Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
EasyQuest

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:51:05 AM

With the setup I have, I can have a hot sauna during the day. But seriously it is so hot I have to retreat to my room or down stairs. With the high temperatures around 85-87, I do not know how I am going to mine during deep summer temperature in the 100's...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sagamore9

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:34:30 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:04:42 AM

With the setup I have, I can have a hot sauna during the day. But seriously it is so hot I have to retreat to my room or down stairs. With the high temperatures around 85-87, I do not know how I am going to mine during deep summer temperature in the 100's...
Move the computers outside...

Put a fan in the window, and seal-off the AC to that room... (Two fans, one blowing in, one sucking-out... move the computer exhaust right near the one exhausting out the room. To a computer 100F(38c) is nice and cool! Compared to the 176F (80c) of the GPU.)
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:09:23 AM

Also you can lower your clocks by 10%

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:18:23 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 08:29:12 AM by ISAWHIM

Also you can lower your clocks by 10%
I set all my clocks 15 minutes behind.. didn't help.. just got me to work late!

JK

Note on the "numbers"... You have to remember that "shares" have ID's... and a DIFF 1 share may come back solved after DIFF 1, or 2, or 30, or 458, or 1.4K.... Thus, it arrives "late"... sooo... initially it will be added to the count when it "arrives", in the "next block"... but when "calculated" hours later, it is sorted by ID#... thus, it moves back into the correct block below. So your adjustment is correct, sort-of... (It should be half and half, but that is a little more complex to process. Starting in block 222, but finishing in block 223, and in block 222 you had 0.000021% of the work-load, but in block 223 you had 0.000032% of the workload, so it looks like you lost a little as it moves back to where it should have been, in the lower share-stack.)

If the SHARE identified itself as the ID, in the "final results" or the "final results" were what was recorded for you to see... you would never notice it.

P.S. that is also how you get strange hash-rates... because you "are still solving" a share from the last-update... which comes back with a crazy-high number in the next update of your hash-rate. Like returning a DIFF 380/1... thus your prior hash calculation is short by 380, and the hash estimate now is +380 more than it should be, on the new hash-rate.

That plus network lag... delivering late packets. But TCP always delivers... so you ALWAYS get credit. It resends until it makes it home.

P.S. "Best share" should be correctly labeled "worst share"... It took LONGER, and thus, was "bad"... a "best", would be finding a 1/1 on every DIFF 1 share... not finding a DIFF 1 after 380 share-times (DIFF 380/1)
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:30:27 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.
Yes and your point is? Probably everyone know that... Well some newbies might not. This is not an issue. The problem is that the pool is failing and Slush is not addressing that. It is reasonable assumption that this should happen. Many of us like Slush pool but if you take Slush away is only a pool. So following your thinking I did what needs to be done and remove miners for this pool. But I would like to put them back as soon as we have Slush pool back.
mr_john

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:57:26 AM

P.S. "Best share" should be correctly labeled "worst share"... It took LONGER, and thus, was "bad"... a "best", would be finding a 1/1 on every DIFF 1 share... not finding a DIFF 1 after 380 share-times (DIFF 380/1)

You didn't understand the share system.

The pool gives you the block data for the next bitcoin block and you are trying to find a matching hash value. The global bitcoin network requires that the found hash value must at least be of difficulty 12mio (at the moment) to be accepted (doesn't matter if the hash value has accidently even higher difficulty, it just has to be >12mio).

On the other hand your pool does not ask you "just work and tell me if you found a hash value which has a difficulty >12mio" because this way he wouldn't hear very often from you and would not know if you really are doing some work.

So instead the pool asks you: "try to find a matching hash with difficulty >12mio and to prove me that you are really trying also send me every hash which has a difficulty better than 1 (and let's call these "shares"). And if someone accidentily really finds a hash value with diff >12mio the pool can broadcast it to the global bitcoin network and we all get the reward

So the string "DIFF 380/1" just means that the pool required you to submit a hash value of difficulty 1 and you just sent him an even better one with difficulty 380. And the best share was your best found value until now. It's just informative. Doesn't say anything on how long it took.

I simplified a little, but hope you get the picture.
john Smiley
ewitte

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:11:08 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.

Its not reasonable because we actually are doing work.   I would add though if one consistently got nothing there is no point in doing bitcoin at all.  

Weirdness aside I still seem to pull more off Slush than other similar pools which is when I came back after a few days.  IDK it could be the blocks that everyone complains about sometimes I get 3-4x reward off a block when there is a reset near the end.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
goatmonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:39:20 PM

Is there a way to find out the total number of BTC mined since joining the pool?

biz

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:43:57 PM

Is there a way to find out the total number of BTC mined since joining the pool?

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/transactions/

But only if you didn't change your BTC address provided there.
goatmonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Oh hahaha thanks!

oroboras

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:48:06 PM

18226    2013-05-26 13:56:43    2:04:08    18252665    2769    0.00380921    4002.18272667    238029    25.11921600    confirmed

So, where are my 4002.1827667 Namecoins, huh? XD

Slight calculation error I think.

( Shame that, I could have done with 20something BTC worth of money right now Tongue )
Pt0x

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:09:51 PM

18226    2013-05-26 13:56:43    2:04:08    18252665    2769    0.00380921    4002.18272667    238029    25.11921600    confirmed

So, where are my 4002.1827667 Namecoins, huh? XD

Slight calculation error I think.

( Shame that, I could have done with 20something BTC worth of money right now Tongue )

18226   2013-05-26 13:56:43   2:04:08   18252665   3157   0.00417417   3147.16816922   238029   25.11921600    confirmado

I have the same "error". Guess there is a big problem with that block.

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
sagamore9

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:37:35 PM

Hi, this is a job.  It is recording the Bitcoin transactions and maintaining the security of the Bitcoin network.  Many people in the Internet industry make a living by maintaining computers that perform some type of service such as web hosting, database administration, running data servers, etc.

This bitcoin is a risk, risk will pay you money or make you lose money, but it is a risk.  Not a job, a job will pay you for x amount of work.  In a way you can expect to get paid for x amount of work in a pool, but you still are taking a risk.  Sorry if you can't see it that way.  But that is what it is.  If you have invested large sums of money to mine bitcoin, there is no guarantee you will receive what reward you expect, there is no guarantee here.  I don't care, or rather it don't care how much math you throw at it.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:50:22 PM

Hi, this is a job.  It is recording the Bitcoin transactions and maintaining the security of the Bitcoin network.  Many people in the Internet industry make a living by maintaining computers that perform some type of service such as web hosting, database administration, running data servers, etc.

This bitcoin is a risk, risk will pay you money or make you lose money, but it is a risk.  Not a job, a job will pay you for x amount of work.  In a way you can expect to get paid for x amount of work in a pool, but you still are taking a risk.  Sorry if you can't see it that way.  But that is what it is.  If you have invested large sums of money to mine bitcoin, there is no guarantee you will receive what reward you expect, there is no guarantee here.  I don't care, or rather it don't care how much math you throw at it.

This is true, but that does not mean that we dont have the right to complain when things dont work the way that they are supposed to here.  Slush is not doing this for free.  When we mine here we follow the pay out system that slush has in place. It is like a deal that we make with him.  When things dont go according to that deal, and he doesnt acknowledge anything is wrong or do anything to correct it, he broke that deal.  I trust slush to make things right, when he is told about it, but he has been curiously absent for a while now.  Anyone that says we dont have a right to complain at all about him not following through on our "deal" on HIS end, is an iddiot. By that same logic, no one has a right to complain when WE dont follow through with the "deal" on our end and pool hop, or hack/trick the system into giving us a higher payout.

People need to chill out a bit,freaking out when someone points out that something is wrong when the payout system isnt working.
5120-01-518-6126

Activity: 174

< My mining rig >

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:26:43 PM

If I take risk to mean the possibility of things happening that are outside of one's control, everything involves risk (e.g., my boss may default on a loan to the business and I'll find the doors locked and the pay I've earned gone when I show up in the morning).

Gain (or loss) on some risk-taking endeavor is always affected by those who make better (or worse) guesses than I, have better (or worse) timing than I, or do a better (or worse) job of scamming.  Still, I go to work in the mornings, I invest in the stock markets, I mine bitcoins, and I hope for more than enough profit in the long run to offset my losses.
sagamore9

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:32:03 PM

ahhh yes you will complain, wish there were a thread for that alone so I wouldn't have to sift thru all of it to get to the meat and potatoes, not that you don't have that right.  But, yet I had not mentioned that so you did introduce that into the point I made, yes you will complain.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

Pretty much, a job is what you do for a living. Some jobs have more risk than others. For some, mining Bitcoins could indeed be their job. For others it could be a Hobby or Entertainment.
stephengillon

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:46:16 PM

ahhh yes you will complain, wish there were a thread for that alone so I wouldn't have to sift thru all of it to get to the meat and potatoes, not that you don't have that right.  But, yet I had not mentioned that so you did introduce that into the point I made, yes you will complain.

This guy obviously just got into bitcoin and only knows it as he reads in the news, Yes sure bitcoin is a risk. BUT we do "work" and if you dont pay your "employees" you wont have any workers thus your business dies and you have no money.

The point to us giving slush figures and letting him know we think something wrong is to FIND OUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG, otherwise problems can just go on with out anyone notice. Just like the error in the bitcoinid last week with the invaild blocks, slush may or may not have noticed if no body complained.

So get your head out of your ass and screw off if you dont like it, Were here to help in the overall pool health. Were not here demanding he pay us more were just saying shares seem off by mathematical calculations and obviously you cant do that otherwise you would probably notice a difference to.

sagamore9

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:55:28 PM

This guy obviously just got into bitcoin and only knows it as he reads in the news, Yes sure bitcoin is a risk. BUT we do "work" and if you dont pay your "employees" you wont have any workers thus your business dies and you have no money.

The point to us giving slush figures and letting him know we think something wrong is to FIND OUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG, otherwise problems can just go on with out anyone notice. Just like the error in the bitcoinid last week with the invaild blocks, slush may or may not have noticed if no body complained.

So get your head out of your ass and screw off if you dont like it, Were here to help in the overall pool health. Were not here demanding he pay us more were just saying shares seem off by mathematical calculations and obviously you cant do that otherwise you would probably notice a difference to.

ahhh yes you have shown me your level of education as well.  If you can't understand what I'm saying sorry, no need for name calling here, maybe you need to blow (hahahaha) some steam off.
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: