Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2016, 08:32:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.0 (New!) [Torrent]. Make sure you verify it.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: What type of pool payouts do you prefer?
Bitcoins - 3151 (80.4%)
Bank transfer / USD - 407 (10.4%)
Gold/silver coins and bars - 359 (9.2%)
Total Voters: 3915

Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... 1104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [40+ PH] SlushPool (slushpool.com); World's First Mining Pool  (Read 3856169 times)
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:16:44 AM

I wonder if the total volume is balanced out across the pool?

i.e. if x people are being underpaid, are y people being overpaid on that block, equal to the full volume of BTC per that block?

Or is there a deficit?
No it is balanced out. nottm28 is example of this. He got 4 times normal on one of the blocks and it didn't get fixed so my guess is that system didn't detect a mistake. As I was saying. I saw 20% mistake not being fixed so for positive mistake this number must be much higher. But the number of underpaid is bigger then number of overpaid. I newer got overpaid or even see mistake in positive direction so I guess it must be a number of underpaid allot bigger then overpaid or they are always the same peoples.

EDIT: Probably if I would not be afraid that Slush will fixed this I could say to myself that it will balance out. But Slush might came back and start taking care of his pool and if I would be just loosing out till then... Well you get the idea...

yep

donations not accepted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:38:59 AM

Only once did I show a larger than normal payout...it was about 20 times normal...everyone was claiming the block was off and it was adjusted and my payout went back to normal. Now I had a lot of questionable lower ones that were never adjusted and have had a lot that were adjusted. And had the one that was never posted but Slush made up for on the next one. I guess with so many problems it kind of makes us all look for mistakes even if they are there or not.  I do notice my payouts seem lower when the pool hash rate is higher ?

██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████                                    █████
█████           ▄█▄        ▄█▄           █████
█████          ████████████████          █████
█████           ▀████████████▀           █████
█████           ████▀    ▀████           █████
█████           ████▄    ▄████           █████
█████           ▄████████████▄           █████
█████           ▀█▀        ▀█▀           █████
▄██████████████████████████▄
██                        ██
██             ▄█▀███████████
██              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

████████████████████████████
██                 ▄███▀  ██
██             ▄▄██▀▀  ▄█ ██
██     ▄    ▄███▀▀  ▄███  ██
██    ██▄▄██▀▀   ▄█████   ██
██   ████▀▀  ▄▄██▀▀ ▀█    ██
██  █▀▀   ▄▄██▀           ██
██    ▄▄███▀              ██
██▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██

██  ████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██     ▀█▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██    ██
██      ██         ██     ██
██       ███████████      ██
██        ▄▄     ▄▄       ██
██       ▀██▀   ▀██▀      ██
██                       ▄██
██                     █████
██         ▄         ███▀ ██
██       ▄███     ▄███▀   ██
██   ▄▄███▀▀███▄████▀     ██
██▄▄███▀     ▀███▀        ██
████▀                     ██

▄███████████▄  ██████████████
█           █  █            █
██████▀██████  ██████▀███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lucko

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:41:27 AM

Well, of course, when my ASICs arrive, it will be of a lot more concern to me.

I guess my low hashrate (and - believe it or not - easy going nature) clouds my judgement a bit.

I wonder what is causing the miscalculations?
From what I can see and was reported on forum is the reset of the score. Some workers don't get resetted. And since they have really hi score compeer to the rest of the workers they got a big reword. I have no idea why... But if I have to guess I would say they just send a share when a reset accrued and after the reset system re-entered a previous score. But this is only speculation...
nottm28

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:43:48 AM

I'm happy to post my java code here if others want to see what they 'really' get as time goes by...

[EDIT] you just need to run it on a box that has 24x7 internet access - i.e. one of your mining servers...

donations not accepted
Lucko

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:44:00 AM

Only once did I show a larger than normal payout...it was about 20 times normal...everyone was claiming the block was off and it was adjusted and my payout went back to normal. Now I had a lot of questionable lower ones that were never adjusted and have had a lot that were adjusted. And had the one that was never poasted but Slush made up for. I guess with so many problems it kind of makes us all look for mistakes even if they are there or not.  I do notice my payouts seem lower when the pool hash rate is higher ?
Yes payouts are smaller but you get more of them... So it is the same. But if you are looking only last days you need to know that difficulty went up.
TiborB

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:52:27 AM

Using a bit of simple java to read slush's api - I am now storing all results going forward - here's what I have for the last 96 blocks...

Pretty consistent I find... Note the result for 237575 - I don't mind admitting this was way more than expected and others complained about this block.

block=start_time,duration,reward,hashes,luck,difficulty,confirmations
238076=2013-05-26 22:26:09,0:42:39,0.00722143,10284,0.93,12153411,
(...)

[EDIT] my post is longer than yours Smiley

I store stats of blocks found by the pool since the DDoS mid April, and also plot various charts via gnuplot every 6 hours - all automated via cron & a couple of scripts.
I also include the difficulty increase so I can correlate it with the trends in my cumulative reward. But I do not think it would be a bright idea to paste all the data right here Smiley

Using http://pastebin.com/ or similar services for bulk data could help a lot in keeping posts short and to the point.

Cheers,
   T
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:53:32 AM

Only once did I show a larger than normal payout...it was about 20 times normal...everyone was claiming the block was off and it was adjusted and my payout went back to normal. Now I had a lot of questionable lower ones that were never adjusted and have had a lot that were adjusted. And had the one that was never poasted but Slush made up for. I guess with so many problems it kind of makes us all look for mistakes even if they are there or not.  I do notice my payouts seem lower when the pool hash rate is higher ?
Yes payouts are smaller but you get more of them... So it is the same. But if you are looking only last days you need to know that difficulty went up.

Yes I seen the difficulty went up and do understand the payouts are smaller and that we should find more with the higher hash rates.... I guess it all seems right .. but I  like when the hash rate drops below 9500GHS as my payout goes up and then hope for those 2 -5 mins blocks!

I am still mining and plan on staying but it does concern me when it took so long to get people to agree that we have a problem as we did last week with all the invailds and to understand when certain block payouts are not  normal at all.

█████           ▄█▄        ▄█▄           █████
█████           ▀████████████▀           █████
█████           ████▀    ▀████           █████
█████           ████▄    ▄████           █████
█████           ▄████████████▄           █████
█████           ▀█▀        ▀█▀           █████
██             ▄█▀███████████
██              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀

████████████████████████████
██                 ▄███▀  ██
██             ▄▄██▀▀  ▄█ ██
██     ▄    ▄███▀▀  ▄███  ██
██    ██▄▄██▀▀   ▄█████   ██
██   ████▀▀  ▄▄██▀▀ ▀█    ██
██  █▀▀   ▄▄██▀           ██
██    ▄▄███▀              ██
██▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██

██  ████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██     ▀█▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██    ██
██      ██         ██     ██
██       ███████████      ██
██        ▄▄     ▄▄       ██
██       ▀██▀   ▀██▀      ██
██                       ▄██
██                     █████
██         ▄         ███▀ ██
██       ▄███     ▄███▀   ██
██   ▄▄███▀▀███▄████▀     ██
██▄▄███▀     ▀███▀        ██
████▀                     ██

▄███████████▄  ██████████████
██████▀██████  ██████▀███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
oroboras

Activity: 238

A miners life for me...with a bit of trading...

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:57:50 AM

Show off Tongue

So are your payouts.

And your hashrate.

I feel so inadequate now Cry

C'mon ASIC's, arrive already XD

[EDIT] This is a humourous post, btw Cheesy

Have I said something wonderful or witty? It's unlikely, but if so all donations:
BTC: 1G5LdcMUSJtZV8qxaUCfgGNUV96vNgPSeF  Anime: AGWj6VWBAb1qRoBobhvxUUnULwqBTanh9f
Doge: DAE5JeKkBcr79TqYcPWf6qaAR2xKqa6hv1 MaxCoin: mNyovmbEDkdH7sFVxguoAid9m7pWCa2XeM
nottm28

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:08:02 AM

Show off Tongue

So are your payouts.

And your hashrate.

I feel so inadequate now Cry

C'mon ASIC's, arrive already XD

[EDIT] This is a humourous post, btw Cheesy

I get it Smiley

[EDIT] Note also the payouts going down over (a short period of) time - as the difficulty increases and the overall community hash rate increases...

donations not accepted
EasyQuest

Activity: 198

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:51:05 AM

With the setup I have, I can have a hot sauna during the day. But seriously it is so hot I have to retreat to my room or down stairs. With the high temperatures around 85-87, I do not know how I am going to mine during deep summer temperature in the 100's...
sagamore9

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:34:30 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:04:42 AM

With the setup I have, I can have a hot sauna during the day. But seriously it is so hot I have to retreat to my room or down stairs. With the high temperatures around 85-87, I do not know how I am going to mine during deep summer temperature in the 100's...
Move the computers outside...

Put a fan in the window, and seal-off the AC to that room... (Two fans, one blowing in, one sucking-out... move the computer exhaust right near the one exhausting out the room. To a computer 100F(38c) is nice and cool! Compared to the 176F (80c) of the GPU.)

PrintMule

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:09:23 AM

Also you can lower your clocks by 10%

ISAWHIM

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:18:23 AM

Also you can lower your clocks by 10%
I set all my clocks 15 minutes behind.. didn't help.. just got me to work late!

JK

Note on the "numbers"... You have to remember that "shares" have ID's... and a DIFF 1 share may come back solved after DIFF 1, or 2, or 30, or 458, or 1.4K.... Thus, it arrives "late"... sooo... initially it will be added to the count when it "arrives", in the "next block"... but when "calculated" hours later, it is sorted by ID#... thus, it moves back into the correct block below. So your adjustment is correct, sort-of... (It should be half and half, but that is a little more complex to process. Starting in block 222, but finishing in block 223, and in block 222 you had 0.000021% of the work-load, but in block 223 you had 0.000032% of the workload, so it looks like you lost a little as it moves back to where it should have been, in the lower share-stack.)

If the SHARE identified itself as the ID, in the "final results" or the "final results" were what was recorded for you to see... you would never notice it.

P.S. that is also how you get strange hash-rates... because you "are still solving" a share from the last-update... which comes back with a crazy-high number in the next update of your hash-rate. Like returning a DIFF 380/1... thus your prior hash calculation is short by 380, and the hash estimate now is +380 more than it should be, on the new hash-rate.

That plus network lag... delivering late packets. But TCP always delivers... so you ALWAYS get credit. It resends until it makes it home.

P.S. "Best share" should be correctly labeled "worst share"... It took LONGER, and thus, was "bad"... a "best", would be finding a 1/1 on every DIFF 1 share... not finding a DIFF 1 after 380 share-times (DIFF 380/1)

Lucko

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:30:27 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.
Yes and your point is? Probably everyone know that... Well some newbies might not. This is not an issue. The problem is that the pool is failing and Slush is not addressing that. It is reasonable assumption that this should happen. Many of us like Slush pool but if you take Slush away is only a pool. So following your thinking I did what needs to be done and remove miners for this pool. But I would like to put them back as soon as we have Slush pool back.
mr_john

Activity: 41

Austria

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:57:26 AM

P.S. "Best share" should be correctly labeled "worst share"... It took LONGER, and thus, was "bad"... a "best", would be finding a 1/1 on every DIFF 1 share... not finding a DIFF 1 after 380 share-times (DIFF 380/1)

You didn't understand the share system.

The pool gives you the block data for the next bitcoin block and you are trying to find a matching hash value. The global bitcoin network requires that the found hash value must at least be of difficulty 12mio (at the moment) to be accepted (doesn't matter if the hash value has accidently even higher difficulty, it just has to be >12mio).

On the other hand your pool does not ask you "just work and tell me if you found a hash value which has a difficulty >12mio" because this way he wouldn't hear very often from you and would not know if you really are doing some work.

So instead the pool asks you: "try to find a matching hash with difficulty >12mio and to prove me that you are really trying also send me every hash which has a difficulty better than 1 (and let's call these "shares"). And if someone accidentily really finds a hash value with diff >12mio the pool can broadcast it to the global bitcoin network and we all get the reward

So the string "DIFF 380/1" just means that the pool required you to submit a hash value of difficulty 1 and you just sent him an even better one with difficulty 380. And the best share was your best found value until now. It's just informative. Doesn't say anything on how long it took.

I simplified a little, but hope you get the picture.
john Smiley
ewitte

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:11:08 AM

Every single one you (almost), need to rethink how you view bitcoin and your rewards in this pool.  You act as if you do something you deserve, hahaha lol deserve a reward for it.  And then post many inane data filled clusters about that proof, and don't still realize one simple thing.  I can say none of you get it because the increasing page posts about this and that and how mandy shoulda done this and that within roughly the last half of  the totality of the posts on this thread that I've read does not mention this maxim.

If I do A then I will get B, this is what happens at a J.O.B.  If you endeavor into this realm where A does not mean at all then that B proceeds then you will have learned a lot about life.  If you mine and you have introduced to the pool so many hashes this does not mean you will get rewarded what so ever, and if you do it may not be what you expect.  This is understood, and accepted, it might be a hard concept with which to wrap your head around, but that is it.  And if you have made a huge investment in this endeavor then you did so at your own will.  No one, Not Slush Nor you held a gun to your head and said throw away your money, or risk it.  This is your risk, no one else's, your choice.

Its not reasonable because we actually are doing work.   I would add though if one consistently got nothing there is no point in doing bitcoin at all.  

Weirdness aside I still seem to pull more off Slush than other similar pools which is when I came back after a few days.  IDK it could be the blocks that everyone complains about sometimes I get 3-4x reward off a block when there is a reset near the end.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
goatmonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:39:20 PM

Is there a way to find out the total number of BTC mined since joining the pool?

Donations: 13HvCR6KpDBacpXRN1gwEYUnHJrsdYiXwK
biz

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:43:57 PM

Is there a way to find out the total number of BTC mined since joining the pool?

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/transactions/

But only if you didn't change your BTC address provided there.

BTC: 1P4BnRN5REdNhQXQWs6ySbPVMdbTKd4dkN
goatmonkey

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Oh hahaha thanks!

Donations: 13HvCR6KpDBacpXRN1gwEYUnHJrsdYiXwK
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... 1104 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.