Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:18:14 PM

Chinese ban on ICO may end after the elections to the Communist Congress on October 18

oh... its really nice news for all crypto-community  Roll Eyes
May be after China, Korea also allowed ICO? I think they must dont forbitten ICO, they must have some regulative organ for this

some one has write on previous page that china unban ICO, but ICO must has regulation.

Most likely China just wants to regulate ico's. That's why first ban (pause), make rules, unban.
China doesn't like it if their Yuan is spend outside of China, that is why China is always dramatic. China is heavily invested in crypto though, control most of mining power of Bitcoin, so don't think they will ever do a full ban Smiley

I agree with you, full ban is really unlikely, because if they wanna regulate ICOs, they have to regulate everything else about cryptocurrency, which is not happening quite yet.
They just want to get sure that they don't lose power. I think all ICOs that don't interfere with them will be allowed again soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 874

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:32:17 PM

So we agree that the GAT platform needs a way to support sanity checks before the Merchant Tokens are released. But what if an exploit is detected when the promo is already running and it is not covered by the sanity checks?

It looks like that too is covered:

Merchant Tokens may be destroyed and modified any time according to the requirements of the issuer. This allows merchants to quickly change or even withdraw programs if there is any negative impact resulting from their digital token program.

In that case I am interesting in how the user interface for configuring and managing Merchant Tokens looks.

Yes, this is the answer to this question about coupons. Very good. Although there is one point that I do not understand. Suppose I bought a lot of this merchant coupons, and he destroyed them. But in any case, these are all assumptions, need to see how the system will function in reality.

Good point. Allowing merchants to modify or destroy Tokens will lower their risk, which good for without their adoption of GATCOIN there is no GATCOIN. At the same time for customers that means holding Merchant Tokens is a risk, just like loyalty points and cashback programs are at the mercy of their issuers' whims. That may hurt the adoption of the GAT system on the customers' side.

There needs to be a proper balance between merchant and customer risk. Any ideas?

Probably, the merchant must issue his coupons with a certain period of validity. After that unused coupons will be automatically destroyed. In any case, if a merchant destroys coupons that someone bought, this can negatively affect the reputation of this merchant.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:43:13 PM

Chinese ban on ICO may end after the elections to the Communist Congress on October 18

May be after China, Korea also allowed ICO? I think they must dont forbitten ICO, they must have some regulative organ for this

some one has write on previous page that china unban ICO, but ICO must has regulation.

have you link for official news? Its only gossip without official confirmation..

Everyday there's someone saying that a country is going to ban cryptocurrencies. I just typically ignore it and go about my business. There's not a whole lot I can do to change it so I'm just going to keep making my money.  Wink

True words. I also can't understand why this must be discussed in ANNs of some cryptos. The only relevant information out of this is maybe if some specific countries could take part in the ICO or not ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:18:27 PM

There are a lot of merchants nowadays which want to increase the number of their customers by offered tokens. To be honest, not all people will regularly use the services from such merchant, hence sometimes they had to throw away the tokens they got because it is impossible for them to colect the required tokens to be eligible to exchange it with a reward. GATcoin will solve this problem I guess. Instead of throwing away their unused tokens, people can trade it.

Yes, that's the point. How often did I just throw away some points for reward programs I never used or just said I don't want them. Would really love to haven an opportunity to change them in some usefull points to use them in the shops I regulary visit.

so gatcoin is the universal points which will eliminate existing retail vouchers and tokens ?

Instead of vouchers, coupons etc. each merchant can create his own token. In case customers who got these merchant tokens don't want/can't redeem them can trade them for other merchant tokens which suits them better. However, merchant tokens can't be traded directly, first you have to sell your tokens for Gatcoins, with your Gatcoins you now can buy the desired tokens.

IT's all clear that each merchant will be able to have it's own token. The question that remains for me is will this token also be distributed on the Ethereum blockchain or will this be done on another Gatcoin blockchain? As currently the GATCOIN is to be distributed on the ETHEREUM blockchain.

hopefully the Ethereum upcoming fork will bring more stability and capacity to the blockchain as I'm not sure that it would currently be able to manage the additional number of transactions brought into the blockchain by Gatcoin

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

There are a lot of merchants nowadays which want to increase the number of their customers by offered tokens. To be honest, not all people will regularly use the services from such merchant, hence sometimes they had to throw away the tokens they got because it is impossible for them to colect the required tokens to be eligible to exchange it with a reward. GATcoin will solve this problem I guess. Instead of throwing away their unused tokens, people can trade it.

Yes, that's the point. How often did I just throw away some points for reward programs I never used or just said I don't want them. Would really love to haven an opportunity to change them in some usefull points to use them in the shops I regulary visit.

so gatcoin is the universal points which will eliminate existing retail vouchers and tokens ?

Instead of vouchers, coupons etc. each merchant can create his own token. In case customers who got these merchant tokens don't want/can't redeem them can trade them for other merchant tokens which suits them better. However, merchant tokens can't be traded directly, first you have to sell your tokens for Gatcoins, with your Gatcoins you now can buy the desired tokens.

IT's all clear that each merchant will be able to have it's own token. The question that remains for me is will this token also be distributed on the Ethereum blockchain or will this be done on another Gatcoin blockchain? As currently the GATCOIN is to be distributed on the ETHEREUM blockchain.

hopefully the Ethereum upcoming fork will bring more stability and capacity to the blockchain as I'm not sure that it would currently be able to manage the additional number of transactions brought into the blockchain by Gatcoin

For the merchant tokens Gatcoin will deploy a high-speed SSL solution. This system is described in their whitepaper and on their website. https://www.gatcoin.io/how-it-works-high-speed-super-large-ledger-technology/

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:38:45 PM

I don't know anybody checked for it.

I was checking Sk planet to see more info about it. And I saw they have a network named cotoco (which also mentioned here before). Now I checked their network to see what is it. I can say I love this project more than before.

It is Japanese but you probably don't need any language for understanding most of the brands.

https://cotoco.net/brandList/init

For example: Amazon, starbucks, dominos etc.

I used google translator to check it out, if you click on starbucks you see that you can get 1 yen discount for a drink there. So yeah, pretty big brand names!!!

So, with GAT tokens we also have different disounts? Japan is expancive country. We need big discounts  Grin
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:46:09 PM

Probably, the merchant must issue his coupons with a certain period of validity. After that unused coupons will be automatically destroyed. In any case, if a merchant destroys coupons that someone bought, this can negatively affect the reputation of this merchant.

I still think all possible scenarios must be analyzed. One mistake by a brand can affect a complete consortium. It may not be possible to destroy the coupons in that situation. But I guess it was the same with Air Miles, which branched beyond travel.

And Air Miles also destroyed coupons by the way Wink

In 2016, as the deadline for redeeming points came closer, the media began to report on Canadian collectors struggling to redeem their points, frustrations with customer service, accusations that reward offers were being manipulated to discourage redemptions and that merchandise was being hidden from some customers.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Just thinking the beauty of this project is that merchants will have less worries in implementing a rewards system according to their  preference. No need for additional infrastructures Smiley Blockchain will paved the way.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:56:27 PM

Yes I think even with the ban of ico there is also a lot of investors in ico. I think gatcoin will raise a lot of money, a lot of supporters come from countries allowed to participate in ico.

just 3 letters Wink VPN
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:08:39 PM

Yes I think even with the ban of ico there is also a lot of investors in ico. I think gatcoin will raise a lot of money, a lot of supporters come from countries allowed to participate in ico.

just 3 letters Wink VPN

That's what I've been saying for weeks on this forum. it doesn't matter if countries ban ICO's. there are always workarounds.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:19:09 PM

I still think all possible scenarios must be analyzed. One mistake by a brand can affect a complete consortium. It may not be possible to destroy the coupons in that situation. But I guess it was the same with Air Miles, which branched beyond travel.

And Air Miles also destroyed coupons by the way Wink

In 2016, as the deadline for redeeming points came closer, the media began to report on Canadian collectors struggling to redeem their points, frustrations with customer service, accusations that reward offers were being manipulated to discourage redemptions and that merchandise was being hidden from some customers.

I don't know if the Gatcoin platform can prevent merchants from manipulation like described above, since Gatcoins plans to make it easy to destroy and modify tokens. Maybe it is possible to implement certain parameters or conditions for the destruction of tokens.

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:42:04 PM

Just thinking the beauty of this project is that merchants will have less worries in implementing a rewards system according to their  preference. No need for additional infrastructures Smiley Blockchain will paved the way.

Dont forget that Gatcoin will provide platform, internal exchange and probably some support for them. I know some similar projects outside of blockchain and they are doing quite good and now imagine how much more possibilities opens for you on blockchain.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:10:04 PM

just 3 letters Wink VPN

That's what I've been saying for weeks on this forum. it doesn't matter if countries ban ICO's. there are always workarounds.

Virtual Machine, with a VPN and fake ID to get into ICO's. Im not sure if the average person goes through all this Smiley
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:20:27 PM

GAT digital tokens are planned to be used in SKPJ’s retail gift voucher program, COTOCO. GAT tokens for COTOCO will cover 21 major international and local brands with a network of over 30,000 retail stores, 80,000 restaurants and 60,000 beauty outlets. The brands cover household names in the fast food restaurant, beverage, confectionary, beauty and convenience store businesses.

Can anyone explaine me, in which countries this tokens will be avaliable? As I understand correctry, in Japan and Korea only? (As SK Japan - its Korean company witch working in Korea and Japan)  Huh
The token will start from there but it will not stop , In the whitepaper there is a whole part on how the token will expand they even mentioned the cities on which they are planing expand . 2018 ( Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen,Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, San Francisco ) , 2019 ( Los Angeles, New York,London, Berlin, Stockholm, Paris ) , 2020 (Moscow, Sao Paulo, Milan, Dubai, Jakarta, Manila, Bangalore, Sydney ) . So basically they are planning to expand in most of major cities .

Yes, such a vast geography is impressive, if the developers manage to implement the conceived, it really will be a world-class project!

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:21:04 PM

found short video preview - shown as GATCOIN planned 2018 global marketing campaign.
as we see, their goal is to raise awareness of GATCOIN and digital currencies in general. it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUNXUWDqjI
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:30:51 PM

found short video preview - shown as GATCOIN planned 2018 global marketing campaign.
as we see, their goal is to raise awareness of GATCOIN and digital currencies in general. it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUNXUWDqjI
Good movie, thanks! It looks pretty futuristic, but maybe it's the near future  Wink

ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:34:44 PM

It's just me or devs are not very active here lately? They are active on telegram, maybe I will ask those questions about SSL blockchain and how they will issue merchant tokens there Embarrassed

Devs are indeed more active on Telegam then here on BTCT.
Maybe they should transfer a dev from Telegram to BTCT. Its a very active thread with a lot of question. Investors would like an active dev on a BTCT tread.

Hope someone can answer some questions from the community.
Keep it up!

Telegram is too noisy for me, you leave one day you got 125 messages to read and no channels, I don't really like it.

@kraterion sorry for the silence! We've been working around the clock to get everything ready for the ICO--just 17 days left!!
What were your questions about SSL and Merchant Tokens? I want to make sure your questions are answered  Smiley
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:39:25 PM

Yup,I think that countries have to accept the ICO as a reality. The governments should accept and seek to collect taxes from these businesses rather than ban them. Smiley)

But, do you agree with me if I say that the whole ICO market must be regulated sooner ot later? There are so many scam ICOs around, without regulation, if they go away with your money you can't do anything (maybe if it's a US based ICO thanks to SEC)

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:42:00 PM

I read some of you talking about smart contracts but we don't know if the GAT blockchain will have smart contracts. In fact I wanna know when the entire blockchain's documentation will be released

not sure if they're necessary since Gatcoin controls everything about any tokens minted for their customers.

Exactly, there's no need for smart contracts, they just need to mint tokens based on merchant's demands. I don't see merchants manage directly all their tokens

The purpose of smart contracts in GATCOIN will mainly be to help merchants control the use and expiration of their Merchant Tokens. So if they want to issue a promotion for a certain period of time before the Tokens expire, this will be done through the smart contracts. Another reason why we think this is such a great solution!
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:47:42 PM

just 3 letters Wink VPN

It's always possible to buy on the exchanges on a later stadium. Sometimes it's even cheaper (when there are a lot of whales dumping on the first days for example)
However talking back about Gatcoin. If you currently look at the partner and the contries of launch, it seriously doubt that Gatcoin WONT become sold out.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: