Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381779 times)
bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:39:16 PM

I think that when the exchange rate becomes stable enough people will begin keeping more coins. But when a major portion (or most of) their business is run using fiat currency, it makes no sense to keep coins and watch some of your investment go down 10% in a day.

Indeed, I completely agree with this part. Perfectly illustrates how early we are. Look into hedging, hopefully it will be a reality soon for bitcoin.

Also, stability comes with wider adoption and better coin distribution.

If you run a btc business the least you can do is to pay your expenses in btc (eg.: internet services and other things that you can buy with btc) and urge your suppliers/utility companies/employees to accept it.

I doubt the BTC will ever be stable enough for a company to keep its cash in BTC.
there are too many devious ways to manipulate it.
Companies only care about profit which means you must cash out asap. dropping on 1% is a 1% loss and a loss is bad, the ceo doesnt get a 10% bonus with a 1% loss!

You are correct Sir !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsav2121

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:41:05 PM

This is sort is sort if off topic.    (Slush seems to have been doing a bit bad lately since diff rise)

I'm sellingn some of my Antminer s1s to upgrade to s3s.   I'm not 100% on the whole how the shipping works.

Butm willing to sell $130 CAD ea miner.

Or 4 miners for $90 CAD EA 1 PSU for every 2 miners bought.

I'll also throw in a free 2gh/s USB miner for free.

I accept PayPal or payment by bitcoin.

Just send me a mssg if your interested.

I'm not reall dedicated to the s3 but all I need is a miner a bit more powerful than the s1.  

Offers???

s1's on ebay are dropping for $50-70 USD. r u saying $130 each?Huh

Well thats good for other people.  Loosing profit Tongue     why would i lower the price when i have tons of buyers?     I dont get it.   IF people dont want it or some shit,  why respond to it.  

People can sell em for w.e the hell they want, as long as  ur making money off it.  I've made $20-50 more than what I spent to buy them/

Testy Testy...

JT

He's not being testy your being a jerk, mind you own business its a free country he can ask anything he wants for his stuff without you throwing your 2 cents into something
that is non of your business.

Bob

Kinda like you just did there bob throwing in your 2 cents your not a moderator.  Yes its a free country and he can ask what he wants. Honestly i don't care if he asks $50 or $5000 its his business I was joking (was meant to be a tongue emoticon not ...) but now your the one being a Jerk. Last i Checked  this was an open forum and anything anyone posts is everyone's business.

JT

Bite me your the one who stuck his nose in somebody else's business.

If you want to take this outside I'll meet you after class in the school yard ..

Wow that escalated quickly.  You stuck yours in mine then so There nanana booboo  Tongue  

JT

Why are people so freaking immature.    Its pretty sad that people can't be matue and just simple... LET IT GO.

Its All over what I was selling my miners for.  Because someone had to make a deal that I'm selling then for $130 and buddy had to make a comment.

Bottom line WHO GUVES A SHIT you poor babies are just mad I'm selling mine for more money than u made wiith them.      

As Bob says.   Stay out if other peoples business,  if we/I wanted your assistance or 2 cents I would ask for it.

Iv already sold some miners at $130 and I'm selling more this week.

So all you people bitxhing and complaining well.  Its sad.   Very sad.

Off 3 miners iv already made $20-40 more than what I spent.    And its only getting better.

So please you complainers.   Unless you have anything nice to say.... Please stop whining and complaining.  And drop it.

Thank you
Bob
TradersWay.JC

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:46:59 PM

I think that when the exchange rate becomes stable enough people will begin keeping more coins. But when a major portion (or most of) their business is run using fiat currency, it makes no sense to keep coins and watch some of your investment go down 10% in a day.

Indeed, I completely agree with this part. Perfectly illustrates how early we are. Look into hedging, hopefully it will be a reality soon for bitcoin.

If you run a btc business the least you can do is to pay your expenses in btc (eg.: internet services and other things that you can buy with btc) and urge your suppliers/utility companies/employees to accept it.

I doubt the BTC will ever be stable enough for a company to keep its cash in BTC.
Companies only care about profit which means you must cash out asap. dropping on 1% is a 1% loss and a loss is bad, the ceo doesnt get a 10% bonus with a 1% loss!

Absolutely. We don't currently support Forex accounts whose base currency is Bitcoin because it is just too risky. Thus, we must convert the funds to USD and sell right away. With such a long down trend, and with BTC being 33% of its value from 10 months ago, we would have suffered large losses without converting to fiat.

On a happy note -- a good day for Slush!

Trader's Way - Forex & Binary Options Trading, Accepts Bitcoin - US Traders Accepted Smiley
Get a 100% Deposit Bonus when you sign up with us. Free VPS with deposits above $1000
TradersWay.JC

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:48:29 PM

Yes, a business like Bitcointalk is able to operate in Bitcon so successfully because all of its overhead is also paid in Bitcoin. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Trader's Way - Forex & Binary Options Trading, Accepts Bitcoin - US Traders Accepted Smiley
Get a 100% Deposit Bonus when you sign up with us. Free VPS with deposits above $1000
wasikidding

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:52:10 AM

Angry Angry Angry Angry what no one else danced only got 7 not 10 sheeeesh jk much better day after a brutal last few

BTC ADDY just in case you are my rich uncle lol 1KCQ4fXa3mWBvBsYRLmWY4QHqBa4ZYFdh6
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:01:15 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 04:13:51 AM by toptek

Bitcoin Bank Finally Opens.....

Wow, no more "Back Alley" bitcoin transactions. Online wallets that are insured. No wait time like Coinbase. Credit Cards accepted with no hassles and no fees. Deposit or fund straight from your normal Bank. F2A protection.
It's called Circle. I linked to article, you Google site yourself. Tried it out today, EASY-SAFE-QUICK.

http://www.cnet.com/news/bitcoin-startup-circle-opens-to-the-public-around-the-world/

hey man only problem I had was the F2A no cell phone at least coinbase lets me use my Home phone , i see more and more every day i may just have to  break down  and get a smart Phone that's the old School in me . been tiring to avoid a cell phone for years. i wasn't kidding when i said I don't care for that stuff I don't i love the WEbb but some of it can be a bit extreme for  me  and found that dark place on the BiTcoin site to day I knew i would sooner later but these site are the  only one  of this kind and  all searches lead to bitcoin.com forums. "_ .  well any way once i get a smart phone in the next days i hope I'll keep using CB.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

Angry Angry Angry Angry what no one else danced only got 7 not 10 sheeeesh jk much better day after a brutal last few
you are correct sir, I didn't have time to dance this time. However, We will take 7 a day anyday Smiley
desired_username

Activity: 877
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:11:40 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 01:17:21 PM by desired_username

In my opinion it has a chance...If enough people and businesses adopt it (it doesn't even have to be legit or in 1st world countries). I think manipulation is not the best word. Bitcoin markets can be easily moved at this stage that's all.

EDIT: Volatility is a known factor for businesses. Again look up hedging. Airlines hedge against fluctuations in fuel prices for example.

Yes, a business like Bitcointalk is able to operate in Bitcon so successfully because all of its overhead is also paid in Bitcoin. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Location matters. In the beginning there wasn't any accepting places anywhere and look at the progress now.

Bitcoin is built by the community not forced by a government or pushed by companies with huge budgets. If nobody worked in their free time to improve the scene then we couldn't have reached the current level.
bigbitmine

Activity: 196

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:04:01 PM

This is sort is sort if off topic.    (Slush seems to have been doing a bit bad lately since diff rise)

I'm sellingn some of my Antminer s1s to upgrade to s3s.   I'm not 100% on the whole how the shipping works.

Butm willing to sell $130 CAD ea miner.

Or 4 miners for $90 CAD EA 1 PSU for every 2 miners bought.

I'll also throw in a free 2gh/s USB miner for free.

I accept PayPal or payment by bitcoin.

Just send me a mssg if your interested.

I'm not reall dedicated to the s3 but all I need is a miner a bit more powerful than the s1.   

Offers???

s1's on ebay are dropping for $50-70 USD. r u saying $130 each?Huh

Well thats good for other people.  Loosing profit Tongue     why would i lower the price when i have tons of buyers?     I dont get it.   IF people dont want it or some shit,  why respond to it. 

People can sell em for w.e the hell they want, as long as  ur making money off it.  I've made $20-50 more than what I spent to buy them/

Testy Testy...

JT

He's not being testy your being a jerk, mind you own business its a free country he can ask anything he wants for his stuff without you throwing your 2 cents into something
that is non of your business.

Bob

and I can ask if he meant $130 when they are selling for under $80 on ebay...
  The odd thing is to get all angry cuz someone noted they are much cheaper somewhere else...
When u r buying its ok but when u r selling its OMG no u dint!

Loo EXACTLY.

And if people would read first.... It usually says.    "Mssg me to work something out".  Yet people just complain and complain about ur cost or offer or w.e

This is another reason iblove slush.      Respect.  And care  some of u have.... And lots ofnit

Well I've been buying loads of S1's on ebay for next to nothing.  Fed up waiting for Bitmain to produce batch 10.  Plus 4 S1's for £160 gives me much more hashing compared to S3 cost.  Power is not an issue before anyone mentions it.  The main issue I have I they're VERY noisy compared to S3.

Franklin16422

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:18:24 PM

SEVEN blocks already today with nearly half the day left!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
moss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:34:41 PM

SEVEN blocks already today with nearly half the day left!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Looks like Slush is on another roll!  Grin Grin Grin
TradersWay.JC

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:50:37 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 06:05:34 PM by TradersWay.JC

Looks like Slush is on another roll!  Grin Grin Grin

Love seeing that 200%! Now we just gotta wait for BTC to poke above $400 again

Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:55:51 PM

The luck is nice, but all these pool hoppers sucks!

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
RogMiner

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:37:17 PM

Last night I upgraded my Antminer S1's to S3's but left the firmware the same. Later on I upgraded the firmware and set about setting the clock speeds to see what hashing rate I could get.

After nearly 24 hours I have a stable S3 hashing at 499GH/s and one S3 hashing at 466GH/s if I try and push the second one to 499GH/s it starts to show errors so i guess that 466 is its limit.

Anyway that two successful upgrades and here's hoping that they will generate enough to pay for themselves and maybe even make a little on top.

It's great to see that luck is currently on our side but remember every bit of good luck will one day be matched with a similur bit of bad luck. I love mining with Slush and will keep going as long as I can, I have tried GHash and others but Slush is just more fun, I do however keep GHash as my backup just in case Slush goes down, although to date I have never needed to use it.

I am happy to keep mining even though the Bitcoin price is dropping as I am quietly hopeful that one day it will bounce back and when that happens my Bitcoins will be worth something substantial, until then I guess i will just keep swapping electricity for Bitcoins.

In an attempt to help with the electricity costs I have recently invested in some solar panels so as soon as they are fitted to the roof they will pay for about half of my bitcoin energy usage, and i hope to upgrade the solar system later on next year to cover the other half (Happy days!).
bobsav2121

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:53:36 PM

I pointing more hardware here so kiss your blocks goodbye ..
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

Somebody (probably another pool that mines pools) has pointed apx. 12 PH at us so we are probably screwed for a while. Seems like every time this happens block times go to 12+ hours and our rewards plummet. I know the extra hash should help us solve faster but history here shows the opposite. Hope I am wrong this time.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
bspurloc

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:38:09 PM

and I can ask if he meant $130 when they are selling for under $80 on ebay...
  The odd thing is to get all angry cuz someone noted they are much cheaper somewhere else...
When u r buying its ok but when u r selling its OMG no u dint!

Loo EXACTLY.

And if people would read first.... It usually says.    "Mssg me to work something out".  Yet people just complain and complain about ur cost or offer or w.e

This is another reason iblove slush.      Respect.  And care  some of u have.... And lots ofnit

Well I've been buying loads of S1's on ebay for next to nothing.  Fed up waiting for Bitmain to produce batch 10.  Plus 4 S1's for £160 gives me much more hashing compared to S3 cost.  Power is not an issue before anyone mentions it.  The main issue I have I they're VERY noisy compared to S3.

OMG! How dare you mention S1's are next to nothing on ebay... when someone is trying to sell them in this thread, and selling them quite well, and more selling right now as I type!  regardless of your inconsiderate mentions of proper prices.
How uncaring and unprofessional of you! I mean it is ok to bash bitmain for charging too much but if u note someone is seeking 2x todays prices then OMG OMG... red face angry man time.

Yeah I could load up on tons of S1's in my server room but I would put the circuits at too much of a load... sigh!
that is why I went with upgrade kits. although I probably should have just got s3's and sold the s1's even though I would only get around $75 for them at the time... but it is good to know people here will pay $130+

and BTW, I moved some stuff back here so we are going to have 10 hour blocks again. SIGH...
I was staring at it last night and went to do something else, come back check and block block block... each time oh well
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

^ That is actually a good observation. We get in a good pocket of solving blocks, the hoppers come and "rock the boat" and out of the pocket we go.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
RogMiner

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

I think that people see the luck growing with Slush and point there hardware here, the problem is that by the time they identify that we are being lucky the luck is probably running out so then block times grow and our rewards drop. This is the downside of luck, it can be good or bad and no one can ever tell how long it will last.

The big problem is that many miners are both greedy and stupid (present company excepted, obviously) and therefore they move their hashing power around thinking they will make a fast buck, instead they probably actually do worse because of it, and don't even realise.

The other explanation is that all minders are neither greedy nor stupid but instead a pool has failed and many miners have failed over to slush, its just a coincidence that this always seems to happen whenever Slush is experiencing a run of good luck.

It is what it is and frankly I welcome the new hashing power, I only wish they would stay and make Slush even bigger. Personally I think Slush deserves to be at least 20PH/s.
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

@sic1490
 That is actually a good observation. We get in a good pocket of solving blocks, the hoppers come and "rock the boat" and out of the pocket we go.

Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: