package version has been bumped following application of a security patch.

CCN
How Does The Exploit Work?

Like most programming languages the bash shell allows for the definition of functions. A bash environment variable can contain code and, therefore, functions. This vulnerability takes advantage of the fact that any string following a function declaration is executed when bash reads an environmental variable containing such a function declaration. For example:

$ env x='() { :;}; echo vulnerable' bash -c "echo this is a test"
vulnerable
this is a test

In a patched version of the bash shell the command injection attempt above has the following output:

patched GNU bash 4.3 output

Introshine gives some examples of how the exploit may be used in practice:

That’s pretty serious. Most of the attack vector hits pretty specific server-type scenarios. Or running crafted bash scripts.

The exception is the DHCP attack vector. I’ll explain: What this actually does is the following: There is a protocol called DHCP – it gives the devices in your network an IP address. Normally, this is the router/server in your LAN.

Some guy could be running a 2nd DHCP server in a public LAN that gives out non-valid addresses or even a non-valid one. Because DHCP is a broadcast, your client will talk to this rogue server when he is the fastest to reply. So you would not even notice, but can still use the internet fine because after DHCP is done, the DHCP server is no longer needed for internet/network to function.

He could include a variable (mostly used to deploy Proxy settings etc). with a rogue string included, that string can be executed because Bash is broken – hence he could:

- Copy the wallet.dat over
– If DHCP client runs as root (some distro’s): Infect the machine with a keylogger/virus/rootkit
– etc.

GNU/Linux users and other OS’ses: Be safe, check your update repo if CVE-2014-6271 has been patched. Be wary of unknown network, especially open networks near Bitcoin events or hacker spaces.

Btw, Trezor, Co-sign wallets like Greenaddress and cold wallet unaffected.

For more details see the Red Hat security advisory pertaining to this issue.

This story will be updated as relevant facts come to light.

Maybe why the Price seems to heading back down again ?. I'm gonna bookmark this news site it looks very up to date .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:31:18 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 03:42:15 PM by dmwardjr

JT

The new Bitmain Antminer S4-Batch 1 is available now.

Speed:  2 TH/s

Weight:  16.2 kg

Price:  1450 USD (3.508 BTC)

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140916100720380cS1tRWd00684

The last price on a Bitmain Antminer S3+ was (.58 BTC) at Bitmaintech.  You had to make a minimum order of two (2) at a total of 1.16 BTC ($450.00 USD APPROX.)  The S4 has BUILT IN POWER SUPPLY (PSU) [Don't know how reliable the PSU is].  The S3's require additional purchase of PSU (APPROX. $129.00 for Corsair RM850 Gold on Amazon - pretty reliable).

So, 6 - S3's at $225.00 USD each [at present rate] = $1,350.00
      3 - Corsair AX860's at $169.00 each from Amazon = $387.00

TOTAL:  $1,737.00 for a combined total of 2.7 TH/s (6 - S3's)  [370 watts x 6 [if you include the watts consumed by power supply] = 2,220 watts total of power consumed.
             $1,500.00 approx. for five S3's with three power supplies to get 2.3 TH/s minimum [370 watts x 5 [if you include the watts consumed by power supply] = 1,850 watts total of power consumed.

The new S4 claims * Hash Rate: 2,000GH/s guaranteed * Power Efficiency: 0.69Watt/GH/s at the wall = 1380 watts of power consumed.  THAT IS LESS COST ON POWER CONSUMPTION VERSES the 1,850 watts for five (5) S3's to get 2.3 TH/s.

In comparison, the new S4 ($1450 USD) will save an additional 470 watts for every 5 S3's purchased ($1,500.00).  However, you get 300 GH/s more hashing power with the five (5) S3's.  The 370 watts more power consumed at the wall [with the five S3's] will be offset by the 300 GH/s extra hashing power more than likely.

$1,450.00 USD sounds like a fair price for 2 TH/s

jterry211

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:51:06 PM

JT

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140916100720380cS1tRWd00684

The last price on a Bitmain Antminer S3+ was (.58 BTC) at Bitmaintech.  You had to make a minimum order of two (2) at a total of 1.16 BTC ($450.00 USD APPROX.)  The S4 has BUILT IN POWER SUPPLY (PSU) [Don't know how reliable the PSU is].  The S3's require additional purchase of PSU (APPROX. $129.00 for Corsair RM850 Gold on Amazon - pretty reliable).

TOTAL:  $1,737.00 for a combined total of 2.7 TH/s (6 - S3's)  [370 watts x 6 [if you include the watts consumed by power supply] = 2,220 watts total of power consumed.
             $1,500.00 approx. for five S3's with three power supplies to get 2.3 TH/s minimum [370 watts x 5 [if you include the watts consumed by power supply] = 1,850 watts total of power consumed.

The new S4 claims * Hash Rate: 2,000GH/s guaranteed * Power Efficiency: 0.69Watt/GH/s at the wall = 1380 watts of power consumed.  THAT IS LESS COST ON POWER CONSUMPTION VERSES the 1,850 watts for five (5) S3's to get 2.3 TH/s.

In comparison, the new S4 ($1450 USD) will save an additional 470 watts for every 5 S3's purchased ($1,500.00).  However, you get 300 GH/s more hashing power with the five (5) S3's.  The 370 watts more power consumed at the wall [with the five S3's] will be offset by the 300 GH/s extra hashing power more than likely.

I have a couple S1's in the closet that i don't use since i got S3'S so every time the Diff goes up i add one to the rack and now im gonna upgrade them so i can keep ahead just a hair.

JT
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:19:46 PM

JT

I have a couple S1's in the closet that i don't use since i got S3'S so every time the Diff goes up i add one to the rack and now im gonna upgrade them so i can keep ahead just a hair.

JT

Sounds great!!!

I have ten (10) S3+'s going.  I first started mining with them September 22nd [When we found 13 blocks on Slush's Pool].  My first time to mine EVER!  Beginners luck I suppose...

I'm teaching a class next week.  I'm a contractor for CenturyLink.  I teach technicians how to use their meters to identify and locate troubles.  It's a four day course.  I used to teach as many as 42 to 45 classes a year.  I'm lucky to get 12 classes a year since 2010.  The economy has killed training budgets!  They cannot be as aggressive in training as they used to be until the economy changes for the better.  I clear approximately $4,500.00 for each class I teach.  I will use part of that to get 2 more miners and I'm using all of my bit coin I make from September 22 to November 22 to buy more S3's as well.  My goal is to have thirty (30) S3's going ASAP.  I have more classes coming up in November and December.

I bought two S1's through another seller on Amazon at $310.00 each but ended up canceling the order to buy ten S3's at $355.00 each BRAND NEW SHIPPED FROM BITMAIN.  It's cheaper to buy straight from Bitmain.  I used credit card to purchase them instead of cash.  Will be straight up cash from here on out.

That dude was upset I canceled the order on the two S1's.  He asked me why.  I didn't bother explaining.  HE KNEW WHY!!!  I got more than TWICE the hashing power with the S3's for only $45 more for each unit.  It was a no brainer!!!

I just bought a D Square 125 AMP sub panel to connect to the MAIN breaker panel.  I'm installing six (6) 20 AMP circuits (2400 watts each) to power up to thirty-six (36) S3's.  I will get busy installing six (6) 20 feet runs of 12/2 electrical wiring today and tomorrow.  I will not install the sub panel until I run the wire and install the receptacles (outlets) in the box I'm making for them near the racks I have set up in the recreation room downstairs.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:41:03 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 04:51:22 PM by dmwardjr

My mining pool experience was:

Slush -> Ghash.io -> Back to Slush and i'll stay here for the rest of my life.

Of course i did test some other pools but i didnt trust them, was gonna try Eligius but was much research time..meh

I switched over to BTC Guild with all of my 10 S3's going on it to figure out something.  What I figured out is the following:  .0186723 for 3 blocks in an 11 hour period.  I make .01746733 on average for each block we find on here.  That total for BTC Guild was for 3 BLOCKS.  

SLUSH RULES...    PERIOD!!!

I have to find 3 blocks on BTC for every 1 block we find on here!  It's a no brainer...   SLUSH RULES...   PERIOD!!!

The only way it would benefit me is if we did not find a block at all on here during that entire 11 hour period.  But how are we supposed to know that?  It's a gamble I'm not willing to take!!!

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

Of course i did test some other pools but i didnt trust them, was gonna try Eligius but was much research time..meh

I switched over to BTC Guild with all of my 10 S3's going on it to figure out something.  What I figured out is the following:  .0186723 for 3 blocks in an 11 hour period.  I make .01746733 on average for each block we find on here.  That total for BTC Guild was for 3 BLOCKS.  

I have to find 3 blocks on BTC for every 1 block we find on here!  It's a no brainer...   SLUSH RULES...   PERIOD!!!

The only way it would benefit me is if we did not find a block at all on here during that entire 11 hour period.  But how are we supposed to know that?  It's a gamble I'm not willing to take!!!

Translation:  Somebody who doesn't understand PPLNS compares per block rewards from one pool to another instead of actual earnings.  Also thinks 11 hours is sufficient to compare *any* pool to another.

With a proper test, you'd have found that BTC Guild will pay you *per block* about half of what Slush does once you have shares in every shift, and find them about twice as often.  The fees are identical, and BTC Guild pays NMC.  Statistically, it will provide better income over enough time as a result.  It is also unhoppable, while Slush's score system has been hoppable since 2011.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:41:05 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 07:43:34 PM by dmwardjr

The only way it would benefit me is if we did not find a block at all on here during that entire 11 hour period.  But how are we supposed to know that?  It's a gamble I'm not willing to take!!!

Translation:  Somebody who doesn't understand PPLNS compares per block rewards from one pool to another instead of actual earnings.  Also thinks 11 hours is sufficient to compare *any* pool to another.

With a proper test, you'd have found that BTC Guild will pay you *per block* about half of what Slush does once you have shares in every shift, and find them about twice as often.  The fees are identical, and BTC Guild pays NMC.  Statistically, it will provide better income over enough time as a result.  It is also unhoppable, while Slush's score system has been hoppable since 2011.

It's more simple than that:

It can be just one shift [even though I was in all 10 shifts for a combined total of more than 11 hours (1 hour 9 minutes for each shift)].

Two of my shifts had 3 blocks for a total reward of:  0.00186723 BTC [That was ALL 10 of my Bitmain S3's.]

IF you happen to have 3 blocks in all 10 shifts, simply multiply 0.00186723 x 10 shifts for a total of 0.0186723.

I'm not dumb.  It doesn't take 11 hours.  It would only take 1 shift with a block reward and simply do the math.  I did it during that 14 hour and 59 minute laps of time that we hit nothing on Slush.  So, I did make a little something during that 11 hours at BTC. I managed to make it back in time to Slush's pool to get .00981577 reward before that 15 hours dry spell came to a close.  That means one could add the .00981577 from slush and the .01631908 I earned during the 11 hours on BTC to come to a total of .02613485.  I simply got fortunate.  That's all.

So again, one could just use their hashing power during ONE SHIFT that has just 1 block reward [It doesn't take 3 block rewards; I just happened to get 3].  Simply multiply the shift reward for that 1 block times 10 shifts to come up with the total.  It's that simple.

Don't ASSUME I "don't understand" how to do math.

Don't ASSUME I would think I needed to be on their 10 shifts!  I just took a gamble THAT PAID OFF during that 14:59 minute dry spell we had here on slush!  I don't recommend taking that gamble like I did for that long.  I just got fortunate!  That's all...

I WOULD RECOMMEND STAYING ON SLUSH AND DON"T GAMBLE GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE.  ESPECIALLY FOR HOW LONG OF A PERIOD I STAYED AWAY!  I SIMPLY TOOK A GAMBLE THAT PAID OFF!

I wish I knew how many SHARES I could earn with my hashing power on BTC without hashing on their site.  IF I knew that, there would be no need to hash for even one shift.  One could simply go to the PPLNS STATS and look in PPLNS HISTORY.  THEN CLICK "VIEW" on one of the shifts; find you "shares" you could earn [IF you knew how many you could earn in a shift] then multiply the earnings from those shares by 10 shifts.  IT IS THAT SIMPLE

Don't assume things.  I was simply trying to help without going into a lot of great detail about the math.

Both pools would probably be close to the same if they both had approximately the same hashing power and same number of miners.  The difference in shares earned on BTC is much less than Slush because way more people mine on BTC than Slush.  Commonsense would tell someone their shares earned would be much less.  I found that I was 634th in rankings out of over 7,558 miners.  I was just curious what my shares would be and thought I would gamble while Slush was looking for a block and it paid off.  However, I don't feel it is worth the gamble again.

My opinion...

eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:10:30 PM

shhhhh, don't tell people about it being hoppable =)  just curious, did GAW have to ask permission to use your "BTCGuild" name as one of their own pools ?  i see they recently changed it to Genesis Guild or something like that.   

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:46:44 PM

shhhhh, don't tell people about it being hoppable =)  just curious, did GAW have to ask permission to use your "BTCGuild" name as one of their own pools ?  i see they recently changed it to Genesis Guild or something like that.  

Not sure what "GAW" is?

I can store 3 pools in each Antminer S3 in "Miner Configurations." I have Slush on #2 and BTC on #3.  I simply copy and paste from #2 or #3 into the #1 address pool to tell the S3 which pool I want to mine.  It takes no more than 1 minute to log into one of my S3's and change the pool address to the pool I wish to mine.  Even when I'm on the road training telephone technicians because I have a "static IP" assigned to my house.  This means I can connect to my network at the house while I'm away and have access to my S3's to monitor them, change clock speed, change pools, etc...

I have different "worker" names in each pool.  I don't have the same names on each pool.  I simply copy and past from one of the two pools I have already stored in #2 and #3 pool into the #1 pool choice.

I also have each S3 book marked and labeled as antMiner_1, antMiner_2, etc..  This way, once I log in to my network at the house, I simply click on the bookmark for whatever antMiner I wish to configure, monitor, etc...

Charter Communications did charge me another $20.00 each month for a static IP.  Which sucks, but it's worth having for monitoring video cameras and other things at the house. as well as having access to my antMiners while I'm away.

Pages: « 1 ... 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 [932] 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: